BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/27/2015 12:05:14 PM EDT
Exodus from Puerto Rico could upend Florida vote in 2016 presidential race

Puerto Rico exodus could mess Florida vote

With the mass exodus of Boricuas from the island due to economic issues, the voting patterns in Florida will never be Conservative on National Elections ever again. They aren't moving to NYC anymore. They're settling in Central Florida. The I-4 Corridor was the PR epicenter in Florida until Brazilians overtook them. But the return of economic misery in PR changed that. Boricuas are moving in huge numbers to FL for economic opportunities.

They will tip the scales towards Democrats along with the Miami Cubans youth reaching voting age.

The Republican Florida is done on a National Level. On State level issues.... It will take a bit longer.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the settlers from Commiefornia repopulating Colorado, Wyoming, and Texas . . . screw up your location bad enough to move, then re-start the process somewhere where it isn't screwed up
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
That's right.  And 1/5th of El.Salvador now lives in the USA mostly in VA which will never vote conservative again.  But don't vote for
Trump.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

With the mass exodus of Boricuas from the island due to economic issues, the voting patterns in Florida will never be Conservative on National Elections ever again. They aren't moving to NYC anymore. They're settling in Central Florida. The I-4 Corridor was the PR epicenter in Florida until Brazilians overtook them. But the return of economic misery in PR changed that. Boricuas are moving in huge numbers to FL for economic opportunities.

They will tip the scales towards Democrats along with the Miami Cubans youth reaching voting age.

The Republican Florida is done on a National Level. On State level issues.... It will take a bit longer.

View Quote

All the New Yorkers down here is also not much help.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like the settlers from Commiefornia repopulating Colorado, Wyoming, and Texas . . . screw up your location bad enough to move, then re-start the process somewhere where it isn't screwed up
View Quote
Pretty much....

Both States are controlled by major liberal population centers even though the majority of both States geographically are Conservative. The issue with that is that the game is numbers and not land.

Florida will go through a interesting change in the next twenty years.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Has nothing to do with the article, but i love spanish woman.

That is all.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The NYers aren't the biggest influx. It is the Miami Cuban youth reaching voting age and influx of Boricuas that will tip the scales. The NYers are a much smaller percentage than what you think.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
That's why we need to dump the electoral college and go straight up popular vote. You have all the trash in NYC dictating what way the rest of the state will go. It's bullshit. Let every vote count.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's why we need to dump the electoral college and go straight up popular vote. You have all the trash in NYC dictating what way the rest of the state will go. It's bullshit. Let every vote count.
View Quote

Negative. County by county, as voter registrations are handled now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#9]
What amazes me is hispanic culture is really very conservative and due to perception they seem to vote against their own values.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Combined with all of the New Yawkers, Florida will probably resemble California in 15 years
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Boricuas are moving in huge numbers to FL for economic opportunities.
View Quote

Sounds like if the R's did what they are supposed to do economically they could have a huge influx of voters instead of a huge influx of opponents.  Alas they are too busy with social issues and ain't got time for that.  More important to define legitimate rape and gripe about gay marriage.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Once Florida and Texas go, that's all folks!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#14]
We have zero use for the electoral college.  We need to move to direct voting where each vote counts not just the majority in each state.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Ohio has seen the same thing.  Cities like Columbus and Cincinnati used to go Republican (or at least, mostly so), as little as 5-10 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Virginia is in for it too.

The Dems were worried about the election after Barry, looks like they managed to repopulate just enough people to secure a Democratic win for the rest of our lives
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We should have let PR become their own country a long time ago.
View Quote

Have to convince Puerto Ricans to want it, first.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#18]
       Once Florida and Texas go, that's all folks
View Quote

god, i cant believe i am actually typing this.

\deep breath/ Maybe, its time for conservatives to.. move to Texas.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What amazes me is hispanic culture is really very conservative and due to perception they seem to vote against their own values.
View Quote

I think there are several things going on with this.

1) Though hispanics are individually very conservative, they tend to come from collectivist / communist societies.  It's all they know.
2) Democrat vote buying schemes have largely been working.
3) The media smears republicans as racist because they have the audacity to suggest that the damned law be enforced.
4) Hispanics tend to be socially conservative, but don't really believe that the dems will do them harm on that front.

