Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/27/2015 2:51:26 PM EDT
Has the Majority Leader denied that any of that happened?

Is the GOP pissed because he let the cat out of the bag and didn't STFU like all the other cowards on the (R) aisle in the Senate?

Why don't more people give a shit?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I like Ted Cruz and I would vote for him.  I am not sure he can overcome the GOP 'establishment', they hate him more than the Democrats do.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
After reading your informative link I know exactly what you are talking about and have decided to add my position to your thread.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Why people don't give a shit? I'll tell you one of the reasons why. My coworker just told me all about the Taylor Swift, Nikki Manaj Twitter drama and how other "stars" got in on it and picked sides. As soon as she was done explaining it to me I asked her who was the Speaker of the House. Blank face and she admitted that she didn't know.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After reading your informative link I know exactly what you are talking about and have decided to add my position to your thread.
View Quote

You seriously don't know what he is talking about?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is the GOP pissed because he let the cat out of the bag and didn't STFU like all the other cowards on the (R) aisle in the Senate?

View Quote

Because incrementalism.

We've slowly been conditioned to accept that we are ruled, not governed.

Ask any number of your republican friends how they feel about the .gov listening to their phone conversations, reading their texts and emails, and I'd wager that most will say something along the lines "if you're not doing anything wrong/i have nothing to hide, or I don't give a shit about that."

Most people don't understand how the fucking the .gov is giving them actually affects their lives.  They don't understand that they're supposed to have the power, not the .gov.

I guess the best way to sum it up is, most people don't give a shit as long as they have on demand necessities and entertainment.

ETA: And those of us who do understand how its supposed to work, are to cowardly to stand up and fight.  I hope that changes soon though, because the longer this shit drags on, the weaker our side is going to get.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why people don't give a shit? I'll tell you one of the reasons why. My coworker just told me all about the Taylor Swift, Nikki Manaj Twitter drama and how other "stars" got in on it and picked sides. As soon as she was done explaining it to me I asked her who was the Speaker of the House. Blank face and she admitted that she didn't know.
View Quote

Sad,but unfortunately true way too much.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Piss poor hill for Cruz to die on IMHO and die he will when future committee assignments are made.

After calling a man a liar where else are you going to go? McConnell is the leader so he calls the balls and strikes as far as how Bills will be handled, not the junior senator from TX.

Cruz's butt-hurt vitriol would have been better spent on building support among like-minded Senate GOPers to oust McConnell. Lord knows he needs to go.

It just proved to me that Cruz is not ready for prime time.....Not that I ever had any questions about that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope Ted does not apologize, he and every other Senator need to kick Harry umm I mean Mitch in the teeth for not allowing time to read the bill.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
If I were a US Senator and someone made a statement to me that was so monumental it influenced the way I was going to vote I'd have gone to that person or their office and asked for the statement in writing if they wanted my vote. If I didn't get written assurances I'd either abstain or vote against the measure.  When people speak with one another sometimes there can be miscommunications it doesn't always necessarily mean someone intended to be untruthful.

Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment was "Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Republican." I think that's good advice. There is a way to handle things and there is a way NOT to handle things. Going to the press and pulling a "he said, she said" argument is pretty worthless frankly.  

I don't think the Majority Leader is a bad guy or a RINO.  He's doing the best he can under the circumstances, which haven't been ideal for Republican since 2006.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Because "I'm voting for Hillary! It's about time we had a woman president!"
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe I'm missing something, but the only thing I got out of Cruz's rant is that he didn't read the bill before he voted for it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Cruz did the right thing and now he's going to pay for it.
However there may be a silver lining in this for Cruz.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I, too, have no idea what the hell you people are talking about.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too, please enlighten us.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Because they are waiting to hear it from Trump.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Barack Obama duh.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#17]
The key to knowledge is not in the ability to understand what someone has told you but the ability to seek out and discover the things they have not.

For those too lazy to google, Senator Cruz went on the Senate floor and called Mitch McConnella liar because he lied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWgFoVI4JU

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/07/24/ted-cruz-calls-mitch-mcconnell-a-liar-on-the-senate-floor/

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like Ted Cruz and I would vote for him.  I am not sure he can overcome the GOP 'establishment', they hate him more than the Democrats do.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/24/senate-floor-ted-cruz-explodes-on-mitch-mcconnell-says-he-lied-to-entire-republican-conference/
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I were a US Senator and someone made a statement to me that was so monumental it influenced the way I was going to vote I'd have gone to that person or their office and asked for the statement in writing if they wanted my vote. If I didn't get written assurances I'd either abstain or vote against the measure.  When people speak with one another sometimes there can be miscommunications it doesn't always necessarily mean someone intended to be untruthful.

Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment was "Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Republican." I think that's good advice. There is a way to handle things and there is a way NOT to handle things. Going to the press and pulling a "he said, she said" argument is pretty worthless frankly.  

I don't think the Majority Leader is a bad guy or a RINO.  He's doing the best he can under the circumstances, which haven't been ideal for Republican since 2006.
View Quote

I hope you are a well paid shill.  How does that .gov/corporate boot taste?

........something about majorities in both chambers...............blah, blah
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thought everyone who was paying attention knew what went down.

T'was on the Senate floor
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Piss poor hill for Cruz to die on IMHO and die he will when future committee assignments are made.

After calling a man a liar where else are you going to go? McConnell is the leader so he calls the balls and strikes as far as how Bills will be handled, not the junior senator from TX.

Cruz's butt-hurt vitriol would have been better spent on building support among like-minded Senate GOPers to oust McConnell. Lord knows he needs to go.

It just proved to me that Cruz is not ready for prime time.....Not that I ever had any questions about that.
View Quote

You're are so right because the past six years have been working so well with the likes of Boehner and McConnell as Republican leadership //sarcasm off//  

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

To be honest his behavior was something I would expect from FBHO or one of his minions.

Cruz acted in a petulant/peevish manner.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Worse.

They are now saying Cruz "violated the rules of the Senate:"

"I think it was outside the realm of Senate behavior," said Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, who has clashed with Cruz in the past. "I would never contemplate going to the floor of the Senate and impugning the integrity of another senator. Just not something we do here. I really think it was a very wrong thing to do."

"Squabbling and sanctimony may be tolerated in other venues -- or perhaps on the campaign trail -- but they have no place among colleagues in the United States Senate," warned Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah in a lengthy floor speech reprimanding Cruz.

As President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Hatch was tasked by GOP leaders with formally responding to the caustic nature of Cruz's speech on Friday, which many believe violated a Senate rule against impugning the integrity of a fellow senator.

"I would have to say he's mistaken," said Sen. John Cornyn, the number two GOP senator and the senior senator from Texas."

CNN

It would appear that telling the truth in the Senate chamber is a violation of the "Rules." Why am I not surprised?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

To be honest his behavior was something I would expect from FBHO or one of his minions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

The liberals and statists are sure coming out of the woodwork on here lately
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#27]
If you don't understand by now that the political elite in this country are only in this for themselves you're not paying attention.  
It appears that everything happening in this country right now is to protect them from you.  

Fuck em all.

ETA: Everyone knew McConnell was a dickhead to begin with----still is.  

I
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he had done it any other way, no one would know about it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Two words: Thad Cochran
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Highlighted in red is where you are grossly mistaken.  Let me give you an example:  Just a few short months ago Loretta Lynch was up for confirmation for AG.  All Mitch McConnell had to do was to sit in the Oval Office and explain to the current piece of fecal debris that occupies the aforementioned office that there will be NO hearings on Ms. Lynch's nomination until Hilary Clinton's email server was turned over to SPECIAL PROSECUTER Trey Gowdy.  Mitch McConnell is not doing the best that he can - He is in on it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Caught a snipped on the news this morning about how he could be facing sanctions of some sort for violating the code of ethics. Apparently "questioning integrity" is a rules violation.
Lying apparently is not.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Caught a snipped on the news this morning about how he could be facing sanctions of some sort for violating the code of ethics. Apparently "questioning integrity" is a rules violation.
Lying apparently is not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lying apparently is not.

Funny, our spineless GOP won't go after Obama's scandals and unlawful violations but they will take swift action against Cruz
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For speaking out against the establishment fucktards?

If he hadn't done it on the Senate floor, it would have been completely ignored.

Look who is running to the turtle's defense: McCain, Hatch and Cornyn.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Funny, our spineless GOP won't go after Obama's scandals and unlawful violations but they will take swift action against Cruz
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lying apparently is not.

I've seen less corrupt governments in Africa.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

And?  This is nothing new.....you guys always act like this kind of ignorance is some new phenomenon.

As to the comments by Cruz, it's pure political grandstanding. He is quickly becoming irrelevant in the GOP race and needed something to get his name in the paper. Out of all the back room shit that goes on, this is where he makes his stand and is suddenly appalled enough to air their dirty laundry on the Senate floor?

Hey, I like Cruz.  I agree with his comments and am glad he spoke up.  But that doesn't mean I can't see exactly where they are coming from and why.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If he hadn't done it on the Senate floor, it would have been completely ignored.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what changed after that performance to gain one point in his primary standings? I'll tell you what, a big fat nothing.

If anything the peevish mother fucker just cemented McConnell in his leadership position for as long as McConnell cares to hold on to it....Great work there Cruz.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Lying apparently is not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lying apparently is not.

