Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/27/2015 6:03:02 AM EDT
The last couple of elections have seen the Republicans here calling for libertarians and independents to hold their nose and vote for the GOP candidate instead of voting for Ron Paul (or any other third party candidate).

At the moment, Trump leads the GOP field according to this CNN article.

While I don't expect he'll end up in the general election, this does make me wonder: if Trump ended up as the GOP candidate in November, 2016, would Arfcom's Republicans hold their noses and vote for him as the lesser of two evils as they have urged people to do for RINO candidates John McCain and Mitt Romney?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The last couple of elections have seen the Republicans here calling for libertarians and independents to hold their nose and vote for the GOP candidate instead of voting for Ron Paul (or any other third party candidate).

At the moment, Trump leads the GOP field in this CNN poll.

While I don't expect he'll end up in the general election, this does make me wonder: if Trump ended up as the GOP candidate in November, 2016, would Arfcom's Republicans hold their noses and vote for him as the lesser of two evils as they have urged people to do for RINO candidates John McCain and Mitt Romney?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:06:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell no, and I didn't vote for McCain or Romney, either.  But as I've said before, my vote doesn't matter, even if I had thousands of votes to my name.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hell no, and I didn't vote for McCain or Romney, either.  But as I've said before, my vote doesn't matter, even if I had thousands of votes to my name.
View Quote

Hillary and Obama appreciate it
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#4]
He's got my primary vote
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#6]

My vote wouldn't matter anyway, but I would definitely vote against Hillary.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:11:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump is ideologically on the same side.  And no, they don't care about my vote, because my vote does not matter.  I could vote 100,000 times and not change the outcome.  In statewide votes, for a Rightist, voting is pretty much futile.  I only bother to keep my active voter status or because there are more local races where my vote actually might, just barely, count for something (but probably not).
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the moment, Trump leads the GOP field in this CNN poll.

http://s13.postimg.org/yhv5tn92f/image.jpg

While the accuracy of CNN's article is irrelevant to the question posed in the OP, I have changed the wording to reflect the data you have posted and more accurately represent what's at the link.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#9]
They HAVE to be shitting their pants right now.

ALL OF THEM.

Both sides... totally freaking out.

The house of cards is tumbling down.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Not doing it. I'm sick of politicians in the back room, cutting deals. Trump is a deal making MF'er if there ever was one. No more "reaching across the aisle". Fuck you, stop compromising everything away one "deal" at a time.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yup
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quit regurgitating that crap

Look at his location and tell me how he's wrong in his statement?  Bare in mind CA hasn't voted for a republican President since Regan....
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I will be voting for Scott Walker in the primary but would vote for Trump in the general.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:45:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't follow politics too much...I'm a Californian conservative, which means my vote doesn't count for shit...

...but is this guy really being taken seriously?  He's a clown!  Is this who we really want running things?  The guy's a businessman, not a politician!

He brings what kind of experience to the table?  Why are people listening to him?  Because he has money?
Is it because he married a foreign woman, because GD can't handle American women?

...and what's she going to do?  What does our Slovenian First Lady Melanie bring to the table--First Lady branded jewelry on QVC?

This is...preposterous.    

I'll never vote for him.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:48:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't follow politics too much...I'm a Californian conservative, which means my vote doesn't count for shit...

...but is this guy really being taken seriously?  He's a clown!  Is this who we really want running things?  The guy's a businessman, not a politician!

He brings what kind of experience to the table?  Why are people listening to him?  Because he has money?
Is it because he married a foreign woman, because GD can't handle American women?

...and what's she going to do?  What does First Lady Melanie bring to the table--First Lady branded jewelry on QVC?

This is...preposterous.    

I'll never vote for him.  

View Quote

Are you serious?  We need a politician?  Not a business man...
ETA: what experience did the jug eared fool bring? None! Look how its going,  wow.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#18]
The only person I will vote for is an exact clone of myself.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

ETA: what experience did the jug eared fool bring? None! Look how its going,  wow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and what's she going to do?  What does First Lady Melanie bring to the table--First Lady branded jewelry on QVC?

This is...preposterous.    

I'll never vote for him.  

