User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guess I should throw this in there.

I'm in my late thirties, spent the last 20 years almost exclusively banging skinny 18-22 year old girls.

I'm not rich, a model or a great personality. All I have is a nice sized shredded body from body weight excercises, a pull up bar and 2 adjustable Dumbbells that gets me these girls.

What the fuck is all the arguing going on here?

Doing anything that's not going to get you laid sounds pretty gay to me.

View Quote

this whole post is fucking stupid
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I spent the last 20 years fucking skinny bitches because they were so god damned scared of me they couldn't say no.  now what?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in my late thirties, spent the last 20 years almost exclusively banging skinny 18-22 year old girls.

I'm not rich, a model or a great personality. All I have is a nice sized shredded body from body weight excercises, a pull up bar and 2 adjustable Dumbbells that gets me these girls.

+1

As well as the narcissistic post of the year to date.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I spent the last 20 years fucking skinny bitches because they were so god damned scared of me they couldn't say no.  now what?
View Quote

So you're a rapist, good to know

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loves fuckin skinny bitches I wouldn't say no to him if I was you.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Let the jealousy flow from all

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.  Everyone on the Internet is a bodybuilding expert.  I want to see your pics before I listen to what you say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pics of OP????

put  your money where your mouth is. lets see  how ripped pushups pullups and running gets you.

This.  Everyone on the Internet is a bodybuilding expert.  I want to see your pics before I listen to what you say.

You know ponchsox never will. He acts like he's gods gift to women when he isn't posting his dating failures.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Of course not:  just look at marathon runners.
View Quote

Yeah... look at marathon runners.

High intensity cardio is the way to lose fat while maintaining muscle mass.  Sprints, circuit training, complex explosive movements, etc.

There are plenty of people who jog all the time and still look like a slobby mess.  High intensity training is far more effective with much less time invested.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Large muscle guys like to skip cardio, so they gas.  A few times I've helped friends move, I've never once thought that spending less time in the gym would have been beneficial to me in that scenario.  Actually, I've never encountered a scenario where being weaker would have helped me.

But, I've never been a professional mover.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you even lift, bro?

Pushups and running are great, but if your goal is to get stronger, you'll need to pick things up and put them down.  You aren't gaining enough strength with jogging to load a moving truck, or to haul a washing machine up three flights of stairs.  Not everyone is going to be a powerlifter with a 2500 lb total, but don't discount what an Olympic bar, some weights and some sweat will get you.

Bull fucking shit.

I worked as a mover for 5 years for Bekins and United Van Lines.

I moved Piano's and refrigerators up and down stairs and worked 10 hour days loading trucks (and then driving them) and I was 175- 180 lbs and skinny, strong)

It's technique and intelligence that will get you through 90% of lifes activities.

We had large muscle guys work for us, they would gas out after about 3 hours of real work., then be useless the rest of the day.

Large muscle guys like to skip cardio, so they gas.  A few times I've helped friends move, I've never once thought that spending less time in the gym would have been beneficial to me in that scenario.  Actually, I've never encountered a scenario where being weaker would have helped me.

But, I've never been a professional mover.

Have you ever been a professional thinker?

It depends what you do in the gym.  Making more 'free pizza wednesday' won't help.

Also, it depends what you do outside of the gym.  Push-ups and pull-ups are great ways to build strength.  So is flipping tractor tires or hauling longs.  For a lot of tasks such as hauling something heavy up many flights of steps having moderate strength and good endurance is going to aid you more than high strength and low endurance.  Also, I am sure we are all familiar with doing work where at the end we are sore because we didn't use the muscle-groups we normally use.  Heck, a pretty common saying is 'I am sore in muscles I didn't even know I had'.   While more science has been applied to gym routines and these are generally better at strengthening more muscle groups, 'gym strength' builds some muscles a lot and some muscles not much, and if it's those other ones that get used as you hoist and twist and contort as you haul the couch up the stairs, that bench press number is going to be meaningless.

