Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd pray it away.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If it violated my airspace, I would deal with it as an intruder.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If it was the kind that records video onboard (as opposed to transmitting it), I would be tempted to edit the shit out of the video--add Bigfoot, UFOs, Where's Waldo, etc.--then return it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Already warned neighbors that my property is restricted air space. Neighbor with drone abides so far. City and County do not have policy yet.

As an aside, certain full auto AEG's will tear the livin' shit outta a hobbyist's UAV. This from personal experience.
View Quote

Pics. or it didn't happen.

Roy
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Depends...

A $50 toy belonging to a kid down the street or $20,000 professional set-up?

Toy, no problem.. Professional, then someone has some explaining to do..
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Give it to a couple of combative 4 or 5 year olds.  They'll tear it apart, like pitbulls at a petting zoo.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My yard my rules
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
CHOOT-IT!
View Quote

Imperial Probe Droid

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Give it back to its rightful owner?
View Quote

Yep. Same as if I found a Frisbee.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I live in the middle of no where. My only neighbot being my dad, and he is a technical luddite. So if I find a drone on my property it will be deactivated and 'disappeared'.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Target Drone = Fail

UAV = Winning
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Check for a GPS transmitter.

J/K

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Is this just a hypothetical or did the OP find a "drone" in his yard?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Look at it for a name and phone number.

I don't have that info on all my "drones" because I'm pretty lazy.

If you are talking about quad copters, the pilot is likely within a few hundred yards.

If it has FPV equipment on it, take it to a corner that has street signs and let it see the signs.  If the pilot is within FPV range he should see the signs and know where you are.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Some of you don't seem to understand that someone needs to be fairly close for them to see the video from the camera. If its a few miles away and close to the ground, all they see is snow.

It also blows my mind that so many of you are saying you would STEAL someone else's property because they lost it on your property. That's a low down dirty dick move. One more sign that this country is on a rocket sled to hell.

A lot of the time, these RC copters (not drone's) get out of "control" range and the fly away. They do NOT intentionally lose them on your property. That like someone beagle getting lose and running into your yard. When the owner runs up to your fence and says he has been chasing "buddy" for a mile and then you say 'fuck you, my yard, my rules' and carry the pup inside.

GD is full of dickheads with no common courtesy for his follow man.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Check for a GPS transmitter.

J/K

View Quote

Smart move-might be a big Mexican with a bad haircut coming to find you...............
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Wait a few weeks for the owner to show up and collect it.  If no-one wants their drone back - then buy a controller for it and start flying it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#19]
you can go, but the saucer stays!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View the contents of the memory card.  If pics of wife in the shower, find owner and beat him.  If not, try to return.

View Quote

This, except no wife.

If he didn't have lewd photographs beforehand he WOULD after the fact.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd hold it hostage and post an ad on Craigslist demanding a substantial payment for its return.  
View Quote

Make sure to have it completely disassembled when they arrive.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Drone, what drone?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Wait for the owner to show up and give it back?

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Some of you don't seem to understand that someone needs to be fairly close for them to see the video from the camera. If its a few miles away and close to the ground, all they see is snow.

It also blows my mind that so many of you are saying you would STEAL someone else's property because they lost it on your property. That's a low down dirty dick move. One more sign that this country is on a rocket sled to hell.

A lot of the time, these RC copters (not drone's) get out of "control" range and the fly away. They do NOT intentionally lose them on your property. That like someone beagle getting lose and running into your yard. When the owner runs up to your fence and says he has been chasing "buddy" for a mile and then you say 'fuck you, my yard, my rules' and carry the pup inside.

Didn't say I'd steal it.  I just said I'd fly it!  ...  Until the owner was found.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quickly run inside.
Grab the cat litter boxes and empty them over it.
Cat shit will prevent it from controlling your family with radio waves.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't say I'd steal it.  I just said I'd fly it!  ...  Until the owner was found.

This is not the world's most serious thread, guys.  And anyway, 10% of GD would panic in that situation, and dump rounds all over at a 25lb beagle.

Drones are just the latest weird hi-tech irritant.  I'm fighting to not see them as Volunteer Pinatas
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd conduct drone-durability tests.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I would load the shotgun with my drone loads, I'll let you guess what happens next.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#29]
The only good drone is a dead drone.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Hold hostage and demand ransom.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Try and find out who the owner is and return it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#32]

It's on the ground, in my yard? Then my dachshund is gonna chew the living shit out of it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#33]
"These aren't the droids you're looking for."
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I would load the shotgun with my drone loads, I'll let you guess what happens next.
View Quote

Trying to use up your old 1 1/2oz lead loads?

I would LOVE to shoot at a drone with a Schmeisser, full of tracer ammo.  The party poopers here have guns and badges.
Party Poopers are why we can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#35]
What drone?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#36]
A drone?  Or do you mean quadcopter?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#37]
No "masturbate furiously" option.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Roy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Already warned neighbors that my property is restricted air space. Neighbor with drone abides so far. City and County do not have policy yet.

As an aside, certain full auto AEG's will tear the livin' shit outta a hobbyist's UAV. This from personal experience.

Roy

There used to be video but account taken down.

Aquaintance had a prototype of a packable structural foam UAV he shopped to the Air Force. About 7 of us hit it with airsoft guns at a shoot. It took alot of damage before taking a rudder hit (repaired) then the we blew the prop to pieces. It was completely riddled with holes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Poll fail no pie options.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#40]
When I grew up, they were called remote controlled helicopter....A drone is that thing in Star Wars.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#41]
If it is my yard it invaded my air space, so that makes it mine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#42]
If it's the kind that records video to onboard storage, you can bet your ass I'm going to see what the owner has been recording.  If he's recording people in their backyards, and almost every home in my hood has a swimming pool, then he's going to have some splaining to do.  I doubt it's illegal, but he's going to have some tough questions to answer from both the cops and from his neighbors about his activities.

Other than that, the owner can have it back the first time it crashes on my property.  The second time it's going to cost him, the third time, it's mine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Piss on it to establish my dominance
View Quote
This, of course.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Pee on it and assert dominance
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Trash days are Monday and Thursday.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Stomp on it while screaming "stop resisting!"
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#47]

If it's this, I'm keeping it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Since I know my neighbor bought himself one, I would pick it up, and take it back over to him.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:24:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Inspect my rooftop Phalanx CIWS to determine why my airspace was penetrated.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd try to find theoowner and assault him with it.  lol.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top