Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm OK with trophy hunting going the way of the dodobird
View Quote

Trophy hunters contribute more to the conservation of game animals that people like you will ever consider.
The people screaming "save the lions" will NEVER see one in the wild and most will NEVER contribute one red cent to their preservation.
Without trophy hunting a lot of game animals would be in serious jeopardy of becoming endangered and possibly extinct.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yes it would be the lion, which if had not been Cecil, would have been legal to take.
Thats what rich dentists do, they pay people obscene amounts of money to make sure they are within the letter of the law.
Yes, Cecil was lured out of the park.  You use bait to hunt large predatory animals in Africa.  Are you purposefully being obtuse or do you need me to add a few more stairs to your internet soap box?
View Quote

So how can you say that numbers of lions need to be culled when the overall lion population is in decline?
The issue with Cecil is that they baited him to get him out of the safe area they couldn't get him in.
Then they shot him with some sort of bow contrary to rules and then stalked him to finally finish him off.
The way the hunt is being portrayed there were issues with its legality that has nothing to do with me being on a soapbox
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

End plate thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to end plate thread?

End plate thread

I feel dumber having read that thread.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glad to know you're happy to have African big game species eradicated.

I don't trophy hunt anything but the money the hunters pay goes directly to conservation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Boom!  Awesome point.

Quoted:
wait.

i thought the second amendment was for hunting?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Nothing will render African game extinct faster than a complete ban on hunting. In most of those countries, it is ridiculously expensive safaris, attracting ultra rich Americans and Europeans, that finance conservation efforts. If you ban hunting, those species cease to be a valuable resource and are now only pests. Much like wolves and mountain lions in the Eastern US, they will be wiped out.

ETA: I have no desire to hunt African game, but I do like hunting North American game. A guided mountain lion hunt is on my bucket list. I saw one up close and personal the one fucking time I didn't buy a mountain lion tag during a javalina hunt.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, I agree. Human needs are far more important than the needs of a bunch of animals who should just go extinct and get it over with. See, wildlife is protected in those countries because rich first world assholes will pay big dollars to go pretend to be the great white hunter and kill a lion or an elephant.

Take that away and African nations would have little incentive put up with animals like lions. I mean, would you put up with having lions living in your neighborhood? How about after they ate one of your kids and killed the mailman? Think you would feel all that friendly toward elephants if they destroyed your house, crushed your car, and trampled your mother to death? When some elephant herd trashes some African farmer’s fields he doesn’t call Allstate with a good story, he realizes he is going to watch his family starve to death.

Africa sort of sucks like that and a big part of the reason living there sucks is all the wildlife. Managed hunting gives that wildlife enough of an economic value that the locals will protect it instead of exterminate it.

But this will not lead to long term economic growth. So, get rid of all that trophy hunting and the locals can go ahead and exterminate every one of those worthless lions, elephants, hippos, rhinos, crocodiles, hyenas, and everything else over there which is harmful. Then they can turn all that land into farms and start to develop themselves out of the early iron age.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So where is the dems outrage on planned parenthood selling baby parts ?
View Quote
Thats a great question. ... but in the libral mind they aren't babies... they are lumps of tissue.  Problem is they sure look like humans when they are ripped from the womb..

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck PETA. Fuck the hunting apex predators makes you a serial killer crowd. Fuck Cecil. Fucking animal rights fucks. Can't get off your granola eating asses when it comes to our rights but for some reason a dead Fucking lion in some shithole country binds your thong. You are what's wrong with our great country. Fucking hippies.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck'em, let it end.  If Americans don't pay $50k a pop to harvest their natural resources, they won't have the capitol to continue to employ all those wardens who patrol to prevent their native people from poaching the same animals to extinction.  

Problem solved.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Sean Whalen explains the Cecil the Lion debacle straight up.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Where is this dentists office at in MN? I need to get the wife and kids into one before school starts. If he isn't too far into MN I'll take the family.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Animal right fucks are among the craziest SOBs on the planet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Even when that means people paying $50-100,000 to take out animals which need to be culled from the gene pool?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even when that means people paying $50-100,000 to take out animals which need to be culled from the gene pool?

