BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure is a lot of butthurt jealousy in this thread.
View Quote

ITT: People who would normally argue about a right to privacy in a public investigation demand lack of privacy because "fuck that guy". Same people normally want "facts" to apply, but again...fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So giving Ray Rice a 2 game suspension for knocking out his wife on camera was fair?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Should have been a season ban and stripped him of those suspect championship wins.

4 games is a slap on the wrist for somebody who clearly doesn't give a shit they cheated, and doesn't even really seem to care they got caught.

So giving Ray Rice a 2 game suspension for knocking out his wife on camera was fair?

On field cheating is in a whole different realm than off field douchery.

Integrity of humans can always be suspect, but if you willfully allow the integrity of the game to be compromised you might as well schedule the Globetrotters each week.

Cheaters suck, period.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate the Pats and I think it's complete bullshit.

Roger is an incompetent twat-waffle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

funny how you bring that up. shows the bias
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Signed, a Patriots fan.

You mean like the Cowboys and Redskins got fined for going over the cap in a year when there wasn't actually a cap?

I suspect that if any other team had been involved in Deflategate, rather than Goodells homies Kraft and Brady, the penalty handed down would have been ridiculous like the 10-game suspension handed down to Hardy for "conduct unbecoming" for domestic abuse, despite the domestic abuse already being covered under a prior NFLPA & NFL agreement.  Goodell literally just makes shit up as he goes along.

But the Colts didn't get annihilated because of cheating, they got annihilated because they weren't very good compared to the Patriots.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Only ONE ball was signifigantly under inflated. the other 11 were right at the base minimum legal limit or a mere cunt hair below.

You guys would know this if you actually paid attention instead of slurping up ESPNs sensastionalist shit reporting.

Furthurmore, Brady was not suspended for cheating. He was suspended for not cooperating with the NFLs investigation (which turned up nothing), except he did cooperate with their investigation, which is why this whole deal is such bullshit.

Pull your heads out of your asses people.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't like the Patriots. I don't care much for their fans. However, deflated footballs had no effect on the game. Luck threw for 317 yards vs Brady who had 185. They could have used beach balls and won as bad as the Colts played that day. If it was close maybe. But the Colts got crushed and deflated balls had nothing to do with them not scoring or Luck throwing 4 Interceptions or the 234 rushing yards that NE had compared to the 69 the Colts had.
The Colts should have accepted the beating and not tried to blame the footballs.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I missed it...what happened?
View Quote

the Pats cheated and got caught.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
But I do agree that Goodell is a f'tard.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Shoulda hired the Hillary Hardrive relations group to destroy, uh lose the phone.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I suspect that if any other team had been involved in Deflategate, rather than Goodells homies Kraft and Brady, the penalty handed down would have been ridiculous like the 10-game suspension handed down to Hardy for "conduct unbecoming" for domestic abuse, despite the domestic abuse already being covered under a prior NFLPA & NFL agreement.  Goodell literally just makes shit up as he goes along.

But the Colts didn't get annihilated because of cheating, they got annihilated because they weren't very good compared to the Patriots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Signed, a Patriots fan.

You mean like the Cowboys and Redskins got fined for going over the cap in a year when there wasn't actually a cap?

cowboys fan? nice to meet you
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cheaters Suck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Only ONE ball was signifigantly under inflated. the other 11 were right at the base minimum legal limit or a mere cunt hair below.

You guys would know this if you actually paid attention instead of slurping up ESPNs sensastionalist shit reporting.

Furthurmore, Brady was not suspended for cheating. He was suspended for not cooperating with the NFLs investigation (which turned up nothing), except he did cooperate with their investigation, which is why this whole deal is such bullshit.

View Quote

how is destroying your phone before the investigation cooperating?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I missed it...what happened?
View Quote

the patriots cheated again.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Part of Brady's statement on the issue

I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.
Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong.
To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no “smoking gun” and this controversy is manufactured to distract from the fact they have zero evidence of wrongdoing.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't have given them my phone either.

Everything leaks. Everything. Besides, he could not be "required" to hand over his personal shit. This wasn't a subpoena, it was some B.S. investigation run by clowns. The Wells Report exemplifies that.

ETA And screw all you guys making me defend Brady and the Patriots.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I think its pretty obvious that Goodell is just pissed he didn't get to see nude pics of Giselle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Everything leaks. Everything. Besides, he could not be "required" to hand over his personal shit. This wasn't a subpoena, it was some B.S. investigation run by clowns. The Wells Report exemplifies that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they actually gave brady and his lawyer permission to give the investigators the cell phone information themselves. his privacy would not have been in jeopardy
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#18]
You cheaters finally got caught.  You've been cheating for years and you still got another Superbowl out of it.
So Brady misses 4 games.  WOW big deal.  

Scummiest organization in sports.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so why destroy the phone?

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Didn't the NFL in the same day reduce a domestic violence suspension down to 4 games? Maybe Tom Brady needs to "go there" on social media
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#21]
And your point...

We all knew that he is an dolt.

