Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Doesn't even take 2 days to realize that guy proclaims to be an expert on anything from economics to fusion of atoms in whatever post he's in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No E-9's lost their mind yet about her misaligned ribbons and lack of PT belt?  What's happened to our beloved military?

Also, in before Josh gives expert testimony about MCRD SOP.

You sure know a lot about Josh...having only been here a month.

Hmmm.

Doesn't even take 2 days to realize that guy proclaims to be an expert on anything from economics to fusion of atoms in whatever post he's in.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know said LtCol, to say she is a bitch is bit of an understatement
View Quote

But, was she an effective bitch?

Could really give less than a fuck if she's an abrasive, bitchy leader--So long as she was fair, and did her damn job. I worked for a couple of bitches in the Army, and while the psychotic ones should have been shot, the one (single example, I know) that was bitchy for good reasons, I had no problem with. She did her job, she was effective, and despite the fact that I would have sooner slept with a rabid, gut-shot Kodiak bear than her, I just didn't give a damn: She did her job, and was highly effective at it. Bitchy, I could live with--Incompetent or oblivious? Not so much.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's almost word for word what they taught us in SAPR training.

The instructor said that if either party has been drinking, it isn't consensual.   There was nervous laughter.
View Quote

Furthermore it's an absolutely accurate statement.  While being drunk doesn't excuse crimes that take place against you, you put yourself in a position where having a crime happen against you is much more likely to happen.

Just as I should be able to walk Washington Park in Chicago with a stack of hundreds sticking out of my pocket, doing so greatly increases my chances of having a crime committed against me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I agree but in general women take it too far. This happens in several industries. They over compensate trying to live up to the hype. They never seem to realize men make back room deals because in general men are understanding to each other and understand the compromise. Women don't get that, they only see it as all or nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She done gone and fucked up.  You can't tell the truth in this politically correct climate.

Its a sad day in my beloved Corps when a WM has more balls than the CG of MCRD PI.

I agree but in general women take it too far. This happens in several industries. They over compensate trying to live up to the hype. They never seem to realize men make back room deals because in general men are understanding to each other and understand the compromise. Women don't get that, they only see it as all or nothing.

Couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#5]
So please explain the protocol to me, as unfortunately I never served....

"She got fired...." - does that mean she got booted from the .mil,

or got re-assigned to a desk job working supply in Alaska,

or took early retirement, or what?

What does 'She got fired' mean?

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Could really give less than a fuck if she's an abrasive, bitchy leader--So long as she was fair, and did her damn job. I worked for a couple of bitches in the Army, and while the psychotic ones should have been shot, the one (single example, I know) that was bitchy for good reasons, I had no problem with. She did her job, she was effective, and despite the fact that I would have sooner slept with a rabid, gut-shot Kodiak bear than her, I just didn't give a damn: She did her job, and was highly effective at it. Bitchy, I could live with--Incompetent or oblivious? Not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Effective really is in the eye of the beholder, she is an adjutant so it is hard to say how effective she was since most S1s shops have issues. But she did serve as an aide to an assistant secnav and could PT real well for a women
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kicked your ass, huh?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#8]
From my perspective:

They will remove her.   Her career is done, over, finished, kaput.   Destroyed.

Did she wreck a car/HMMWV/Tank ?  Nope
Did she have an affair with an enlisted ?  Nope
Did she scuttle a ship ?  Nope
Talk smack about the Commander in Chief ? Nope
Shoot someone ?  Nope

She was mean.   Really ?   A US Marine being Mean, say it isn't so.

The Marines under her command did better because she wanted better from them. And she got it.  Her heart was in the right place and a female officer does not rise to the level of a Lt. Colonel in the US Marines by being a dumbass.   It is just too hard.

So they will can her.  Stupid assholes.  That is my perspective.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The troof comes out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Does she get the job done? Because as a civilian who is interested in the military doing the maximum amount of damage to the enemy with the minimum amount of our guys getting killed and injured, that is what I care about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does she get the job done? Because as a civilian who is interested in the military doing the maximum amount of damage to the enemy with the minimum amount of our guys getting killed and injured, that is what I care about.

This is also troof
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Meh.  My best leaders in the Corps were guys who earned my loyalty though other ways besides being a asshole.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. Most effective commanders are either bitches or assholes. Hell, most men brag about their assholishness. As long as they get the job done and keep their men alive, who gives a flying fuck?

yeah.

what the chick said.

Meh.  My best leaders in the Corps were guys who earned my loyalty though other ways besides being a asshole.  

Some people use the word asshole to describe anyone that doesn't put up with their shit and/or puts a crimp in their style. Same with the word bitch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I blame all this shit on that pouge faggot Amos.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I see sexists - they're everywhere...
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Kicked your ass, huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kicked your ass, huh?

No, just don't like people who have never BTDT explaining to people with actual combat arms backgrounds who have BTDT how tough the are.  

The women was being groomed to be a future GO and she said something she should not on a political sensitive subject.  I don't think she should have been relieved but she showed exceptionally poor judgment in what she did
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No, just don't like people who have never BTDT explaining to people with actual combat arms backgrounds who have BTDT how tough the are.  

