Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2015 11:01:31 PM EDT
So, I'm on her mailing list, and her campaign set a goal for 50,000 people to donate at least $1 before last Tuesday.  They were a little over 4,600 donations behind the day of the deadline.  The final email mentions how much was raised, but we were never told if they met the goal.

6/27/15
Hi there --

Thanks for standing up for health care!

Hillary is ready to fight to be the 45th President of the United States, and protect access to quality, affordable health care for every single American.

Now is the time to go to work. Chip in $1 now and let’s go win:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/donate/

Hillary for America
View Quote

6/27/15

Listen: If you’re thinking about chipping in to help us meet this fundraising deadline, today’s the day to do it.

Why? Because we’re still building this campaign from the bottom up -- and while we’re over here putting the wheels on the wagon, Republican billionaires are busy cutting fat checks to shady political organizations without any accountability.

After midnight on Tuesday, every candidate will send the FEC a public report stating how many folks have chipped in to support them since launch.

Chip in just $1 right now so I can wave our list in the face of every billionaire who thinks they can buy the White House for one of Hillary’s opponents:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/deadline/

Thanks,

James Carville

P.S. The campaign set a goal of bringing in 50,000 donations by Tuesday night. Let’s deliver our opponents a one-two punch by proving that every supporter and every dollar counts -- chip in today.
View Quote

6/27/15

Friend --

I could yell and scream about how important it is for you to chip in to support Hillary before this Tuesday at midnight, but I don't think I need to.

It's the first fundraising deadline of this campaign to elect Hillary Clinton as our next president.

If you need more than that to get going... well, I'm just not sure what to tell you!

If we're going to win this race, we need to build an organization from the ground floor up -- that's why Hillary needs you to step up at the very beginning.

So before Tuesday, be one of the people who is going to elect Hillary. Donate $1 or more:

Thanks,

James Carville
View Quote

6/28/15

Friend --

This election really matters.

It matters for the six million young people who are out of school and out of work. It matters for the families being torn apart by senseless immigration policies. It matters for the parents who work full time and still have to choose between paying the rent and feeding their children.

Americans need a champion -- and I think that champion is Hillary Clinton. The first fundraising deadline of the election is this Tuesday, so if you’re with Hillary, it’s vitally important to contribute $1 to her campaign right now.

This Tuesday’s deadline is the campaign’s first opportunity for us to show the strength and breadth of our support. To say, “See? All these people care about helping families get ahead -- they care enough to donate their hard-earned dollars to build the America we envision.”

For more than two decades, I have been fortunate to know Hillary as a colleague, friend, Senator, Secretary of State, First Lady, mother, wife, aunt, grandmother, and as a woman who will never shy away from a fight.

Hillary’s ready to fight for American families, and she’s ready to fight to win this election -- but she’s counting on us to step up for her, and for all those Americans who so badly need her as their champion.

We can’t win this fight without you. Donate $1 to Hillary for America before Tuesday’s deadline:

Thank you so much,

Barbara Boxer
View Quote

6/28/15

Friend --

After the fundraising deadline on June 30th, my team will have some difficult choices to make about the future of this campaign.

What you do today will directly affect what we can say yes to in the next quarter.

We’ve set a goal of 50,000 grassroots donations before midnight on Tuesday. That’s not something we pulled out of thin air -- that’s what we think we need to build the best possible campaign we can over the next few months.

I hope you’ll step up and make a contribution of $1 toward that goal right now:

Thank you,

KP

KP Trueblood
Budget Director
Hillary for America
View Quote

6/29/15

Friend --

We’re getting down to the wire. Can you contribute $1 right now before tomorrow’s fundraising deadline and help hit our goal of 50,000 donations?

This deadline matters. We’re closing the books on the first official quarter of this campaign and reporting the list of people who stood with Hillary from the beginning.

You should be on that list. Contribute $1 today:

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis Cheng
National Finance Director
Hillary for America
View Quote

6/28/15

Friend --

Every morning, I shake off the cobwebs and head out for a long run to clear my mind -- but today, all I’ve been able to think about is tomorrow’s midnight FEC deadline.

It’s the very first deadline of this election. After Tuesday night, we’ll file a report that lists out two big things: the people who've chipped in to build this campaign, and how much we’ll have to spend on the resources we need to win.

Will you chip in $1 right now before tomorrow’s midnight deadline?

If you’re a runner like me, you know how important it is to set goals. We’ve got to hit 50,000 grassroots donations by tomorrow at midnight to make sure we’re able to plan for the months ahead -- will you help us reach our goal?

Thanks,

John

John Podesta
Chair
Hillary for America
View Quote

6/30/15

Friend --

The very first FEC filing deadline of this campaign is coming up at midnight.

Before the deadline, will you chip in $1 toward our goal of 50,000 grassroots donations?

This campaign is powered by supporters across the country -- people like you and me, who have a vision for a future in which every child can reach their God-given potential. We're committed to fighting for that vision.

