Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/3/2015 10:10:13 AM EDT
So first, somebackground.

My northeast state instituted a voter ID law a couple years back. For the first few years, it's very loose (you can use your electric bill currently, I think), but it eventually tightens to .gov issued picture ID only.

I currently work hospital security. When its busy, everybody's working their asses off. When its slow, everybody just kinda hangs around bullshitting, and last night it was SLOW. I'm talking one ER patient with a migraine slow. Who the fuck goes to the ER for a migraine, btw?

One of the gypsy nurses, from some liberal shithole, starts going on and on about how voter ID is racist, thisist, thatist, the usual bullshit. So I look very calmly at her and ask reasonably...

Me: Wait, how exactly is voter ID racist? Shit, I had to show ID to buy pipe cleaners because they're considered tobacco products.

Her: (condescending tone) Well, a lot of black people don't have driver's licenses.

Me: Really? Why not? DMV's got office right in town hall. And this state is tiny, you're almost never more than 10 miles from a branch!

Her: (sadly) See, most black people are socio-economically blah blah blah SJW bullshit, they just can't afford it.

Me: (incredulous) So you're telling me most black people are driving around without licenses?!

Her: (nodding) They do what they have to do.

I stop and consider this for a couple seconds, then...

Me: Well no wonder they're always getting pulled over then!

The whole nurses' station, male, female, black, white, fucking ERUPTS in laughter. Gypsy nurse turns red as a beat, announces she's taking her break, and starts marching righteously towards the lounge.

As she goes, I flip on this app on my phone that flashes like a light bar and plays various police sirens and hold it in her direction. Everybody is now losing their shit. One young CNA gasps, "I think I'm going pee myself". You can even hear the migraine guy laughing from his room.

I know CSB. But it was pretty fucking funny!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#2]
In before HR complaint
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Great fast thinking
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#5]
applause.gif
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you find a new job yet?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess you had to be there.
View Quote

Ok that actually made me laugh.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I really hope the unemployment office isn't that far away or closer than the DMV as you might find yourself there when HR was through with you.

You basically made comments and chased a black co-worker with sirens.... it's going to be a goldmine for an HR rep looking to justify their employment.

You should have just said ID's are free and provided by the state.  They don't have to drive to get an ID.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#9]
A drivers license isn't even the issue.  You should be able to get a state ID card for free.

And if you can afford to operate a car, you can afford a drivers license.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My northeast state instituted a voter ID law a couple years back. For the first few years, it's very loose (you can use your electric bill currently, I think), but it eventually tightens to .gov issued picture ID only.

I currently work hospital security. When its busy, everybody's working their asses off. When its slow, everybody just kinda hangs around bullshitting, and last night it was SLOW. I'm talking one ER patient with a migraine slow. Who the fuck goes to the ER for a migraine, btw?

One of the gypsy nurses, from some liberal shithole, starts going on and on about how voter ID is racist, thisist, thatist, the usual bullshit. So I look very calmly at her and ask reasonably...

Me: Wait, how exactly is voter ID racist? Shit, I had to show ID to buy pipe cleaners because they're considered tobacco products.

Her: (condescending tone) Well, a lot of black people don't have driver's licenses.

Me: Really? Why not? DMV's got office right in town hall. And this state is tiny, you're almost never more than 10 miles from a branch!

Her: (sadly) See, most black people are socio-economically blah blah blah SJW bullshit, they just can't afford it.

Me: (incredulous) So you're telling me most black people are driving around without licenses?!

The whole nurses' station, male, female, black, white, fucking ERUPTS in laughter. Gypsy nurse turns red as a beat, announces she's taking her break, and starts marching righteously towards the lounge.

As she goes, I flip on this app on my phone that flashes like a light bar and plays various police sirens and hold it in her direction. Everybody is now losing their shit. One young CNA gasps, "I think I'm going pee myself". You can even hear the migraine guy laughing from his room.

View Quote

You should know that a Migraine is capable of many things including emulating stroke symptoms and appearing like a full on stroke.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You can even hear the migraine guy laughing from his room.

View Quote
That's where I lost it.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Around here the BMV will give you a State ID, not a driver's license, if you have no need for, or cannot acquire a driver's license.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I know many states made the ID free.  I would have said "they are so poor they can't afford a free ID?"

And who's racist?  You for wanting a voter ID law or the nurse for thinking that The only poor people are black?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#16]
While that outcome was damn funny...

I like the "turn the racist card around on them" by replying "your position is actually the racist one - assuming that blacks and minorities are just too stupid to figure out how to get ID!"
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Religion and politics.  I know they have something in common about being discussed.......

Enjoy the HR meetings.  They usually have an awesome sense of humor in complaints like this.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did you find a new job yet?
View Quote

This.

HR would like to see you during your next shift.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I really hope the unemployment office isn't that far away or closer than the DMV as you might find yourself there when HR was through with you.

You basically made comments and chased a black co-worker with sirens.... it's going to be a goldmine for an HR rep looking to justify their employment.

