BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm no fan of the Russians, but I can see where they'd be pissed.
View Quote

The Russians didn't liberate Poland. They invaded it in partnership with the Germans.
How many German war memorials are there in France and Belgium?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I guess the Russians believe the old Soviet lies about what a glorious day it was for Poland when they were liberated by wonderful Soviet Union army and became most beautiful comrades under best Soviet system in world.
The Poles apparently did not.
View Quote

Russians refuse to acknowledge the Molotov Ribbentrop pact and will not admit that they too invaded Poland along with Germany,I am absolutely serious that most Russians do not know that it existed or claim it was propaganda. Their view is that they were protecting the Baltics from Germans (and then Western capitalists) and it's too bad that Finland didn't know what was good for them. They were taught history incredibly different to reality. In their version,local Soviets rose up against ts capitalists and fascists and Russians just came to help. They get offended at the term "Occupation" and still will not admit to deportations, murders and 45 years of Russification.

This is aided by most Americans and Brits pretending that Europe stopped at the Elbe and that they had no earthly idea Stalin was actually not a nice guy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#3]
#russianlivesmatter

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
If the Russians want memorials, then they should build them inside Russia. Nobody else gives a fuck about Russia. A memorial for Russian soldiers inside Poland is a slap in the face to every Pole. I don't blame them for destroying it. They should have done it years ago.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I guess they didn't like living under the Soviet boot all those years.  What a surprise.  

View Quote
Yeah that is a bit of a understatement. My grandmother if you even mentioned the Russians around her she would start spitting.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck em.
View Quote

You beat me to it
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck Russia.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Article with video at bottom (in Popolsku).

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Do polish rednecks drive around with Soviet Battle Flags on their cars?

This sounds an awful lot like a parody news story.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

There's this memorial directly east of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin.

https://michaelrinehart.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/20140619-174920-64160096.jpg

Frankly I don't think it's inappropriate and commemorates something that happened there.

Remember lest we forget and all that...
View Quote
AKA "The Tomb of the Unknown Rapist."

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Cant or government be smart enough to trick Russia into hating and attacking Islam
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cant or government be smart enough to trick Russia into hating and attacking Islam
View Quote

In order to keep Chechnya calm,they're giving them more Islam. Search Google for pics of the government sponsored anti-Western Charlie Hebdo protests in Grozny.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://michaelrinehart.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/20140619-174920-64160096.jpg

Frankly I don't think it's inappropriate and commemorates something that happened there.

View Quote

I'm cool with scouring Soviet monuments
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ummmmm.

No.

Fuck the Russians.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everything the Soviet Union got was earned when the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was signed. The USSR helped to build Hitler. Too bad it cost the USSR a lot to help pull him down. It is not entitled to anybody's gratitude, least of all Poland's.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Dear Russia,

Fuck you.

-Poland

PS: Also, Putin is a tiger-riding fag.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is aided by most Americans and Brits pretending that Europe stopped at the Elbe and that they had no earthly idea Stalin was actually not a nice guy.
View Quote

There was little or nothing we could do. We weren't going to nuke the Soviet Union. We lost our chance in not strangling the Soviet child in its crib.

The Democratic Party was also full of Soviet agents of influence and action, and continued to be until the end of the Soviet Union.

That said, one of the few bright lights in the history of American diplomacy was the Welles Declaration.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Poles should agree to restore the Soviet monument when a Katyn Massacre monument is erected in the center of Red Square.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck those evil drunk bastards.

No one would say shit about pulling down a Nazi war memorial.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

sorry sir but your facts are a little bit wrong it was over 20,000 Polish officers and intellectuals that were murdered by the NKVD IN the katyin massacre.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
MOSCOW/WARSAW (Reuters) - Russia said on Saturday it was outraged by Poland's destruction of a Soviet war monument, warning Warsaw of the "most negative consequences" after what it said was a flagrant violation of an agreement between the two countries on protecting memorial sites.

Poland has been one of the most vocal critics of Russia's annexation of Ukraine's Crimea peninsula in 2014. Russia and Poland share a history of conflicts and the disagreement over war memorials is likely to add to tensions.