Finally, TECHNIQUE is important in hauling heavy odd-shaped objects.  I think back to the days of old square TVs.  Most of the weight was in the front.  If you were smart enough to look at the box and see the arrow that designated FRONT even a 36 inch one was easy to handle.  If you were carrying weight forward even a smaller 27 inch felt like twice the work. It's simply leverage and knowing how to keep it from working against you.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pics of OP????

put  your money where your mouth is. lets see  how ripped pushups pullups and running gets you.

I'm always curious as to what people mean by "ripped", myself. I think some folks get confused.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The body builder looks great, but he's like a built '70 Cuda with a 440 hemi, and the body weight athlete is like a road track race car... the track car having the edge on agility and usefulness, the Hemi Cuda having the raw power advantage.

View Quote

a blew a hemi Cuda's doors off at BIR with my '69 Chevy Nova and a small block
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

You have a very familiar posting style.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You might be lean but you will still be weak.
View Quote

There's advanced bodyweight moves I couldn't do when I was in the 1000lb club.  Now I'm on straight calisthenics because weight lifting made me "weak" I lost my edge in simple gymnastics.

Personally I love lifting, way more than calisthenics.  But I appreciate the benefit of both.  I'll hit the weights again when I'm ready.  The bodyweight exercises should allow me to come back to the weights stronger and healthier.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yep. I knew a farmer who won the hay bale toss at the county fair every year, against guys who were twice his size. He didn't look overly strong, but he was. He was killed by a bull, and is no longer with us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you even lift, bro?

Pushups and running are great, but if your goal is to get stronger, you'll need to pick things up and put them down.  You aren't gaining enough strength with jogging to load a moving truck, or to haul a washing machine up three flights of stairs.  Not everyone is going to be a powerlifter with a 2500 lb total, but don't discount what an Olympic bar, some weights and some sweat will get you.

Bull fucking shit.

I worked as a mover for 5 years for Bekins and United Van Lines.

I moved Piano's and refrigerators up and down stairs and worked 10 hour days loading trucks (and then driving them) and I was 175- 180 lbs and skinny, strong)

It's technique and intelligence that will get you through 90% of lifes activities.

We had large muscle guys work for us, they would gas out after about 3 hours of real work., then be useless the rest of the day.

Agreed. I have some cousins who grew up on farm doing farm type shit. To this day, they don't go to the gym, haven't been on a farm in 20 years and are still some of the strongest dudes, for their build, to this day that I know. Everyone is different though, genes and body type play a big role. I've spent time doing the cardio, mat workout thing and time doing the weights things. Running, mat, calisthenics do little for my build. After years with a weightroom routine of watching my friends get big, I just got more wirey. I will never be a "big" guy. Truth be told, I'm currently an out of shape bum :-).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yep. I knew a farmer who won the hay bale toss at the county fair every year, against guys who were twice his size. He didn't look overly strong, but he was. He was killed by a bull, and is no longer with us.
Was a guy where I grew up, considered strongest guy around.  He never set a foot in a gym.  Don't think he did any pushups or pullups either, his strength came from lifting things in the real world.

When it was time to separate the farrowing sow from the piglets, he'd literally grab her and lift her over the 3.5 foot pen walls.  Most farrowing sows are right at 500lbs.  Mommas don't like to be separated from the babies.  The guy had HUGE arms, but you'd be able to find even bigger arms at a Mr Universe competition.  None of those Mr Universe guys would have been able to do that, and would have keeled over 1 hour after the start of his workday.  The biggest best crossfitters I'd expect to do better, but they'd still keel over half way throught the day.  

It doesn't have to be a gym that gets you fit.  Gyms and exercises within will never 100% duplicate the variety and kind of muscle-work that actual hard-labor does.  The whole idea behind crossfit is that typical gym lifting was one-dimensional and not very 'real world' and crossfit moves it much further along that spectrum, but it's not 100%.  Not everyone who wants to be fit can put a farm in their back yard and start tossing sows, nor can they start mining coal with hand tools, etc.  So doing crossfit in the gym is the best fit for them.  Just don't think that there are no other options for being very strong in all sorts of muscle groups and being across-the-board fit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do you even lift, bro?

