Quoted:

Whoosh!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Before we got married, I told my husband that I expected him to maintain his appearance.  If he got fat or all old and wrinkly, his ass was going on the curb.

Let's see how you've held up.

Whoosh!

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife was a stone cold fox when we met. After the first kid she put on a few pounds, but then took them off.

Now we have our second kid. However we are now in our mid thirties and we have both gotten fat. I mean 50 pounds overweight fat.

It happened while she was pregnant but I got fat with her this time.

I still love my wife for who she is, and it is damn hard to get to the gym with a 6 month old.

I have learned to bang a fattie and I am happy.

ETA It might have been worse had I not chunked out too, I can't harp on her weight gain since I did as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Superficial?  

From the way I read the OP, it sounds like the scenario is a man and a woman, who are both in shape/active, get married and the woman says "well I don't need to stay active anymore since I reeled my man in, time to kick up my feet and live like a slob."  For many men, myself included, having an active lifestyle is a big part of life, and would only want to be with someone who shared that active lifestyle.  On top of that, it sounds like there is some anger issues going on, as she gets mad every time he even brings up her lack of activity since they got married.

So it is a deeper issue than just her gaining weight.  It is her completely changing.  At least that is how I read it.

Let me ask you a question.  Would it be superficial if you were dating a woman who took her health very seriously...and then after you got married her teeth became yellow.....................................................

........do to her taking up smoking.  Sometimes it isn't the symptom (such as gaining wait, or in my example, getting yellow teeth) it is realizing that the woman you feel in love with isn't the same woman that you are married to, and it took her feeling like she locked you down to let her real self show.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, fuck no. I don't like superficial people, male or female.

Superficial?  

From the way I read the OP, it sounds like the scenario is a man and a woman, who are both in shape/active, get married and the woman says "well I don't need to stay active anymore since I reeled my man in, time to kick up my feet and live like a slob."  For many men, myself included, having an active lifestyle is a big part of life, and would only want to be with someone who shared that active lifestyle.  On top of that, it sounds like there is some anger issues going on, as she gets mad every time he even brings up her lack of activity since they got married.

So it is a deeper issue than just her gaining weight.  It is her completely changing.  At least that is how I read it.

Let me ask you a question.  Would it be superficial if you were dating a woman who took her health very seriously...and then after you got married her teeth became yellow.....................................................

........do to her taking up smoking.  Sometimes it isn't the symptom (such as gaining wait, or in my example, getting yellow teeth) it is realizing that the woman you feel in love with isn't the same woman that you are married to, and it took her feeling like she locked you down to let her real self show.

Yeah, it would be superficial.  Quid pro quo. What if you weighed 195, 3% body fat when you met her on the mountain bike trail, fifteen years and two kids later which she had with you and both working to support those kids and give them a good upbringing; you gained another twenty five pounds if you're normal and so did she, you've taken on a second chin and lost your hair and are lucky if you have one day to yourself to mow the lawn, fire up the Green Egg and invite some friends over for a barbecue and a beer.  You keep a fridge in the garage because you've developed a taste for beer.  

Your wife tells you you're not 195lbs. anymore, you've let yourself go plus now you're bald.  And your back is now hairy. Adios, m'fkr, her lawyer will be in touch and btw, she want's the house.  Would that be superficial?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Not really, but I keep wondering if "pity sex" a few times a month, or less, would cause me to leave her after reading some posters here .
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Not married and I make it a point to keep in shape so if she steps out of line in ANY way, she knows I can find a equal or better replacement in a week.
Lived a sexless relationship for 15 years.... never again...
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, it would be superficial.  Quid pro quo. What if you weighed 195, 3% body fat when you met her on the mountain bike trail, fifteen years and two kids later which she had with you and both working to support those kids and give them a good upbringing. You gained another twenty five pounds if you're normal and so did she, you've taken on a second chin and lost your hair and are lucky if you have one day to yourself to mow the lawn, fire up the Green Egg and invite some friends over for a barbecue and a beer.  You keep a fridge in the garage just for that.  Your wife tells you you're not 195 anymore, you've let yourself go and you're bald.  And your back is now hairy. Adios, m'fkr, her lawyer will be in touch and btw, she want's the house.  Would that be superficial?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Superficial?  

Yeah, it would be superficial.  Quid pro quo. What if you weighed 195, 3% body fat when you met her on the mountain bike trail, fifteen years and two kids later which she had with you and both working to support those kids and give them a good upbringing. You gained another twenty five pounds if you're normal and so did she, you've taken on a second chin and lost your hair and are lucky if you have one day to yourself to mow the lawn, fire up the Green Egg and invite some friends over for a barbecue and a beer.  You keep a fridge in the garage just for that.  Your wife tells you you're not 195 anymore, you've let yourself go and you're bald.  And your back is now hairy. Adios, m'fkr, her lawyer will be in touch and btw, she want's the house.  Would that be superficial?

