Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/29/2015 3:24:02 PM EDT

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/yes-white-people-it-is-about-you.html

“Ready to get uncomfortable with us?” asked the official MTV Twitter account on Wednesday, preparing its audience for the documentary White People, which aired that night. In the hour-long special, Pulitzer Prize–winning reporter Jose Antonio Vargas talks to young people — many of them white — about race in America. While white people aren’t the only ones talking, they are involved in every conversation, and each segment has some focus on the white experience of race: a white guy who goes to a historically black college, the white teachers at a school on an Oglala Sioux reservation, white people who feel “attacked” by questions about racism at town-hall discussions in North Carolina and Washington State. It’s a documentary for white people, Vargas acknowledges, and an attempt to get them to reckon with their own racial privilege.

The documentary did make some of its subjects uncomfortable. When presented with evidence that white people are more likely to receive scholarships than people of color, one white student says, “Okay, now I feel like the victim here … I feel like you guys are attacking me now.” Many white people managed to take Vargas’s questions super personally and, at the same time, disassociate themselves from racism. They struggled to understand that white privilege is something that is both bigger than they are and also something they are actively involved in.
View Quote

Jose Antonio Vargas is the professional illegal alien. So why did he move to the land of white privilege?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I must have been vaccinated for white guilt, cause I ain't got none.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I strongly predict that it won't go the way they expect.  The white guilt types are a very small fringe, even among liberals.

ETA: not to mention it is blatant, overt racism.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If that is the question, lets discuss IQ.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]

President Johnson and the majority of the DNC in 1967 were white.

Point proven.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#5]
They are incapable of realizing that white people succeed (scholarships, career potential, economically, politically) because they possess basic motivations lacking within the black culture. White people are taught from their parents on day 1 that hard work pays off. Black people are taught that they are victims and it's not worth trying because the system is slanted against them. Self fulfilling prophecy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Ths show doesn't go far enough:

White People doesn’t push its white interview subjects to this conclusion, and it has drawn some warranted criticism for that. The documentary doesn’t ask white Americans how they “can live with themselves in the current climate of terrorism against black people in a structurally racist system,” as Rebecca Carroll notes in The Guardian.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Less than zero. They wouldn't want me in charge.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think any part of my interview would end up in the documentary.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They are incapable of realizing that white people succeed (scholarships, career potential, economically, politically) because they possess basic motivations lacking within the black culture. White people are taught from their parents on day 1 that hard work pays off. Black people are taught that they are victims and it's not worth trying because the system is slanted against them. Self fulfilling prophecy.
View Quote

+1

They are making themselves slaves and will never get out of slavery because they blame everyone else for their failures.

Look at the Jews after the Holocaust. They picked themselves up and made something of themselves. They didn't blame everyone for the death of millions.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#11]
FPNI
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#12]
All these nut fucks are coming out of the woodwork because they sense they have us on the run.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

It isn't so much black people who are pushing this line, but the left.

The left has been doing its best to throw out reality and rationalize away facts that don't align with their world view.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]
stop it with the fucking white guilt.

im not fucking white and i hate this shit.

there is no freaking reason for white guilt, nor is their such a thing as white privileges.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#15]
lol.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#18]
When presented with evidence that white people are more likely to receive scholarships than people of color,......................
View Quote

It's for their own good. Give them a scholarship and their friends and relatives will just think they're acting white.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
White People doesn’t push its white interview subjects to this conclusion, and it has drawn some warranted criticism for that. The documentary doesn’t ask white Americans how they “can live with themselves in the current climate of terrorism against black people in a structurally racist system,” as Rebecca Carroll notes in The Guardian.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Modern science is a taboo topic among blank-slatist classical liberals. If conventional IQ measures for crystallized intelligence, and other socially significant traits like degrees of emotional perception e.g. empathy or outgroup/ingroup borders are more the effect of nature, mot nurture....then the "it's all culture" excuses for universalism crash down. That hurts American feelings, whether in intra-city leftist zoning disputes or rightist foreign policy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Modern science is a taboo topic among blank-slatist classical liberals. If conventional IQ measures for crystallized intelligence, and other socially significant traits like degrees of emotional perception e.g. empathy or outgroup/ingroup borders are more the effect of nature, mot nurture....then the "it's all culture" excuses for universalism crash down. That hurts American feelings, whether in intra-city leftist zoning disputes or rightist foreign policy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they are not pushing "its all culture". They don't believe Western culture is superior. Their argument is that society has hidden advantages for white people.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1..I have no guilt about anything. Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I think a lot of modern black & white people have no concept of what real racism or terrorism is.

They've lived in a coddled, safely constructed world their entire lives.  If they saw the real, naked aggression and horror that humanity is capable of they would shit their pants.