I'm confused.  Your tone suggests you don't like what I say, but your statement says you absolutely agree.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#20]
One thing I do like about Trump is that he's scaring the living shit out of BOTH parties.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Yup
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Why am I not surprised so many would be foolish to vote for someone that would support an assault weapons ban?

Edit, Shows how Boehner got the job.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:02:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I would do it without holding my nose. It's the other GOP candidates that stink.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:03:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm confused.  Your tone suggests you don't like what I say, but your statement says you absolutely agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He brings what kind of experience to the table? Why are people listening to him?  Because he has money?

This is...preposterous.    

I'll never vote for him.  

Trump brings bona fide  executive experience to the table; the President is the Chief Executive.

His negotiating experience also would serve this country well.

Better than Obama's and Kerry's don't you think.

Ronald Reagan was an actor; of what possible use would his skills bring to the Presidency?......(rhetorical question)
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ALL OF THEM.

View Quote

Not true.  The Democrats LOVE Trump.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ALL OF THEM.

But but but CNN makes it out like they hate him!  So we love him!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Absolutely, just the man we need.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

That pictured just changed my mind
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...but is this guy really being taken seriously?  Yes, until he blows it He's a clown! Is he? Seems more like a straight talker Is this who we really want running things?  The guy's a businessman, not a politician! Polls have shown that many people regret not voting for Romney because he was a business man and probably would have been better for the economy than a jug eared community organizer

He brings what kind of experience to the table?   Oh none at all, career politicians are so experienced Why are people listening to him?  Because he has money? Why do people listen to celebrities and musicians ? Would you take financial advise from a guy on a corner begging for money or a CEO?
Is it because he married a foreign woman, because GD can't handle American women? She's hot, and hot

...and what's she going to do?  What does First Lady Melanie bring to the table--First Lady branded jewelry on QVC? Probably keep her lips zipped

This is...preposterous.  To you, maybe even to me, but do you think he'll run anything worse than any other candidates?

I'll never vote for him.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Trump is ideologically on the same side.  And no, they don't care about my vote, because my vote does not matter.  I could vote 100,000 times and not change the outcome.  In statewide votes, for a Rightist, voting is pretty much futile.  I only bother to keep my active voter status or because there are more local races where my vote actually might, just barely, count for something (but probably not).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your vote doesn't matter because you're not using it. I don't give a shit how liberal your state is, you'll never change it by not voting against them. Your one vote might not mean much, but when 500,000 other people are thinking the same thing it does. 4 million people like you stayed home the last election and gave us Obama for another four.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#34]
say whatever it takes to get elected
do whatever you please once you are
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Lets put it this way I would vote for any of the republicans

Except

Jeb Bush
Krispy Kreem
That limp wrist waist from sc whats his name  Lindsey graham
and might not vote for
Santorum from Pennsylvania
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ALL OF THEM.

Who do you believe will be the Democratic Party's Candidate?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yup
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Would we really have a choice?    That, vote for hillary or stay home, which is like giving hillary half a vote.  Repubs have been banking on that shit for years.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Hell yes.  
I am antiestablishment.  He is a politician but a much different politician than what the others are
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#42]
I wouldn't be voting for Trump, I would be voting against Hillary.

Cruze is the man.

Just don't think he has near enough support.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:57:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
One thing I do like about Trump is that he's scaring the living shit out of BOTH parties.
View Quote

Na, they will just need to vote with a few more dead people.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Fuck Hillary . That's all I really have to say.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Depends.. Against Hillary? Oh hell yes. I would vote for Adolf Hitler if he ran against Hillary.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

ALL OF THEM.

View Quote

that is the only thing that makes this entertaining.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Trump would be a shitty POTUS, but still miles ahead of Benillary O'Webb.

Whoever promises to make Trump his/her press secretary has my vote, voice, time, and money.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#48]
I'd vote for Satan if he were running against Hillary.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#49]

If I ever get cancer, I'll gladly endure chemo if it might give me a chance to live.

If the general election is any democrat vs any republican, including the GEICO Caveman, I will vote republican.

If you stay home or vote third party- you're a fucking retard.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yup
View Quote

+1

What other choice do we have?  Hillary or Sanders?  But Trump isn't going to win the primary.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top