Pushups and running are great, but if your goal is to get stronger, you'll need to pick things up and put them down.  You aren't gaining enough strength with jogging to load a moving truck, or to haul a washing machine up three flights of stairs. Not everyone is going to be a powerlifter with a 2500 lb total, but don't discount what an Olympic bar, some weights and some sweat will get you.
View Quote

I can count the number of times I've been to the gym on one hand, have never done cardio and I do that shit for a living.

Up until last month (May actually) I was pretty ripped and I ate and drank whatever I want.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There's advanced bodyweight moves I couldn't do when I was in the 1000lb club.  Now I'm on straight calisthenics because weight lifting made me "weak" I lost my edge in simple gymnastics.

Personally I love lifting, way more than calisthenics.  But I appreciate the benefit of both.  I'll hit the weights again when I'm ready.  The bodyweight exercises should allow me to come back to the weights stronger and healthier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check out the Frank Medrano And the Simonster videos, some stuff in there the get big crowd will never be able to do.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#19]
next time I need my windows washed while hanging from the gutters I'll make sure and give them a call.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Is OP the guy that shows up at the gym to do body weight exercises?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#21]

She's not so bad except for a bit flat chested
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#22]
OP isn't wrong in that those exercises can get you ripped, as in very little body fat.  But so can meth.  

If you want to be strong/build muscle, you have to lift heavy things.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#23]
100 pushups and situps 3 times a day + 5 mile bike ride. Not really ripped but not a slob.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Thread needs more motivation.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#25]
It's super annoying when dudes like the OP make a very bold claim that flies in the face of what a LOT of people know, and have experienced, and is professionally recognized.

THEN DON'T POST PICS TO PROVE THEIR BS.

I bet the OP's "ripped" is just low body fat if anything.  Running doesn't do shit for getting ripped.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#26]
lol

Please post your definition of "ripped".

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
high protein diet and framing houses six days a week

worked for me in my twenties
View Quote

Concrete work, high protein, six days a week works for me in my late 30s.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the 1000 lb club? Bench + squat? If so,my hats legit!

Surely not the big 3 total?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All the garbage I could stuff in my face at every available time, Marine Infantry...  Worked for me in my 20's...

Not so much in college in my 30s.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

For anything practical in life, running, pull ups and push ups will make you stronger than 97% of the population.

Lifting weights and getting stronger with that only makes you stronger at lifting weights which will give you a 1% advantage over the push up guy.

and usually, the push up guy will have less injuries to contend with and will likely be more flexible and agile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For anything practical in life, running, pull ups and push ups will make you stronger than 97% of the population.

Lifting weights and getting stronger with that only makes you stronger at lifting weights which will give you a 1% advantage over the push up guy.

and usually, the push up guy will have less injuries to contend with and will likely be more flexible and agile.

Yeah, you sound like someone who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about, nothing personal.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Add squats to that.  If bodyweight squats, do them till you fall over.
View Quote

and lunges till you can't get off the toilet.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You're assuming we can do pull ups to begin with
View Quote

Made me laugh
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Which picture is the "in shape" picture?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
38 years old, no exercise eating crap.

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/coax31/Mobile%20Uploads/before_zps3a5e311e.png

42 years old, regular push-ups sit-ups and running the treadmill everyday M-F. I dropped 50-60 lbs you don't need weights.

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/coax31/Mobile%20Uploads/20150614_114718_zpse8776471.jpg

Which picture is the "in shape" picture?

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
All the garbage I could stuff in my face at every available time, Marine Infantry...  Worked for me in my 20's...    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a pretty fine line.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Total horseshit
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:32:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Run, pull-ups, push-ups, and eat fairly well.
View Quote

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I shared your misguided beliefs.

