Won't matter.

He'll be sacrificed on the alter of PC. Because #criminalslivesmatter
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Won't matter.

No he will be given the same chance anyone else is that is put into our legal system.  Now if you suddenly think our system is bad because a cop is in it that speaks volumes about your bias.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No he will be given the same chance anyone else is that is put into our legal system.  Now if you suddenly think our system is bad because a cop is in it that speaks volumes about your bias.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't matter.

Yeah, we see that in Baltimore.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
So he wasn't indicted by a grand jury and will not be given a jury trial?  Either it's fair or it's rigged for both cops and non leos.  Which is it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So he wasn't indicted by a grand jury and will not be given a jury trial?  Either it's fair or it's rigged for both cops and non leos.  Which is it?
View Quote

This is as big a travesty as the ZImmerman-Martin case.  It's over the top excessive charging.  Did Tensing make mistakes?  Yes.  Would I fire him if he was one of my officers?  Yes. Did he use poor tactics? Yes. Is what he did criminal? It remains to be seen.  Did he have reasonable fear that he might be dragged and run over at the time he fired?  Most likely.  The video and position of the car at the time of the pistol shot is going to show the car was rolling.  If he can testify his hand was caught in the seatbelt or by DuBose, it's a justified use of force.  

The prosecutor's statements are extremely unprofessional and he should be disbarred for tainting the jury pool.  The CPD Chief has an axe to grind because he wants to take over policing the University.  Both are aware that throwing this officer under the bus will be good for their careers....
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is as big a travesty as the ZImmerman-Martin case.  It's over the top excessive charging.  Did Tensing make mistakes?  Yes.  Would I fire him if he was one of my officers?  Yes. Did he use poor tactics? Yes. Is what he did criminal? It remains to be seen.  Did he have reasonable fear that he might be dragged and run over at the time he fired?  Most likely.  The video and position of the car at the time of the pistol shot is going to show the car was rolling.  If he can testify his hand was caught in the seatbelt or by DuBose, it's a justified use of force.  

The prosecutor's statements are extremely unprofessional and he should be disbarred for tainting the jury pool.  The CPD Chief has an axe to grind because he wants to take over policing the University.  Both are aware that throwing this officer under the bus will be good for their careers....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same thing happens to non leos on a regular basis, where's the outrage?  He will get a trial.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where do they think he fucked up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's the arrest rate in Cincinnati holding up?

My neighbor is a detective in Cincinnati.  The consensus among his peers is that the cop fucked up big time.

Where do they think he fucked up?

My neighbor, "There was absolutely no reason to shoot that man".
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tensing would be happy to shoot it for him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yawn.
What is that I hear? Sounds a lot like the hit dog yelping?
For the love of God, change the battery in your smoke alarm.

Tensing would be happy to shoot it for him.

Before it even beeped?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I havent been keeping up on this thread since it was mostly just hometown guys chatting, but have Deters comments that  Tensing should never have been able to be a cop (im paraphrasing) been addressed?  I heard Mike Allen,  a former Hamilton county prosecutor said that Tensings team was going to make an effort to keep some of his past out of this case, or keep it from being brought up in this case.  I know thats not much to go on, but it sounds like there may be some shitty stuff in his past that Deters knows about that will be very damaging if it comes to light.

Also, there is another one of his stops posted on whirlstaaaaar now.  I dont think I can embed from there but I'll at least hotlink.  Its nothing special, but more of his shit for you guys to nitpick and squabble about.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh71eRH9LM1SQmX1f8

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#9]
To me the video shows he was starting to be dragged by the car and shot the criminal...........he ended up being a number of feet down the road because the car moved him IMHO.

This is not murder IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The same thing happens to non leos on a regular basis, where's the outrage?  He will get a trial.
View Quote

Can you cite examples of a prosecutor going on multiple national news channels to declare the guilt of the ACCUSED before he's even arraigned?

Something, something, innocent until proven guilty.

Or do you think Marilyn Mosby is a good prosecutor?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your slip bias is showing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plenty of non cops in here have said it was a 'good shoot' as well.
Some cops even have said its it a bad one.
You have a mod calling, and its not here.