"A healthy (animal) population, is a huntable animal population."
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuck PETA. Fuck the hunting apex predators makes you a serial killer crowd. Fuck Cecil. Fucking animal rights fucks. Can't get off your granola eating asses when it comes to our rights but for some reason a dead Fucking lion in some shithole country binds your thong. You are what's wrong with our great country. Fucking hippies.
View Quote

What makes them so bad is not just their opinions, but the total lack of any ability to agree to disagree. They want to ruin the lives of those with whom they disagree. They feel proud that the dentist's wife and children are now in hiding. Not that the vast majority of them have the balls to do anything to him, but they are glad they have inspired others to go after his family.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What the fuck is "eco-tourism"?  For some reason, I have a hard time believing that it brings in more cash than trophy hunters do.
View Quote

Wanna see liberal heads explode? Point out to the that most of the dollars spent on conservation worldwide come directly from hunters and fishermen. Then watch them stammer trying to refute you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#17]
So I go to Cabelas and the walls will be filled with stuffed animals?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#19]
That's because Palmer is not so different from thousands of other wealthy trophy hunters in the US and throughout the world, who hopscotch all over the earth in luxury and comfort to kill the largest "specimens" of the rarest mammals. Baiting, jacklighting, shooting in parks or fenced areas, with guides even drugging animals to allow these aging men to shoot these magnificent creatures, are all par for the course. That's their hobby, albeit a warped, selfish, and inhumane one. It's going on every day in the remote reaches of the globe, enabled by professional guides and wildlife officials who are at least complicit if not directly on the take from rich people with a mania for killing the most beautiful creatures in the world.
View Quote

If it's legal in Zimbabwe, fuck off.  Their country, their rules.

If you hate wealth, just say so.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Tagged ... for the end.
View Quote
This thread needs more obr leaning on a dead lion.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.talkvietnam.com/files/2014/02/1447480-images988676-images984874-img-0011-1.jpg

Lol I love the pic.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#22]
S
Quoted:
Food only comments are the code words of people looking to ban hunting, anyone who really ever has hunted knows no one is eating coyotes, other varmints, prairie dogs etc, doubt many squirrels end up in stew pots either.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are just pissed because you broke your ar and can't shoot a lion with it.  

No, I actually think killing any animal for sport is stupid.  

Food only.

Food only comments are the code words of people looking to ban hunting, anyone who really ever has hunted knows no one is eating coyotes, other varmints, prairie dogs etc, doubt many squirrels end up in stew pots either.  

You have to learn just when to stop talking, you were going good till you got to squirrels. Squirrels actually are very tasty and "squirrel and dumpling" is a fantastic dinner.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Liberals  will have to give up abortion before I give up hunting
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Christ, the guy paid over $50,000 to hunt there. That's probably like infinity Zimbabwe dollars.
He may have fucked up, but let's not destroy a major economic venue there.
View Quote

Exactly. Morons. Those hunts PAID for the wildlife refuge. Although knowing congress, we'll just give them the money for it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Trophy hunters contribute more to the conservation of game animals that people like you will ever consider.
The people screaming "save the lions" will NEVER see one in the wild and most will NEVER contribute one red cent to their preservation.
Without trophy hunting a lot of game animals would be in serious jeopardy of becoming endangered and possibly extinct.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT

People spew the same bullshit about saving whitetail deer, all the while they don't understand a fucking thing about management or conservation vs. natural selection.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#26]
"Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, and other nations are showing the way."

Kenya's animal population has taken a serious nosedive ever since hunting was banned.  They've lost as much as 70% of their animal population.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Christ, the guy paid over $50,000 to hunt there. That's probably like infinity Zimbabwe dollars.
View Quote

The destruction of Africa has yet to begin in ernest...The world will not rest until Africa is nothing more that a lanced boil on the asshole of a doomed planet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

haha really! thats prob lots  of zimbabwe monies
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Run along, honey.  Adults are talking.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#30]
The president supports the constitutional right to hunting and sportshooting.  stand down red alert.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Gay thread?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't trophy hunt anything but the money the hunters pay goes directly to conservation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is possibly mostly wrong.  I bet much of it goes to "profit" for the guides leading the hunt.

Even if you want to use the "conservation" angle, which I question, it is likely that far more funding for "conservation" comes from the people who want to see those animals alive.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

No it won't.