The women was being groomed to be a future GO and she said something she should not on a political sensitive subject.  I don't think she should have been relieved but she showed exceptionally poor judgment in what she did
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kicked your ass, huh?

probably thought she was immune.

see also:  3rd generation naval aviators.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Just curious, can someone explain pizza boxes?
And to a female superior how would you salute or whatever, YES SIR, YS MAAM, or it it something different?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Pizza boxes while demanding higher standards......

In all, good on her.  She wanted to keep her Marines alive.
View Quote

Pizza boxes, her 2nd row of ribbons are not aligned, stars on her NUC and ICM look retarded and I hate it when Marines use a ribbon bar with spaces between the rows.  I realize spacing is allowed but everyone I knew, including myself, didn't have spaces between rows...  It just seemed like a Marine thing where as almost all Soldiers I see have spacing.

All that said, from everything else said here, it seems like she was doing an excellent job of improving the Recruits and Marines under her command.  Unfortunate that she's being relieved of her duties.  There was an article a couple years back about a female Naval Commander who was being groomed for Admiral, who was an absolutely abrasive bitch.  From what I recall, she had to ground her ship before being relieved.  Throwing hot coffee at her junior officers for putting in too much sugar and throwing temper tantrums were ok though.  This woman was doing great things but being a little unPC and she's gone.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

She's right you know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Witnesses said she implied that sexual assault is "100 percent preventable" and that "by drinking, you are putting yourself in a position to be sexually assaulted."

She's right you know.

Sexual assault is not 100% preventable, but pretty close.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
And to a female superior how would you salute or whatever, YES SIR, YS MAAM, or it it something different?
View Quote

When someone gets fat, they appear "doughy", hence pizza boxes. Its a term in the USMC to refer to fat people. Also, some people use it to refer to white people, because their skin is as pale as uncooked pizza dough.  

If a Women Marine goes male regulations, that is she agrees to do the male PFT and wear male uniforms, she then can be addressed as "sir", otherwise she is to be addressed as "My Lady" or in the informal "Ma'am."

Marine customs and courtesy are very formal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When someone gets fat, they appear "doughy", hence pizza boxes. Its a term in the USMC to refer to fat people. Also, some people use it to refer to white people, because their skin is as pale as uncooked pizza dough.  

If a Women Marine goes male regulations, that is she agrees to do the male PFT and wear male uniforms, she then can be addressed as "sir", otherwise she is to be addressed as "My Lady" or in the informal "Ma'am."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you kidding ?

Pizza box is someone who shoots marksmen and pizza-pizza a double marksmen

The emblem looks like box of pepperoni pizza
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are you kidding ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you kidding ?

I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not.

But your explanation is the one I understand.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you kidding ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you kidding ?

I did boot camp at Ft Dix and then served in 5th Force Recon. Trust me, I know this stuff.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you kidding ?

lol. You guys have been had.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No E-9's lost their mind yet about her misaligned ribbons and lack of PT belt?  What's happened to our beloved military?

Hmmm.

Exactly.

NorCal to the white courtesy phone...
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

a 5'0" chick in body armor trying to qual on an A4 is a joke.  You can't put the ACOG far enough back to get the proper eye relief.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Parris Island officials confirmed that range qualification scores improved dramatically within 4th RTB during Germano's tenure. From 2014-2015, average first-time rifle qualification rates for the depot's three male battalions improved from 93 percent to 96 percent, said Col. Jeff Fultz, chief of staff for Parris Island and the Eastern Recruiting Region. During the same timeframe, rifle qual rates for the female battalion soared from 79 percent to 91 percent.

There is no reason at all for 4th Bn to have such a pathetic qualification percentage.  Physical strength has jack shit to do with rifle qualification.  Piss poor discipline and preparation is the issue.  

Keep in mind this is merely qualification percentage, not even related to expert qualification, I bet experts were like unicorns over in 4th Bn.  

A4s don't help.

And then expecting her to carry a pack is an even bigger joke

If you can't qual with an A4 and an ACOG there is no way you will ever be worth shit.

a 5'0" chick in body armor trying to qual on an A4 is a joke.  You can't put the ACOG far enough back to get the proper eye relief.

And expecting her to carry a pack for a full hump is a joke too
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

"She got fired" means that she was relieved of her command. She's still in the Corps, but this is a career ender for her. Her officer's record now shows that she lost the trust of her superiors, who deem her unable to command Marines. She will forever be relegated to nothing jobs that lead nowhere and will never be promoted again. She may be able to finish out her 20 and retire, but it will be miserable and being relieved of a command will be a dark cloud that will forever hang over her head.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Some people use the word asshole to describe anyone that doesn't put up with their shit and/or puts a crimp in their style. Same with the word bitch.
View Quote

Damn it woman, changing your avatar like that screws me up on who is posting.

Officers who are assholes or bitches fundamentally do not understand their job.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

She's right you know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Witnesses said she implied that sexual assault is "100 percent preventable" and that "by drinking, you are putting yourself in a position to be sexually assaulted."

