Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 27
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It's sad to see how many people are buying this shit hook, line, and sinker.  It's a a bullshit, heavily edited hackjob by a group of crazies.  They tried to buy fetal organs and tissue from PP before but were denied, because PP doesn't sell them.  They're donated for valuable medical research.  All the investigations launched into PP by conservative states in the wake of these video have found no evidence of wrongdoing.  Think with your brains instead of your emotions.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's sad to see how many people are buying this shit hook, line, and sinker.  It's a a bullshit, heavily edited hackjob by a group of crazies.  They tried to buy fetal organs and tissue from PP before but were denied, because PP doesn't sell them.  They're donated for valuable medical research.  All the investigations launched into PP by conservative states in the wake of these video have found no evidence of wrongdoing.  Think with your brains instead of your emotions.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Killing babies for any purpose is pretty despicable in and of itself.  Of course, people can rationalize all sorts of things, including mass murder.  Reason needs to be tempered by other human traits.  But your claims are b.s. anyways.  I find it funny how you accuse of us of "buying this shit hook, line, and sinker" when you are pretty much doing that with the PP line.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're right. Murdering babies is fine. We were wrong all along.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet he hasn't seen the videos.

Or the full versions that were also posted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Posted this on my FB today, hoping to reach the handful of liberals I know. Shared all the videos, too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Posted this on my FB today, hoping to reach the handful of liberals I know. Shared all the videos, too.

If you know me, you know I don't usually get political. At worst I unfriend people who think I should be disarmed. I tend to keep my mouth shut otherwise, because I realize folks have differing opinions, and that's cool.

That said, let's talk about Planned Parenthood for a moment. For years, I have been on the fence about pro life/pro choice. Personally, it's something I could never ever do. If I get knocked up, well, shit, that's it. I accept that there is a .01% chance that I could get knocked up. That's a consequence I face and deal with.

For years, I have enjoyed Planned Parenthood's services. Affordable yearly exams, affordable pills, affordable testing. What's not to love? I kept a mental disconnect when it came to the abortion thing, because.. hey, it's a 'clump of cells', right? It's not a baby yet. It can't see or hear or feel yet. Right? I turned a blind eye to it. In my mind I saw a little peanut sized thing being sucked up into a tube, and really didn't delve into it further than that.

What changed for me? Watching the Planned Parenthood videos that have been getting released. You know, the videos the media is desperately trying to pretend don't exist. Trying to pretend it's all a big hoax. Don't believe the articles. Don't believe the words of denial that fall from people's lips. Don't believe word of mouth.

WATCH. THE. FUCKING. VIDEOS.

The incredible disconnect from humanity is obscene. Horrifying. Apalling. I watched them in my dark, quiet house, and I bawled my eyes out. I felt sick. I almost threw up, I was so shocked and disgusted.
So before you share another 'Support Planned Parenthood' sticker... Or rave about how great they are.. do some actual research. Look at what they have done... Actually look. If you watch all those videos, and you still think Planned Parenthood is the bee's knees... I don't think we should be friends. It's not you, it's me. I think we should see other people.

The greatest thing about human beings is their capacity to love. To feel empathy and compassion. There is absolutely none of that in the people that have done these despicable acts. None. If you want to see a failure of evolution.. look no further than these videos.

I went to a doctor this week, and I paid to be seen... and from now on, I will pay for my prescriptions at a regular pharmacy, even though I'm broke as shit right now. I will sell every pair of shoes I own before I give PP one red cent. Planned Parenthood will never see another dime from me... and they shouldn't see any from you, either. The right thing to do is back away from PP, slowly, and with great disgust.

