BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

yeah cause fuck using a newer gun that works better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.   I just didn't join the band wagon of trying to be cool around my friends saying I owned the new plastic  gun.  I have my military background and was issued a 1911  .   the only plastic gun  I will ever own is loaded with water.    
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will never own a Glock even if they were free .   How's that for freedom

yeah you show us 13er!

New =/= better
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Damn, I've never considered the Glock a tyro's piece!  Too many n00bs like fingerfucking the trigger with often hilarious results (DC Metro, NYPD).  I always thought the external thumb safety first was protocol.  Color me surprised!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought my first Glock about 23 years ago when I first got a ccl.

As an inexperienced pistol shooter, I wanted a simple gun I could pull the trigger and shoot.

Damn, I've never considered the Glock a tyro's piece!  Too many n00bs like fingerfucking the trigger with often hilarious results (DC Metro, NYPD).  I always thought the external thumb safety first was protocol.  Color me surprised!

Follow the simple rules and all.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yeah you tell us 14er. enthrall us all with your internetz wisdom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock makes two good guns: the G17 and G19, everything else is a half-assed adaptation of those two blueprints.

With each generation, the guns suck more--why do they still make G3's if the G4 is so damn great?

Why do generational hybrids based off of OLD designs like the Vickers Glocks (of which I own the G19) sell so well when they come out?

Why do people think that if you want a hammer fired gun you need a 1911 and if you want striker fired  you want a Glock?

I have IWI, Sig, and CZ hammer fired 9's and the HK VP7 out Glocks the Glock at striker fire.

Cheap 1911s work, I have had a ROC 45 that is completely flawless and is excellent for carry.

Glocks, and any other pistol, aren't flawless and I've had issues with a G4 G19 and a G3 G29--but Glock fanboys state that it must be "limp wristing."

Glocks come with shit ass plastic sights that disintegrate in Kydex holsters.

I personally get more excited over CZ clones and am hoping that the BHP will see 1911 like resurgence--since really there are only two pistol calibers for semis (9 and 45) and I'm turning gay for 9mm again.

That 14er is one of our more knowledgeable members here and when it comes to handguns, his is an opinion I respect.

But I digress; the answer to the question...."what is the most reliable and accurate turnkey .45 ACP pistol right out of the box?" is SIG P220.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
These are for the games.

These are for carry and defense.

This is for shits and giggles.

And I have
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That 14er is one of our more knowledgeable members here and when it comes to handguns, his is an opinion I respect.

But I digress; the answer to the question...."what is the most reliable and accurate turnkey .45 ACP pistol right out of the box?" is SIG P220.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/americafirst46/dscn2120p_zps8ddf3aff.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock makes two good guns: the G17 and G19, everything else is a half-assed adaptation of those two blueprints.

With each generation, the guns suck more--why do they still make G3's if the G4 is so damn great?

Why do generational hybrids based off of OLD designs like the Vickers Glocks (of which I own the G19) sell so well when they come out?

Why do people think that if you want a hammer fired gun you need a 1911 and if you want striker fired  you want a Glock?

I have IWI, Sig, and CZ hammer fired 9's and the HK VP7 out Glocks the Glock at striker fire.

Cheap 1911s work, I have had a ROC 45 that is completely flawless and is excellent for carry.

Glocks, and any other pistol, aren't flawless and I've had issues with a G4 G19 and a G3 G29--but Glock fanboys state that it must be "limp wristing."

I personally get more excited over CZ clones and am hoping that the BHP will see 1911 like resurgence--since really there are only two pistol calibers for semis (9 and 45) and I'm turning gay for 9mm again.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/americafirst46/dscn2120p_zps8ddf3aff.jpg

That thing even comes with metal sights out of the box
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I already know you are wondering why everyone doesn't have a $3000 Springfield Professional like you. I'd rather buy a $500 gun that holds twice as many rounds, needs less maintenance, as weighs less.
View Quote

and there it is.  /thread
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn't.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nobody's perfect
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Lame Troll
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Or "bad mags", "not broken in yet", "I was limp wristing"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I already know you are wondering why everyone doesn't have a $3000 Springfield Professional like you. I'd rather buy a $500 gun that holds twice as many rounds, needs less maintenance, as weighs less.

