View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks can be sexy too.

<a href="http://imgur.com/ghQgzTB" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/ghQgzTB.jpg</a>

Moar pics of the car

2010 Cayenne S Transsyberia, one of 200 in the US in this color pattern. It's an offroad tank.
<a href="http://imgur.com/Qec6eUC" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/Qec6eUC.jpg</a>

<a href="http://imgur.com/g12CxAk" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/g12CxAk.jpg</a>

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57209742.jpg

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't settle I just wanted one or two of each ethnic group
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I would also like to add the old addage...

"A 1911 is what you show your friends. A Glock is what you show your enemies."
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I had that.  Mine was yellow.

I have 1911's from Wilson, Nighthawk, and Colt.  I CCW'd a German made P228 for 3 years and then I settled for a Glock.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't.  My Glocks are the best I've found for concealed carry.    They're relatively light, easy to shoot, and hard to make rust.   They go bang every time I pull the trigger.  What else can I ask for?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Ops woman makes the best fucking cupcakes I have ever had. The ones with the chocolate on top were amazing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:19:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I disliked them on principle. Tupperware plastic pieces of shit. Buddy was selling a 26 for $325 back in the early 2000s and let me shoot it first. Instant love affair. Accurate, fits my hand well, no external safeties to fool around with. Goes bang where you point it with a decent trigger. Now I got 4 total.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:26:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Glocks can be sexy too.

<a href="http://imgur.com/ghQgzTB" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/ghQgzTB.jpg</a>
View Quote

You got some kind of fancy trigger in that or is that hammer/striker down

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks can be sexy too.

I don't keep that one chambered.

I knew someone would comment on that. DK trigger is coming....soon.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks can be sexy too.

It's ok, I'm not serious even if it is a serious matter.

Ha! Funny. My mom was moving stuff around in her shed and came across a bunch of my old Navy stuff. Mostly letters from my best pal and my brother amongst other items. On the envelopes we would write stupid shit on the out side of them. The one I have said, "It's OK, it's all just a joke. A very serious joke..."

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#11]
So for the record I "settled" to use your term on a Glock mostly due to work reasons. It's got its place, it's a great carry gun.

I own:
Sig P6 (Made in W Germany)
Sig 229
FNP-9 (sold)
Smith & Wesson M&P 40 (which is my go-to gun because I love that gun)
and a Glock 19

Next up is a 1911 to round out the collection. Just having trouble deciding which one.

The Sig and the Smith & Wesson FEEL much sturdier, but the Glock is a tough little bastard even if it ejects brass straight up. I've trusted a Glock 19 with my life, and I'd trust it in a heartbeat again, it's just not my #1 go-to handgun.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Funny thread but I used to own a bunch of 1911's and most of them were not as reliable as my G19.
so I got rid of all my handguns I didn't trust (all my 1911s) and kept my glocks. i havemt looked back yet
View Quote

I was there too.  I LOVE 1911's.  But between stoppages and parts falling off and breaking (improper stakings, bad metal, yada) I decided that Glock was going to be my basic go to.  I kept my two reliable 1911's but they are a bit special.  One is a Springfield compact that with 3 trips back to factory and the final being through the custom shop is great.  The other is an old and ugly combat commander in nickel that took a trip through Kings Custom and will feed spent shells and is completely reliable.  The Colt needs nothing and runs great, the Springfield likes to be clean with a bit of slide grease.  My 2 G19's and my G29 have never been cleaned and one of the g19's has like 7K rounds through it.  The G19's have stovepiped a few times but that is a simple rack and clear.  When my 1911's would seize it was a bit of fiddling to clear it.  ALL guns will occasionally seize and ease of fixing it is part of the whole reliability package.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
LOL

I carried a 1911 for many years and while the 1911 trigger is better the Glock is a step up for most of the things I want from a fighting handgun.

I do not feel like I settled with my Glock 19.
View Quote

I have a 1911a1 in 10mm, colt delta elite and it has the finest trigger you can get, supreme accuracy.