Then I met Squats, Deadlifts, Kettlebells, and some other things.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#37]
I know this one guy who does this esoteric job, with job-specific techniques, in the hot sun, for twenty hours a day, seven days a week, and he's never been to a gym!  He's only a buck-fifty, but stronger than any tier-1 athlete!  I don't know any competitive strongmen or Rich Fronings that could do that, and it isn't just because I don't actually know any strongmen, powerlifters, weightlifters, or Rich Fronings.  I once heard from a guy, who knows a guy that saw a Highland Games farm rodeo hay bailing competition once, that some bodybuilder entered a cow-milking competition, and he was so stiff and out of shape that he died just trying to wipe his ass on the shitter because after he took too much whey before the competition!  If that isn't proof that lifting weights is retarded, and moving couches is the ultimate in functional fitness, I don't know what is!

P.S. - Don't try fighting one of these guys, either.  I have a hunch, based on a gut-instinct, rooted firmly in conjecture, that wiry little guys are the baddest motherfuckers on the planet.  Weight classes in professional fights are just to protect the slow, plodding heavies from getting killed!  Honest Injun.

Does that about sum it up?

On a slightly more serious note, since everyone is giving their two cents based on limited personal experience, I'll give mine.  From my experience as a cop in the slums, there are some people who are surprisingly large for what they do.  They are usually black guys.  They basically do what OP talks about, and shoot some ball.  They don't eat much, and sometimes smoke crack.  Yet, they still are legitimately ripped (not just skinny), and have decent muscle mass in their upper-torsos (although their legs are usually tiny).  It is like the "explosive and athletic" cliche amongst sportscasters.  However, they are exceptions to the rule - a lot of their brethren are just emaciated, and "ghetto ripped".  That is, they have sweet abs, dude, but the strength and heft of a moderately athletic woman.

Also "wiry", meth-head looking guys aren't magically tough.  They may be great at laying shingles, but I guarantee they don't fight any harder than anyone else, no matter how much they run their mouths about being "wiry", and hard from manual labor.  Sometimes they are more willing to go apeshit, since they have less to lose, but they aren't stronger, or tougher.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:42:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:48:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
...(difficult to find a pic that wasn't gay oriented, sorry)

View Quote

Says it all, really.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:05:47 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

What do you mean by ripped?  12% body fat?  Sure, yeah, absolutely.  That's diet and cardio.

Or do you mean get big?

Because you get big by eating shitloads of protein and doing max effort compound lifts.

And the only way to get both is to do one and then the other.
View Quote

Heavy on protein? What are the best sources for protein as I am thinking of starting to lift again and reading the hell out of this thread

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:18:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Some one stole that poor womans titties.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Heavy on protein? What are the best sources for protein as I am thinking of starting to lift again and reading the hell out of this thread

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you mean by ripped?  12% body fat?  Sure, yeah, absolutely.  That's diet and cardio.

Or do you mean get big?

Because you get big by eating shitloads of protein and doing max effort compound lifts.

And the only way to get both is to do one and then the other.

Meat.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:32:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yes you are, you're constantly seeking approval from strangers on the internet with you threads. Good lord, in the short time I've been here, you might rival hammermill from the amount of threads started. Where his is nonsense, yours is usually about yourself/dating issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont know what you consider "ripped", but chances are you will be disappointed unless you start lifting heavy and taking a multi.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn.

Yes you are, you're constantly seeking approval from strangers on the internet with you threads. Good lord, in the short time I've been here, you might rival hammermill from the amount of threads started. Where his is nonsense, yours is usually about yourself/dating issues.

...says the post whore.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:38:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

...says the post whore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont know what you consider "ripped", but chances are you will be disappointed unless you start lifting heavy and taking a multi.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn.

...says the post whore.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Where are the pics of the ripped 0P?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Frank medrano, he would be bigger but he's a vegan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPsvF3UOdo

http://youtu.be/RFPsvF3UOdo
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#48]
They are both resistance training methods, so no surprise here.

You can also add weight to what would be typical bodyweight movements, or at least alter angles and positions to increase difficulty.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#49]
did I miss OP's pics???

or did he skip town?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They are both resistance training methods, so no surprise here.

You can also add weight to what would be typical bodyweight movements, or at least alter angles and positions to increase difficulty.
View Quote

Weighted dips and pull ups are good stuff.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top