BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, going off of the thread title. "Killing a fetus OK....Killing a lion Not OK...Graphic Pics "

You are correct. There are many, many, orders of fucking magnitude, more worthless people than there are lions.

Fetus, child, or grown adult; I'd rather see tens if not hundreds of thousands of them get popped instead of a near endangered species get killed.
View Quote

You are a genocidal maniac.You don't get to choose who has the right to live or die.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I will say one thing...

Seems as though it's only the 13ers.

Well earned stereotype.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:00:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Three posts describing how much you want genocide, with you explaining exactly why you feel that way. That's not hyperbole, that's opinion.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/harveybirdman/images/9/9c/Jessejackson.JPG

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Three posts describing how much you want genocide, with you explaining exactly why you feel that way. That's not hyperbole, that's opinion.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/graphic/images/galore.jpg

http://extension.unh.edu/sites/default/files/images/4HAnSci/inquisitive-cat300.png

I'm confused here; you seriously still dont get it or you want me to justify obvious hyperbole with some sort of defensible position?

I'll help you out. Goto google, search "ar15.com: outofstep , lion, elephant." I say google because site search sucks.

The return will show you I have ZERO problems with managed game preserve hunts. As this certainly isnt the first time threads like this have come up.

Now, when a thread with a premise as fucking ridiculously hyperbolic as "Killing a fetus OK....Killing a lion Not OK" comes up. Anyone reading it should expect replies in kind. When someone ( a 13er of course) replied to my original post, thinking it was serious... Yeah, like I'm gonna let that low hanging fruit stay there...

Now, stop being a poster child for the 13ers.

Godamn...

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#6]
A couple things for the "not a person" crowd to ignore...

On the person-hood debate a few pages back where the "vegetable on life-support" argument was used.  It is useful (for me) to consider first what would happen without our input.  I don't necessarily think that life support is immoral, but my wife and I are both against it for ourselves.  Without our input, 100% of pregnancies would (still) result in a human with its own DNA emerging from the woman's body in some state.

To address BES directly, I'm not sure why you believe that you get to choose whether or not the 2nd heart inside your body keeps beating.  Your post(s) lead me to believe that you think that up until the final moment that the baby leaves the mother, its still "trespassing" and is subject to the whims of the mother.  I was born about 3 weeks over-due, should my mom have been able at week 2 to decide "man this is taking forever, just kill it and get it over with"?  I have strong feelings about individual rights just like you do.  But I do believe that the government should take all steps necessary to protect the individual rights of those unable to do so for themselves.  The right of a mother to violate and steamroll the most important right of another individual (TO EXIST) is a false right.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Turns out this guy is dentist.....more reason to hate him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm confused here; you seriously still dont get it or you want me to justify obvious hyperbole with some sort of defensible position?

I'll help you out. Goto google, search "ar15.com: outofstep , lion, elephant." I say google because site search sucks.

The return will show you I have ZERO problems with managed game preserve hunts. As this certainly isnt the first time threads like this have come up.

Now, when a thread with a premise as fucking ridiculously hyperbolic as "Killing a fetus OK....Killing a lion Not OK" comes up. Anyone reading it should expect replies in kind. When someone ( a 13er of course) replied to my original post, thinking it was serious... Yeah, like I'm gonna let that low hanging fruit stay there...

Godamn...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.collegeinsider.com/graphic/images/galore.jpg

http://extension.unh.edu/sites/default/files/images/4HAnSci/inquisitive-cat300.png

Godamn...

You tripled down on stupid and morally questionable posts about your desire for culling the world, defended it heatedly multiple times, and explaining your position quite clearly. That others didn't take what you wrote as hyperbole doesn't mean they're stupid, it means you just were that convincing as you are a lunatic and an ass. If you're acting is that good, best look in the mirror to find the problem, Simple Jack.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I kind of pictured the guy being like Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You tripled down on stupid and morally questionable posts about your desire for culling the world, defended it heatedly multiple times, and explaining your position quite clearly. That others didn't take what you wrote as hyperbole doesn't mean they're stupid, it means you just were that convincing as you are a lunatic and an ass. If you're acting is that good, best look in the mirror to find the problem, Simple Jack.
View Quote

When you come into a thread titled "Killing a fetus OK....Killing a lion Not OK," and you take ANY post serious. It means exactly that.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:46:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why would we compromise on our right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Because your rights end where the rights of another begin?