Also have a glock in 10mm, it does not have a nice trigger but has almost double the capacity and what seems to be half the weight. Glocks are accurate enough.

The delta elite seems to get beat up more than the glock.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So for the record I "settled" to use your term on a Glock mostly due to work reasons. It's got its place, it's a great carry gun.

I own:
FNP-9 (sold)
and a Glock 19

Next up is a 1911 to round out the collection. Just having trouble deciding which one.
View Quote

A cheaper 'beater' 1911 that will run all day but not be all that pretty. Then an expensive pure sex 1911 to impress folks with but never shoot.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Glock=
- Goes bang every time
- Clean every 20,000 rounds
- More accurate than I am (and than you are)
View Quote

I know for a fact that we have some shooters on this board who are capable of having less than 3" of unsupported shooter error at 25 yards, which is roughly the group size you can expect from the average Glock in a Ransom rest. And BTW, that group size of the pistol is added on to the error of the shooter; it's not one or the other. Which is why every shooter becomes better with a more accurate pistol or rifle, and not just the good shooters. Which is why "more accurate than I am" is one of the dumbest fucking sayings in the history of shooting sports. It ranks up there with using "clip" for a spring-loaded magazine.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I didn't settle.  I chose my G19 freely!

Rev_Jason
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:46:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I was there too.  I LOVE 1911's.  But between stoppages and parts falling off and breaking (improper stakings, bad metal, yada) I decided that Glock was going to be my basic go to.  I kept my two reliable 1911's but they are a bit special.  One is a Springfield compact that with 3 trips back to factory and the final being through the custom shop is great.  The other is an old and ugly combat commander in nickel that took a trip through Kings Custom and will feed spent shells and is completely reliable.  The Colt needs nothing and runs great, the Springfield likes to be clean with a bit of slide grease.  My 2 G19's and my G29 have never been cleaned and one of the g19's has like 7K rounds through it.  The G19's have stovepiped a few times but that is a simple rack and clear.  When my 1911's would seize it was a bit of fiddling to clear it.  ALL guns will occasionally seize and ease of fixing it is part of the whole reliability package.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny thread but I used to own a bunch of 1911's and most of them were not as reliable as my G19.
so I got rid of all my handguns I didn't trust (all my 1911s) and kept my glocks. i havemt looked back yet

I had to re-stake a plunger and currently still need to tune the extractor... Nothing straight up 'broke' off or anything but had to change all the followers in my mags to rounded smooth followers to get reliable feeding, then the plunger, then the extractor. I don't think I have ever fired more then a few hundred rounds through the ProCarry with out an issue popping up. Now my 1991A1 on the other hand, unstoppable at this point. Somewhere around 1k rounds no issues. It's not the 7k plus I have through my 226 but it's something.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A cheaper 'beater' 1911 that will run all day but not be all that pretty. Then an expensive pure sex 1911 to impress folks with but never shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I own:
FNP-9 (sold)
and a Glock 19

That's actually the advice I got from a guy who has forgotten more about gunfighting than I probably will ever know.

Must be true
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Because I didn't own one. Now I do.

G19. I like it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#21]
stupid thread. I have several 1911s,  I didn't "settle" on a glock.

I selected a firearm that is lighter,  carries more ammo, is more reliable, and I don't worry about sweat or something screwing up the finish.

glock also points better and handles dirt better.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Ive owned a few 1911's since I was 17. I absolutely love them, and I still have a Springfield 1911 that was my first carry gun at 18.
The finish is worn down, and beautiful.! It shoots better than I'll ever be. Customized it, have a nice Mtac for it.
I was all about 1911's for a long time!

But with my blue label discount, I fell in love with my G19.  It's an amazing gun and for $400 how can I not love tupperware?