I can’t wait to see what we all do together. Help us reach our goal before midnight tonight, and let’s get building:

Thank you,

Hillary
View Quote

6/30/15

Friend --

I was a little nervous when we set a goal of 50,000 grassroots donations by tonight -- but we only have 4,613 to go!

We have until midnight to show people what this campaign is made of.

Chip in $1 to join the team that’s going to get us there:

Thanks so much,

Hillary
View Quote

6/30/15

Friend --

Tonight is this campaign’s first-ever fundraising deadline, and we need to make a strong showing. Can you chip in $1 before tonight's deadline?

You're one of our most committed supporters. Because you've saved your payment information, your donation will go through immediately:

DONATE NOW: $5

DONATE NOW: $10

DONATE NOW: $50

DONATE NOW: $100

DONATE NOW: $200

Or donate another amount.

My opponents are counting on a flood of secret, unregulated donations -- but I’m counting on you. You and I are in this together.

This is our first moment to show our opponents what we’re about: American families coming together to say that we won't accept the status quo of inequality. Everyone deserves a fair shake, and we’re ready to fight for our futures together.

There are only a few hours left until the deadline -- contribute $1 or whatever you can right now:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/donate/deadline/

Thanks so much,

Hillary
View Quote

7/1/15
They mention how much was raised, but they never mention if they met their goal of 50k supporters.

Friend --

I am so excited to announce this, I couldn't wait one more minute:

In the first quarter of this campaign, we raised more than $45 million -- a new record for this early in a campaign.

That is huge. It's the result of hundreds of thousands of you stepping up to stand with Hillary from the very beginning. Many people doubted whether we could build an organization powered by so many grassroots supporters. Today's announcement proves them wrong.

We're still running the numbers, and we'll be in touch again soon to tell you a little more about the incredible group of people who've chipped in to support this campaign. Stay tuned for that.

But even as we celebrate this great news, we can't get complacent. Between now and July 15th, our opponents are required to announce their fundraising numbers, too. Some of the Republicans are rumored to have raised $100 million into their war chests, every penny of which they'll use to tear down our campaign and strengthen theirs. So we need to keep working.

To prepare ourselves against this kind of onslaught, we’re going to continue to do this the right way: by building a campaign with the broadest possible base of support, driven by people chipping in what they can, whether it's $1, $27, or $2,700. So I think it's fair to say you can expect a few more fundraising emails from me over the course of this campaign. But, at least for today, I hope you take a minute to appreciate a job well done. This is your campaign and your record.

Thank you. I’m so glad we’re doing this together.

Robby

Robby Mook
Campaign Manager
Hillary for America

P.S. Hillary wanted to say thank you, too. Take a look at her note below:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
That filthy bitch begs for that dollar with the same intensity as a homeless crack head.

ETA: Why are you on her mailing list? Honestly?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
oh, and I must say that the email titled "do you want to be on the list" from Hillary Clinton made me a little nervous.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Well friend, did you donate that dollar?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
oh, and I must say that the email titled "do you want to be on the list" from Hillary Clinton made me a little nervous.

http://i.imgur.com/aaVAOCY.png
View Quote

Clean out your damn inbox. 8000+ emails? Damn. You're stealing all the internets.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
My favorite line on her website:

"I want to be a small business president. A president who makes it easier to start and run a small business in this country, so it seems less like a gamble and more like an opportunity. We have to level the playing field for our small businesses."

This must be the kind of double speak where they say the exact opposite of what they mean, as a dog whistle to her corporate sponsors.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That filthy bitch begs for that dollar with the same intensity as a homeless crack head.

View Quote

I'm a gun sense voter trying to use social media like arfcom to increase the desire for common sense gun restrictions in America's gun culture to reduce gun violence among inner city kids.

eta: calm down, take a deep breath, it was sarcasm.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Clean out your damn inbox. 8000+ emails? Damn. You're stealing all the internets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's my junk mail.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
OMG.

I'm probably going to get another recorded message phone call from that bitch, like I did in the 2008 primaries.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn! That's a lot of Hildog spam! Do you run her server or something?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#10]
You just know they skim so much money for those political donation campaigns.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

She has a long way to go to outdo the NRA in spam
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't forget to chip in, because if you chip in you can help her campaign that everyone else is chipping in on. Jeez, did Carville say "chip in" enough? I know they think its a "folksy" saying by how many times they say it.

How many emailing lists are you on? It is a good method of recon. I can't believe that they keep repeating the "billionaire republican" line with Hilary's financials...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm a gun sense voter trying to use social media like arfcom to increase the desire for common sense gun restrictions in America's gun culture to reduce gun violence among inner city kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.

If you get around to responding to those emails, tell that shriveled up bitch that the drunk cow thinks she needs to move her nasty ass to Cuba where she belongs.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Damn! That's a lot of Hildog spam! Do you run her server or something?
View Quote

I'm curious if it's a sign of problems with her campaign.  She wasn't getting enough traction, so she kept spamming the heck out of people.  I think she got nervous and over-reacted.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You have missed your goal on Arfcom, and me. Keep your "big city thinking" to yourself. You you own an XD by any chance?

