User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 3:51:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Nascrap is dead
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]

I've never considered VW as a brand to enter Nascar.  I'd have thought Nissan or maybe even BMW or Mercedes before VW would have come to mind.  But that article pretty much reads that nobody is expected to become the fourth brand running in Nascar.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think theyll fit the template
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would they spend the money? Seems like the total opposite of their demographic.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Herbie does Talledega sounds like a movie from the 70's.

Heh
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Interdasting. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Well, I've seen Volkwagen pickup trucks here in Panama...  I guess you never know.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I love my little hot VW GTI.... But nascar it ain't!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]
It it became more STOCK car racing and less template car racing I feel that people might get moderately interested. Not one car on the field looks ANYTHING like the commercial offering. When they were running the Taurus, it was something like 6" longer.

That and get rid of the weak ass "chase for the cup" system they went to.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I had no idea Nissan was owned by Renault.

And I had no idea that the Dodge Ram was just the Ram brand now, everyone still calls them Dodge Rams.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#11]
It might help them. VW has always had a problem with their larger car lines, from the Type 3, Type 4, Dasher, Quantum, Passat. (I won't even mention the Phaeton.) Running an NMS Passat might at least increase model awareness.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#12]

VW is way to Tuetonic much better with a sponsor like Kubota or Subaru.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I won't watch nascar again until there are stock cars racing in the National Association for STOCK CAR AUTO RACING!!!

Stock sheet metal, factory block, add some go fast parts, a roll cage, and safety equipment.

Ohh, and more right turns.

Make more homologation cars.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It might help them. VW has always had a problem with their larger careverything lines, from the Type 3, Type 4, Dasher, Quantum, Passat. (I won't even mention the Phaeton.) Running an NMS Passat might at least increase model awareness.

View Quote

Fixed for accuracy.

Nobody races "stock" cars in Nascar, and most of the fans could give a hot shit about VW.

The only V8 powered "VWs" that I've ever seen are the Toureg/Porsche Cayman SUV's, high end Audi sedans, or the Porsche 928.

The W8 Passat seemed like a neat car, save for it being a VW.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't think theyll fit the template
View Quote

How would they not?  NASCAR doesn't care what Bubba thinks anymore.

Toyota is winning a bunch, and they manufacture Prius's.  Prius'?  Pri-ii?  Anyway, all kinds of non-Bubba models of cars.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I won't watch nascar again until there are stock cars racing in the National Association for STOCK CAR AUTO RACING!!!

Stock sheet metal, factory block, add some go fast parts, a roll cage, and safety equipment.

Ohh, and more right turns.

Make more homologation cars.
View Quote

I watched a little of the race Sunday.
Lots of empty seats!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to burn three hours of my Sundays watching Cup racing
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I remember awhile back Mercedes took a hard look at NASCAR with AMG.  The other teams wanted no part of that and killed it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#19]
They'd be replacing the cv joints every third lap.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Nascrap is dead
View Quote

Yep.  Screw them and their anti-Confederate flag nonsense

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why would they spend the money? Seems like the total opposite of their demographic.
View Quote

This. At least Toyota had some nascar fans that begrudgingly bought their products.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd have to agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top