I cant find a better pistol, Im buying a VP9 and PPQ in the next few weeks, Ive shot them...they're awesome. But Ill end up buying a few more Glocks. I actually want to find a pistol I like more than a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I had to re-stake a plunger and currently still need to tune the extractor... Nothing straight up 'broke' off or anything but had to change all the followers in my mags to rounded smooth followers to get reliable feeding, then the plunger, then the extractor. I don't think I have ever fired more then a few hundred rounds through the ProCarry with out an issue popping up. Now my 1991A1 on the other hand, unstoppable at this point. Somewhere around 1k rounds no issues. It's not the 7k plus I have through my 226 but it's something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  That plunger tube is an issue.  They WILL work loose in an aluminum frame and might in a steel frame if not properly staked.  The ejector will also work loose in an aluminum frame. I had a 70 series Colt shear off the slide release and finding the right one with the right period bluing was a pain.  So I could sell the stupid thing.  The extractor...  Where to start.  When it is bent and "tuned" just right it is fine.  But that is not a recipe for long term reliability.  Also in my Springfield it turns out they do not capture the plunger spring/detent for the safety which is fun surprise during disassembly...  So many 1911 manufacturers are winging it and not letting us know.

I think the 1911 is a great pistol in it's original spec which is an all steel, hammer forged and somewhat hand-fitted parts pistol designed to shoot a 230 grain round nose bullet. It's fun to take a properly designed one apart as intended with the firing pin and main spring.  But that is not the majority of 1911's out there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:25:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
<Idiot Blather>
View Quote

Your thread is fucking dildos and I doubt you even own guns.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:25:15 AM EDT
[#25]
the fact that you actually believe that a 1911 is better than a Glock leads me to believe that you are either mentally retarded or in need
of a lot of psychiatric medicine.     Don't make us take out some mental health petitions on your ass!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Obsessively anti-Glock people are weird.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:30:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Spend $2k on a gun that will need several hundred rounds to break in and may still have to go back to the factory to be tuned vs. $500 and a gun you can use right out of the box.

Here is the test. Bad guys are beating down the door, there is a whatever brand new 1911 loaded on the table right next to a brand new loaded Glock. The door is splintering, you can only choose one. Which one do you grab?
View Quote

False pretense.

I choose option q:

I grab MY OWN axe and start chopping through the door the other way. Then when they get through, I feed them the 1911 rectally. That way I know it's going to harm them.

Then shoot them with the Glock.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:52:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
According to LAV the 1911 is the M4 of the handgun world while the Glock is the AK of the handgun world. Ak goes in trash can, thus glock goes in trash can.
View Quote

Although the logic is misapplied, here is a 14'er who has done some study of the lore of ARFCOM. Well done young padawn.

The correct answer is another arfcom truism....get both.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:55:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I disliked them on principle. Tupperware plastic pieces of shit. Buddy was selling a 26 for $325 back in the early 2000s and let me shoot it first. Instant love affair. Accurate, fits my hand well, no external safeties to fool around with. Goes bang where you point it with a decent trigger. Now I got 4 total.
View Quote

It's not plastic, it's ceramic.  Jesus, read a book.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Glocks can be sexy too.

http://i.imgur.com/ghQgzTB.jpg
View Quote
You have freakishly small hands

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

2010 Cayenne S Transsyberia, one of 200 in the US in this color pattern. It's an offroad tank.

http://i.imgur.com/Qec6eUC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/g12CxAk.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glocks can be sexy too.

Moar pics of the car

LOL, freakishly small...other parts too?

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#32]
because I could afford a g19 that would work, vs a cheap 1911 that wouldn't work.

I'll get a 1911 one day. A nice one that works. But for now, the g19 does the trick.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks can be sexy too.

Moar pics of the car

It seems like you are a little obsessed with the cock
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I could have gone with a $1k 1911, but with the $500 I saved by buying a glock instead I was able to afford the next oil change on my ferrari.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Meh with 9mm youll need all of those 16 rounds

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its already a .45. Why would you want to change it?

Holy hell. Now you're starting the 9 vs 45 war?! You're good.