Let's not forget the founder of PP wanted to eradicate 'the blacks.' Eugenics, folks. Look it up if you don't know what it is.
In a letter to Clarence Gable in 1939, Sanger wrote: “We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members” (Margaret Sanger commenting on the ‘Negro Project’ in a letter to Gamble, Dec. 10, 1939

As long as you don't try to take away my rights we're cool.  But stating how against abortion you are without including a bit about not  outlawing it  makes it sound like you support taking away freedom from women. You can say anything you like however you like, but I don't think  you're actually on the same page as the people giving you attagirls for being  ' on their side ', as it were. Unless you actually are on their side now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As long as you don't try to take away my rights we're cool.  But stating how against abortion you are without including a bit about not  outlawing it  makes it sound like you support taking away freedom from women. You can say anything you like however you like, but I don't think  you're actually on the same page as the people giving you attagirls for being  ' on their side ', as it were. Unless you actually are on their side now.
View Quote

Yeah, sounds like she's not a supporter of murdering babies.

Nobody has a 'right' to abortion. Sure, it's legal to do with certain constraints right now, but later down the line, the murder of unborn children will probably be outlawed.

A fetus is not part of the female body -- it is a living being that a woman shouldn't be able to murder when it becomes inconvenient -- how about some personal responsibility?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Relax, we have investigated ourselves and found we have done nothing wrong!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nobody has a 'right' to abortion. Sure, it's legal to do with certain constraints right now, but later down the line, the murder of unborn children will probably be outlawed.

A fetus is not part of the female body -- it is a living being that a woman shouldn't be able to murder when it becomes inconvenient -- how about some personal responsibility?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither am I, but I don't think XCR is in the anti-choice camp.

I just believe it's not up to anyone but the woman in question. It's her personal responsibility, not mine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I just believe it's not up to anyone but the woman in question. It's her personal responsibility, not mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't necessarily believe that. What if the father wants the kid? Really it is half his, he should have some say in it right? But I think in that case the woman should be compensated in the way a surrogate would.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So she should be able to choose whether or not to murder an unborn child, and that's her personal responsibility -- but knowing the risks of having sex, even with BC is not?

The choice was to have sex and potentially get pregnant. I don't think you can justify murder after the fact, simply because a child is inconvenient.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm going to regret debating with you. I generally do. Butting heads with you is ugly.

If it's your body, and it's your right to do as you please... Does the father at any point get to have a say in the matter? Do you think they should?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm going to regret debating with you. I generally do. Butting heads with you is ugly.

If it's your body, and it's your right to do as you please... Does the father at any point get to have a say in the matter? Do you think they should?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to just ignore her.  Im still confused how she can make a statement about how she would personally carry a fetus to term, but still have such a hard on for the right to kill it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have.

I used to be very agnostic on the issue and would even go so far as to say that I was 'pro-abortion.'

Ever since these videos started coming out, I'm now personally against abortion, but as I also consider myself to be libertarian, I still don't really care if other people decide to go through with it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've watched many people change their opinions over this kind of thing.

I have.

I used to be very agnostic on the issue and would even go so far as to say that I was 'pro-abortion.'

Ever since these videos started coming out, I'm now personally against abortion, but as I also consider myself to be libertarian, I still don't really care if other people decide to go through with it.  

I can't say I don't care if other people go through with it or not...I do care.  That being said, I want people to not want to do it.  I don't want to make them not do it.

In other words...I can't make someone "be good".  To truly reach them, you've got to get THEM to want to be good.

Does that make sense?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can't say I don't care if other people go through with it or not...I do care.  That being said, I want people to not want to do it.  I don't want to make them not do it.

In other words...I can't make someone "be good".  To truly reach them, you've got to get THEM to want to be good.

Does that make sense?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've watched many people change their opinions over this kind of thing.

I have.

Does that make sense?

Well yea. That's why banning stuff from soft drinks to guns is stupid.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep, soft drinks, ripping people apart and selling their organs, guns, banning all thats stupid!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, soft drinks, ripping people apart and selling their organs, guns, banning all thats stupid!

Apparently you didn't read the post about people making their own choices.

You can't force people to do something even if you think it is the right thing. They have to want to make that choice themselves.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You can't force people to do something even if you think it is the right thing. They have to want to make that choice themselves.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While we can't technically stop someone from doing anything, we can deter it by making it a crime -- much like murdering humans outside the womb -- no matter how inconvenient the human being's existence is.

Women would be have to be responsible and know the risks of sex.