"Warsaw must finally understand that the 'war of monuments' unleashed in Poland may have the most negative consequences, for which the responsibility lies squarely with its initiators," the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement.

Authorities in the western Polish town of Nowa Sol took down the brotherhood-in-arms of Polish and Red Army soldiers memorial at the end of June, reducing it to a pile of rubble.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/russia-outraged-polands-removal-soviet-war-memorial-130100672.html

Fuck Russia. IIRC, the Russians killed a few thousand Polish officers at the start of WWII. Why would the Poles want  to honor that? Good destruction.

sorry sir but your facts are a little bit wrong it was over 20,000 Polish officers and intellectuals that were murdered by the NKVD IN the katyin massacre.

And there were lots more people who were rounded up besides the Kaytn massacre.

Then you have when the Soviets returned in 1944, the Red Army paused outside of Warsaw so the Polish insurrection could be crushed by the Germans (The Polish rebellion was a US/UK sponsored thing).

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Poles should agree to restore the Soviet monument when a Katyn Massacre monument is erected in the center of Red Square.
View Quote

This.

Fuck those drunk commie fags.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The Soviet Union was complaisant with the Nazis in invading and destroying their country in 1939; not to mention the massacre a Katyn. I can understand Poland's lack of good will in regards to Russia.
View Quote

And Poland had previously been invaded by the Red Army.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wonder how the Russians would react if the Poles erected the Appropriate Memorial at Katyn....say a 13 year old Officer Cadet kneeling with an NKVD  thug holding a Makarov at the back of his neck?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

They want to really bring it home, they'll put Vlad's face on it.

Have him stand on the back of a soldier so he gets the appropriate downward angle.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

(Mind Blown)
They have a nice piece of concrete shit for the local USSR sympathizers to visit here in Riga too.
Crying shame the folks that attempted to blow it up a few years back failed to do so.
This is not even in the same league as the confederate flag and is sadly very whitewashed in history books.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess they didn't like living under the Soviet boot all those years.  What a surprise.  

(Mind Blown)
They have a nice piece of concrete shit for the local USSR sympathizers to visit here in Riga too.
Crying shame the folks that attempted to blow it up a few years back failed to do so.
This is not even in the same league as the confederate flag and is sadly very whitewashed in history books.

All the eastern European countries feel the same way about Russia. Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Czechs, Slovacs, the Baltics, Finland, Ukraine, all of them.
And its not just he past - they are afraid of Russia now. The exceptions are only Serbia and Armenia and they are close to Russia partly because their neighbors are enemies.
Russia will never be a great country until it first becomes a good country.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The Poles should be arming themselves absolutely to the teeth.
View Quote

'Visiting her neighbor a Polish woman asks; "Where is you husband"
"Oh he is busy oiling his garden"
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

All the eastern European countries feel the same way about Russia. Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Czechs, Slovacs, the Baltics, Finland, Ukraine, all of them.
And its not just he past - they are afraid of Russia now. The exceptions are only Serbia and Armenia and they are close to Russia partly because their neighbors are enemies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Mind Blown)

Russia is simply doing what it's always done. The only time Russians respect you is when you've got your boot on their neck.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A very astute observation, sir....  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I sense a theme or trend here regarding this subject.

A very astute observation, sir....  

I be very dum but, what trend did you sense, particularly after just one response?

I may need you to let me know what some lottery numbers are...

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Merkel should have that thing dismantled piece by piece and shipped to Moscow.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Is this like the old south....Stone Mountain, Battle Flag, Robert E Lee High School, etc, etc. Nooooo, could never happen here.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Is there some big monument to the Polish in Russia that I don't know about that the Russians could destroy in retaliation?
View Quote
Maybe Katyn. where Russians killed Polish officers and intelligentia

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is this like the old south....Stone Mountain, Battle Flag, Robert E Lee High School, etc, etc. Nooooo, could never happen here.
View Quote

Not really.

