Slow down there, cowboy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ill take care of RI, sending you an IM.

Slow down there, cowboy.

Yeah just now seeing this is an old dead thread....shame would have loved to help.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure his kid is in college now, which is keeping OP very busy.

And to think I sent him some of our finest MS mud.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Hell, send me alll the dirt. My kids will do something fun with it.
View Quote

Are you shitting us ??!!?? Nobody could afford the postage.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Just trying to keep the mob from getting too riled up is all.

That being said, I'm genuinely curious why he checked out. Some of the guys sent more than dirt, and some of the "extras" were pretty darn thoughtful.

I just hope it doesn't dissuade others from participating in similar threads later. I always love seeing the group come together, and it usually works out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting. Somehow I missed this thread when it was originally started. I would have gladly sent him some NE Ohio dirt - maybe from the shores of the Cuyahoga or something. Looks like two other Buckeyes sent him some, so that was nice.

Kind of sad to see how it turned out, but it's not THAT expensive to send a bit of dirt in a flat rate box. I don't think people should be super upset or anything. Shit happens.

It's not about how much it cost to ship it.

Just trying to keep the mob from getting too riled up is all.

That being said, I'm genuinely curious why he checked out. Some of the guys sent more than dirt, and some of the "extras" were pretty darn thoughtful.

I just hope it doesn't dissuade others from participating in similar threads later. I always love seeing the group come together, and it usually works out.
It's a lot more than that and you know it. OP was even gifted a membership in this thread.

Oh well.

Spot on.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
OP doesn't answer IM's.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah just now seeing this is an old dead thread....shame would have loved to help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slow down there, cowboy.

It wouldn't have mattered.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#7]
the beach sand all around Oahu are different colors, texture, and content.  It's pretty amazing.

Great job on your project.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:21:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I have enjoyed following this thread. It seems that we as a group can't agree about the best color for grass, but when a man needs help for his son, ARFCOM
members seem to always step up and go out of their way with time and money. Your son must be as proud of you for helping with this project and showing him
how to complete what you start as I am with the members of this fine site.

Since last years project went so well, I am  going to step out of my lane and propose a project that you and your son might enjoy for the next school year.
Leaves. Yes, tree leaves.

You could once again ask for the goodwill of the members here to send your son leaves from the trees in their local area. They could spend the time to press
and dry the leaves before mailing (no one wants a bunch of shriveled up leaves for a project such as this)

This is going to be great, maybe even ARFCOM101 worthy. In a few years, your son could come to this site and look up this thread and proudly tell his friends
"that's my dad, see what he did for me "
Since the IM storage here sucks without a team membership, I am going to buy you another one so that you are sure to receive all the messages that will
be coming in.

Please give my best regards to your son,
bajagringo
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have enjoyed following this thread. It seems that we as a group can't agree about the best color for grass, but when a man needs help for his son, ARFCOM

members seem to always step up and go out of their way with time and money. Your son must be as proud of you for helping with this project and showing him

Since last years project went so well, I am  going to step out of my lane and propose a project that you and your son might enjoy for the next school year.

You could once again ask for the goodwill of the members here to send your son leaves from the trees in their local area. They could spend the time to press

and dry the leaves before mailing (no one wants a bunch of shriveled up leaves for a project such as this)

This is going to be great, maybe even ARFCOM101 worthy. In a few years, your son could come to this site and look up this thread and proudly tell his friends

Since the IM storage here sucks without a team membership, I am going to buy you another one so that you are sure to receive all the messages that will

be coming in.

bajagringo
View Quote

OUT-FUCKING-STANDING !!!! Do still have his address ?? I'll send Pine Tree Needles - there are many many types of pine trees all with different needles. This will be fun - again.

Great idea on gifting another membership. We should renew it every year until his son becomes of age. If someone will remind my old ass I will pony up for the next renewal. Again - great idea Baha !!!!