plus, you can rely on your $500 gun to run properly. People with explicit faith in 1911's should read more of Hilton Yam's articles. If your 1911 hasn't failed, you are either lying or not shooting it.

watched more then a few glocks fail.
Back when I was single and shooting a lot and going to classes I saw 1911s choke all the time. The excuses are like the Oly owners's group "someone modified it" "It's a bad brand" "not properly maintained" "too tight" etc  

Or "bad mags", "not broken in yet", "I was limp wristing"

That one's spouted by people shooting Glocks, bro.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#11]
meh I love my glock. I do plan on buying other guns too
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Back when I was single and shooting a lot and going to classes I saw 1911s choke all the time. The excuses are like the Oly owners's group "someone modified it" "It's a bad brand" "not properly maintained" "too tight" etc  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

plus, you can rely on your $500 gun to run properly. People with explicit faith in 1911's should read more of Hilton Yam's articles. If your 1911 hasn't failed, you are either lying or not shooting it.

watched more then a few glocks fail.

All 1911s are the same. All ARs are the same.

Man, this Vulcan AR sure is a piece of shit.

ARs are unreliable. People always making excuses for them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So you have ragrets then?
View All Quotes

Dammit, I got double negatived!

I will edit my post, but still feel ashamed!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No.   I just didn't join the band wagon of trying to be cool around my friends saying I owned the new plastic  gun.  I have my military background and was issued a 1911  .   the only plastic gun  I will ever own is loaded with water.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah you show us 13er!

And that is allowed here in Merica. For now
For you to make your own choices of what to own and shoot.
You pick yours and I will pick mine. Sure we will both have a good day.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

New
Old=/= better
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah you show us 13er!

New
Old=/= better

Fixt
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nobody's perfect
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody's perfect

And I am nobody, soooo ______________
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Because I felt handwringing over the 1911's illusory superiority was a waste of time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, this thread has reached the stage where it's time to apply some of this to all of those with hurt butts.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been shooting Glocks since the Gen 2's came out... I have an on and off love affair with them. I still have dad's old Gen 2 G19 somewhere... Thing is that guns like his P228 and 38 Super commander lifted my skirt more and when I was old enough to carry in the 90s, the Rabbi offered me one of his guns and I took the 1911. I bought the G19 from him a year or so later.

I've owned about a dozen Glocks over the years and have monkeyed with some of them, left others stock, used some in competition. I think that LAV's G17 and G19 hybrids are probably the best examples of the species.

I love the G19s, but every other Glock I own has left me feeling "meh, I want something else." It's not about accuracy or reliability, I just like shooting other guns better, which just happens to be 1911s, and those have seen more holster time on my belt than any other type of gun.

The old man just gifted me an IWI Jericho 941 F... maybe it's the next best thing for me

With that said, the Sig P220 SAO match series are the tits when it comes to a "perfect 45 ACP semi."
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah you show us 13er!

Agreed, all my friends jumped on the plastics bandwagon...

That's my daily driver.  You and me will be laughing our asses off when this technology fad blows over.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh53/bloatingfloater/arfcom/24808483-770-02X_zpsyxd0mbjh.jpg

That's my daily driver.  You and me will be laughing our asses off when this technology fad blows over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah you show us 13er!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh53/bloatingfloater/arfcom/24808483-770-02X_zpsyxd0mbjh.jpg

Right!?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#24]
LOL

I carried a 1911 for many years and while the 1911 trigger is better the Glock is a step up for most of the things I want from a fighting handgun.

I do not feel like I settled with my Glock 19.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I shoot Glocks, but I have some interest in eventually picking up something really old school like a single action army or 1911 one day.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#26]
The good part        we  love the 2nd amendment.    and FBHO         this is just beans or no beans
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah you show us 13er!

