BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 8/2/2015 10:54:55 PM EDT
Happened about 1:30am this morning...  

Long and skinny:

Nephew is dating a girl with young child, recently divorced,  Ex husband finds out where nephew lives, and kicks in the back door at 130 am this morning.  Nephew has his pistol in hand, sees it's the ex.  He puts gun down to beat the shit out of ex (Stupid as hell... I know).  Ex then produces his gun and shoots my nephew three times.  Once in upper bicep, once in the right side of ribcage, and once in the temple, which luckily grazed his temple, parting his hair and causing numerous stitches above his ear.  Broke three ribs and collapsed his lung.  He returned fire and the ex (turned and ran),  The girlfriend grabbed the little one and ran out the door looking for help, as to which the ex shot at her twice, luckily missing her and the baby.  Perp is still at large, as he lit out of the apt complex, and has not been seen since.  Threatened other police officers who attempted to contact him and asked him to turn his self in, and not make matters worse.  

Nephew is lucky to be alive at the moment, and he realizes that he should have shot as soon as the ex kicked the back door in, but did not want to leave the child without a father.

Moral of the story...  A restraining order doesn't mean shit, and if someone kicks your door in at 130, shoot first and ask questions later.

Nice way to start a Sunday...

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad he's going to be ok.

Have a talk with him about putting guns down when they should be leveled and readied for use.

Also teach him the laws in your area and how to know if he's legal to fire or not.  Then get him to decide his lines (decision points) of when to fire before he's in a bad spot.

I'm wiling to bet hes willing to listen.

He also needs to ditch the divorcee.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
double tap
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]
In.  Hope your nephew recovers fully OP.  What a fucking day...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:58:37 PM EDT
[#6]
[please no attacks on family members]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Another lesson is don't date women who are recently divorced.  Give them a year to work out issues.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another lesson is don't date women who are recently divorced.  Give them a year to work out issues.
View Quote

Absolutely this
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, glad he made it out of that alive.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn
View Quote

Pretty much sums it up

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:02:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Moral of the story, don't be an idiot like your nephew.

What a dumbass!

File under too stupid to live, but lucky.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What a dumbass!

View Quote

In.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#13]
He went full retard & dropped his weapon?

Never go full retard when an Ex just busted in the door.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy shit. I hope your nephew makes a full recovery, and understands how Stand Your Ground laws work.

We don't have that in Iowa, but where I'm from in Kansas, they do. I don't fucking care about the laws in Iowa, you break in, you're getting shot.

It's too difficult to corral 2 dogs going apeshit at an intruder to flee, so I'm stuck there with the dogs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn. Glad they're ok. Hope he heals up quickly, and completely.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn. Glad they're ok. Hope he heals up quickly, and completely.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#17]
That's some shit

hope he recovers

Hope the cops kill the jackass

Hope he doesn't try to play mano el mano again
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy shit
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#19]
yeah, he knows he was an idiot.  He knows how to handle himself, and he admits a momentary lapse of reason.  He had reason to not want to shoot the perp, as he didn't want the baby to be without her father.  

I told him to go buy some lottery tickets, as he just hit the life lotto...

also, I got to see what FMJ .40 cal does up close and personal.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Moral of the story...  A restraining order doesn't mean shit
View Quote

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/04-278.ZS.html

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
TOWN OF CASTLE ROCK, COLORADO v. GONZALES, individually and a next best friend of her deceased minor children, GONZALES et al.
CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE TENTH CIRCUIT
No. 04—278.Argued March 21, 2005–Decided June 27, 2005

Respondent filed this suit under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 alleging that petitioner violated the Fourteenth Amendment’s Due Process Clause when its police officers, acting pursuant to official policy or custom, failed to respond to her repeated reports over several hours that her estranged husband had taken their three children in violation of her restraining order against him. Ultimately, the husband murdered the children. The District Court granted the town’s motion to dismiss, but an en banc majority of the Tenth Circuit reversed, finding that respondent had alleged a cognizable procedural due process claim because a Colorado statute established the state legislature’s clear intent to require police to enforce retraining orders, and thus its intent that the order’s recipient have an entitlement to its enforcement. The court therefore ruled, among other things, that respondent had a protected property interest in the enforcement of her restraining order.