He is just keep on killing NFL.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#22]
The NFL is an entertainment organization. There are not 32 independent teams, there is one "league".  And since they are going for-profit and dropping their tax exempt status, make me feel even more dirty watching it.

Full Disclosure: major football fan for as long as I can remember.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
oh look, ponchsox thread
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so why destroy the phone?

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah174/bikerman9967revturbo9967/2015-07-29_13-05-54_zps6k7eesj7.png

Doesn't matter. You see, I don't care if he did manipulate the balls. I still wouldn't expect him to hand over incriminating evidence, and that is the only reason that he's suspended...the suspicion (with a total lack of proof) that he may have had incriminating evidence on his phone.

"You didn't do what we asked you to, even though you didn't have to, and now we're going to arbitrarily punish you for not following non existent rules, with the same severity we did over one guy knocking his wife the fuck out and the other for whipping his toddler until the kids testicles bled."

It's a circus run by clowns.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Signed, a Patriots fan.

Of course.  Yet I try to remain objective.

I seriously doubt the Patriots "manipulation" of balls is significantly worse or more prevalent than most other QB's/teams do.

But I also think that if it had been any other team "caught" like the Patriots, the punishment would have been more severe.  

So on the one hand, I think the Patriots got off "lightly" from Goodell, but I also think it's mostly bullshit.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#26]

(212) 450-2027
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Signed, a Patriots fan.

That was a shining fucking example of the lunacy of Emperor Goodell.

I know you're a Cowboys fan from your other post, and for once we can completely agree on something as I am a lifelong Redskins fan, that that whole situation was complete bullshit.

The Skin's got fucked doubly hard over that BS too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

the nfl network actually tested this and proved the game time temperature wouldn't effect the pressure of the balls as much] as everyone thinks it would.

he could have came clean. he could have had his attorney provide the information wells was looking for off of his sell phone yet he still destroyed it.

hes guilty
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inflating footballs, and then neglecting to measure them properly, and then when measured, the difference in pressure is easily explained by science, is not cheating.

Furthermore, if it actually mattered, the NFL would keep proper tabs on the game balls, like they do the kicking balls. If the balls being underinflated (or over inflated) were actually a big deal, the NFL wouldn't let the teams even have access to the balls after they were checked over by the officiating crew.

Combine that with the fact that most of the crew uses standard equipment to check the balls, which isn't a lab grade instrument, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to learn that the gauges that they use are probably in the +- 1lb range for accuracy, which could give you an "ok" reading if it was only 2psi low.

But hey, I guess they were "cheating" by inflating the balls indoors to the proper pressure in a room temperature room, where they were then inspected, and then signed off on, and then taken outside into cold weather, where the pressures predictably dropped due to the temp change.

But I guess Brady is "guilty" of "something" because he had the foresight to destroy his shit before some NFL official could get their dickbeaters on it, and potentially leak private materal from his personal phone (because that's never happened before, am I right?).

the nfl network actually tested this and proved the game time temperature wouldn't effect the pressure of the balls as much] as everyone thinks it would.

he could have came clean. he could have had his attorney provide the information wells was looking for off of his sell phone yet he still destroyed it.

hes guilty

I don't know what "game time temperature wouldn't effect the pressure of the balls as much as everyone thinks it would" means, but the Ideal Gas Law predicts a 1.0 - 1.2 psi loss for the temps experienced the AFCCG.  But the NFL Network (who are NFL employees) and everyone else at the time was misinformed as to what the actual halftime measurements were.

A source in the NFL leaked a bogus story to Chris Mortensen the day after the AFCCG that 10/11 balls measured at halftime were a full 2 PSI below the 12.5 limit.  That report set a narrative and that report was never retracted.  The NFL sent a letter to the Patriots that said one of the balls measured 10.1 psi.  The actual numbers in the Wells report showed the NFL to be liars.  

Mike Florio, in a recent radio interview, told how the day of the Super Bowl he called around the league trying to get the actual numbers and everyone stonewalled him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Lol, Suck it asterisks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Should have been a season ban and stripped him of those suspect championship wins.

4 games is a slap on the wrist for somebody who clearly doesn't give a shit they cheated, and doesn't even really seem to care they got caught.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Collective bargaining, how does it work?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I know you're a Cowboys fan from your other post, and for once we can completely agree on something as I am a lifelong Redskins fan, that that whole situation was complete bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Signed, a Patriots fan.

yes they did. mara and goodell suck eac hothers balls sideways
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Guys, just stop. You appear foolish.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:07:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Hammersox thread.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Make an example of his cheating ass
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You cheaters finally got caught.  You've been cheating for years and you still got another Superbowl out of it.
So Brady misses 4 games.  WOW big deal.  