Quoted:What's next? Compromise on the right to own guns? You allow me to own them if I promise to register them with the state?

I don't think so. Rights are rights.

The problem with that analogy is that a person does not die every time you own, possess, carry, use, etc, a firearm nor does anyone die should you own such property with out registering it with the state.

Every abortion that succeeds ends the life of a developing human being.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

That person growing in a woman's belly, a person most likely put there via the conscious actions of the women herself, has a right to life.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:02:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When you come into a thread titled "Killing a fetus OK....Killing a lion Not OK," and you take ANY post serious. It means exactly that.

https://youtu.be/svtLfoGH19c

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your "hyperbole" was so good I was sure you were a psychotic blowhard. Your defensive responses since convinced me you're definitely a blowhard and also confused about how hyperbole works, as its supposed to be obvious, which your posts certainly weren't.

You defended then with explanations that people calling you out never traveled overseas, that you have an issue with third worlders, and that you think idiocracy is going to happen. Your acting was so good in still pretty sure you're a horse's ass.

And you can drop the '13er bullshit, even '01er site staff called you out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:09:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
doesn't matter

It doesn’t matter in the slightest?  

So there is no functional difference between one of your non-functioning vestigial organs and a growing human being in the womb?

If the difference does not matter and they are effectively the same then why undertake ANY actions to remove the fetus?

Surely you are not planning on a surgical procedure to remove your appendix (assuming you still have one; if you lack an appendix substitute the word Coccyx in its place)?  I mean you don’t really need it and you don’t really use it and should it burst it could kill you.

The only other reason I can see to wanting to remove the fetus, apart from just not wanting it in your body (i.e. the non ruptured / inflamed appendix example), is the idea that the fetus, which is genetically human, will most likely grow into a more developed human being and then exit the body and then continue its development for the next 60 - 80 years.

Quoted:

and if they don't?

You call the local law enforcement or you take them to court and have them removed.   Circumstances arise where they may die rather than leave but that is an event reserved for the most extreme of circumstances and is certainly one not of your choice.

By law YOU the landlady exercise restraint and, in effect, allow your property rights to be temporarily trampled so the government may act to use their forces to forcibly remove the problem tenant.

Quoted:

it's not a baby, it doesn't even have an opinion on it. You can't attribute complex existential thoughts to a fetus.

True but then again I cannot necessarily attribute complex existential thoughts to young children under a certain age now can I?

Logically, your position applies as much to a new born child fresh out of the birth canal as it does a fetus.

Or have I missed something?

Quoted:

Furthermore, it would be ok to evict squatters at gun point if they refused to go.

That depends entirely upon the jurisdiction in which you live.   That would NOT be legal where I live.

Of course you may be able to do so lawfully where you live but you CANNOT make such a request of the developing child in the womb with an expectation that child will live.

Quoted:

Let me ask you this. Who has a right to tell the owner of the temple what to do with an embryo that lives in the temple? The state?

Yes.  The state may place certain restrictions upon rights in order to protect YOUR rights and MY rights and the rights of the UNBORN.

For example you have the right to keep and bear arms but not the right to walk to the local grocery store and shoot a person in the face for no reason at all.    

You may have the right to take a life with your constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms should circumstances warrant an occasion but not for any and every reason under the sun.

For the record if I had my way I would repeal all of 18 USC 921, 922, all of  18 USC Chapter 39 as well as the entirety of 26 USC.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
View Quote

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/preamble

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't? You let me swallow it your ring, you can't cut me open to retrieve it. You can't even keep me from moving to china. I think you lost your ring unless I choose to return it to you or poop it out or you can make a case to a judge that my upcoming stomach surgery is the perfect time to return it to you.

I agree completely however the flip side is you CANNOT just decide to cut open your stomach to remove my ring knowing that action will be destroying the ring in the process without my permission.

Surely you may elect to cut open your stomach as you please (it is your stomach) but the ring is still mine.   Destruction of my property could be a criminal offense or actionable tort.

Quoted:

As the caretaker of the fetus, I can kill it in order to terminate my pregnancy. I don't have to care for it it's whole life, I can give it up any time.

You can kill that child but that does not mean you should.