The situation with hispanics voting D will continue to obtain until they are the majority, and then the .gov decides to love them tenderly in terms of taxation.

This may not apply to Texas, where the hispanics seem to be different, at least to me.  The whole place is more different than most realize, until you spend some time there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#20]
So the rest of FL will sorta get the "feels" of a Panhandle resident now?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#21]
This article sounds like it's 20 years old.

PR's came in big waves in the 90's when Disney and other places made huge offers to these people to move here, and didn't pay. Some of the left, a lot didn't.

New Yorkers and Joisey folks and more youth voters are doing more to change the state.

The article is kinda bullshitty and out of date.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#22]
This is why I'll happily sit home on election day instead of voting for a RINO turd. The GOP has committed treason against main street America. Fuck them to the pits of hell. IF Trump or Cruz win the nomination, I might reconsider.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I'm confused. From like Pcola to almost Tallahassee is hella hard Republican.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Has nothing to do with the article, but i love spanish woman.

That is all.
View Quote

Which one?

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The promise of free stuff goes a long way to cancel out any values, Christian or otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#26]
We already have more Puerto Ricans than Puerto Rico.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
No, PR is America... should have been a Stste. Never has the Boricua population ever wantes to be independent.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#28]
meh

Me 'aiti.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#29]
But, but, but... strong family ties, religious culture, herpty, derp, derp!

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

PR's came in big waves in the 90's when Disney and other places made huge offers to these people to move here, and didn't pay. Some of the left, a lot didn't.

New Yorkers and Joisey folks and more youth voters are doing more to change the state.

View Quote
Puerto Rico was on the Virgin is still on the verge of defaulting as a government. The original movement of Puerto Ricans to Florida was minor compared to what's going on now.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm confused. From like Pcola to almost Tallahassee is hella hard Republican.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get rid of Tallahassee and the panhandle would be solid red.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget Gadsden County.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm currently in Central Florida, and I've seen more people using Puerto Rican identity documents (who can't speak English) in the last few months than I have in years.  They used to get Florida documentation; not any more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Low information voters dont care.  They like slogans.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Republicans have only won the popular vote once out of the last six presidential elections.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#36]
My entire family of Inlaws are moving from PR to FL due to the economic issues and the pending default.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We already have more Puerto Ricans than Puerto Rico.  
View Quote

Truth.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

No idea what you are trying to say... the fl panhandle is one of the most lopsidedly Republican locations in the US.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

No idea what you are trying to say... the fl panhandle is one of the most lopsidedly Republican locations in the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And less populated areas of the State....

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its actually pretty awesome. Fucking redneck riviera. The emerald coast is one of the better places to live.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I'm trying man. Already got one baby mama.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Mrs. Miami_JBT and I are working on it too. I'm in Miami at the moment but work can send me back north.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you sure about that?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#44]
This is the democrat plan. Move voters from solid blue areas to red states.

Look at what the whiney assholes from NY, NJ, and MD have done to VA.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We have zero use for the electoral college.  We need to move to direct voting where each vote counts not just the majority in each state.
View Quote

Are you nuts?

Without the electoral college it would be mob rule, those major liberal cities would be all that counted, the rest of the country would get screwed.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is why I'll happily sit home on election day instead of voting for a RINO turd. The GOP has committed treason against main street America. Fuck them to the pits of hell. IF Trump or Cruz win the nomination, I might reconsider.
View Quote

You seem to be implying this is an "immigration" issue.....when it's clearly not.  

Puerto Ricans are US citizens...the same as you and I.  They (and us) can move freely between the states and island whenever they choose and can decide to move to any state they like....they are also fully eligible to vote if they move to the states.  You know, because they are citizens.

They are not going to become an independent state.  They have held several referendums and overwhelmingly voted to become a US state.  If anything changes, it will be in the direction of statehood.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huge Catholic bloc. But they vote for a collectivized type of government for benefits. Have conservative values on things like family and gay issues. A lot of the liberation theology had it's roots in the Jesuit and Franciscan missionary ideology.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. Direct democracy is bad for liberty.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Once Florida and Texas go, that's all folks!
View Quote

Oklahoma is still sending Okies to Texas at a high rate to keep it from getting too liberal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top