Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's where I lost it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can even hear the migraine guy laughing from his room.

That's where I lost it.  

Same
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Like facts, OP is waycist.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Gypsies become nurses? I thought they just did bad driveway resurfacing.
View Quote

Nah, the traveling nurses get obscene benefits. $2500/ month housing stipend, $1000/ month chow stipend, wages equal to the regular staff. So take a $600 studio, bank $1900/ month. Because of this, there's a some resentment towards traveling nurses. The ones who bitch constantly, are lazy, or otherwise generally unpleasant to be around generally get referred to as gypsies.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Aaaannnndddd he's gone.
View Quote

I worked third shift, I was taking a nap!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

In before HR complaint
View Quote
Yup.

And... what's the name of the app? I want it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hope your resume is up to date It is
I see a job change in your future So do I, but unrelated to this

Come on down. We could use you here Funny you mention that, been considering relocating. Sure you all wouldn't just call me a carpet-bagger or some such?

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
id be happy if they required a state id card to vote... and they gave them away for free..... im sick of all this bullshit that requiring id is a undue burdon on your right to vote... but the second amendment requires id, back ground checks, permits, waiting periods and much more, and thats fine.

the ONLY reason people are fighting id to vote, is because theres fucking MASSIVE fraud going on.  if a right is important to someone, they will find a way to get a id, and get their ass to a polling station... a 5 year old kid could stand outside walmart and panhandle enough money in a couple hours to get the cash to pay for a drivers license / id, and cab fare to get to the polling station.
View Quote

I'd have to check, but I think until 2016 here, you can still use utility bills for the voter ID requirements. Talk about a low standard!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Even migraine guy.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The racist nature of her comments about black
people  not having a license was disturbing.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I was insulted more than anything else. Pretty much why I jumped on her about it. We have black people in this hospital, from housekeeping to surgeons, and they work their asses off (for the most part) just like everybody else (for the most part) does.

You get a few random shitbags of every color and creed, but everyone else here puts in their work.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I really hope the unemployment office isn't that far away or closer than the DMV as you might find yourself there when HR was through with you.

You basically made comments and chased a black co-worker with sirens.... it's going to be a goldmine for an HR rep looking to justify their employment.

You should have just said ID's are free and provided by the state.  They don't have to drive to get an ID.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I really hope the unemployment office isn't that far away or closer than the DMV as you might find yourself there when HR was through with you.

You basically made comments and chased a black co-worker with sirens.... it's going to be a goldmine for an HR rep looking to justify their employment.

You should have just said ID's are free and provided by the state.  They don't have to drive to get an ID.

So first, somebackground.

My northeast state instituted a voter ID law a couple years back. For the first few years, it's very loose (you can use your electric bill currently, I think), but it eventually tightens to .gov issued picture ID only.

I currently work hospital security. When its busy, everybody's working their asses off. When its slow, everybody just kinda hangs around bullshitting, and last night it was SLOW. I'm talking one ER patient with a migraine slow. Who the fuck goes to the ER for a migraine, btw?

One of the gypsy nurses, from some liberal shithole, starts going on and on about how voter ID is racist, thisist, thatist, the usual bullshit. So I look very calmly at her and ask reasonably...

Me: Wait, how exactly is voter ID racist? Shit, I had to show ID to buy pipe cleaners because they're considered tobacco products.

Her: (condescending tone) Well, a lot of black people don't have driver's licenses.

Me: Really? Why not? DMV's got office right in town hall. And this state is tiny, you're almost never more than 10 miles from a branch!

Her: (sadly) See, most black people are socio-economically blah blah blah SJW bullshit, they just can't afford it.

Me: (incredulous) So you're telling me most black people are driving around without licenses?!

Her: (nodding) They do what they have to do.

I stop and consider this for a couple seconds, then...

Me: Well no wonder they're always getting pulled over then!

The whole nurses' station, male, female, black, white, fucking ERUPTS in laughter. Gypsy nurse turns red as a beat, announces she's taking her break, and starts marching righteously towards the lounge.

As she goes, I flip on this app on my phone that flashes like a light bar and plays various police sirens and hold it in her direction. Everybody is now losing their shit. One young CNA gasps, "I think I'm going pee myself". You can even hear the migraine guy laughing from his room.

I know CSB. But it was pretty fucking funny!

you know how I know you score poorly on reading comprehension?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Her: (condescending tone) Well, a lot of black people don't have driver's licenses.

View Quote

My, how charmingly RACIST of her to assume that.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are serious racial undertones to many liberal beliefs.  But it is okay to think that way since they are trying to help/improve/babysit/take care of them.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
View Quote

Expect a call from the HR.    