There are certain unwritten rules in Politics that he broke, and they are at the core of what is wrong with this country. Why else do you think the Republicans have done nothing to stop Obama, or why if Jeb gets elected he will not overturn a single Obama Executive Order. That is why the Establishment do not care which Party is currently in power. Don't think for a second that anyone other than Jeb will get the nomination, RNC would never let anyone who is not firmly Establishment get near the nomination. Same thing on the Democrat side, it will Hillary if she does not implode, or another Establishment Dem, there are rumblings of Biden running now that Hildog looks to be in trouble.

We will get more bread and circuses to entertain us while the ruling class does their dealing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#38]
For those that think Cruz isn't going after the establishment, this book was released on June 30th:

From Amazon:

"In the Senate, I've tried to do two things: tell the truth, and do what I said I would do. We should expect that from every single elected official.

Washington D.C. desperately needs leaders who aren't afraid to tell the truth. And Ted Cruz tells the truth—about political collusion, a corrupted legislative process, and the bureaucratic barriers to actually fixing the enormous challenges we face. Cruz's truth-telling habit hasn't made him popular in Washington. But it has earned him millions of supporters nationwide.

Since his election to the Senate in 2012, Ted Cruz has refused to go along with the established way of doing business in Washington. In A Time for Truth, the outspoken Texas Senator tells his story for the first time—the story of a Cuban immigrant's son who made it to the Ivy League, to the Supreme Court bar, and eventually to the U.S. Senate. It's a deeply personal journey that begins with Cruz's father's experience of brutality in a Cuban prison and ends with Cruz's discovery that Washington has neither the courage nor the desire to do what is needed to preserve the freedom and opportunities that gave hope to his father and millions like him.

Cruz discusses his role in the 2000 recount, helping to elect a president he respects—and whom he would have to stand up to a few short years later when he served as the solicitor general of Texas. He provides a behind-the-scenes look at his remarkable grassroots campaign for the U.S. Senate. And he reveals the true story behind his twenty-one-hour Senate filibuster, where he gave the most famous bedtime reading of Green Eggs and Ham in history.

Pulling back the curtain on the backroom deals in Congress between Republicans, Democrats, and the lobbyists who keep them in office—instead of keeping them accountable—Cruz offers an inside look at what has gone so very wrong in our nation's capital. But he also makes an optimistic case that by reestablishing the principles of our founders, the opportunities for our citizens, and our unique place in the world, we can reignite the promise of America for generations to come.

A Time for Truth is sharp, funny, and honest.

What Cruz reveals will win him few friends in Washington. Then again, that isn't why he went there in the first place."

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Rand Paul is being fucked by Mitchy poo too. He wont allow an amendment onto the "road bill" to stop tax funding of Planned parenthood.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And what changed after that performance to gain one point in his primary standings? I'll tell you what, a big fat nothing.

If anything the peevish mother fucker just cemented McConnell in his leadership position for as long as McConnell cares to hold on to it....Great work there Cruz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, he should just go along with Mitch & Company?

Cruz got a $15 Million donation to his super-pac on Saturday from 2 brothers in Texas - the day after his behaviour that seems to have offended you.

I guess calling out Mitch for the bag of scum that he is does indeed pay.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
For those that think Cruz isn't going after the establishment, this book was released on June 30th:

https://www.tedcruz.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/book1.png

View Quote

Just started it this morning. The introduction immediately launches into an attack on establishment republicans. Looking forward to seeing how far he goes with it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Rand Paul is being fucked by Mitchy poo too. He wont allow an amendment onto the "road bill" to stop tax funding of Planned parenthood.
View Quote

Maybe Randy-poo shouldn't have supported the turtle then.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd like to see Cruz beat McConnell and McCain's asses with his gold headed cane.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#44]
People on this board get upset and call people out over stolen pressure washers but it's not OK to call out a liar whose lies cost trillions of dollars of tax payer money.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz's behavior is what every true conservative should have been doing for the last 25 years. Very few Republicans refuse to fight for conservative ideals once elected and just become status quo Washington RINOcrat zombies. Many of us rage about the lack of guts and fight in the Republican Party and Cruz has it. Cruz acted like a PATRIOT not unlike many of founding fathers of our country.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no fucking idea either.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
People on this board get upset and call people out over stolen pressure washers but it's not OK to call out a liar whose lies cost trillions of dollars of tax payer money.
View Quote

Ironic isn't it...  

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Sent another Donation Ted's way.

The idea of giving money to politicians usually makes me sick to my stomach.  But, I really want to see him embarrass the hell out of Hillary and usher in a new age of conservatism.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell, they hate him more than Democrats, with whom the seem to have not even a mild disagreement.  

Given the Senate votes the last few days, we may as well have not had an election in 2014... the votes turn out no differently.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top