Fail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have missed your goal on Arfcom, and me. Keep your "big city thinking" to yourself. You you own an XD by any chance?

Fail.

Sorry, it was meant as sarcasm.

eta: I'm more of a Glock guy, not that there is anything wrong with XD's, but I got into Glocks before XD's were a thing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really think that ? The real problem in inner cities is welfare and section 8 housing dollars. If you eliminate this free food and single parent households that have kids for the sole purpose of making more income and letting the kids grow up on the street this is what you get . Life has no value but a check and more money from Uncle Sam. Reduce gun violence by ending welfare after 5 years . Keep existing criminals in jail for the terms of sentences . There are tons of laws on the books that are not enforced now . 1 more law means nothing .
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

He sent her one round of .22.

Apparently he DOES want to be on that list.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no way I'd give up my .22 rounds that cheaply.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#21]
He made my list.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You really think that ? The real problem in inner cities is welfare and section 8 housing dollars. If you eliminate this free food and single parent households that have kids for the sole purpose of making more income and letting the kids grow up on the street this is what you get . Life has no value but a check and more money from Uncle Sam. Reduce gun violence by ending welfare after 5 years . Keep existing criminals in jail for the terms of sentences . There are tons of laws on the books that are not enforced now . 1 more law means nothing .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was meant as sarcasm.  Even if guns were the cause of "gun violence", the GCA of '68 and NFA of '34 explicitly violate the 2nd.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Give me her address and I will mail her a dollar bill.  But I will wipe my ass with it first.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#24]
"Friend"
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

"I want to be a small business president. A president who makes it easier to start and run a small business in this country, so it seems less like a gamble and more like an opportunity. We have to level the playing field for our small businesses."

This must be the kind of double speak where they say the exact opposite of what they mean, as a dog whistle to her corporate sponsors.
View Quote

Small businesses make good fronts for laundering money. So yeah she likes small business.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
6/30/15

Friend --

Tonight is this campaign’s first-ever fundraising deadline, and we need to make a strong showing. Can you chip in $1 before tonight's deadline?

You're one of our most committed supporters. Because you've saved your payment information, your donation will go through immediately:

My opponents are counting on a flood of secret, unregulated donations -- but I’m counting on you. You and I are in this together.

This is our first moment to show our opponents what we’re about: American families coming together to say that we won't accept the status quo of inequality. Everyone deserves a fair shake, and we’re ready to fight for our futures together.

There are only a few hours left until the deadline -- contribute $1 or whatever you can right now:

Thanks so much,

Hillary
View Quote
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#27]
If my mailbox looked like that I would burn all devices. Get my fingerprints phased off. Grow a beard. And change my identity.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6/30/15

Friend --

Thanks so much,

Hillary

Yeah, I noticed that.  I've never given them a cent.

eta: they did get my address when I signed up to get some free gay stickers (to waste their resources).  maybe it's the same database?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6/30/15

Friend --

Thanks so much,

Hillary

About that..
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:06:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6/30/15

Friend --

Thanks so much,

Hillary

Yeah, no shit. I noticed that too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:10:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmmmm
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6/30/15

Friend --

Thanks so much,

Hillary

I wish you guys knew me in real life.

I have not now, nor have I ever provided any money or material support to any Democrat.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Send her a pic of your girls and crabby

Quoted:
Give me her address and I will mail her a dollar bill.  But I will wipe my ass with it first.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

poo dollar Lex & Terry

Funny, but all my leftie-looney acquaintances wouldn't touch hitlery with a 10-foot pole.

They think she's unelectable and they want Elizabeth Warren instead.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#35]
No one who receives that can ever complain that republicans are the slimy ones. I feel like I need a shower after reading that. The sad part is I'm sure there are plenty of people love it, as it validates their opinions.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I know your first name OP
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd be more concerned by the one from Barbara Boxer titled "Hillary Needs You Right Now."

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I know your first name OP
View Quote

good catch.  

friggin' microsoft.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Hell, I'd donate .50 and demand a receipt to be mailed to me.

Every fuckin' day.

See how long they'de operate at a loss/break even before she banned me.

Stamp, envelope, printed receipt, time involved. What would that add up to?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Well at least you can claim you have friends in low places.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Do you really think they need 50 grand? No, they don't. What they need is a claim that "most of our contributions were under 100 dollars", to mask the fact the this campaign will be bankrolled by the 1 tenth of 1 percent.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well she does no quite a bit about eliminating (knocking off) the competition.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't worry the regulatory agencies will take care of those pesky small business folks for the corporate sponsers on the backside, don't you know.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You just know they skim so much money for those political donation campaigns.
View Quote

Skim????  
Dude, they get 100% of the donation, to do with and keep.  

Why and how do you think politicians get rich?  It aint all backdoor deals!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Do you really think they need 50 grand? No, they don't. What they need is a claim that "most of our contributions were under 100 dollars", to mask the fact the this campaign will be bankrolled by the 1 tenth of 1 percent.

View Quote

This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top