You should have just said ID's are free and provided by the state.  They don't have to drive to get an ID.
View Quote

This. It was funny as hell, but I'd give 75%+ chance of you getting shit canned.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Gypsies become nurses? I thought they just did bad driveway resurfacing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#22]
10 out of fucking 10

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#23]
OP- If you dodge a bullet and don't get reprimanded or at worse, fired over this, just remember no truer words were ever spoken....

Never discuss politics or religion at work  (or at the supper table)
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Aaaannnndddd he's gone.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Hope your resume is up to date
I see a job change in your future

Come on down. We could use you here

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Great job.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#27]
You'll probably need to show a .gov issued photo ID at the unemployment office.  

OP, I doubt anything will come of it, but just remember, SHE is the one that started the whole debate.  You didn't bring up the topic, she did.  
So...if you stating your opinion on the matter is "wrong" and "racist" and made her uncomfortable, then her stance applies also.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#28]
I laughed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#29]

I would go her one better, and tell her that regardless of color, red, yellow, black, white, pink, green, you should have to some skin in the game before you get to exercise the privilege of voting.

By "skin" I mean that you are a net payer into the system, and not a net recipient.

W2, or 1099, showing net taxes paid, and proof of citizenship; step right up and punch your ballot.  Welfare, WIC, delinquent taxes, etc.; not this time around, sir.

Pipe dream, I know.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#30]
id be happy if they required a state id card to vote... and they gave them away for free..... im sick of all this bullshit that requiring id is a undue burdon on your right to vote... but the second amendment requires id, back ground checks, permits, waiting periods and much more, and thats fine.

the ONLY reason people are fighting id to vote, is because theres fucking MASSIVE fraud going on.  if a right is important to someone, they will find a way to get a id, and get their ass to a polling station... a 5 year old kid could stand outside walmart and panhandle enough money in a couple hours to get the cash to pay for a drivers license / id, and cab fare to get to the polling station.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#31]
I have done similar many times.  Great keeping on your toes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#32]

What was the story like the next day that the nurse was telling coworkers who were not present?

You is so racist.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#33]
The racist nature of her comments about black
people  not having a license was disturbing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Just some friendly and albeit unsolicited advice, while your story is funny (like, sitcom funny), if you ever wonder why your just a few-bucks-an-hour security guard and not earning a nice income working a professional-level job, rethink that interaction. Here is a hint, it isn't how professionals conduct themselves in the workplace. If your just some teen or early twenty-something kid, then use it as a lesson-learned.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
View Quote

It's coming.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Gypsies become nurses? I thought they just did bad driveway resurfacing.
View Quote
Or tarot card readings...

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hope your resume is up to date
I see a job change in your future

Come on down. We could use you here

View Quote

Hang on now, he might not speak Spanish.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#38]
CSB, my wife has been to the ER for bad migraines. They are very stingy with the good meds here and if it's really bad the ER is the only remedy.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
View Quote

LOL, nope. She's a traveling nurse (gypsy), basically a contractor. She doesn't get to complain to HR. And her contract is up in less than three weeks. I ain't skerred.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Don't know what a driver's license cost but it can't be more than a single tank of gas ... or a month of car insurance.
View Quote

Or a bag of weed, or a couple 40's.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

LOL, nope. She's a traveling nurse (gypsy), basically a contractor. She doesn't get to complain to HR. And her contract is up in less than three weeks. I ain't skerred.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before HR complaint

Good friend of mine does the traveling nurse gig.  I believe OP is right -- she likely doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
View Quote

That's was exactly what I was thinking.

We have some folks at work who are way out in left field.

I won't even engage them in casual conversation because of that, I know once it got political they are going to complain.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh, she's white, guy. Plus, she can't go to HR as a contractor unless her supervisor approves of it. And considering gypsy's supervisor would have had an oxygen tank upside her head 6 months ago when some drunk guy went ape-shit if not for me, yeah, not worried about it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In before HR complaint
View Quote

This. Your Angus...Pepper It.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#45]
I love a story with a happy ending!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A drivers license isn't even the issue.  You should be able to get a state ID card for free.

And if you can afford to operate a car, you can afford a drivers license.
View Quote

This.

I don't remember how much it was to initially get my license, but it cost less than a tank of gas to renew my license
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You should know that a Migraine is capable of many things including emulating stroke symptoms and appearing like a full on stroke.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We evac stroke patients to a larger hospital, which has resources we don't. Guy came back clean on both his stroke symptoms and head CT. The "stroke joke" was referring to the butthurt nurse, not the patient. If we had an actual stroke case, or even a TIA, people would be moving, not shining seats with their asses.

Now go sit in the corner.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#48]

May I recommend some reading for your (remaining) lunch breaks?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Well played good sir.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
While that outcome was damn funny...

I like the "turn the racist card around on them" by replying "your position is actually the racist one - assuming that blacks and minorities are just too stupid to figure out how to get ID!"
View Quote

Yeah, but that's not as funny!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top