Likewise a struggling person could kill their infant child (much as the boyfriend of a woman did by placing the child in a microwave oven and turning it on) for a whole host of reason but that does not mean they should.

Caretaker is defined as:

noun
1.a person who is in charge of the maintenance of a building, estate,etc.; superintendent.
2.a person or group that temporarily performs the duties of an office.
3.British. a janitor.
4.a person who takes care of another.
View Quote

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/caretaker?s=t

I do not believe a person would be much of a caretaker for that child by killing it.    

However you are of course correct you do not have to care for it your whole life but there are people out there who are desperate to smother than child with love and affection who could and would allow that child to live.

Quoted:
Your conclusion is invalid because a fetus is not a child, a non-viable fetus is not a viable fetus or child and a child in the body is not equivalent to a child outside the body.

So when will the fetus become a child?   Is there some magical transformation that occurs moments before the baby exits the birth canal?   Does this change happen before or after birth?

I do not mean to belabor the point but I ask because that baby is just as much dependent upon its parents and guardians AFTER it is born as it was while it was growing in the womb.

After all we humans are helpless, pathetically cute things when we are born.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:30:39 AM EDT
[#15]
How the fuck is this thread not locked yet?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If everytime an American who goes on an exotic African hunt now has his/her names smeared through the mud and gets death threats they will stop hunting in Africa and the villagers who depend on those hunts will starve and likely the animals will suffer as well because the poachers can come in and rape the jungle because the Game Warders are no longer getting paid.
View Quote

Ironic, isn't it?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:59:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://youtu.be/ythrdCsOFJU?t=28s
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:03:25 AM EDT
[#18]
People actually give this many fucks about an animal being hunted?

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:32:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
A fertilized egg frozen (called a morula, typically frozen 4 days after fertilization occurs) is not the same as a gestating fetus, growing and forming into a human, living in a women's womb. Not even close. Morula or Blastocyst =/=fetus (which for a human doesn't even classify until 8 weeks after conception).

Crack a biology textbook open or read this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's another scenario.  It took several embryos to create the wonderful six year old daughter I have sitting next to me now thru IVF.  The remaining ones were frozen for years before we decided on what we should do with them.  Since they were frozen, are the "persons"?  They could theoretically be kept frozen indefinitely.

and if you decide to destroy those embryos (after you decide you don't want any more children) a lot of arfcom will think you're a murderer.

Welcome to GD.

A fertilized egg frozen (called a morula, typically frozen 4 days after fertilization occurs) is not the same as a gestating fetus, growing and forming into a human, living in a women's womb. Not even close. Morula or Blastocyst =/=fetus (which for a human doesn't even classify until 8 weeks after conception).

I've explained the differences in the stages of development quite a few times on arfcom, many times before you ever joined us 13er.

Some people still see the morning after pill as murder, by your standards (and mine btw) it would not be.  

The line when you start to give a shit about the nascent human being's rights is arbitrary.

fertilization

quickening

blastocyst

fetus

first breath

brain activity

heartbeat

viability

are just some of the various positions I've heard as to when that nascent human being should have a right to life.

everyone seems to have a different opinion from a moral standpoint.

Legally, its pretty simple.   Until he/she is born,  the mother has a right to terminate the pregnancy.  

I don't agree with abortion, but I'm also against the government interfering in a medical decision that should be between a woman, the prospective father, her doctor, and possibly her priest.

We've had this discussion on arfcom ad nauseum.   Whenever it pops up again, there is always some newbie who thinks he has a new perspective no one else has ever thought of and that everyone else isn't as educated on the subject as he is.  Congratulations 13er, this time you're that guy.   Congrats.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:34:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I will say one thing...

Seems as though it's only the 13ers.

Well earned stereotype.
View Quote

I think the stereotype exists BECAUSE so many 13ers are fucktards.

It makes the few normal ones stand out.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:35:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

lucky that sumbitch wasn't a lawyer, they'd be stringing him up already

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nope, don't think I did. You just don't get that life is more important than having a clit, but in that you're not alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A clitoris and fetus are not the same thing.  Yes, a clitoris is a body part of a human. A fetus is a human, some of which have female genitalia.

Abortion and FGM are not the same thing. No, they are not. Abortion is the killing of a fetus .FGM is the removal of parts of someone's genitalia. One is extreme, the end. The other makes enjoying sex difficult.

