Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I watched a video, I think posted on Arfcom a while back, about Jews that tried to return to their homes after being freed from the camps, only to find other families occupying their homes with no intent of giving them back.  In many cases the occupying families were still using the Jews' furniture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The scene where kids and families were throwing rocks and shit at the prisoners on the trains yelling "goodbye Jews!" was chilling.

And see that was the Poles. Anybody who just believe that the Germans were the only anti Semites back then in Europe needs to read some more history. The Poles and The Ukrainians were just as bad.
The end of the film gave me chills.  

"Are there any Jews left in POLAND?"
Silence.
"Where do we go?"
Russian Soldier -Don't go East they hate you there....I wouldn't go West either.

Many of the Jews that survived were killed on sight when they returned to the towns where they lived before the war

I watched a video, I think posted on Arfcom a while back, about Jews that tried to return to their homes after being freed from the camps, only to find other families occupying their homes with no intent of giving them back.  In many cases the occupying families were still using the Jews' furniture.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I will probably go check this out when I visit Krakow in a couple of months.
View Quote

it is a short walk from the main square downtown
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
And I have read posters  here on ar15.com that support the destruction of Israel and the extermination of the Jewish people.    It shames me there are people like that here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not sure how you managed to actually do that.  That movie drains the life out of most anyone that watches it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My girl friend and me went to see it at the theater but we started making out and missed a lot of it.

I'm not sure how you managed to actually do that.  That movie drains the life out of most anyone that watches it

Well, You are in BIG TROUBLE!!   Rachael's Dad is SO Pissed at You!!   You should be ASHAMED of yourself!!

BIGGER_HAMMER

EDITED to explain - This was from Sienfeld...
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#5]
In all seriousness, that was SUCH a powerful movie!

The Little Girl in the Red Coat was such a incredible image.

As a father, I can't tell you what that did to me.

I really think this is a required to see film.

Ralph Fienes nailed Goeth

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My girl friend and me went to see it at the theater but we started making out and missed a lot of it.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Weird, the theater I saw it in, there was no particular reaction.  In fact, the only time I've seen a movie with dead silence broken by sobbing was the Jesus movie (drawing a total blank on the name).
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've still never seen it which is odd considering my taste in movies and my interest in history.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Seeing that exhibit has stuck with me for over 20 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The museum in DC has an exhibit with all the shoes from the victims. You can still smell them.

There is also a Alfred Hitchcock documentary is saw on HBO not too long ago. It was never finished

Seeing that exhibit has stuck with me for over 20 years.

At Auschwicz they have the shoes and also piles of hundreds of suitcases.  You can see the people wrote their names on their suitcases thinking they were actually going to see them again.  That was about the point I lost it and had to go outside for some air.  There was a bunch of other visitors standing outside, crying.  Infinite sadness is the only way I can describe how that place feels.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And I have read posters  here on ar15.com that support the destruction of Israel and the extermination of the Jewish people.    It shames me there are people like that here.
View Quote

It amazes me how many NYC "Jews" dont care about the fate of Israel.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#11]
The documentary that Hitchcock started showed them bringing the Germans to see the camp. They were passing out and some were in plain denial.

If I recall right they never finished it because they thought I would be too depressing

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I served in Berlin before and after The Wall, married a German gal, was real close with her family.

And I just couldn't fathom how the Holocaust could happen among the German people.

Until our own 2008 and 2012 elections.

View Quote

Damn . . .
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't know if this has been posted yet....but I highly recommend "Auschwitz, the Nazi's and the Final Solution" on Netflix.  It is a 6-part BBC documentary on Auschwitz and its related camp, Birkenau.  It is both very well done and utterly revolting.  To watch the Germans systematically apply their methodical engineering and attention to detail to the "problem" of mass execution is a gut check of the highest order.   To think that Germans at large (or the Allies) didn't know what was going on is ludicrous.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have never seen that here in 11 years. Well no one ever s aid that explicitly that I can remember.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Fiennes really does a great job with the casual malevolence of his character.  It is much worse than just being sinister.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gnQEishiYg0/maxresdefault.jpg

View Quote
I read somewhere that he cut such a similar figure/stance in his uniform that it caused one of the real survivors on set to become visibly upset, as if Goethe had come to life again.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Or Ho Feng Shan?

http://www.dontow.com/2011/04/jewish-chinese-connection-during-wwii-how-a-chinese-diplomat-saved-thousands-of-jews/

Quoted:

And how many people have heard of Irena Sendler?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Liberal logic:  Schindler saves 1,200 Jews while still making a profit and having them work in his factories and he's a hero.