Your slip bias is showing.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Can you cite examples of a prosecutor going on multiple national news channels to declare the guilt of the ACCUSED before he's even arraigned?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again he faced a grand jury who determined a crime was Comitted.  If you don't like the laws you should work to change them.
I haven't stated which side I believe is right.  I know nothing about the prosecutor.  I think it is funny how the justice system is fair and neutral when cops and prosecutors are hooking up other folks or covering up leo misdeeds but suddenly it's unfair when one of their own gets hooked in the same web.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

When a LEO is covering a suspect there is no criminal intent. The law allows for police officers to use force to protect themselves and make arrests.

Just like a non-Leo (civilian) covering a threat. There is no criminal intent and therefore not a violation of the law.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And under what law are you exempted from... you know... having to follow the law?

When a LEO is covering a suspect there is no criminal intent. The law allows for police officers to use force to protect themselves and make arrests.

Just like a non-Leo (civilian) covering a threat. There is no criminal intent and therefore not a violation of the law.

How about when cruising through Boston in the turret pointing your rifle at various people?  Is everyone a suspect?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The adrenaline comment implying that it makes you *more* coordinated, instead of a fumbling mess.

The comparison of a race holster and basically poised laboratory conditions to the one handed, falling over draw while grabbing a dude about to (or starting to) drive the fuck off out of a retention holster.

A one second draw in a situation like what the officer in is extremely optimistic and would be considered fast.

Seriously, what Cocked/Glocked said. I too would like to expel him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
...snip...
You're not serious, are you?

What that a 13er was able to embed a video, or the adrenaline comment?

The adrenaline comment implying that it makes you *more* coordinated, instead of a fumbling mess.

The comparison of a race holster and basically poised laboratory conditions to the one handed, falling over draw while grabbing a dude about to (or starting to) drive the fuck off out of a retention holster.

A one second draw in a situation like what the officer in is extremely optimistic and would be considered fast.

Seriously, what Cocked/Glocked said. I too would like to expel him.

The reality is that if you spend enough time doing an activity, adrenaline speeds you up. It hurts coordination on movements that arent ingrained.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Once again he faced a grand jury who determined a crime was Comitted.  If you don't like the laws you should work to change them.
I haven't stated which side I believe is right.  I know nothing about the prosecutor.  I think it is funny how the justice system is fair and neutral when cops and prosecutors are hooking up other folks or covering up leo misdeeds but suddenly it's unfair when one of their own gets hooked in the same web.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So no examples?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My argument is that if Mr. Dubose had no intention of driving off then when he was shot, the car wouldn't have moved and still be in park.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting that the discussion has moved away from the topic at hand. That is, how Mr Father of the Year was able to decide to start his shitbox car, slam it into gear, mash the pedal, wrestle with the officer, have the engine respond and the vehicle move a noticeable distance in < 2 seconds? That's the rough time from him reaching for the ignition to the fatal shot.

Are you saying the officer should have waited to be injured before reacting, once it became clear what the Father Of The Year was in the process of doing?  

My argument is that if Mr. Dubose had no intention of driving off then when he was shot, the car wouldn't have moved and still be in park.

Bingo
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So no examples?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So no examples?

Examples have zero to do with it.  it was put in front of a grand jury who found evidence a crime was committed.  You wouldn't be bellyaching if the prosecutor had said I think it was a good shoot but am going to run it by a grand jury to be sure, would you?    If you don't like the system contact your representatives and change the laws.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How about when cruising through Boston in the turret pointing your rifle at various people?  Is everyone a suspect?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And under what law are you exempted from... you know... having to follow the law?

.......wow......aren't you the perfect little troll
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Examples have zero to do with it.  it was put in front of a grand jury who found evidence a crime was committed.  You wouldn't be bellyaching if the prosecutor had said I think it was a good shoot but am going to run it by a grand jury to be sure, would you?    If you don't like the system contact your representatives and change the laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So no examples?

Not how grand juries work, but you know that from previous cop threads already.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, I would have a problem if he said that.

The "system" doesn't need to be changed. Prosecutors need to follow the established rules and code of ethics that are already in place.

In case you weren’t aware, in the United States a suspect is presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

When the prosecutor goes on multiple news shows and states the defendant intended to kill the suspect it kind of changes the whole presumption part of the case.

