Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn uppity oh-niners. I HAVE SENIORITY!!1!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't you have to be in front of a computer all day long to be a mod?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Basement and steady supply of hot pockets required

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Damn uppity oh-niners. I HAVE SENIORITY!!1!
View Quote
It's true.

I won't dispute your claim.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for volunteering.  The general procedure is to move existing Mods from lesser trafficked forums to more highly trafficked forums.  So, the demand for new Mods is minimal.

Of course, any Mod applicant will be thoroughly vetted by Staff, so there is that complication to consider.

IIRC, a couple of Mod applicants squeaked through with a warning or maybe two, but nothing more serious than that.  Longevity and post count are also factored into the equation.  Mods are expected to be on-site daily in their respective forum(s),  It's not an easy job to do right, and occasionally, a Mod is let go as not being able to do the job properly, for various reasons.

Unfortunately, the position for which you are applying does not exist.  The closest position would be Staff, and that position is only open to people who are already Mods, and deemed worthy to be promoted to a vacant Staff position. This not only requires vetting by existing Staff, but approval by Site Admin.

Unfortunately, there are no Staff vacancies at present, and even if there were such, pre-existing Mods, who had already proven themselves, would have preference.  That's only common sense, and also fair to all concerned.

But thank you again for your interest.  

After having looked at your account in the Ban and Warning list, I regret to say that you would not be considered a suitable candidate for a Mod position on this site.

View Quote

I have a serious question: Have you ever been diagnosed with aspergers? You just typed up a super serious and well thought out reply to what was obviously a total tongue in cheek post that didn't ask for it, nor require it.

If you have, I don't mean any offense by it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is discriminatory against people who happen to live in areas with high water tables.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I have it on good authority that I am next to be considered for a moderator position.  My even headed stance on all issues ARF, and the fairness to which I judge all members, has me in good standing with the powers that be.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you are a shoe in!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's the busiest section of the site, by far.

Like policing in a big city, some would say it's prime time. Some would say it's terrible. I've only ever mod'd GD here so I have no reference for the other areas of the site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is GD the shit detail for mods?

It's the busiest section of the site, by far.

Like policing in a big city, some would say it's prime time. Some would say it's terrible. I've only ever mod'd GD here so I have no reference for the other areas of the site.

I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen you lock a GD thread, or even edit a post. I'm here a lot (my post count bring dishonah to my famiry) so I might have missed it, but you seem to be relying on others to do your dirty work, batman.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I have a serious question: Have you ever been diagnosed with aspergers? You just typed up a super serious and well thought out reply to what was obviously a total tongue in cheek post that didn't ask for it, nor require it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for volunteering.  The general procedure is to move existing Mods from lesser trafficked forums to more highly trafficked forums.  So, the demand for new Mods is minimal.

Of course, any Mod applicant will be thoroughly vetted by Staff, so there is that complication to consider.

IIRC, a couple of Mod applicants squeaked through with a warning or maybe two, but nothing more serious than that.  Longevity and post count are also factored into the equation.  Mods are expected to be on-site daily in their respective forum(s),  It's not an easy job to do right, and occasionally, a Mod is let go as not being able to do the job properly, for various reasons.

Unfortunately, the position for which you are applying does not exist.  The closest position would be Staff, and that position is only open to people who are already Mods, and deemed worthy to be promoted to a vacant Staff position. This not only requires vetting by existing Staff, but approval by Site Admin.

Unfortunately, there are no Staff vacancies at present, and even if there were such, pre-existing Mods, who had already proven themselves, would have preference.  That's only common sense, and also fair to all concerned.

After having looked at your account in the Ban and Warning list, I regret to say that you would not be considered a suitable candidate for a Mod position on this site.

It's ok.  Offend away.  I'm practically a mod and can un ban you.

I was a mod on a political forum.  It wasn't all tame and straight laced like here.

Mods had to be quick and lethal.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I have it on good authority that I am next to be considered for a moderator position.  My even headed stance on all issues ARF, and the fairness to which I judge all members, has me in good standing with the powers that be.

View Quote
The lifer forum ?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The lifer forum ?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The lifer forum ?  
It's not like they can threaten to not renew their memberships in protest now, can they?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's not like they can threaten to not renew their memberships in protest now, can they?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lifer forum ?  

No, but we can threaten to pool our money and buy you one next round.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The lifer forum ?  

Didn't see my Dunkin Donuts thread last night, did you?

I want the new Reeses Peanut Butter donuts so bad, I said I even accept a Life membership if it came with a dozen of those donuts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I want the new Reeses Peanut Butter donuts so bad, I said I even accept a Life membership if it came with a dozen of those donuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lifer forum ?  

Damn oh-sixers.