Pope Pious XII saves an estimated 800,000 and he didn't do enough.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/anti-semitism/piusdef.html

And how many people have heard of Irena Sendler?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have never seen that here in 11 years. Well no one ever s aid that explicitly that I can remember.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Start any Israel thread.  Something innocuous, maybe their exports of pomegranate and what it means to the pomegranate market.  They will come out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe one or two nutters have said something about Israel but, saying anti-Semitism is a part of the culture of this site is vile and disingenuous.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Powerfull movie , of course.

I happened to see it by myself and one thing that occurred to me was that after the lights came on and folks were leaving the crowded theater no one was saying a word

Just blank stares and silence
View Quote

Don't fool yourself into thinking that most of those people understood the take-home message of that movie.  They went ahead and voted for Obama anyway.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Russians were monsters....Stalin had no issues what so ever getting rid of the Jews.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watching it makes me think we should have taken every Nazi involved in the Holocaust and just shot them in the head. We were far to lenient on them.

Well, the Russians weren't very lenient.
The Russians were monsters....Stalin had no issues what so ever getting rid of the Jews.  

While no friends of the Jews in general, Russians/Soviets didn't target Jews for extermination as did the Germans.  Pogroms here and there.  In fact, plenty of Jews were in key positions of the communist party.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a scene of that in the excellent BBC documentary Auschwitz:  Inside the Nazi State.  The funny part was the people who took over the home were convinced the Auschwitz survivor came back to get hidden money in the house and they tore the house apart looking for it.  There was no money and the new owner couldn't afford to fix it so it was abandoned.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw a couple of you mentioned the girl in colorized red coat being dead, I had to go thru and search, I never noticed her in the Krakow Gorka scene,  Wasn't much red left to notice.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Start any Israel thread.  Something innocuous, maybe their exports of pomegranate and what it means to the pomegranate market.  They will come out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not anti-Semitic, but I'll leave my thoughts private as to what should happen to the Jews who are conspiring to corner the pomegranate market.  My wife actually does put frozen pomegranate into our smoothies.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There's a scene of that in the excellent BBC documentary Auschwitz:  Inside the Nazi State.  The funny part was the people who took over the home were convinced the Auschwitz survivor came back to get hidden money in the house and they tore the house apart looking for it.  There was no money and the new owner couldn't afford to fix it so it was abandoned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  That was the one I was thinking about.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#25]

OP, if you think you felt bad after watching that movie, you should watch The Grey Zone about the Jewish kapos at Auschwitz.  I can understand the Germans killing Jews as they hated them, but Jewish kapos were put into the situation (by the Germans) of having to decide if they would help exterminate their fellow Jews to obtain a few more months of life, or die immediately in the gas chambers.  There was no shortage of volunteers.  There are true stories of kapos having to place the dead bodies of relatives into the crematoria for disposal after arriving on the same train into the camp.  I've read first person accounts of what they had to do.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, someone else mentioned it above.  There is one SS man who is/was being prosecuted because of the interviews he gave in that film.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
While no friends of the Jews in general, Russians/Soviets didn't target Jews for extermination as did the Germans.  Pogroms here and there.  In fact, plenty of Jews were in key positions of the communist party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watching it makes me think we should have taken every Nazi involved in the Holocaust and just shot them in the head. We were far to lenient on them.

Well, the Russians weren't very lenient.

It was more Poland....Sorry I have a lot of Polish in my family and they were not treated very well by the Russians.

This Bastard of the Versailles treaty should cease to exist once and for all. - Joseph Stalin.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I too saw it for the first time about a month ago...

Any Jew who doesn't have a few pistols, a pile of quality ammo, some food and a little portable wealth hasn't been paying attention.

And for God's sake, don't talk about it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Weird, the theater I saw it in, there was no particular reaction.  In fact, the only time I've seen a movie with dead silence broken by sobbing was the Jesus movie (drawing a total blank on the name).
View Quote

The Passion of the Christ?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Propaganda

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#31]
^an 88er appears!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#32]
was a powerful movie that I haven't seen since the 90's.

a few months ago I discovered another shocking portrayal of the Holocaust... an 80's television series called "War and Remembrance"... it's the conclusion to the earlier "The Winds of War"... it is first class television.