Retards are retarded.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Let's outlaw the legal hunting of African game so the natives slaughter every last animal to grind up into dick pills for the Chinese.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#35]
while everyone is getting stressed over the dentist and the lion, gangs of black poachers have been roaming Africa for decades killing protected and endangered species for decades. What's up with that?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#36]
#zebralivesmatter

Thats all I got on this
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
while everyone is getting stressed over the dentist and the lion, gangs of black poachers have been roaming Africa for decades killing protected and endangered species for decades. What's up with that?
View Quote

It wasn't done by "A rich WHITE dentist".  How is this confusing you?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
Post count - Check.

Join date - Check.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
do you understand that for ever animal killed, a huge amount of money is paid, which funds true conservation programs?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That is possibly mostly wrong.  I bet much of it goes to "profit" for the guides leading the hunt.

Even if you want to use the "conservation" angle, which I question, it is likely that far more funding for "conservation" comes from the people who want to see those animals alive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your asinine assertions that are contrary to the facts have been noted.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you go too?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Hunting 2 legged predators is where it's at.

Check with CIA, OR US MILITARY
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From my experience you are wrong.
My "guide" or PH makes $45.00 US a day along with food and board while working. He relies on the gratuity from me at the end of the hunt. Most do it because they love the work and grew up doing it. My PH can only afford to do it part-time and has another job in the logistics field. He is ex-SADF special forces and has spent most of his life in the bush.

The conservancy I hunted on employs, feeds a whole community. The trackers, skinners, recovery personnel, their wives, kids, fathers mother all work and/or live at the conservancy. They are provided housing, medical care and food among many other things. They have a very elaborate breeding program.

These guys grew up here and know EVERY animal in this 75000 acre conservancy.

Tracking, recovery team.

The animals harvested go to feed the community and anything left is sold (usually dried into biltong or jerky) with the proceeds going to the kids schools.

Various businesses in the area benefit as well. Local veterinarians are on contract, they hire security contractors that specialize in counter-poaching. The taxidermists who prepare and ship the trophies. The local outfitters and suppliers for the lodge. Construction personnel who take care of the fencing and lodges.

I choose not to hunt anything other than plains game. No cats, elephants, rhinos, giraffes, etc. But thats just me.

Each animal harvested, (yes harvested is a proper term, this is a farm) is carefully chosen and taken before it suffers and perishes because of any number of factors including age, sickness or parasites.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Aren't you the guy that was utterly defeated by an end plate on your rifle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't you the guy that was utterly defeated by an end plate on your rifle?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

So your OK with those game animals going the way of the dodobird, because happy thoughts and episodes of National Geographic don't pay for the game wardens to keep poachers and locals from killing the animals?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

L oh fucking L!!!

Someday I will eat fresh zebra heart while sitting on my kudu skin chair while watching topless African woman dance in the firelight.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm fine with trophy hunting as long as it's well managed.  When it's not, we risk disasters, species driven to extinction and other species over populating and dying of starvation.

While hunting in the US is, for the most part, well managed, which of us can say that's always the case in other countries, specially African countries where nothing seems to be well managed?

Not that it's any of our business if it is or not, but we seem to want to stick our noses in all their other businesses, why not this one too?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

#zebralivesmatter

Thats all I got on this
View Quote
I agree.

It took me most of the day to get this guy in position!

This old stallion was the stud of his herd. I watched him fight 3 other, younger stallions challenging him for control of the herd. He ran about 60 yards before he piled after I stuck him.

Hid hooves were in bad shape, his teeth were worn down badly and parasites were beginning to take hold. My PH gave him maybe one more season to live and he was on the verge of losing his herd.

It was my honor to take him at the top of his game.

Yes, his tenderloin was delicious.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Is it only trophy hunting if you shoot them?

Because I once killed a tiger, but that was with syphilis.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I am not sure if Zimbabwe has a law against animal waist but they should, its common for the African game hunter to provide hundreds of meals to local tribes and people with a single kill
animal skins and other useful stuff for people living a tribal life style, its not exactly poor African kids dying in filth like you see in "Save the poor children of Africa" commericals
the icing on the cake is, he gets a trophy

No different than dear hunting, we hunt for meat, and we get a keep sake to remember it

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not sure if Zimbabwe has a law against animal waist but they should, its common for the African game hunter to provide hundreds of meals to local tribes and people with a single kill
animal skins and other useful stuff for people living a tribal life style, its not exactly poor African kids dying in filth like you see in "Save the poor children of Africa" commericals
the icing on the cake is, he gets a trophy

No different than dear hunting, we hunt for meat, and we get a keep sake to remember it

animal waist? Fat animals?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top