[#1]
No words.  Just .
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for your lost.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats terrible man, sorry to hear it.

Dont be afraid to seek professional help if anyone needs it. Losing a child (Or grand child) is incredibly life changing, some never really get over it. The grieving process is long and healing is slow. Theres no shame is needing to talk to someone, whether it be online friends or a professional.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The little guy will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sweet Jesus, I'm sorry OP
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#5]
That's terrible... I'm sorry for your loss. If you believe in God, I believe all children at that age go to heaven. God wouldn't forsake something so innocent and pure.

As far as your deployed son, most commands are very accommodating if the service member receives a Red Cross message. I've never done one or received one, so I don't know the process. But I found some info on it:

Red Cross Emergency Communication Services
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#6]
My condolences to you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Very sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's my biggest nightmare.   I am so sorry.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#9]
AMCROSS was initiated by me almost immediately, also contacted parent command; they have been phenomenal.

Note my avatar, son followed my career field. Those who have done this know.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#10]
That's crazy. I have a 3 year old
Also, I need to not look in GD when I'm having a good morning.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Terrible. Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
AMCROSS was initiated by me almost immediately, also contacted parent command; they have been phenomenal.

View Quote

so take the nuke out, strap his ass in and push the red button

tried to make you chuckle a little
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Prayers for your son and family.  A life changing event.  I pray that love and endurance prevail.

Patrick
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for your loss.  That is my worst nightmare being a new dad.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

So when someone in a sub or on a ship (not a carrier) needs to hot shot it home, how does it (usually) work?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#16]
My condolences to you, and your family. Prayer said.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#17]
what a horrendous ordeal for you and your family.

I am so, so sorry.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#18]
So very sorry for your loss OP.  Prayers sent for you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#19]
No parent should ever have to bury a child, it's my only wish in life!!  God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I am so sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I am very sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#22]
so very sorry
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Very sorry for your loss.
View Quote

Very true
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn. My condolences for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#25]
So sad to hear that. Thoughts and prayers sent.  My little girl is 11 months now but I've always worried about SIDS.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#26]
My condolences for your loss.  Prayer offered for your family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So when someone in a sub or on a ship (not a carrier) needs to hot shot it home, how does it (usually) work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't get hot shot; just a crappy part of the mission
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#28]
So sorry Panzer, I can't even imagine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prayers sent for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Healthy, happy 3.5 month old. Was napping, when checked on was not breathing. DIL was out here visiting with the kids for the summer and over her girlfriend's house.

What makes this especially hard is that my son is deployed and can not be here when his son is laid to rest; as a Dad that part of this ordeal is killing part of my soul.
View Quote

Red Cross message, yesterday. They will bring him home for the funeral and family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Absolutely devastating and my sincere condolences.

Red Cross notification to his CO should be able to get him home on the next thing smoking?

Father should be there to comfort his wife and mother of their child regardless of duty post.
View Quote

OP, get in touch with the red cross, my daughter did that when I was involved in bad wreck a few years back...they were able to have the base commander get my son and have him contact us with in a couple of hours..all they need is his full name, and where he is stationed....they can get him back asap on emergency leave.. I told my son he didn't need to come home asap, but they were ready to get his straight to a plane...

ETA..Just read you already tried OP....All I can do is extend my thoughts and prayers for your family.....Is there anything anyone here can do to help you?I don't have much but am happy to help anyway I can...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't cuss a whole lot, but I'll fire off a few for you this afternoon.  It's all I got - but they'll be good 'uns.  And they'll be sincere.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've known a few nuke boaters, but this issue never came up in conversation.  Is this something that is not going to be broke to your son until he returns to port or are they going to tell him while underway and hope he doesn't go berserk on the boat and have to be kept sedated until the deployment is over?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

OP, get in touch with the red cross, my daughter did that when I was involved in bad wreck a few years back...they were able to have the base commander get my son and have him contact us with in a couple of hours..all they need is his full name, and where he is stationed....they can get him back asap on emergency leave.. I told my son he didn't need to come home asap, but they were ready to get his straight to a plane...

ETA..Just read you already tried OP....All I can do is extend my thoughts and prayers for your family.....Is there anything anyone here can do to help you?I don't have much but am happy to help anyway I can...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely devastating and my sincere condolences.

Red Cross notification to his CO should be able to get him home on the next thing smoking?

Father should be there to comfort his wife and mother of their child regardless of duty post.

I initiated an AMCROSS and made contact wit the parent command while we were still at the hospital.

Mission makes it difficult

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Heartbreaking

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#36]
The worst news to hear and gut wrenching to deal with. Virtual hugs to your family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

That's my biggest nightmare.   I am so sorry.

View Quote

This.

I check my two boys constantly.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No words.  Just .
View Quote

Same here.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#40]
sorry for your loss.  Nothing scares me more than the thought of losing one of our boys.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#41]
My deepest condolences OP.  

Your family will be in my prayers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#42]
His dad can't even come home for his sons funeral?! Wtf?!  I can't even imagine...I'm sorry for you're family

Edited after realizing what son does. I'm sick to my stomach for him. I'm really sorry
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Condolences
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I've got a 4 month old and this is my biggest fear. Scares the shit out of me especially because he likes to roll on his belly when he sleeps. You have my prayers, this is awful I am so sorry.
View Quote
Mines 18 weeks.  Its always on my mind.

Im sorry to hear that OP.  I cant imagine
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've got a 4 month old and this is my biggest fear. Scares the shit out of me especially because he likes to roll on his belly when he sleeps. You have my prayers, this is awful I am so sorry.
View Quote

I'm terribly sorry for your loss OP.  The father should be able to get emergency leave.  If he's denied that, the Chain of Command is doing something seriously wrong, violating regulations left and right.

We used the inclined Baby Bouncer with pelvic harness for our girls, sleeping right next to our bed so we could monitor breathing.  There is no way they can roll over in them, and tendency for aspiration is significantly reduced.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#47]

As a father and grandfather myself, my heart breaks for your families loss.
I can only offer my prayers in this most difficult time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#48]
You have my deepest condolences. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Very sorry to hear OP.  

I have a two-week old at home and this is my biggest fear right now.  

Prayers out to you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
As a somewhat "new" father (2 yr old), I find this heart wrenching.  Prayers sent.
What a terrible loss.  I've heard of this happening and I can't reasonably imagine the pain it must cause.

If it's any consolation--God called that child back.  We can make feeble attempts to understand why, but just trust in the Lord and know that there must have been a good reason.
View Quote

This was very hard for me to read. It really touches a nerve. Im very sorry for the loss OP, know that your grandson feels your love still and always will.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top