Poland is standing behind Ukraine, and generally pissing Russia off. I'd bet dollars to donuts that Poland destroyed that monument specifically to piss on the Russians.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually I think they do hate islam already. They are  paranoid of all outside cultures.. They had like 50 wars with the Ottomans and the Caucuses are still a problem today (Chechnya etc.).
But here's part of what is going on. Russia is very paranoid. (Angela Merkel even called it 'paranoid delusions' not too long ago).
The Russian economy is always in bad shape. They only do oil and nat gas. And their population is shrinking. Its not a hopeful place historically.
The Chinese are a big threat. China is right on the Siberian border. And Siberia has barely any Russians in it. And there is the ongoing Islamic 'problem'.
Russia can act very belligerent with us and Europe with very low risk. It strengthens Russian Nationalism and indirectly tells the Chinese, Muslims and others that the Russians are fucking Nuts and not to fuck with them.
But also they teach their kids that 'the West' is a different and very bad culture. That America is out to destroy Russia is taught and is a majority viewpoint with Russians.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Soviet Union was complaisant with the Nazis in invading and destroying their country in 1939; not to mention the massacre a Katyn. I can understand Poland's lack of good will in regards to Russia.
View Quote

complicit?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#38]
lol fuck Russia.  YOU invaded them, killed off as many as you could, then put them under a puppet regime.  yea, fuck off and die you piece of shit assholes.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#39]
FUCK the RUSSIANS. As someone with Polish ancestry married to a first generation US born Pole, I can say that the hatred, distrust, disgust and anger runs very deep. Speaking with my wife and her family about what was experienced (even within the last decade) I am surprised they didn't level all that shit years ago.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uh,no,it would be more like if Stone Mountain was a giant relief of Sherman with an inscription of how he liberated the city.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Russia and every vestige and reminder of it should be wiped from planet earth. It is an evil that must be erased.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
FUCK the RUSSIANS. As someone with Polish ancestry married to a first generation US born Pole, I can say that the hatred, distrust, disgust and anger runs very deep. Speaking with my wife and her family about what was experienced (even within the last decade) I am surprised they didn't level all that shit years ago.

View Quote

What they see the Russians doing in Ukraine and Georgia etc. must reinforce that.
You know the Russians living in Ukraine (or the Baltics or anywhere) could move just 10 or 20 Kilometers and be back in the motherland.
Its like being in Oklahoma but wanting to be in Texas and instead of moving, you want Texas to invade and carve out a piece of Oklahoma.
I just don't think that way.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Fuck Russia
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Regarding Katyn read up on what happened to the naval officer who wrote a report for Roosevelt,sorry I can't recall his name.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Is there some big monument to the Polish in Russia that I don't know about that the Russians could destroy in retaliation?
View Quote

There is a bunch of graves of Polish officers in the woods. Is there a memorial for that?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#46]
That could be the hill the Poles die on if they keep it up. They should tread lightly. The Soviets Russians don't care for the Poles anyway.

I really see it as no different than if Virginians took to destroying the memorials to Union units/men on the various Battlefields in our state.

Not all memorials are on NPS lands you know.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That could be the hill the Poles die on if they keep it up. They should tread lightly. The Soviets Russians don't care for the Poles anyway.

I really see it as no different than if Virginians took to destroying the memorials to Union units/men on the various Battlefields in our state.

View Quote

You say that like Poles ought to treat those memorials as if they're to their own countrymen, as Civil War memorials are to Amercans.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Russia is hardly going to invade Poland over monuments.

However,the reality is that this will be used as further propaganda proof that Europe is now run by neo-Nazi Russophobes in mainstream TV and print news. It certainly plays into Putin's game of making Russians look at Europe as the source of their problems  rather than him robbing the country blind.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You say that like Poles ought to treat those memorials as if they're to their own countrymen, as Civil War memorials are to Amercans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my eyes those Union memorials here in Virginia commemorate invaders.

They look OK for the most part but in light of recent attacks on our southern heritage I would not be at all upset if they were all carefully uprooted and sent north on a flat-bed and replaced with a tasteful  "so and so Yankee did something here" historical marker, cannon, or some such.

Yankees that fought on Virginia soil mean absolutely nothing to me except to where they fit in a historical context.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poland routed them previously, IIRC.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top