Nvm. There's a cloud that needs yelling at.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#19]
You should limit yourself to all things connected with whiskey, cigars, boobs, and Puerto Rican.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You should limit yourself to all things connected with whiskey, cigars, boobs, and Puerto Rican.
View Quote
My friend, you know me well!!!!  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I want to speak to a supervisor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe with the right haircut you could ask for the manager.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm squeaky clean.

And everyone loves me. It's true just ask . . . um, nevermind.

I would make a great mod. I have no pesky "job" to get in the way anymore. Plus I spend a lot of time in hospital rooms with nothing else to do.
Of course some of them block ARF, but I'm usually unconscious anyway

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
oh yea I as already asked,aimless blackballed me
View Quote

That flightless bird ruined my life long dream of becoming a MOD as well.
No trial, just a conviction with no appeal, and to think he is an attorney
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#25]
EvanWilliams to mod the forum for banned members.    

Wasn't there an anti-AR-15 forum composed of banned members somewhere?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This job ain't nearly as cool as it sounds.
View Quote

QFT

I admin'd a large car board for some time. After that, I think I'd rather remove my own liver with a dull spoon than deal with the whiney ass drama bullshit that goes with the mod gig. And believe it or not, board advertisers were some of the worst.

These days, I appreciate being able to just log on and only read the stuff I want while having the luxury of ignoring the retards.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

EvanWilliams to mod the forum for banned members.    

Wasn't there an anti-AR-15 forum composed of banned members somewhere?
View Quote
M4Carbine.net

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:42:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Done  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm all for it if arfcom will have 87% more shotgun topics.
12gauge.com  is my next proposal  

dibs on the 28ga and 20 ga sub forums
Done  

Can I have the .410?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:05:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

(coc - check account status)
View Quote
Locked ?    

I'll handle it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Can I have the .410?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm all for it if arfcom will have 87% more shotgun topics.
12gauge.com  is my next proposal  

dibs on the 28ga and 20 ga sub forums
Done  

Can I have the .410?
Of course.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I edit stuff all the time. I lock relatively few threads because non-spam dupes aren't really a COC violation...and believe it or not that's the most oft reported thing I see.

See, Batman doesn't have to beat the shit out of every criminal in Gotham to have a significant impact...everybody knows he's up there, somewhere, watching.

And when someone tries another cockpocalypse...

http://i.imgur.com/Gi9cwgR.gif

I come out of the shadows and snatch their ass so fast they don't realize what hit them...and it happens so fast most bystanders never saw a thing.

I am the night, motherfucker.

...at least when it's not my night off. Then I'm doing other things.

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2013/8/23/batfleck-facelick.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen you lock a GD thread, or even edit a post. I'm here a lot (my post count bring dishonah to my famiry) so I might have missed it, but you seem to be relying on others to do your dirty work, batman.

I edit stuff all the time. I lock relatively few threads because non-spam dupes aren't really a COC violation...and believe it or not that's the most oft reported thing I see.

See, Batman doesn't have to beat the shit out of every criminal in Gotham to have a significant impact...everybody knows he's up there, somewhere, watching.

And when someone tries another cockpocalypse...

http://i.imgur.com/Gi9cwgR.gif

I come out of the shadows and snatch their ass so fast they don't realize what hit them...and it happens so fast most bystanders never saw a thing.

I am the night, motherfucker.

...at least when it's not my night off. Then I'm doing other things.

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2013/8/23/batfleck-facelick.gif

Do you wear your lemon yellow speedo under the bat outfit or on top of it?  I seem to recall a time you were quite proud of your speedo. I guess when you become batman you have to let go of your old persona and adopt a harsher battitude.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Am I on any timeout/warning lists? genuinely curious. I think I once got a message from a mod bc I made a "your momma" joke that was apparently not funny. lol.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Moding can only be done when drunk
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's canary yellow, and it's always under the bat suit so it can be effectively deployed as a weapon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you wear your lemon yellow speedo under the bat outfit or on top of it?  I seem to recall a time you were quite proud of your speedo. I guess when you become batman you have to let go of your old persona and adopt a harsher battitude.

It's canary yellow, and it's always under the bat suit so it can be effectively deployed as a weapon.

Righto.  Canary yellow, my mistake.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Locked ?       I'll handle it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
(coc - check account status)
Locked ?       I'll handle it.

He's faking it.  I did it once and Paul caught it and legitimized it by going in and leaving a trail, "Edited by Paul."  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Meanwhile I got to try out the new ban button within 24 hours of it showing up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The other technical forums are mostly boring to Mod.  Most "Reports" are about "Not technical" or "Wrong forum".  Most of my time is simply moving threads to the correct forums.  Very seldom do we give out Warnings.

I like boring.

Meanwhile I got to try out the new ban button within 24 hours of it showing up.

Does it look like a hammer?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh. ^c ^v . done.  Mods have inventory of stuff - like system message does.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Far and away the best line of this thread.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARF mods and their damned gold fringed flags
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Your thread title announcement is a symphony of thought.

View Quote
Thank you, sir.  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top