One of the main story lines is two main characters journey around Europe as they attempt to evade the Nazis while trying to find a way to America.

The last several programs depict them in Theresianstadt, and later off to Auschwitz... it is very shocking and sobering, and I am frankly surprised that network television allowed such brutality(this was the 80's)... I've since read that the director demanded a completely free hand in his depiction of the Holocaust or he wouldn't produce the series... very powerful... I felt gutted at the end just like I did from SPR.

recommend if you're up too it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#33]
About a week ago on an Entertainment Website I got into a "Discussion" on the subject of Why People Are Getting Rid of Cable.  I said it was because I was tired of paying for 100+ channels for the pleaser of watching maybe 20.

One raving lunatic said it was because of the Jews in Hollywood.  Jews ruined cable with their filth and garbage, etc.  He said that Hugh Hefner and Larry Flynt were both Jewish. ()  If you bother to check it out you'll see that Heff was from an extremely straight laced Methodist background.  Larry Flynt?  Only God knows. I ever corrected him on it.  But noooooo....he said.  They are both Jewish through and through.

I'm probably wrong here, but I figure that Christ will have some interesting words with that goy after he dies.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#34]
lots of people require a villain in there lives... for some it's a coworker they obsess over, for others a parent... some, an entire race/culture of human beings apparently..
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Propaganda

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Liberal logic:  Schindler saves 1,200 Jews while still making a profit and having them work in his factories and he's a hero.

View Quote

As a Jew that lost family in the camps I say FUCK pious xii.  Saved 800,000?  Bullshit!  That website is so full of it...

pious was a piece of shit.  The only reason any "saves" can be credited to him is him getting credit for priests that saved someone.  

pious was a collaborator plain and simple.  Any deviation from that is simply revisionist history to help the catholic church paint itself in a new light and cover up the truth.

And, yeah, there are plenty of us that take "Never Again!" as if our lives may depend upon it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's an easy way to identify the 'fellow travelers" of the current administration.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
^an 88er appears!
View Quote

He was outed a long time ago
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Propaganda

View Quote

Humanity><molardog
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The museum in DC has an exhibit with all the shoes from the victims. You can still smell them.

There is also a Alfred Hitchcock documentary is saw on HBO not too long ago. It was never finished

View Quote

The wife and I entered the DC museum but left after about 45 minutes. I didn't want to see parts of it.

50 years ago when I was 20 I read every book I could find about the holocaust.

One of my favorite al time movies (and book) was QB VII by Leon Uris. OUTSTANDING....
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#45]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
As a Jew that lost family in the camps I say FUCK pious xii.  Saved 800,000?  Bullshit!  That website is so full of it...
pious was a piece of shit.  The only reason any "saves" can be credited to him is him getting credit for priests that saved someone.  
pious was a collaborator plain and simple.  Any deviation from that is simply revisionist history to help the catholic church paint itself in a new light and cover up the truth.
And, yeah, there are plenty of us that take "Never Again!" as if our lives may depend upon it.
View Quote

You sound like a person who hates Catholics.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#47]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a Catholic who lost family in the camps, I have to disagree. Thousands of forged baptismal certificates, thousands of Vatican visas, thousands of people freed.

And yeah, I do believe in "never again" too. Not just Jews were harmed by the holocaust.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#49]
I have been a history buff my whole life, especially concerning WW2. I was raised in the country &
have been shooting & hunting since I was 8. I've always enjoyed shooting & the freedom that
owning a weapon gives me. But, it never really hit me until the last year or so as to how deeply
I held those convictions.

My wife & daughter have always known I am a 2A supporter. The daughter just wasn't into shooting
when we first tried it together...wrong age, mindset, etc etc. We never really talked about the 2A
that much over the years.

After I bought my first AR-15 a few months ago, my daughter asked me "Why?....Why did you want
to buy that gun?" And right then & there, that line I had just seen recently here about the police & the
military being the only ones who had weapons during the Holocaust popped into my head. So, I just
told her that...word for word. But I finished it off by saying that no one in this family of ours is going
to be marched to a train. "BY GOD, I entered this world a FREE man & when I leave it, I will leave it a
FREE man."

I have not seen the movie; I don't think I could make it all the way thru it. Perhaps I will watch it with
my son when he gets old enough.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Top Top