In the end, they still have a choice. If they choose to do it themselves, the damage that they do to themselves (potential death) is a risk that they'll take, along with any legal action.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The babies are ripping themselves apart, then selling themselves? Thats pretty damn amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The babies are ripping themselves apart, then selling themselves? Thats pretty damn amazing.
RA...I agree with you.  The baby is given no choice.  

My point that I originally made to targettarget was that I cannot simply "not care" about others deciding to engage in infanticide, and that I would prefer to appeal to their humanity in the hopes that they would not engage in a legal, but immoral act, and that they would recognize that it is immoral.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what are you talking about?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Why do all these women look like middle aged feminist dykes?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:19:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Infallible logic. Can't stop people from killing liquor store clerks either. We should legalize the shit out of that and cross our fingers. Who are we to judge what a killer does for convenience...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Infallible logic. Can't stop people from killing liquor store clerks either. We should legalize the shit out of that and cross our fingers. Who are we to judge what a killer does for convenience...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the only thing stopping you from killing a liquid store clerk a law?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:24:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We are financially incentivizing ripping up kids and selling their bits, and you are talking about, soft drink choice lol.

Murder for everyone!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what are you talking about?

We are financially incentivizing ripping up kids and selling their bits, and you are talking about, soft drink choice lol.

Murder for everyone!

My point is people have to want to do the right thing. Whether that's not selling kid bits, or not pounding soda till they are a fat fuck with diabetes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You know what happens when someone drinks too much soda THEY get fat.

You know what happens when someone rips apart and sells a kid? The KID dies.

One imposes on another life, liberty, whatever eider yadda, the other doesn't, its not hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point is people have to want to do the right thing. Whether that's not selling kid bits, or not pounding soda till that are a fat fuck with diabetes.

You know what happens when someone drinks too much soda THEY get fat.

You know what happens when someone rips apart and sells a kid? The KID dies.

One imposes on another life, liberty, whatever eider yadda, the other doesn't, its not hard.

And we all end up paying.

Go argue with the moms or the ones selling or buying or testing or doing the operations. They all have a choice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:36:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just consider what I said, then. Individual freedom is paramount and sentimentality is no excuse to control other people's bodies. It's her fetus, we shouldn't interfere. We can beg, offer to help raise babies, cajole, shame, and threaten with eternal damnation, but to prevent her from controlling her body is an act of war. It's even wronger than preventing boys from loving boys and girls from loving girls or preventing people from raising their kids as they see fit. We can hate it, but we have to butt out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:39:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don't necessarily believe that. What if the father wants the kid? Really it is half his, he should have some say in it right? But I think in that case the woman should be compensated in the way a surrogate would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When it's half in his body, then he can have a say. Or he can have a say if she gives him one. The fact that you think you can compensate someone for taking their freedom away is... actually, I can't find a word for it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:41:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So she should be able to choose whether or not to murder an unborn child, and that's her personal responsibility -- but knowing the risks of having sex, even with BC is not?

The choice was to have sex and potentially get pregnant. I don't think you can justify murder after the fact, simply because a child is inconvenient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all her responsibility. And none of our business beyond urging her to do the right thing and helping her if we feel like it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#37]
All the talk about "freedom" from people who are ok with murdering others is fascinating (and quite scary). I guess they forgot the "freedom to live."

Liberty and freedom hinge on a basic right to life.  

No matter your size, level of development, environment, or degree of dependency, you have a right to life.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just consider what I said, then. Individual freedom is paramount and sentimentality is no excuse to control other people's bodies. It's her fetus, we shouldn't interfere. We can beg, offer to help raise babies, cajole, shame, and threaten with eternal damnation, but to prevent her from controlling her body is an act of war. It's even wronger than preventing boys from loving boys and girls from loving girls or preventing people from raising their kids as they see fit. We can hate it, but we have to butt out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it a choice when the child is in the womb, but not when it's out. Why stop there? By that logic, the mother should be able to kill her baby whenever she wants.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Then child support should never exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's all her responsibility. And none of our business beyond urging her to do the right thing and helping her if we feel like it.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:50:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Why is it a choice when the child is in the womb, but not when it's out. Why stop there? By that logic, the mother should be able to kill her baby whenever she wants.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. There was an article written about the morality of post birth abortions by some PhDs in the Journal of Medical Ethics here that justifies murdering children after birth. Which is logically consistent with murdering children pre-born.