Examples do matter. Can you think of any? Me neither. You know why?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not how grand juries work, but you know that from previous cop threads already.
View Quote

I know that.  I am making the point that it is ok for average joe citizen to get thrown under the grand jury bus or if it exonerates a cop it is a perfect system, if it indicts a cop it is broken and unfair.  Again if you do not like it contact your reps and change it.  He will get a trial that will determine whether his actions were justified or not.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The "system" doesn't need to be changed. Prosecutors need to follow the established rules and code of ethics that are already in place.

In case you weren’t aware, in the United States a suspect is presumed innocent until proven otherwise.
LOL
When the prosecutor goes on multiple news shows and states the defendant intended to kill the suspect it kind of changes the whole presumption part of the case.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Once again he will get an opportunity to present his case to justify his actions.  If the prosecutor is involved in misconduct there are legal remedies for that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Two guys pulled over and "harassed" by an University of Cincinnati Officer that is supposedly Tensing(looks like him) because of a cracked bumper. Of course the video isn't from the start of the stop.

Fail I can't embed here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=26&v=gBAqxiAKh6A

View Quote

Jesus the guy is a douche, not to mention a couple of morans make him look dumb.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't matter.

So you think the "justice" system you work for is shit?  I would agree.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not a justice system.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You left out the part about the person in the window pointing something at the police. How convenient.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lacrosse     Duke
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You left out the part about the person in the window pointing something at the police. How convenient.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I left it out because I didn't know the guy in the window was pointing something at them.  Was it an RPG?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

lacrosse     Duke
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lacrosse     Duke

How'd that go for former prosecutor Nifong?

Way to prove your opposition's argument.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I left it out because I didn't know the guy in the window was pointing something at them.  Was it an RPG?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smartphone, IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lacrosse     Duke

Uh....point out where I said I thought this prosecutor was doing the right thing.  Oh, I didn't.  I think the prosecutor in this case is being an ass hat and grand standing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Smartphone, IIRC.
View Quote

Wow, with the proliferation of smart phones these guys must be terrified.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.......it's a legal system
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Uh....point out where I said I thought this prosecutor was doing the right thing.  Oh, I didn't.  I think the prosecutor in this case is being an ass hat and grand standing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lacrosse     Duke

.......lol.......holy backpedal!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I am getting at.  Leos love the system when is is screwing a non leo or exonerating criminal leo conduct.  We are told if we don't like the system to change the laws.  Now theres butthurt that the same system is being used against a leo.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

.......lol.......holy backpedal!
View Quote

What's the backpedal?  Someone asked for an example of a prosecutor doing this and I posted one.  In both cases I think the prosecutor is wrong.

Good grief you guys are some paper skins.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That is what I am getting at.  Leos love the system when is is screwing a non leo or exonerating criminal leo conduct.  We are told if we don't like the system to change the laws.  Now theres butthurt that the same system is being used against a leo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um.......not seeing the butthurt.  Only bitching is the sacrificial lambs to appease a group of people so the city doesn't burn......and political propaganda.

As far as the "shoot"........I'm on the fence until I see more evidence........

The politicians and FSA will keep reaching for their holy grail poster child........until then they getting thugs and keep falling on their own swords.......meanwhile they ruin careers and lives of people whose job they aren't willing to do........
Our government is slowly destroying LE in this country........and when the shit really does hit the fan they are going to expect us to clean it up.

Good luck with that social experiment.

Smile and wave.........Smile and wave
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sorry, but it's going to be murder. The cop reached into the car to stop it and fired almost immediately. No way will that fly as him being in danger.
View Quote

To you it doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#40]
60 arrests?  Why was he still on the street?  Prolly got what he had coming.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone loves the system when it is screwing a shitburd.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cuz it's a legal system......not a justice system
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn ipad
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

For what it is worth I believe all leo shootings should be reviewed and put in front of a grand jury by a prosecutor who is not from that jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not allowed, intentional use of "prolly".
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

For what it is worth I believe all leo shootings should be reviewed and put in front of a grand jury by a prosecutor who is not from that jurisdiction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is that prosecutor going to play politician as well?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

All deaths in police custody require a grand jury to review them here in Nebraska.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How any riots start because a citizen uses deadly force and is not immediately arrested?  How many have started before a Grand Jury meets or the prosecutor direct files?   How many riots before Zimmerman was directly charged and after he was found not guilty at trial?   The special interest groups, race baiters and legal pimps would like to see every officer charged when using deadly force, looks like parts of our country are moving that way, and some wonder why the cops here mention smile and wave.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top