User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cat fact: belly rubs turn into bloody mayhem if the instruction are not followed explicitly. Where do you find the instructions you ask? Let me know when you find them
View Quote
When a cat rolls on its back and exposes it's belly to you, that means it likes you and trusts you and wants you to pet it on the head or scratch it's cheek or under the chin or do something else that is not rude.

It does not mean that it want's you to touch it's belly.  Most of them consider that rude.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
nobody cares
View Quote

I care.

Seriously.

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And that the fucking truth.  I have NEVER cleaned up cat puke on my linoleum or hardwood flooring.  JUST the carpet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cat fact: A cat is always on the wrong side of a closed door.

Cat fact: When a cat feels the urge to barf, it will seek the center of the most traveled part of the house, preferably on carpet.

And that the fucking truth.  I have NEVER cleaned up cat puke on my linoleum or hardwood flooring.  JUST the carpet.

Linoleum = cold feet and NO traction.. One must have traction at all times..
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried it with a Post-It note.  It works.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
One of my cats goes to DEFCON 4 as soon as my G17 clears kydex.. It loves itself some laser chasing...

I'll just leave this here..

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When a cat rolls on its back and exposes it's belly to you, that means it likes you and trusts you and wants you to pet it on the head or scratch it's cheek or under the chin or do something else that is not rude.

It does not mean that it want's you to touch it's belly.  Most of them consider that rude.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cat fact: belly rubs turn into bloody mayhem if the instruction are not followed explicitly. Where do you find the instructions you ask? Let me know when you find them

Cats that have learned to be cats consider the belly to be the "I hate you, I want you to DIE!" place.
Cats that think they are all (or part) human allow the belly rub.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you take a sheet of paper, and set it on the floor in an empty room, the cat will sit on it.
View Quote

I just tried it!  It's freakin true!!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
80% of cat bites are infectious, 5% of dog bites are.
View Quote

Cats don't eat their own shit, dogs however...............

They also like to sit on things that you'd think are too small for his big ass to fit on.  22lbs of cat on my book pile.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cats that have learned to be cats consider the belly to be the "I hate you, I want you to DIE!" place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both of our cats love belly rubs. The girl especially. She'll let you rub it for an hour.

But they are also defective. They don't like boxes or paper.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#10]
With the amount of hair my wife's cat sheds you'd think the cat should be bald by now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:01:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Or sit on anything generating heat.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/PhotoTWB/media/Animals/hairless%20cat_zpspncspgep.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/PhotoTWB/Animals/hairless%20cat_zpspncspgep.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/PhotoTWB/media/Animals/Bald%20cats_zpshjp1wodb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/PhotoTWB/Animals/Bald%20cats_zpshjp1wodb.jpg</a>  
View Quote

Dr. Evil is that you?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pixel actually loves getting her belly rubbed. Only cat I've ever seen that likes it.

She also guards the sink
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Was working on a piece of paper. Laid it down for a minute. Turned around, kitty laying on top of it. "*facepalm*

Doesn't go for boxes or bags at all. Will find the moment I have to get up to take a piss to jump up and "knead" me and lay down.

Silly pussies.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Belly rub thing is animal dependent.  The cat in my avatar, V'dodi, would prefer to have hers rubbed for hours on end.

Mongo, my current cat, will allow you to rub his for 2.3 seconds.  Any longer, and you well have teeth embedded in the meaty part of your hand.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:17:05 AM EDT
[#15]
My cats sit on anything they know they are not supposed to sit on...Plastic bags, warm laundry, mail, you name it...

But I can't yell at them because they do that whole Puss N' Boots thing *sigh*  And these bitches work together, let me tell you...They have teamed up on me..
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I should have read all the posts prior, but I didn't.  My Wife has a talent for domesticating feral cats.  It's crazy.  For some reason they just find her comforting.  This is the CRAZIEST cat I have ever seen....  But he does this when my Wife shows up.  He's the most feral cat ever.....

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Both of our cats love belly rubs. The girl especially. She'll let you rub it for an hour.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have had two cats that like belly rubs.  Both male.

These cats are not following cat rules that the majority of the others obey.

One cat rule that most people don't know about is that they don't have to follow cat rules if they don't want to.

Cats have lots of rules.  They also break those rules as they see fit.  This bothers people who only like dogs.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

One cat rule that most people don't know about is that they don't have to follow cat rules if they don't want to.

Cats have lots of rules.  They also break those rules as they see fit.  This bothers people who only like dogs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have owned 7 cats. One loved its belly rubbed. My current cat presents belly but only likes it for about 5 seconds. Presents belly, rub belly, stop, and pet head. purring and happiness. Anything more than that, she thinks I want to fight.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Our cat (a big brit shorthair male) LOVES belly rubs. He will lay there and just soak them up. He is also the first cat we've ever owned who is partial to foot rubs as well. He will let you rub his feet and he will even spread out his toes so you can scratch between them. I have an old tooth brush that I use to brush down his feet and he will just lie there and soak it in.

His personal cat rules:

- a flying insect in the house is automatic defcon 1, all other priorities rescinded.

- the slightest sound of food means dinnertime. Accidentally bump his food dish in the strainer? dinnertime. Move one of his cat food cans in the fridge? dinnertime. Walk into the kitchen? dinnertime.

How to blow his mind:

- place a piece of paper on the floor... three feet away from a sunbeam spot.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My cats love to have their bellies rubbed...
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of ours rolls on her back if you even walk by her, you can rub her belly for hours or until you burn out
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It varies.  We have two who are tamed ferals, and one of them absolutely means "rub my tummy!" when she rolls over.  For the other one, not so much.
And for the one who was a properly domesticated kitten brought up in a household with people, it depends on his mood.  Sometimes him rolling over is just him being happy and wanting his chin scratched, sometimes he wants a tummy rub, and sometimes it is an invitation to a game of attack cat, wherein he seizes my arm and pretends to bite me, then jumps up and runs off, expecting me to give chase until he is cornered, at which time I have to go running from him, etc.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#23]

FACT:  Cats can ignore anything. Except another cat.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a R.A. Heinlein quote that's appropriate...

...women and cats do as they please, men and dogs ought to get used to it.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#25]
This cat loves to have her belly rubbed.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:28:08 AM EDT
[#26]
nevermind.... thought this was about cat farts
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:45:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
nevermind.... thought this was about cat farts
View Quote

lol.....go on !
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:13:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fact,

If you buy your cat a $100 "kitty house", the cat will never enter or explore it. They will, however, play in the box it came in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:14:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Pixel actually loves getting her belly rubbed. Only cat I've ever seen that likes it.
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee457/winjefj/pets/WIN_20140902_224612_zps042671a6.jpg

She also guards the sink
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee457/winjefj/pets/WIN_20140902_224612_zps042671a6.jpg

She also guards the sink

Ours looks identical to the one in the sink, meows you to death to turn the water on to a drip so she can drink from the sink, we've even caught her drinking in the toilet like a damn dog.
She's 14 I think?
She goes freaking nutz for green olives, will eat them out of your mouth.
She loves it when we bring groceries home, she licks the plastic bags like its friggin cocaine.
If you leave any bags out she will wake the house up licking them in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Our cat likes ham.  Opening the fridge door is followed by sound of heavy plodding, breathing, and lots of cat talk.

She doesn't stop until she gets ham.

My wife started this.  She thinks its a riot.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Take a piece of string or rope and make a circle. Your cat will get inside it and sit like it was box.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top