It's ironic that they agree with the people who "honor" murder their children.  The pro-abortion and pro-honor killers both agree a parent has a right to murder a child, they would only argue on at what age its appropriate. The honor killers would argue a parent can only murder their children at a later age, while the pro-abortion camp would argue you should only be able to murder your children at a young age.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:52:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:54:33 AM EDT
[#43]
I thought the followers of Moloch were no longer around, but there seems to be quite a few priests and priestesses of Moloch in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:00:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Individual freedom is the highest political end, certainly, but if we are to place it on such a pedestal, then it makes no sense to totally and utterly deny it to a subset of humanity, such as the unborn.  They are being denied all freedom by being deprived of the most important right of all, that to life.  The fetus isn't property (Or are you arguing that humans should be able to own others?  It certainly would be contradictory to other things you say).  It is a unique and individual human being that is the child of two distinct persons, but which for biological reasons can only be present inside of one of those two persons during this early stage of development.  

Some acts, like murder, are so bad that we are right to prohibit the act by force, or punish it by deprivation of rights.  Morally-speaking, killing an innocent human being deliberately is nothing short of murder.  We have every right to stop it, as to murder a human being is to make war on that human and to an extent on society itself (which is why we are justified in executing murderers and other heinous criminals).  We have every right to punish it, and an interest in doing so.  The person is not her property and is not solely her progeny.  It is not subhuman.  Unless the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother and there is no alternative but to kill the child to save the mother's life, there is absolutely no justification for such a heinous act.  To protect the innocent is no mere act of sentimentality.  To justify their slaughter is to engage in an act of dehumanization.

And the idea that a father should have no ability to prevent the demise of his progeny at the hands of another person is, quite frankly, absurd.  Given that there is no justice to be had in this country, if a father took matters into his own hands after his child was murdered, he'd be morally in the right.  You cannot just go about killing a father's child.  

And your argument that we should not stop someone from an action which harms another even if it's wrong to harm that other person can really be applied to pretty much any act that's malum in se.  We can hate rape, murder, and theft, but we should not stop someone from engaging in such acts, lest we take controul of their body, the victim be damned.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:02:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Spend 4-8 years working hard becoming a nurse, forced to provide for invalids and the disabled, decide to kill a few to make your life easier: SUPER MURDERER JAIL FOREVER!!!!

Spend 4-8 months pregnant after a good ole time of sexin, might be forced to provide for kiddo, decide to kill it to make your life easier: WOMENS RIGHTS!

Lol, Murder.
View Quote

You really do seem to have a compassion for innocent human life? What is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:04:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You really do seem to have a compassion for innocent human life? What is wrong with you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spend 4-8 years working hard becoming a nurse, forced to provide for invalids and the disabled, decide to kill a few to make your life easier: SUPER MURDERER JAIL FOREVER!!!!

Spend 4-8 months pregnant after a good ole time of sexin, might be forced to provide for kiddo, decide to kill it to make your life easier: WOMENS RIGHTS!

Lol, Murder.

Someone should lock him up before he can take controul of a woman's body!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:22:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

It's sad to see how many people are buying this s--- hook, line, and sinker.  It's a a bull----, heavily edited hackjob by a group of crazies.  They tried to buy fetal organs and tissue from PP before but were denied, because PP doesn't sell them.  They're donated for valuable medical research.  All the investigations launched into PP by conservative states in the wake of these video have found no evidence of wrongdoing.  Think with your brains instead of your emotions.
View Quote
Are you a PP hack???

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK. Complete freedom, complete responsibility. I'm good with that. Can I also get welfare eliminated so that money isn't stolen from us to abort or provide for the fetuses/children?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:31:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once the child is born, it's out of her body. It's not effecting her, she can simply send it away.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:31:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I thought the followers of Moloch were no longer around, but there seems to be quite a few priests and priestesses of Moloch in this thread.
View Quote

Ooga booga.
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top