BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, its a triangle bug.

You might as well burn down your house now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

how'd you get rid of them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
house centipede

FPNI

My old house had these creepy crawlers.  Super fast.  Supposed to hunt and kill spiders.  Also heard they are venomous and can sting you.  I issued kill on sight orders.  The cats used to chase them.

They need moist environments or they dry out and die. After I started using a dehumidifier in the basement i started seeing less of them. Next, eliminate their food. They're coming in because there is prey to hunt. I spray along my foundation to help keep ants out (probably keeps the centipedes out as well). Next you could seal up any cracks in the foundation that may be letting them in.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]

From the potato pic, I think it's an '81 Super Beetle.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They need moist environments or they dry out and die. After I started using a dehumidifier in the basement i started seeing less of them. Next, eliminate their food. They're coming in because there is prey to hunt. I spray along my foundation to help keep ants out (probably keeps the centipedes out as well). Next you could seal up any cracks in the foundation that may be letting them in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
house centipede

FPNI

My old house had these creepy crawlers.  Super fast.  Supposed to hunt and kill spiders.  Also heard they are venomous and can sting you.  I issued kill on sight orders.  The cats used to chase them.

I'll try that and see how it works, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#5]
We have a vent fan in the basement so I siliconed the basement window shut. This cut down pretty much all the grass, wolf, and wood louse spiders that we're getting in. We also added a dehumidifier and we don't see them anymore either.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#6]
House centipede
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#7]
House centipede
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:28:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I see them around here from time to time. ...
View Quote

Well, speak of the devil:

I didn't want to wake the neighbors, so I just put him outside instead.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:46:36 AM EDT
[#9]
centipede
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Check your slippers before you put them on in the morning.  I learned the hard way.  Didn't get bit but had the crap scared out of me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/8yiWj5C.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see them around here from time to time. ...

http://i.imgur.com/8yiWj5C.jpg

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top