Your entire argument is based on the misconception that two positions cannot be held independently of the oneanother, and you are trying to express it through an invalid comparison.

To that end, your argument is fundamentally flawed. Nah, I don't think it is. You just don't get that a baby is more important than a clit. After all, someone can life without a clit, but a kid getting aborted is pretty final.

You just demonstrated the invalidity of your own argument.

Nope, don't think I did. You just don't get that life is more important than having a clit, but in that you're not alone.

Ah.  Now you going for the ad-hominem approach.

Dude, you suck at making a point, and have got your panties in a bunch while making assumptions about what others think.

I was actually tiring up help you present a more coherent argument but I guess you lack the intellectual wherewithal to see that.  

I'm gonna leave you to trample all over your own dick.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:32:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I wonder if they'd be cool with it if he chopped him up and sold his organs and limbs as research materials
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ironic, isn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If everytime an American who goes on an exotic African hunt now has his/her names smeared through the mud and gets death threats they will stop hunting in Africa and the villagers who depend on those hunts will starve and likely the animals will suffer as well because the poachers can come in and rape the jungle because the Game Warders are no longer getting paid.

Ironic, isn't it?

What villagers benefitted from this?  

They lured the cat out of it's protected area and killed it.

I hope this jackass serves a bunch of prison time and a huge ass fine.

Many of you guys call yourselves conservationists.  

This ain't like controlling the Deer population or whatever,  they are at the highest alert level for extinction.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Your "hyperbole" was so good I was sure you were a psychotic blowhard. Your defensive responses since convinced me you're definitely a blowhard and also confused about how hyperbole works, as its supposed to be obvious, which your posts certainly weren't.

You defended then with explanations that people calling you out never traveled overseas, that you have an issue with third worlders, and that you think idiocracy is going to happen. Your acting was so good in still pretty sure you're a horse's ass.
View Quote

So, to you conversations about genocide aren't considered hyperbole? Got it.

And you can drop the '13er bullshit,
View Quote

Nope, you're doing 13ers proud because you still dont fucking get it. No on else is still going. So yes, you're certainly wearing your 13er crown with pride. Jesus Christ son, I've directly said I wasn't serious, multiple times now... yet you still dont fucking get it. We all fucking get it already. You think I'm an ass; because you werent quick enough to pick up on the fact that ANYONE pretty much EVER suggesting genocide isnt going to be talking about it seriously.

Do you really need to say it again? "herp derp, but u dunn talked abouts it in a couple repleyes. hurrrrrrrrrrrr you are ams HITLERZSSZS!!!"  Yeah, no shit. If you're gonna be stupid enough to believe it, why wouldnt I keep replying? Is this your first godamned time on the internet?

even '01er site staff called you out.
View Quote

Protip: This is a thread involving an animal. This is beekeeper. If you dont bath in animal blood daily, you're a dirty PETA troll. His reaction was pretty much expected.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right on Bro!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've explained the differences in the stages of development quite a few times on arfcom, many times before you ever joined us 13er.

Some people still see the morning after pill as murder, by your standards (and mine btw) it would not be.  

The line when you start to give a shit about the nascent human being's rights is arbitrary.

fertilization
quickening
blastocyst
fetus
first breath
brain activity
heartbeat
viability

are just some of the various positions I've heard as to when that nascent human being should have a right to life.

Legally, its pretty simple.   Until he/she is born,  the mother has a right to terminate the pregnancy.  

I don't agree with abortion, but I'm also against the government interfering in a medical decision that should be between a woman, the prospective father, her doctor, and possibly her priest.

We've had this discussion on arfcom ad nauseum.   Whenever it pops up again, there is always some newbie who thinks he has a new perspective no one else has ever thought of and that everyone else isn't as educated on the subject as he is.  Congratulations 13er, this time you're that guy.   Congrats.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's another scenario.  It took several embryos to create the wonderful six year old daughter I have sitting next to me now thru IVF.  The remaining ones were frozen for years before we decided on what we should do with them.  Since they were frozen, are the "persons"?  They could theoretically be kept frozen indefinitely.

and if you decide to destroy those embryos (after you decide you don't want any more children) a lot of arfcom will think you're a murderer.