Did you read the part in the OP about her having no kids?  That aint baby fat.  That is lazy fat from changing her lifestyle.  

Also, I guess I am lucky that nobody on either side of my family has gone bald, so I don't have to worry about that, and with my field of employment being physical therapy, fitness is a very big part of my life.  I wouldn't want to share my life with someone who didn't feel the same way.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]
For better or worse until death do us part.

ETA she is 117
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I dated a girl who started out super skinny, two years later she had gained about 80 lbs.  I had zero desire to have sex.  Her while lifestyle lacked care though, let her finances go to shit, didn't take care of her place, job performance was bad.

Obviously there was a depression connection but after being unable to have any impact/motivation I dropped her.  Not literally, though I probably couldn't carry her..
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
what does she do all day?
View Quote

Sits AROUND the house Probably knows how to cook though
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Before we got married, I told my husband that I expected him to maintain his appearance.  If he got fat or all old and wrinkly, his ass was going on the curb.

Haven't changed much.  Of course, I never was much to look at.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#11]
part of loving someone is loving yourself enough to care of yourself.  

If you don't care for yourself, you don't care for the other person in the relationship.

Eject if she does not take care of herself, not for you but for herself.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Whoosh!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoosh!

Goddammit, you didn't give me time to set the fuckin' hook.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Nope...why should I?  she is the greatest...
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
This situation is not even part of "for better or for worse", it's part of normal.

Most women (and most men) put on a few pounds and stop looking as hot as they did when they were younger.

I feel sorry for those that marry solely for looks, it's almost certain to not end well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Not married, but long term serious relationship.

Our relationship started with physical activity. We are adventure buddies. If she decided to just stop being athletic and get fat or lazy or whatever, I'd bail.

Not because she got fat (although fatties are disgusting) but because she's no longer capable of doing the things that brought us together and keep things interesting.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a marriage based on more than superficial BS so I would stay wit her, anyone who would leave their partner because they gained some weight isnt worth keeping around.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#17]
No.  My wife has put on 40+ pounds since we got married & I love her more now than ever before, love doesn't care about someone's weight.

But....... that's just me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I told my wife, "If you get bugger than a size 4, pack your bags.  I ain't staying with a fatty."
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nope.

She wouldn't leave me if I let myself go.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.

She wouldn't leave me if I let myself go.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Wife and I have a commitment to stay in shape, eat healthy, and be physically active.  She works 60-100hrs./wk and still keeps it together.  I have always looked at it as it is my responsibility to set the tenor of the house(lead by example) so I make sure I am in excellent shape.  Kids are also on board.  Young ones, but good habits start early.

I would leave her if she blew up and didn't get it under control.  Said so from early on.  The weight gain would have a very high probability of being a symptom of an underlying issue; be it psych(most likely) or medical.  There are truly very, very few reasons someone can legitimately blame weight gain on sources out of their control.  The weight gain would simply be an indicator of another issue.  If unresolvable due to reasons within her control, then I would most likely eventually leave.  Who I am at the essence is an active person and I want someone to share my life and lifestyle with.  I like being physically and mentally fit.  I want a wife that feels the same way.  And I have one now.  If that changed, then I may have to make a change.  I simply don't think I could be attracted to a non-fit woman and the fallout from that would probably mean divorce.  I couldn't be the husband and father I should be if I am continuously unhappy.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope. I'll die before I leave her. I believe in my commitments.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Not a chance, no way, no how.  My promise to her and Him shall not be broken.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah, it would be superficial.  Quid pro quo. What if you weighed 195, 3% body fat when you met her on the mountain bike trail, fifteen years and two kids later which she had with you and both working to support those kids and give them a good upbringing; you gained another twenty five pounds if you're normal and so did she, you've taken on a second chin and lost your hair and are lucky if you have one day to yourself to mow the lawn, fire up the Green Egg and invite some friends over for a barbecue and a beer.  You keep a fridge in the garage because you've developed a taste for beer.  

Your wife tells you you're not 195lbs. anymore, you've let yourself go plus now you're bald.  And your back is now hairy. Adios, m'fkr, her lawyer will be in touch and btw, she want's the house.  Would that be superficial?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Superficial?  

Your situation is irrelevant - OP specifies no kids. She just got lazy and fat.

What if you married a nice, conservative girl, then she went full libtard and wanted you to get rid of your guns and got pissed every time you bought a box of ammo?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Ehhhh...

I'd encourage her to get back in shape, but I can't see leaving the woman I love just because she gained weight.

