Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
In for the intervention/police raid.

Have you ever visited a psychiatric hospital? Get your affairs in order.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Never tell them anything. Ever.

Here's the way to handle this, and I have to tell people over and over to do it this way.

Do not go into " This is none of your damn business, mah constitution !!!"

Don't even say it's none of their business.

Don't ask them why they're asking the question.

Play along, and smile. '

This is your answer.

" Nah, I ain't hunted since I was a kid. I do like to fish though. Man that's peaceful and relaxing. I got this spot over by ( name a spot somewhere near ) , and man they usually bite good there. One day when you're off if you like to fish you outta come out here and fish with me."

You have created a friendly dialogue, you have reached out to the Dr. as a friend, and you have not said anything negative. You've substituted a very common activity that is considered "normal" and non threatening.

If you refuse to answer, guess what, you answered, you've told them by your refusal that the question bothers you because you have guns and don't want them to know. They will mark that as you being a gun owner. They may mark no on the front sheet in front of you, but they will change that once you're gone.

If you get in a huff, angry , or respond like it bothers you, then you have answered yes, and they will note it. They will also note that you may be too unstable to own guns depending on how short your fuse is and how angry you get, multiplied by how far left they are.

So,, in conclusion friends, invite them fishing.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In for the intervention/police raid.

Have you ever visited a psychiatric hospital? Get your affairs in order.
View Quote

He'll be locked up in a rubber room, playing with his food...

OP - youve been warned.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody call dibbs on Guns and ammo?

Also hide yer Dag.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Was it an old one? They haven't been called Para-Ordnance in 7 years. Maybe you meant Para USA.

You also spelled Ordnance wrong. Sure you have OCD?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I forgot to add... I bought a Para1911 the other day.  Don't ask me why.  I just bought it.  Really... who in their right mind buys a "Para-Ordinance" pistol ??

Was it an old one? They haven't been called Para-Ordnance in 7 years. Maybe you meant Para USA.

I'm a bad speller.  Been a grammar spelling Nazi long??
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
They are being pressured to snitch out their patients all records are readily accessible to government....anyone who spills his guts to any
psychiatrist is nuts.
name rank and serial number
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:48:07 AM EDT
[#8]
We still don't know what kind of psychiatric drugs you're on. Maybe he had a good reason for asking. Who knows.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:51:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What does that word mean?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The number of guns you have by the sounds of it.

Very inciteful of you.

What does that word mean?

According to the Supreme Court?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:59:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right up front... I have OCD and have been treated decades for it.  I went to see the doc today (new one at the office) to get my medicine refilled.  He wants to know if I'm a hoarder.  I tell him I am.  He wants to know what I hoard.  I tell him guns and watches.  He wants to know how many guns I have.  I tell him "lots" and as many watches.  He keeps pressing and pressing for me to tell him exactly how many guns I have.  I finally told him I'm not going to say anything more than "lots".

What is it any of his business HOW MANY guns I possess?? What is he fishing for?  Your thoughts appreciated!!

Lock her down, boys. This one's done.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:23:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Right up front... I have OCD and have been treated decades for it.  I went to see the doc today (new one at the office) to get my medicine refilled.  He wants to know if I'm a hoarder.  I tell him I am.  He wants to know what I hoard.  I tell him guns and watches.  He wants to know how many guns I have.  I tell him "lots" and as many watches.  He keeps pressing and pressing for me to tell him exactly how many guns I have.  I finally told him I'm not going to say anything more than "lots".

What is it any of his business HOW MANY guns I possess??  What is he fishing for?  Your thoughts appreciated!!
View Quote

Let me see if I've got this straight.

1- you went to a psychiatrist.

2- you admitted to having a mental disorder.

3- you admitted to owning firearms. Not just 1,or a couple, but by your own admission,  "LOTS"

Lol. Good luck with that dude. Maybe after the police arrive for the welfare check and confiscate your weapons, you'll learn to STFU.

Or not.

I'm going to go with "not".
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:30:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder how crazy Gunny Steve is.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:31:52 AM EDT
[#13]
First of its kind troll thread?  Has this been done before?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:36:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Almost 24 hours have passed since my appointment yesterday and not one visit/contact by LEO.  I think everything will be OK.  Moderator, please delete/lock this thread if you would be so kind.  I received the info I had sought... many, many times over!  Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I forgot to add... I bought a Para1911 the other day.  Don't ask me why.  I just bought it.  Really... who in their right mind buys a "Para-Ordinance" pistol ??

It was more about the Para thing, but I didn't want to go in with just one point.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It was more about the Para thing, but I didn't want to go in with just one point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally understand.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I still don't see that as normal.  

Why do you have that many? Lots of different calibers, different configurations?  Are they different, the same, etc.  Talk me through the rationale that's behind owning a bunch of a non-consumable which are seemingly the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many people don't understand 10-15 AR15s as being normal.

Why do you have that many? Lots of different calibers, different configurations?  Are they different, the same, etc.  Talk me through the rationale that's behind owning a bunch of a non-consumable which are seemingly the same.