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:33:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't wait! Fall is coming, I'll have some pine cones, pine needles, some Amour Maple leaves (beautiful in the fall), sugar maple and some other various leaves to box up.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:11:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

be coming in.

bajagringo
View All Quotes
Quoted:

be coming in.

bajagringo

Awesome.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell, send me alll the dirt. My kids will do something fun with it.

Are you shitting us ??!!?? Nobody could afford the postage.

I'm a nyer. Aussie gun ban, lady liberty, red white and blue flag...
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn

Once again foiled by an update, at least if it stay out of archive maybe, just maybe he will be famous like wenzel

Shame on you OP
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#15]
HA! I still have his address ..
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, so this is over and done with, right?  I was gonna get him some dirt from Quantico and DC…
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I think arfcommers who frequently travel should start sending him dirt from all over the world.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's over
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, so this is over and done with, right?  I was gonna get him some dirt from Quantico and DC…

It's over

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's over
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's over

Yup, it's over. All that remains are the memories.

And the shame.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

And the shame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's over

And the shame.
And the thread bumps.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Nothing is over !

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Bump - Bump - Bump
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#24]
And to think I sent that boy some of the finest dirt MS has to offer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Slow down there, cowboy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slow down there, cowboy.

Just spit my morning coffee everywhere. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe the OP will return someday.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:39:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's here everyday.

In fact, he's logged in right now.

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He's here everyday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's here everyday.

Do you think he comes to the thread and laughs at all the guys that helped him and his son out or maybe something happened he just doesnt want to talk about?
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do you think he comes to the thread and laughs at all the guys that helped him and his son out or maybe something happened he just doesnt want to talk about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's here everyday.

I would guess something happened, maybe the project was cancelled or something, and he doesn't want to deal with it. I wouldn't have a problem with something like that or some other situation that is beyond his control. Stuff like that happens. What sucks is getting everyone to go out of their way to help his son, people even sending him extra stuff besides what he asked for, and he leaves us with no explanation of what happened. Pretty low, in my opinion.  The thread gets bumped all the time when he's logged in, people have mentioned it to him in other threads, and some have sent him an IM about it.

But who knows? There may be something else going on like you suggested. But he refuses to answer up, so we'll never know until he explains himself.

ETA: This situation is very similar to another one that happened years ago on another forum I used to hang out at.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#31]

I would guess something happened, maybe the project was cancelled or something, and he doesn't want to deal with it. I wouldn't have a problem with something like that or some other situation that is beyond his control. Stuff like that happens. What sucks is getting everyone to go out of their way to help his son, people even sending him extra stuff besides what he asked for, and he leaves us with no explanation of what happened. Pretty low, in my opinion.  The thread gets bumped all the time when he's logged in, people have mentioned it to him in other threads, and some have sent him an IM about it.

But who knows? There may be something else going on like you suggested. But he refuses to answer up, so we'll never know until he explains himself.

ETA: This situation is very similar to another one that happened years ago on another forum I used to hang out at.

View Quote

Maybe his membership expired and he can't find this thread.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Weird.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm betting somebody wont let that happen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone should call him out to the pit

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:29:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why? Does it need to be filled with dirt?

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:30:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I chuckled heartily.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:36:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I chuckled heartily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I chuckled heartily.

I admit it was a dirty trick.

I have soiled my reputation.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:45:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I chuckled heartily.

lulz      damn lulz upon lulz.

thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:02:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

thanks guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I chuckled heartily.

thanks guys.

We're trying to have a down-to-earth discussion here.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:06:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We're trying to have a down-to-earth discussion here.  

View Quote

staaaahp my keyboard can't take any more!
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:08:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

staaaahp my keyboard can't take any more!
View Quote

Installing a ground strap might help.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Hey Scratch - Another school year is upon us. Do you have another project for your son ??? If so please let us know so we can help out your son - again.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#49]
ejeviking

Thanks

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1909739_No_Good_Deed_Goes_Unpunished___Discuss.html&page=1#i62049543

View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1909739_No_Good_Deed_Goes_Unpunished___Discuss.html&page=1#i62049543

A nice kick in the balls, isnt it.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top