.45 hurts more. Fact

http://www.thehulltruth.com/attachments/dockside-chat/389450d1389833903-38-vs-40-45.jpg

Meh I'll take 15+1 9mm over 8+1 .45 all day.
<a href="http://s280.photobucket.com/user/7lf10/media/F69BFAAA-2C6E-40C0-8E20-F5DEB29F8F2E_zpsqx5yci6k.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/7lf10/F69BFAAA-2C6E-40C0-8E20-F5DEB29F8F2E_zpsqx5yci6k.jpg</a>

Meh with 9mm youll need all of those 16 rounds

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Glock owners in this thread that haven't had a malfunction with their Glocks are fooling themselves or just don't shoot that much.

Agreed.

+1
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Glock owners in this thread that haven't had a malfunction with their Glocks are fooling themselves or just don't shoot that much.

Agreed.

But, but, perfection....

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Obsessively anti-Glock people are weird.
View Quote

This.

I love 1911s, don't get me wrong, they're beautiful and SOOOO tempting, even at the 2-3k dollar range...  but having carried them (I'm old), shot them, and dealt with various issues (weight, lack of capacity, lack of reliability on the more expensive non-USGI models), I started carrying a G19.

After almost 16k rounds through my 20+ year old G19 Gen2, the striker spring finally died and I started getting light primer strikes on every 5th or so round.    Up to that point I'd had maybe 30 or so ammunition or magazine related failures to feed or extract.
BTW, the gun still fired 4/5 rounds even with a dead striker spring.

After spending 28 dollars on new recoil spring (why not) and striker spring and the little punch tool, it's back up and humming like a sewing machine.

That's after Mike_P worked his trigger magic, too, which you know 'makes them unreliable'.

So, yeah.   I'll just stick with what I know, which is that the 9mm Glock is a gun that fires when you pull the trigger, provided that you actually replace the springs every 20 years or so.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks can be sexy too.

My hands are on the big side.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The difference is the 1911 owners that shoot as much will experience MANY more malfunctions and have to replace more parts routinely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

+1

The difference is the 1911 owners that shoot as much will experience MANY more malfunctions and have to replace more parts routinely.

I think that may depend on the 1911 and the manufacture. Glock is made by Glock. 1911's are made by damn near everyone...

Some do it right and some don't. 1911's were made to be 5" full size guns and shoot 230gr ball ammo. Start deviating from that and problems may occur in greater frequency. A properly built 1911 with proper mags will be just reliable. Though more routine inspection and spring changes may be necessary. That's not to say Glock is without its faults.

The big thing now is merely ammo cost. How many people can afford to shoot .45 like they do 9mm?

I can get Perfecta 9mm for $10.97 while .45 is $16.97 at Walmart.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think that may depend on the 1911 and the manufacture. Glock is made by Glock. 1911's are made by damn near everyone...

Some do it right and some don't. 1911's were made to be 5" full size guns and shoot 230gr ball ammo. Start deviating from that and problems may occur in greater frequency. A properly built 1911 with proper mags will be just reliable. Though more routine inspection and spring changes may be necessary. That's not to say Glock is without its faults.

The big thing now is merely ammo cost. How many people can afford to shoot .45 like they do 9mm?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

+1

The cheapest ammo at Walmart is Federal Aluminum. $9.99/50 for 9mm and $14.99/50 for .45. Both have worked great for me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Not here it's not. Perfecta is the cheapest in town and after shipping it's still cheaper then ordering in bulk online. And online that's for Remanufactured ammo.

ETA: shit, you are right. I glanced over the "aluminum". If I can get brass for a few cents per round more I will. I feel like I'm losing out if I don't get some brass out of the deal. Though for .223 I only buy steel case due the the price difference.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks can be sexy too.

BB must be a size queen, so unfortunately you don't rate his standards.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks can be sexy too.

It's ok, I'm not into dudes anyways.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ha! Funny. My mom was moving stuff around in her shed and came across a bunch of my old Navy stuff. Mostly letters from my best pal and my brother amongst other items. On the envelopes we would write stupid shit on the out side of them. The one I have said, "It's OK, it's all just a joke. A very serious joke..."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks can be sexy too.

That's awesome
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top