It's so you can pass them out to friends and neighbors if needed. Ammo, parts, and functional compatibility are good things.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's so you can pass them out to friends and neighbors if needed. Ammo, parts, and functional compatibility are good things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ain't no communist state.  They can buy their own guns.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Strange, I thought it was a psychiatrist that was asking, not the government.

Don't go to a guy to get help if you don't want help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You sir are a collector, not a hoarder.

One of the few times when dishonesty is the best policy is when the government is asking about your guns.

How do you know? Have you been in his house? Did he state how much ammo and guns he has and whether he uses them?

Yes, even large collections can be "hoarding." I doubt you know his circumstances, he's too afraid to tell his doctor he sure as hell won't post it here out of paranoia.

Edit: This thread serves simply to affirm OP's confirmation bias.

Because when the .gov is asking about your guns, the answer is always "NO".

No further information is needed.

Strange, I thought it was a psychiatrist that was asking, not the government.

Don't go to a guy to get help if you don't want help.

Seriously ?? ...Who here doesn't know about one using the other to further their anti-gun agenda.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That is universally true.

This situation, however, is a private individual seeking out a private doctor in order to seek medical treatment for a mental issue. The worst thing you can do is shrink (no pun intended) away from a possible catharsis.

New doctor wants to get a baseline on his new-to-him patient. I don't see the issue other than "can't tuch muh guns!!!!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You sir are a collector, not a hoarder.

One of the few times when dishonesty is the best policy is when the government is asking about your guns.

How do you know? Have you been in his house? Did he state how much ammo and guns he has and whether he uses them?

Yes, even large collections can be "hoarding." I doubt you know his circumstances, he's too afraid to tell his doctor he sure as hell won't post it here out of paranoia.

Edit: This thread serves simply to affirm OP's confirmation bias.

Because when the .gov is asking about your guns, the answer is always "NO".

No further information is needed.  

That is universally true.

This situation, however, is a private individual seeking out a private doctor in order to seek medical treatment for a mental issue. The worst thing you can do is shrink (no pun intended) away from a possible catharsis.

New doctor wants to get a baseline on his new-to-him patient. I don't see the issue other than "can't tuch muh guns!!!!"

You just said "mental issue and guns in the same post and don't see how that combination could possibly come back in a negative way for OP ??
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Almost 24 hours have passed since my appointment yesterday and not one visit/contact by LEO.  I think everything will be OK.  Moderator, please delete/lock this thread if you would be so kind.  I received the info I had sought... many, many times over!  Thank you.
View Quote

Ducks are being lined up.  Sometimes it takes a little while to get them in a row.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This isn't about "normal" in that sense, it's normality in regards to his patient. What's the baseline? Does his patient seek to blow every last dime on these items and suffer elsewhere, financially? Does he stack them deep for no other reason than just to have them? When an OCD patient is asked about hoarding and what possible items he might consider hoarding and how many that entails and all he obfuscates with is "lots," what do you think that leads the doctor to believe?

OP has already established he has guns. Already established he has mental issues (albeit probably nothing serious.) Already established the amount is "lots."

Now his paranoia won't state an exact number or even an estimate... as if there wasn't enough information already disseminated to his doctor (and now an internet gun board with government agents reading.)

He just wants confirmation bias on being no use to himself. Way to go, OP, way to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't about "normal" in that sense, it's normality in regards to his patient. What's the baseline? Does his patient seek to blow every last dime on these items and suffer elsewhere, financially? Does he stack them deep for no other reason than just to have them? When an OCD patient is asked about hoarding and what possible items he might consider hoarding and how many that entails and all he obfuscates with is "lots," what do you think that leads the doctor to believe?

OP has already established he has guns. Already established he has mental issues (albeit probably nothing serious.) Already established the amount is "lots."

Now his paranoia won't state an exact number or even an estimate... as if there wasn't enough information already disseminated to his doctor (and now an internet gun board with government agents reading.)

He just wants confirmation bias on being no use to himself. Way to go, OP, way to go.

How very insightful of you... wanna cokie?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What is it any of his business HOW MANY guns I possess??  What is he fishing for?  Your thoughts appreciated!!
View Quote

Steve, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but you should recognize that you are taking meds for a disorder and a physician asking  questions about firearms in that context is appropriate.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Now hang on a minute.  Only 1 Arfcommer has ever admitted to keeping a spreadsheet.  To suggest that we document everything is a bit presumptuous.

Sure, Goatboy documents everything, but I wouldn't worry about that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do feel the need to share your private information with strangers who document everything?

Now hang on a minute.  Only 1 Arfcommer has ever admitted to keeping a spreadsheet.  To suggest that we document everything is a bit presumptuous.

Sure, Goatboy documents everything, but I wouldn't worry about that.

Reminds me I need to update that thing I don't have.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ducks are being lined up.  Sometimes it takes a little while to get them in a row.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He hoards guns and watches, Not dogs, so he is way down on the to civil forfiet list.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#31]
OP request
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top