Now if she didn't do anything but sit on her ass sucking down ice cream and taking naps we'd have to have a serious discussion.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#26]
EJECT !
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#27]
No, but the things that come with it would slowly push me away.

In all honesty I'd probably find some on the side if it got to that

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I really is about for better or worse.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoosh!

I think you still have time.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#30]
oh and:

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#31]
The beauty of trolling on facebook is looking up all the hotties from days gone by.  Time is unkind.  The fond memories are in some cases unrecognizable.....  Most aren't close to what they were in any respect.

I think a lot of you guys are a little too into this ideal, ala the Shallow Hal theme.  

Nature takes it's course, people are odd and otherwise unique.  Some have bad metabolism, others have bad habits.  There are a lot of skinny chicks with no teeth thanks to meth - go for them?  Whatever ideal you are clinging to is going to leave your grasp over time.  Even you are going to fade.  I suppose you aren't going to age well mentally if not physically if you don't come to terms with this.  

I'm not trying to be a dick but shit happens in all sorts of different ways.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What if you married a nice, conservative girl, then she went full libtard and wanted you to get rid of your guns and got pissed every time you bought a box of ammo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Superficial?  

Then she is breaking her promise to obey and honor.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn Mischa Barton was hot, what happened to her.

Guess theres always Rachel Bilson.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Your shadow weighs a ton, while driving down the 101. California here we come.
View Quote

so many feels

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Did you make him botox his balls?

In all seriousness, if someone bases their marriage on physical appearance then their marriage is doomed from day one.  I love my wife no matter what she looks like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you make him botox his balls?

In all seriousness, if someone bases their marriage on physical appearance then their marriage is doomed from day one.  I love my wife no matter what she looks like.

Mrs. O lost weight, I gained it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, and she would know this before the marriage. Please the King or gtfo.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Eject.......
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Superficial?  

Also known as slowing down.  

Going full libtard and getting older are two different things.  A woman that did a 180 mentally would be a choice on her part, not a normal physical progression with age which is out of her control.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#39]
my wife doesn't want to get in shape but i stay, drives me nuts
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#40]
No I wouldn't leave her.  

If you were to leave her, would the next woman in you life stay with you if say came down with cancer?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
part of loving someone is loving yourself enough to care of yourself.  

If you don't care for yourself, you don't care for the other person in the relationship.

Eject if she does not take care of herself, not for you but for herself.
View Quote

Pretty much this! And there's a difference between someone putting on a little extra because of age, or after the birth of a child versus letting one's self go completely.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Going full libtard and getting older are two different things.  A woman that did a 180 mentally would be a choice on her part, not a normal physical progression with age which is out of her control.
View Quote

Slowing down? Bullshit. You make a choice to sit on your ass all day and stuff your face. Exercising less is one thing, but you can adjust your caloric intake to not whale up. There is no excuse for getting that fat.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, at 28 years old and no kids she shouldn't be slowing down to whale status quite yet.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#44]
If you answered yes, you married for the wrong reasons.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
5 Years ago, you married a woman who looked like this:

http://media.mademan.com/chickipedia/uploaded_photos/6/6c/Mischa_Barton-lips-sexy-lovely-eyes-babe-chicki-young-stunning_thumb_585x795.jpg

Now she looks like this:

http://www.sickchirpse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mischa-Barton-Fat.jpg

All the while, you've stayed in shape. She blames it on genetics and goes batshit every time you mention eating healthier or going to the gym.

You've never had kids together and she stays at home all day.

What is your course of action?
View Quote

No, I wouldn't leave my wife. I made a vow.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yep
View Quote

Yea, no shit.

Love is. <<<<<That's a period for those that don't understand.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Slowing down? Bullshit. You make a choice to sit on your ass all day and stuff your face. Exercising less is one thing, but you can adjust your caloric intake to not whale up. There is no excuse for getting that fat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP's woman filling out as she gets older as opposed to sitting on her ass all day stuffing her face isn't bullshit, it's a fact of life. Live long enough and you'll see.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No I wouldn't leave her.  

If you were to leave her, would the next woman in you life stay with you if say came down with cancer?
View Quote

Being a flat out lard ass and having cancer are two totally different stories. One you have control over, the other you don't.

Spending an hour a day counting calories and getting a little exercise is all it would take. But honestly, you don't even need to exercise to drop pounds, it's all about what you eat.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

No, mine has gained 20lbs per kid  and hasn't lost it while I am fit. For better or worse
View Quote
Mine did that and at 39 she up and got back down to 120

She just asked me one day is she was fat and I said yes

In 4 months she was back to 120

She's 44 and 5' 3" and 130lbs

I'm 6' 2" and 180 at 46yrs old

No excuse for being out of shape unless you have some

Horrible health issues
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#50]
No, it's not a biblical reason for divorce.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top