Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/28/2015 3:18:45 AM EDT
Can somebody explain to me why so many people are crazy about investing in this right now?  I was told today that in a few weeks that ONE Iraqi Dinar will be worth $2 USD.  I find that hard to believe considering at it sits ONE Dinar is only worth 0.00086 US Dollar

What is all this madness.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:20:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Can somebody explain to me why so many people are crazy about investing in this right now?  I was told today that in a few weeks that ONE Iraqi Dinar will be worth $2 USD.  I find that hard to believe considering at it sits ONE Dinar is only worth 0.00086 US Dollar

View Quote

Stupid rumors and retarded speculations that won't go away and continue to part fools from their money.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:21:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not that the Dinar is going to be worth much, it's that the Dollar is not going to be worth a damn thing.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Scam currency?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertlaura/2015/03/24/retire-on-the-iraqi-dinar-and-vietnamese-dong/

Don't know about the dinar, but my dollars always buy a lot of dong, more and more every year.

People are retarded? High risk, unstable, inflationary currency, yea go all in.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stupid rumors and retarded speculations that won't go away and continue to part fools from their money.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:25:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's not that the Dinar is going to be worth much, it's that the Dollar is not going to be worth a damn thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other than it's the most stable currency over the past hundred years. Maybe the Swiss Franc is a good rival, but compared to everyone else, the dollar is still king. The only way out of our debt will be devaluation, but same goes for everyone else.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:28:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Scam currency?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertlaura/2015/03/24/retire-on-the-iraqi-dinar-and-vietnamese-dong/

Don't know about the dinar, but my dollars always buy a lot of dong, more and more every year.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:31:43 AM EDT
[#7]
People are still going on about that shit? Some weird asshole told me I should invest my money in the dinar, in like 2007, I knew ot was bullshit then and I know its bullshit now. I just find it funny people fall for that shit.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#8]
People compare the dinar to the Kuwait currency after the first Gulf war. Lots of people bought the Kuwait currency after Saddam invaded and the currency crashed. Made out well when Saddam was pushed out. It is unlikely to go that way with Iraq as they can not get there shit together regardless of how much oil they have. If they were stable and selling a bunch of oil there currency would be stronger.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:35:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

that's a 232458.13% increase.

if true you will get very wealthy off $5 USD

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:45:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
People are still going on about that shit? Some weird asshole told me I should invest my money in the dinar, in like 2007, I knew ot was bullshit then and I know its bullshit now. I just find it funny people fall for that shit.
View Quote

Actually, if you would have invested in the Dinar in 2007, you would have made a pretty healthy profit considering the 18% increase.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:54:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Another currency scam. A guy and his wife are in a Lot of trouble of a scam like that. Dude bilked millions off stupid people.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:57:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Ha ha it's all the KBR (Keep Bringing Retards) dipshits that bought millions of Dinar at a fraction of a cent per Dinar thinking it would trade even with the dollar someday and they would be millionaires pumping their bullshit pipe dreams online.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:49:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Scam currency?

View Quote

I bought a couple Dongs off ebay. When I was part time at Walmart I would ask fellow employees if they wanted to see my dong.
Most said no and I would say "just let me whip this out" and showed them the coin. Some found it funny, some didn't. I don't work there
anymore but I still can't believe I never got fired.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:09:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Another currency scam. A guy and his wife are in a Lot of trouble of a scam like that. Dude bilked millions off stupid people.

http://www.11alive.com/story/money/2015/06/11/sterling-currency-group-iraqi-dinar/71051900/

View Quote

How is that unlike a company selling penny stocks?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scam currency?

http://www.vipnvegas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/chippendales-vegas.jpg

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Dinars and Drachmas; that's where the action is right now, nothing but upside.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#18]
10 years ago Afghans weren't worth the shit from a dogs ass. Now it's worth more than the Korean Won, with a 1:19 rate.

1 USD = 1120 Won
1 USD = 61 Afghans
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a few grand worth of them, how the heck do I exchange them for USD?

My bank refused and online services said if I didn't buy from them, then I couldnt exchange back through them.

So wtf good is it?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#21]
You misspelled 'dinner' OP
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Iraqi Dinar  

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#23]
My buddy bought $500 buck worth of it a few years back.  I alway make it a point to ask him how that investment is doing
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#25]
LOL. This is still going on? This was a thing back in '03/04 when I was in Iraq. All the mouthbreathers were buying this money buy the fucking footlocker full. My best friend, who I worked overseas with for awhile, was a bank manager before that and tried to tell everyone that's not how currency worked but no one listened. There should several hundred thousand new billionaires now according to everything floating around back then lol.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

They said the same shit in 2010...

Former co-worker bought $5000 USD of Iraqi Dinar....

ISIS will make their own currency...then the Dinar will be obsolete.