She's right you know.

Stop blaming the victim!  

That wook sounds like a squared away Marine, good for her, too bad she got canned for speaking the truth.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm.

Exactly.

Lots of mods-in-training in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Josh isn't exactly that famous or prolific for someone who had joined last month to already have a grudge against him, unless he already had a grudge against him because he joined again last month.

You retreads should really try harder if you really want to stay around.

Shit, I don't even think he's even responded to this thread.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Is this really what my fucking Marine Corps is coming to? Worrying about "protected class discrimination" and "victim blaming" and other Marxist drivel?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

non-concur.

there is a place for it.

Training is definitely a place for it.

she is there to turn little girls into marines.

man (so to speak) the fuck up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Josh isn't exactly that famous or prolific for someone who had joined last month to already have a grudge against him, unless he already had a grudge against him because he joined again last month.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, because it is absolutely unfathomable that someone could have been reading this forum for a while before registering.  I have no grudge against him-  it simply amuses me that whenever there is a .mil/physics/*.* thread that he and several others always chime in with their "expertise" and mocking.  

If you are feeling lucky, go ahead and report me.  I am quite certain I'll survive any scrutiny.

See you next Tuesday!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

ROFL!!

Every BAM Officer worth a damn is.

The good ones are rare, and if she is pissing off the precious sensibilities of her juniors by being harsh, she's a good one.
I hope she goes all Al Gray up in the face of the poofers on the way out.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

non-concur.

there is a place for it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

non-concur.

there is a place for it.

I agree. They aren't there to have tea parties and cotillions. They are there to train soldiers/marines/etc. Why do you think drills act the way they do?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
non-concur.

there is a place for it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

non-concur.

there is a place for it.

Don't change the goal posts.  Boot is not the fleet.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Pizza boxes while demanding higher standards......

In all, good on her.  She wanted to keep her Marines alive.
View Quote

I thought they were toilet seats....
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks libatards for fucking up USMC.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Second battalion is best battalion.
View Quote

Rah!

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

non-concur.

there is a place for it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

non-concur.

there is a place for it.

Agreed 100%
The NCO/O corps are not what they were 5-10 years ago.  
Taking care of troops and training has completely given way to death-by-powerpoint and PC.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks libatards for fucking up USMC.  
View Quote

I knew it was fucked when The Great and Mighty General Mattis was forced to retire.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

"She got fired" means that she was relieved of her command. She's still in the Corps, but this is a career ender for her. Her officer's record now shows that she lost the trust of her superiors, who deem her unable to command Marines. She will forever be relegated to nothing jobs that lead nowhere and will never be promoted again. She may be able to finish out her 20 and retire, but it will be miserable and being relieved of a command will be a dark cloud that will forever hang over her head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotcha. Thanks for that.

Sounds like she is done.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I did boot camp at Ft Dix and then served in 5th Force Recon. Trust me, I know this stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you kidding ?

doing fine.
keep up the good work, sailor.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

non-concur.

there is a place for it.

whats the article about?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not in my experience.

Anyone can crack the whip and beat their underlings "until moral improves".  

Tact goes a long way, whether you're wearing the uniform or not.  To me, it sounds like her abrasiveness rubbed someone the wrong way just one too many times.

Her message was sound.  Her delivery may have been flawed because of her personality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. Most effective commanders are either bitches or assholes. Hell, most men brag about their assholishness. As long as they get the job done and keep their men alive, who gives a flying fuck?

Not in my experience.

Anyone can crack the whip and beat their underlings "until moral improves".  

Tact goes a long way, whether you're wearing the uniform or not.  To me, it sounds like her abrasiveness rubbed someone the wrong way just one too many times.

Her message was sound.  Her delivery may have been flawed because of her personality.

I'll go with this. I frequently saw this with men and women with that style in a civilian setting. As they move up the ranks, they eventually blow up because nobody took the effort to counsel and mentor them..

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
whats the article about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

non-concur.

there is a place for it.

whats the article about?

Sorry cut the quote thread when I replied.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah.

what the chick said.

Meh. My best leaders in the Corps were guys who earned my loyalty though other ways besides being a asshole.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Every effective leader must have the ability to turn it on.  Otherwise you are going to get walked on.  

You spent your marine career at the fire team level.  You were indoctrinated in the proper manner of behaving.  In different units, and at different times, you don't have that homogeneity of culture.

Being a nice guy all the time is a luxury of being in a good unit.

Anyone can command a good unit.

Unfuck a screwed up one.

You are going to be an asshole.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Is she as good looking in person?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is she as good looking in person?

She is quite easy on the eyes for a WM. Has to be because she is an officer. In my experience they were pulled from a superior gene pool than your average enlisted WM. It does suck that her speaking the truth and trying to get her recruits to live up to a higher standard got her sacked. I often wondered how long the Corps would be able to resist the PC pussification, and I see its already underway. Oh, my beloved Corps!!  
Page / 4
Top Top