Welcome to GD.

fertilization
quickening
blastocyst
fetus
first breath
brain activity
heartbeat
viability

Wellsaid.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mothers of abortions don't pose with their kills.
View Quote

So would you say it's canned hunting?

Basically the exact same way this lion was hunted?

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I should have known better. Hyperbole just doesnt mix well in some arfcom threads. If you seriously think I was suggesting genocide, like I already said... You were probably cast in Simple Jack, aka full retard.

Everyone carry on with their talk of abortions and lions and shit.

Billions of third worlders that will never contribute a lick to humanity. Hell, they will actively work to destroy and bring it down. Plenty to chose from to be culled.
View Quote

That right there expresses that you want to kill a certain demograph of people (Third Worlders) and that constitutes genocide under the UN.  So yes, you actually fucking said that!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

fertilization
quickening
blastocyst
fetus
first breath
brain activity
heartbeat
viability

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to GD.

fertilization
quickening
blastocyst
fetus
first breath
brain activity
heartbeat
viability

Why don't you go look this up and double check before you try calling other people stupid or 13er?

"Legally, its pretty simple.   Until he/she is born,  the mother has a right to terminate the pregnancy."

If the topic has been done as nauseum, why are you posting incorrect info still?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

A couple things for the "not a person" crowd to ignore...

On the person-hood debate a few pages back where the "vegetable on life-support" argument was used. It is useful (for me) to consider first what would happen without our input. I don't necessarily think that life support is immoral, but my wife and I are both against it for ourselves. Without our input, 100% of pregnancies would (still) result in a human with its own DNA emerging from the woman's body in some state.

To address BES directly, I'm not sure why you believe that you get to choose whether or not the 2nd heart inside your body keeps beating. Your post(s) lead me to believe that you think that up until the final moment that the baby leaves the mother, its still "trespassing" and is subject to the whims of the mother. I was born about 3 weeks over-due, should my mom have been able at week 2 to decide "man this is taking forever, just kill it and get it over with"? I have strong feelings about individual rights just like you do. But I do believe that the government should take all steps necessary to protect the individual rights of those unable to do so for themselves. The right of a mother to violate and steamroll the most important right of another individual (TO EXIST) is a false right.
View Quote

Great post!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#33]
ITT: gun owners argue over a procedure that the majority of them can't have done to themselves.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You mean "didn't have done to us"--that is what is significant.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ITT: gun owners argue over a procedure that the majority of them can't have done to themselves.

You mean "didn't have done to us"--that is what is significant.  

That's all fine and dandy, but it's still not any of MY business or MY problem. It's legal.  It most likely won't be changed.  There are far more pressing problems facing our country and OUR individual liberties.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone who generally values an animal over a human life,  ESPECIALLY an innocent baby,  is an evil person.   Pure and simple.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Can we mourn Cecil without using his death to trumpet your anti-choice stance? No? Well, this is arf, after all.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Can we mourn Cecil without using his death to trumpet your anti-choice stance? No? Well, this is arf, after all.
View Quote

Some choices should be illegal.  If your neighbor chooses to kill you, it should be illegal for them to carry out that choice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you wearing all black today to mourn Cecil? Are you depressed, having trouble sleeping? Do you burst into tears when you watch Lion King?

It was a wild animal, that was a year away from the average expectancy for lions.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The problem with that analogy is that a person does not die every time you own, possess, carry, use, etc, a firearm nor does anyone die should you own such property with out registering it with the state.

That person growing in a woman's belly, a person most likely put there via the conscious actions of the women herself, has a right to life.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:What's next? Compromise on the right to own guns? You allow me to own them if I promise to register them with the state?

I don't think so. Rights are rights.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Really...belly
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Really...belly
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Really...belly

belly

noun, plural bellies.
1.the front or under part of a vertebrate body from the breastbone to the pelvis, containing the abdominal viscera; the abdomen.
2.the stomach with its adjuncts.
3.appetite or capacity for food; gluttony.
4.the womb.
5.the inside or interior of anything:
the belly of a ship.
6.a protuberant or bulging surface of anything:
the belly of a flask.
7.Anatomy. the fleshy part of a muscle.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/belly?s=t

Of course I meant the phrase to be a figure of speech so I am at a loss as to what you are actually tying to convey.

figure of speech:

noun, plural figures of speech. Rhetoric
1.any expressive use of language, as a metaphor, simile, personification, or antithesis, in which words are used in other than their literal sense, or in other than their ordinary locutions, in order to suggest a picture or image or for other special effect.
Compare trope (def 1).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/figure%20of%20speech?s=t

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
ITT: gun owners argue over a procedure that the majority of them can't have done to themselves that results in the death of a developing human being.
View Quote

Fixed it for you to add the context that should make the reason many of us argue over this procedure we "can't have done [on ourselves]" abundantly clear.