Scummiest organization in sports.
View Quote

Lol. The haters are funny.  There was a precedent for getting caught altering game balls and the fine was $25k with no suspensions.  Although when the Vikings and panthers did it (in a cold game) they just got a warning. Everybody hates the winners!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

The real problem is that this isn't the first or even second time the Pats have been caught or at the least suspected of cheating
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Cheaters Suck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He is an attorney hired by the owners to act as their agent. He follows their lead and does what he's instructed within the guidelines of the policies and the negotiated labor agreement with the players union. If the owners don't like what he is doing they will fire him. Until then, he represents their wishes and follows their rules. If the other owners didn't want the Patriots to be punished I'm sure there was enough wiggle room to make the suspension less, or even go away entirely. Since it was the Patriots, and this isn't their first organizational trip to the woodshed, an example was made. No one, not even league and SB MVP QB Tom Brady is above the sting of censure.
That is all. Move along there's nothing to see here. In other news the NFL made another million bucks today off of people buying apparel and watching the NFL network to get the latest news!

View Quote

This !  The NFL needs some "Man Drama" to lead up to the big day in early September.  That way when the season "officially" starts, America will stay in tune with what's up.  Viewership equals dollars to the league.  Dollars to the league equals dollars to some piece of shit that can throw/run/catch a ball, but can't read/speak intelligently/amount to anything.  Seeing some dumbass jersey number assigned to some punk bitch equals hope to a five year old with a gimp who's grandparents will get him to believe that he is the next "Tom Brady".  Then, rinse, lather, repeat - the great American success story repeats.  Meanwhile...the world keeps turning, and shit that matters keeps happening, but the general public doesn't worry about it because some guy crushed his cellphone just to show the "man" that he (the man) ain't got nothing on him (guy that destroy's cellphone).

Is Brady guilty?  I don't know.  Is the NFL right?  I don't know.  But I do know this - America continues to be more concerned with this than with the assjack that is in office negotiating, regulating and dictatin'.  FBHO and FHRC.  By the way fuck the NFL too!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Lol. The haters are funny.  There was a precedent for getting caught altering game balls and the fine was $25k with no suspensions.  Although when the Vikings and panthers did it (in a cold game) they just got a warning. Everybody hates the winners!
View Quote

Bingo. Everyone bends the rules in some way shape or form. It's only the haters that get butthurt and make something out of it. Just because Brady likes the balls at a certain PSI, doesn't mean he couldn't have won any other way. Dude has everything everyone could ever want and people are just pissy because he wins.

I guess it's ok to win Superbowls if you're a rapist but not if you play with a ball under inflated by a psi.  So being a thug "off the field" doesn't translate to "ruining the integrity of the game" ? Whatever. Go fuck yourself Roger.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Trying to figure out what Roger does without the majority of owners approving it....

Maybe have lunch.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Goodell:  Tom, can we check the messages on your phone.?

Tom:  Sorry, lost it in a boating accident.

Still i blame the NFL for allowing this football inflation issue to even exist.  No control of footballs by teams.  

Stupid.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheaters Suck.

Goodell:  Tom, can we check the messages on your phone.?

Tom:  Sorry, lost it in a boating accident.

Still i blame the NFL for allowing this football inflation issue to even exist.  No control of footballs by teams.  

Stupid.

this if it really matters and they actually give a shit then they should keep control of the balls and speaking of balls goodell can go gargle a homeless dudes pair at a bus station

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The real problem is that this isn't the first or even second time the Pats have been caught or at the least suspected of cheating
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, eventually people will come to believe it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:38:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, eventually people will come to believe it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

yup
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and there it is. the classic socialist misdirection attempt of pointing out someone else is bad too.

your team are cheaters. FACT. they have cheated their way to 4 super bowel victories. FACT.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

and there it is. the classic socialist misdirection attempt of pointing out someone else is bad too.

your team are cheaters. FACT. they have cheated their way to 4 super bowel victories. FACT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another socialist tactic. Falsely claiming something is a FACT when the physical evidence proves otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#47]
On one level he is a complete failure (example and representative of the league), on another level, hes a complete success (represents the owners, takes the heat off them).  I hated Goodell long before this, but this just adds to it.  Still, hes bringing in the money and keeping anyone from focusing on the owners, except for Kraft now obviously, so they are very happy with him in that role.

The whole thing is bullshit, right down to there being no evidence, and the wells report amounting to "I couldn't find anything, but I don't like the look of it so I'm going to insist it happened.  Because, I SEZ SO!".  If this was a court case, it would never make it to trial, the prosecutor would shoot it down for insufficient evidence.  And the whole thing about Goodell arbitrating an appeal for a decision HE MADE HIMSELF is the stupidest thing imaginable.  The whole thing is so dumb, and its not like its the first case of him being a dipshit.

Everyone who wants it to be a bigger suspension is certainly not using logic.  The fine called for IN THE RULE BOOK is 25K.  So...  How did we get to 4 games?  Makes no sense.  IF there were evidence I would be fine with punishing the guilty parties (Brady, equipment guys, whomever), but there's been none so.... guilty until proven innocent?  I'm glad I'm not judged by that standard.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means."  

fact
fakt
noun
a thing that is indisputably the case.

No matter how you feel about the team, those are not facts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Signed, a Patriots fan.
View Quote

I agree, he should have banned Brady for the entire season.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please enlighten me how they cheated in all 4 SB victories. Each one, specifically.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top