And when/if ISIS gets destroyed, there will be a new Dinar to take it's place, which still leaved the old Dinar obsolete.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

LOL. This is still going on? This was a thing back in '03/04 when I was in Iraq. All the mouthbreathers were buying this money buy the fucking footlocker full. My best friend, who I worked overseas with for awhile, was a bank manager before that and tried to tell everyone that's not how currency worked but no one listened. There should several hundred thousand new billionaires now according to everything floating around back then lol.
View Quote
LOL.  I was one of those mouth breathers that bought a bunch of dinar from the get go.  I sold it last year and roughly doubled my investment.    
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Actually, if you would have invested in the Dinar in 2007, you would have made a pretty healthy profit considering the 18% increase.
View Quote

18% in 8 years?  Not good at all for an investment- that's a little better than 2%, which you can certainly smoke for a comparable (or lower) amount of risk.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Forget it. That scam has been going on for years.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Forget it. That scam has been going on for years.
View Quote

i heard it back in 91.  

A sucker born every minuet I guess.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Heard the same thing in 2003. Watched bunch of people trade $3,000 USD for dinarsm I think the going rate $1,500 for 1 million dinars IIRC.  Apples and oranges. I snagged 100k dinars for a couple bucks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#32]
This came to mind.

How about being a hundred trillion dollars richer ($Z)

Or a quadrillion
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/12/zimbabwe-offers-new-exchange-rate-1-for-35000000000000000-old-dollars

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#33]
I obtained some Syrian Dollar when I was near the Syrian border
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

like was said i would go in on 20 bucks worth probably would never pan out but I've spent 20 bucks on worse.

but the idiots who buy into this buy 10's of thousands of dollars worth.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#35]
I made a lot of money from Iraqi dinar after the first Gulf War. I found a bunch of dinars on Hwy 8. Some a little crispy.
Our unit went to northern Iraq for Op Provide Comfort to help out the Kurds. We had R&R in Incirlik AFB Turkey every now and again. I overheard a few Air Force pilots complaining that they never got and souvenirs from the south as that's where everything happened. I mentioned I had dinars I would sell for $20 each.
Those AF pilots ate that up. I managed to come away with just a few bills for myself and close to $2k.

So yes, Iraqi dinars can be worth something,  to boneheaded AF pilots.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#36]

lol I have one of those. I would like Iraqi Dinar for my collection though. The Nork money I have is pretty kewl.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kinda what I thought, flashbacks of 2004 and the rumor that it was gonna skyrocket as soon as the new Iraqi gov't was established. Heard that BS for year. Heard about one contractor who quit his job in the days before that event since he was so sure of the outcome.

I did buy some on the outside chance though. Always figured my kids can sell the bills to collectors or some such.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I thought the Iluminati was behind the Dinar thing? I test drove a car one time. During the test drive, salesman asked what I did for a living. Once I told him, the next 1/2 hour I learned all about the Dinar, NWO, The Fed etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Scam currency?

View Quote

DO NOT WANT THE DONG.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

18% over 8 years certainly isn't anything to write home about.  That's a minimal ROI.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Like some others have said, I am really surprised this is still going on.  It was a hot thing back in 2005-2007 or so.  I know people that maxed credit cards, sold stuff, or otherwise went full retard thinking it was going to be a sure thing.  I spent a couple thousand of mad money I had laying around and it is a cool conversation piece if nothing else.    I could still get my money back on it I wanted to, but lord knows I spent a lot more on even more useless things in the past.  I'm sure my family will run across it when I am dead and think they have something  until they do the research.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
DO NOT WANT THE DONG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Scam currency?

DO NOT WANT THE DONG.

You want to roll around in a pile of dong!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
18% over 8 years certainly isn't anything to write home about.  That's a minimal ROI.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to mention almost NO ONE in these situations was getting a reasonable exchange rate either.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't be bragging about buying dong.  I mean, hell, I've never even been tempted to pay for pussy, much less dong.  Even if I did swing that way, I wouldn't be bragging about having to pay for it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#45]
I had an ex that was a waitress. Some vet she was serving gave her a Dinar as a tip, saying it was worth more than the money he would've paid as a tip.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be bragging about buying dong.  I mean, hell, I've never even been tempted to pay for pussy, much less dong.  Even if I did swing that way, I wouldn't be bragging about having to pay for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a new GD.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scam currency?

DO NOT WANT THE DONG.

I hear the Vietnamese Dong won't take you far.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#48]
I should move to Colorado and start a currency and cannabis investment club. BONGS AND DONGS!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Its still not worth anything?  I had a friend that bought a couple thousand dollars worth back ~2004.  I figured he would be a billionaire by now.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I bought a couple Dongs off ebay. When I was part time at Walmart I would ask fellow employees if they wanted to see my dong.
Most said no and I would say "just let me whip this out" and showed them the coin. Some found it funny, some didn't. I don't work there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scam currency?

Bought Dongs.
Calls himself Junk Hunter

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top