Held: Respondent did not, for Due Process Clause purposes, have a property interest in police enforcement of the restraining order against her husband. Pp. 6—19.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
yeah, he knows he was an idiot.  He knows how to handle himself, and he admits a momentary lapse of reason.  He had reason to not want to shoot the perp, as he didn't want the baby to be without her father.  

I told him to go buy some lottery tickets, as he just hit the life lotto...

also, I got to see what FMJ .40 cal does up close and personal.

View Quote

Not as much as .40 hollowpoint would.

Any pics you'll share of wounds?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#23]
What caliber did the ex use on your nephew?

Nevermind, saw it
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Well at least her friends can't question his commitment to her.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone breaking into my house, for any reason, I shoot until slide lock.

SANTA CLAUS? BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG

The pope? BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG

Jesus Christ? Yup. BANG, BANG, BANG

Easter bunny, sweet old lady from across the street, drunk hottie college co-ed?

Unless I invited you in, ANYONE in my dwelling without my permission will have a fuck-ton in common with swiss cheese.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nevermind, saw it
View Quote

I'm going with 380 ball.

Damn, glad it wasn't 9MM.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:08:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Your nephew probably realizes his near fatal mistake and will probably never be so foolish again.
Glad he lived through the ordeal.
Damn!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nevermind, saw it
View Quote

The perp has a .40 caliber handgun.  Make and model  not known.  Nephew had his .357 magnum at hand.  Six shots fired from perps gun, two from nephew's gun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Moral of the story... A restraining order doesn't mean shit, and if someone kicks your door in at 130, shoot first and ask questions later.
View Quote

The real lesson to be learned here is not to get involved with recent divorcees, especially ones with young children and the fathers still in the picture.

Your nephew is, indeed, very lucky to be alive.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#32]
tagging this one
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Repeated the best advice in the thread again for any young guys chasing tail out there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What a dumbass!

View Quote

Classy. It's so easy to armchair quarterback something that happened to someone else. Were mistakes made? Yes. But the child and mother are alive and well because the OP's nephew took a stand for them, so good for him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Never fight fair, too easy to lose that way.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Lost the gun fight but luckily didn't lose his life.

Hopefully he won't be staying alone/only with his gf and her child when he gets out of the hospital.  He will be on pain meds a while and not very alert.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In.  Hope your nephew recovers fully OP.  What a fucking day...
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Fuck with a mans dog or wife (current or recently divorced) and you're in for some pain.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The real lesson to be learned here is not to get involved with recent divorcees, especially ones with young children and the fathers still in the picture.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Moral of the story... A restraining order doesn't mean shit, and if someone kicks your door in at 130, shoot first and ask questions later.

I can personally attest to this.
In 1985 it almost cost me my life.
Luckily I did not put down the Remington 700.
And no I did not have to shoot the crazy fucker.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Hopefully he won't be staying alone/only with his gf and her child when he gets out of the hospital.  He will be on pain meds a while and not very alert.
View Quote

Detectives working the case want him to stay with family, as well as the GF and child to stay with family, as the perp is still at large.  Hopefully he will get caught before they release nephew.  He will probably be in there a while though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#43]
All kinds of fucked. Why'd she run out the door the crazy guy with the gun just went through?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow thank god he is alive.  Lesson learned I'm sure!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or five.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Detectives working the case want him to stay with family, as well as the GF and child to stay with family, as the perp is still at large.  Hopefully he will get caught before they release nephew.  He will probably be in there a while though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Hopefully this scumfuck is caught PDQ.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't want to dog pile on the OP's nephew here. I genuinely hope he recovers fully and quickly.

But, how recently divorced are they that she has already moved in with your nephew? Were they divorced before nephew/woman began dating? living together? Nothing really justifies trying to kill 3 people, but questionable decisions usually produce questionable results.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Is that right?

Well, If all that's true, he's one lucky fool.

As our culture shifts to this mixed family trend, I hope that young men are paying attention to the dangers of taking in a divorced woman with kids.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#49]
WOW!!!!!

Glad they are ok!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
All kinds of fucked. Why'd she run out the door the crazy guy with the gun just went through?
View Quote

Nope.  He kicked in the rear door, she exited the front with child while he and my nephew were going at it.  Neighbors were outside, and she ran straight to them, and they rushed her into their apt and barricaded the door with him in pursuit.  I guess he didnt want to chance the neighbor's door, as he ran to his car and fled the scene.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top