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#27]
If I ever have to shoot someone in self defense my cheap ugly Glock or M&P will go into evidence and I'll still have my super nice 1911 and HKP7 in the safe......see how that works.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If I ever have to shoot someone in self defense my cheap ugly Glock or M&P will go into evidence and I'll still have my super nice 1911 and HKP7 in the safe......see how that works.
View Quote

then carry a highpoint.
I carry the gun that I am fastest and most accurate with.
if I get into a shooting I would gladly forfeit my 1911 after the fight if it gives me even a slight improvement in the odds of wining the fight.
see how that works?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

then carry a highpoint.
I carry the gun that I am fasted and most accurate with.
if I get into a shooting I would gladly forfeit my 1911 after the fight if it gives me even a slight improvement in the odds of wining the fight.
see how that works?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

then carry a highpoint.
I carry the gun that I am fasted and most accurate with.
see how that works?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Look at my diversified ass! I have both and love both. I carry them both (not at the same time) depending on my mood that day. I shoot my 1911 a little better but not enough to really make a difference. Both have been mostly reliable but I have had malfunctions with both. Get both gd. Get. Both.

I carry the revolver sometimes too! Hows that for an outdated POS?!

Funny troll thread op. Well done.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Look at my diviserified ass! I have both and love both. I carry them both (not at the same time) depending on my mood that day. I shoot my 1911 a little better but not enough to really make a difference. Both have been mostly reliable but I have had malfunctions with both. Get both gd. Get. Both.

http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/mitchellcj58/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsruvqomht.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/mitchellcj58/image_zpshttqpdyu.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Revolvers have shitty ergos.

jk
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

jk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look at my diviserified ass! I have both and love both. I carry them both (not at the same time) depending on my mood that day. I shoot my 1911 a little better but not enough to really make a difference. Both have been mostly reliable but I have had malfunctions with both. Get both gd. Get. Both.

http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/mitchellcj58/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsruvqomht.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/mitchellcj58/image_zpshttqpdyu.jpg</a>" />

jk

Don't start with me again.

I still have those memes I made for ya somewhere. I posted em in the pit last time though. I don't think I can call you a cunt in GD.....  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I sold my Wilson Combat CQB and bought a G17, G19, G26, G21, and G42. All new.

True story.

View Quote

I went the exact opposite. After carrying a Glock 19 for 8 years I sold my 17,19,26,34 for a Wilson 5" CQB, now I have 3 Wilsons and never going back to Glock
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I still have those memes I made for ya somewhere. I posted em in the pit last time though. I don't think I can call you a cunt in GD.....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

jk

How do you like the APL?

Also fix your goddamn spelling. Diviserified?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How do you like the APL?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

jk

How do you like the APL?

I like it a lot. Hasn't fallen off yet and turns on when I want it to.

And no. Suck it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spend $2k on a gun that will need several hundred rounds to break in and may still have to go back to the factory to be tuned vs. $500 and a gun you can use right out of the box.

Here is the test. Bad guys are beating down the door, there is a whatever brand new 1911 loaded on the table right next to a brand new loaded Glock. The door is splintering, you can only choose one. Which one do you grab?

Got that right! I'd hate to have a Glock end up in an evidence locker.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Some of us have multiple guns, OP.

You should try that flexibility.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Polymer sights for lightweight and ease of carry.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you're comparing 1911s to very high maintenance cars and women, then yes, you're correct.

View Quote

He is also be dishonest by posting pics of a Hi Point owner's car and wife.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some of us have un-neutered mags too.

I keed.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#44]
What a stupid thread.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spend $2k on a gun that will need several hundred rounds to break in and may still have to go back to the factory to be tuned vs. $500 and a gun you can use right out of the box.

Here is the test. Bad guys are beating down the door, there is a whatever brand new 1911 loaded on the table right next to a brand new loaded Glock. The door is splintering, you can only choose one. Which one do you grab?

I dont care what goes into an evidence locker, as long as I am alive to get it back
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I keed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keed.

As do we.  I enjoy mine.

Do you think that perfectly legal high capacity magazines don't exist here?  Really?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#47]
I didn't settle for just a G17. I've also got a Sig P226.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Dumb.
View Quote

Yeah. Lighter, more reliable, more corrosion resistant, multiple calibers on the same platform, easier operation, doesn't cost a fortune. All of these things make glock a better CCW choice than a 1911.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#49]
No Glock's here. I hate the way they feel in my hand so I got something BETTER
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top