Better polish up your resume

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Navy story.
Back in the day, I was getting dressed after showering.  
Couple of racist black guys were going on about how the sun was their friend and they don't get sunburned just YT does.  
Really yukking it up trying to fuck with a few White guys for no good reason.
Few minutes later another black fellow walks out of the head and says, "damn I got the shit burned out of me today".
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#15]
It's always great to send a lib into a tail spin.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I giggled
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
View Quote

Hope you keep your anus peppered.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
View Quote

meh...theres always one nurse tugging on HR's ear and if its a decent workplace then HR wont make a big deal about it (unless its a serious issue, which i would not classify this as)

plus, she probably will forget/stop caring once she needs his assistance; a noncompliant patient, inventory or whatever (at least thats how the ER nurses were when I worked security)
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
id be happy if they required a state id card to vote... and they gave them away for free..... im sick of all this bullshit that requiring id is a undue burdon on your right to vote... but the second amendment requires id, back ground checks, permits, waiting periods and much more, and thats fine.

the ONLY reason people are fighting id to vote, is because theres fucking MASSIVE fraud going on.  if a right is important to someone, they will find a way to get a id, and get their ass to a polling station... a 5 year old kid could stand outside walmart and panhandle enough money in a couple hours to get the cash to pay for a drivers license / id, and cab fare to get to the polling station.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just some friendly and albeit unsolicited advice, while your story is funny (like, sitcom funny), if you ever wonder why your just a few-bucks-an-hour security guard and not earning a nice income working a professional-level job, rethink that interaction. Here is a hint, it isn't how professionals conduct themselves in the workplace. If your just some teen or early twenty-something kid, then use it as a lesson-learned.    
View Quote

You excoriate him for that, and cannot distinguish between your and you're?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Well played OP,

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
CSB, my wife has been to the ER for bad migraines. They are very stingy with the good meds here and if it's really bad the ER is the only remedy.

View Quote

I don't doubt your wife, and many other people have legit terrible migraines. Unfortunately, in my area, we have a lot of "frequent fliers", including known IV opiate users, with various "pain issues", ranging from toothe-aches, through spinal pain, etc, who are actually drug seekers. When they don't have cash for street drugs like heroin, the various -codones, fentanyl, etc, they grab their "free-to-me" state insurance card and run to the nearest ER. Then they start spouting, "nothing works for me except dilaudid!"

The downside is that legitimate people, like your wife, tend to get looked at with skepticism claiming excruciating migraine pain. Not sure if that's what's happening here, but I see it a lot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
May I recommend some reading for your (remaining) lunch breaks?

http://www.elephantsatwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Cover-What-To-Do-After-Being-Fired-197x300.jpg
View Quote

What the fuck is a lunch break, Leisure?

Seriously, I'm asking, I don't get those.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Awfully good of you to be so courteous as to engage her in such a stroke-inducing manner while you were both in an ER.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I guess you had to be there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yup.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
Yup.  

I hope you're sitting down, as this may come as a shock to you, but its called...
"Police Siren (free)"

Honestly, just search the App Store and you'll find metric shit-ton of free ones. Pick whichever suits your needs. I downloaded this one years ago when I needed it as a joke prop in a pinch.

And I may or may not have zip-tied my phone to the IV pole of a wheelchair, proclaimed it the "new security patrol vehicle" and proceeded to zip around the ER on a night when we didn't get a single patient all shift, and everybody was bored out of their gourd.

Allegedly.

That also allegedly paid dividends after the shift ended.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#29]
LOL
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Small NE state.

You could have asked if she's ever SEEN a black in person.  Or, just on TV.

Suggest she takes a 1-year tour in Grady in Atlanta.  And then get back to you.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There are serious racial undertones to many liberal beliefs.  But it is okay to think that way since they are trying to help/improve/babysit/take care of them.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gypsies we get from Jersey are probably the worst.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#32]
As a migraine sufferer, I can say that if you managed to get him to laugh, it was funny.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

meh...theres always one nurse tugging on HR's ear and if its a decent workplace then HR wont make a big deal about it (unless its a serious issue, which i would not classify this as)

plus, she probably will forget/stop caring once she needs his assistance; a noncompliant patient, inventory or whatever (at least thats how the ER nurses were when I worked security)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before HR complaint

Since her contract is up in under three weeks, yeah, it's good.

Also, due to past performance, most of the medical staff comes to me first to de-escalate patients verbally. The upside is that I'm known in the ER as the "drunk-whisperer". The downside is I have more paperwork. I fucking hate paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Awfully good of you to be so courteous as to engage her in such a stroke-inducing manner while you were both in an ER.
View Quote

Yeah, with one patient. With a confirmed migraine. Who was treated pending release. And who was laughing his ass off. After she decided to inject politics into a, "so no shit, there I was..." conversation.

What an asshole I am.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Hang on now, he might not speak Spanish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope your resume is up to date
I see a job change in your future

Come on down. We could use you here

Hang on now, he might not speak Spanish.