The more I hear from these people the more I wish reality would burn them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Could the reason that more whites receive scholarships is because there are simply more whites?  If I go into a room with 100 people and 95 are white and 5 are black and close my eyes and point does that make me racist if I point at more whites than blacks?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think a lot of modern black & white people have no concept of what real racism or terrorism is.

They've lived in a coddled, safely constructed world their entire lives.  If they saw the real, naked aggression and horror that humanity is capable of they would shit their pants.

View Quote

This has been my opinion since the 80s.

America used to be the melting pot... and I suppose it still is, except with the heat constantly being turned up it is the POT ITSELF that is melting and not the separate ingredients inside it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Josie Antonio Vargas needs to have his rabble rousing illegal alien ass shipped back to the Philippines.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
+1, I'm tired of their whining.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#28]
FBHO
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Vaccines are White People's fault
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#30]
jokes on them cause being white is awsome and they cant have any lol

Jk being who god made you is awsome and i couldnt care less about race  

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I wish I had more privilege, in fact, I am ok with taking privilege away form minorities, so that I can have more.   I have a sneaking suspicion everybody feels this way, minorities, non-minorities, everybody who is human.  

And I think that they confuse what privilege is.  In my mind it is the results of hard work.  Not something given to me.  YMMV.

The harder I work, the more privilege I find I have.  Strange how that works.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Could the reason that more whites receive scholarships is because there are simply more whites?  If I go into a room with 100 people and 95 are white and 5 are black and close my eyes and point does that make me racist if I point at more whites than blacks?
View Quote
There is a real easy solution for this.

Remove all references of race in college admissions, scoring and job placement. When applying for scholarships you get an ID number (no names for hints on race) as you live or die based on past performance and attendance, from there all grading will be done in the same fashion (no racial extra credit). I'm betting the "anti-racists" would not want a color blind even playing field based solely of academics though. "Anti-racists" want raced based placements in all areas.
I'm all for removing every reference to race on every government application...but the "anti-racists" demand everything be race based.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#34]
"It’s not about how hard you’ve worked for what you have, how you
personally feel about people of other races, or how good your intentions
are. It is about the fact that you benefit from white privilege (and,
in this case, from a culture that privileges skinny white women’s
bodies). So it is
about you — just not in the way you thought it was."  

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Josie Antonio Vargas needs to have his rabble rousing illegal alien ass shipped back to the Philippines.
View Quote

I find it ironic that he thinks white people should feel guilty because of how inherently evil we are....yet he leaves his home to come to a society that was created by those same people.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"It’s not about how hard you’ve worked for what you have, how you personally feel about people of other races, or how good your intentions are. It is about the fact that you benefit from white privilege (and, in this case, from a culture that privileges skinny white women’s bodies). So it is about you — just not in the way you thought it was."  
View Quote

I don't agree with the basic premise, but I am willing to play along for them, and I am happy about the outcome.  How cool is that?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I saw a black kid get beat up on a city bus in Charlotte once for his white privilege.

Two other keeds were taunting him about being a "blue ribbon nigger, just
trying to win a prize from the white man" because of his manner of dress and the
school books he was bringing home.

He asked to be left alone and was pounce on and beat to shit when he got off at his stop

These kids were between 12 and 14 as best as I could tell.

This was in 1994 and I occasionally wonder what became of that student.

The other two are probably an FBI statistic and not much more if the last
two decades has taught us any thing.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

GTFO with your logic, it doesn't match the lifelong narative they shovel down the throats of the tards.

62% vs 13%, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.  Every time I see or hear the "Fillintheblank lives matter" morans, anything they say or do is instantly dismissed as racist garbage.  If you look at it that way, it makes it easier to pick out the garbage of society.

I hope they're not looking for an apology,  because they can kiss my Lilly white ass.  If anything, I want an apology for what these idiots have done to this once great country, starting with Racist Al and Jessie, the professional illegal can take his shit and GTFO.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Here's the real privilege.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Hmm lumping people into groups, making sweeping generalizations, and then trying to make those people feel bad.  I thought Liberals were supposed to be against that sort of thing?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Wait--people still watch MTV?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I love being white. I mean I really do, it's awesome. I'm not guilt-stricken over it, there's no making me feel bad.

A few years ago my GF at the time and I were hungry so we went through the McD's drivethru.

There was a black guy working at the window

He starts off with "Do you think you're better than me?"

Excuse me?

"Do you think you're better than me?" he repeated

I smiled, and said "Yes, I do."

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#44]
No longer "music" oriented...............should be called Moron Television

Quoted:
Wait--people still watch MTV?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#46]
We can now add the Pulitzer Prize to the list of awards that no longer have any meaning.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Zero fks given
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Just trying to make life harder for the melatoninally challenged
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#50]
If I minority has a issue in life it has to be a white persons fault
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top