Some of us value life and especially the life of the innocent.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Anti-choice?"  Isn't that quaint.

A person can choose to kill another person without just cause and for any reason under the sun.   I do not support that choice and if I may be presumptive, I would guess you would not support that choice either.

I believe a person ought to be able to decide to do or not to do anything they desire so long as those choices do not infringe upon the rights of others.

You want to wear white after Labor Day?  Fine by me.
You want to own and use hand grenades?   Let me know in advance and I'll bring BBQ.
You want to cut pieces of your own body off because you suddenly have the urge to do so?  Your body, your rules.

You want to deprive another human being of their life, liberty, or property?   No deal.  

I am NOT ANTI-CHOICE per se; I am pro choices that don't end the lives of innocent children.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you to add the context that should make the reason many of us argue over this procedure we "can't have done [on ourselves]" abundantly clear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ITT: gun owners argue over a procedure that the majority of them can't have done to themselves that results in the death of a developing human being.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't care if you kill your fetus or your lion. If it's not your fetus or your lion, then that might be a problem.

I really don't see how lion killing and fetus killing are related though.
View Quote

I guess you don't Facebook? Everybody is an uproar over the planned parenthood video about a woman's right to choose and this idot that poached a lion and hunting is not OK.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh, my mistake.   It's not a developing human being.   It's a fetus.

Fetus:
noun, plural fetuses. Embryology
1.(used chiefly of viviparous mammals) the young of an animal in the womb or egg, especially in the later stages of development when the body structures are in the recognizable form of its kind, in humans after the end of the second month of gestation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fetus?s=t

My bad.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I guess you don't Facebook? Everybody is an uproar over the planned parenthood video about a woman's right to choose and this idot that poached a lion is not OK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care if you kill your fetus or your lion. If it's not your fetus or your lion, then that might be a problem.

I really don't see how lion killing and fetus killing are related though.

I guess you don't Facebook? Everybody is an uproar over the planned parenthood video about a woman's right to choose and this idot that poached a lion is not OK.

What I find outrageous is the same faggots who got into office through promises of defunding the ACA and securing our fucking borders are now making defunding planned parenthood their number one priority before recess.

How about a fucking budget?  How about curbing regulatory agencies fucking power to make laws without the consent of the Congress?  How about unfucking the NSA?  What the fuck about the very real threat of ISIS?

Fuck the RINOs and their pandering to the religious right, especially when they're ignoring everything thatis truly destroying this nation.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Are you wearing all black today to mourn Cecil? Are you depressed, having trouble sleeping? Do you burst into tears when you watch Lion King?

It was a wild animal, that was a year away from the average expectancy for lions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cecil can't protect his pride, now that he's gone. Which means more lions - endangered animals - will die. It's not just about Cecil. Way to be a baby about this.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What I find outrageous is the same faggots who got into office through promises of defunding the ACA and securing our fucking borders are now making defunding planned parenthood their number one priority before recess.

How about a fucking budget?  How about curbing regulatory agencies fucking power to make laws without the consent of the Congress?  How about unfucking the NSA?  What the fuck about the very real threat of ISIS?

Fuck the RINOs and their pandering to the religious right, especially when they're ignoring everything thatis truly destroying this nation.
View Quote

You do not appear to understand how our government works.

Republicans need a veto over ride in both the HoR and the US Senate to defund the PPACA (they have voted to repeal it and defund it DOZENS of times), to alter or abolish the NSA, or any of the other things on your list.

Feel free to show us the votes in both houses.   Remember, there aren't enough Republicans to over ride a Veto without Democrat support.

To their credit, Republicans have been successful in cutting the budgets of some major players.   I.e. the IRS has had their budget reduced at least twice and they may get further reductions.

Add to this mix that not all Republicans are the good guys and I am amazed the Republicans have been able to do what they have done given what they have to work with.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top