Que es? El no habla espanol? Poe que? No es possible!

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope your resume is up to date It is
I see a job change in your future So do I, but unrelated to this

Come on down. We could use you here Funny you mention that, been considering relocating. Sure you all wouldn't just call me a carpet-bagger or some such?

Yes, WE would definitely call you a carpet bagger, (or some such), but we'd get over it if you consistently displayed an attitude such as that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You should know that a Migraine is capable of many things including emulating stroke symptoms and appearing like a full on stroke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So first, somebackground.

My northeast state instituted a voter ID law a couple years back. For the first few years, it's very loose (you can use your electric bill currently, I think), but it eventually tightens to .gov issued picture ID only.

I currently work hospital security. When its busy, everybody's working their asses off. When its slow, everybody just kinda hangs around bullshitting, and last night it was SLOW. I'm talking one ER patient with a migraine slow. Who the fuck goes to the ER for a migraine, btw?

One of the gypsy nurses, from some liberal shithole, starts going on and on about how voter ID is racist, thisist, thatist, the usual bullshit. So I look very calmly at her and ask reasonably...

Me: Wait, how exactly is voter ID racist? Shit, I had to show ID to buy pipe cleaners because they're considered tobacco products.

Me: Really? Why not? DMV's got office right in town hall. And this state is tiny, you're almost never more than 10 miles from a branch!

Her: (sadly) See, most black people are socio-economically blah blah blah SJW bullshit, they just can't afford it.

Me: (incredulous) So you're telling me most black people are driving around without licenses?!

Her: (nodding) They do what they have to do.

I stop and consider this for a couple seconds, then...

Me: Well no wonder they're always getting pulled over then!

The whole nurses' station, male, female, black, white, fucking ERUPTS in laughter. Gypsy nurse turns red as a beat, announces she's taking her break, and starts marching righteously towards the lounge.

As she goes, I flip on this app on my phone that flashes like a light bar and plays various police sirens and hold it in her direction. Everybody is now losing their shit. One young CNA gasps, "I think I'm going pee myself". You can even hear the migraine guy laughing from his room.

I know CSB. But it was pretty fucking funny!

You should know that a Migraine is capable of many things including emulating stroke symptoms and appearing like a full on stroke.

My wife has made a couple ER visits for a migraine.
When all the meds, botox, and shit doesn't knock out the migraine she has gone to the ER for some kinda shot, I can't remember what it is but they will not give it to her until she has someone waiting to take her home, they don't want her to drive after getting the shot. And it's usually surrounded by 20-30 hours in the bed knocked out until the pain is gone, only interruption being to vomit and cold showers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#38]
She's saying blacks are too dumb and lazy to get an ID, why not call her on that?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#39]
The siren thing with the phone - fucking gold!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#40]

I just got a migraine from all the butthurt in this thread.

I took several aspirin w/caffeine and feel better now.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OP- If you dodge a bullet and don't get reprimanded or at worse, fired over this, just remember no truer words were ever spoken....

Never discuss politics or religion at work  (or at the supper table)
View Quote

But the lefty's always feel rather free to talk politics & religion and thus make their points.  What dissuades them?  Certainly not "our sense of good manners"...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Go all the way OP.  Print this, show lib, ask if he is racist.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I know many states made the ID free.  I would have said "they are so poor they can't afford a free ID?"

And who's racist?  You for wanting a voter ID law or the nurse for thinking that The only poor people are black?
View Quote

ID has to be free IOT not be considered a poll tax.

And I'm fine with that...it's really not that many that can't truly afford one (but I also call BS on them not having an ID that would suffice since I'm almost positive they're getting gov't assistance...).

Hell...GA went around with a bus when they instituted their voter ID law. They expected to have thousands come out and get the IDs since there was such an outcry about it. They had a couple hundred....

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

When all the meds, botox, and shit doesn't knock out the migraine she has gone to the ER for some kinda shot, I can't remember what it is but they will not give it to her until she has someone waiting to take her home, they don't want her to drive after getting the shot. And it's usually surrounded by 20-30 hours in the bed knocked out until the pain is gone, only interruption being to vomit and cold showers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they won't let her drive herself, I'd guess its that's because it's a narcotic, IME. There are DUI liability concerns attached at that point. The vomit and cold showers is because she isn't a regular user. Or I don't know what I'm talking about. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Good one.

But beware offending a Protected Species ®
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Go all the way OP.  Print this, show lib, ask if he is racist.
http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag167/jeffro556/registerandvote_zps1f8a8a9b.jpg
View Quote

Holy creamed chipped dogshit on toast, I fucking lost it. Well played, sir. Right click, save as.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Well done.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I know here in PA they're free. In the same building as the wlefsre office in Pittsburgh.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#50]
How do you know what the patient is in for? How are you privileged to individual patients illnesses or reason for being there?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top