Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/4/2015 12:35:49 PM EDT
Make it stop already; this shit reads like something straight out of 1984.

http://www.si.com/racing/2015/07/03/nascar-confederate-flag-ban-daytona-international-speedway-south-carolina-shooting?xid=si_topstories

"NASCAR has been immensely tolerant of a group of fans that, by their decision to fly a standard of white supremacy, would appear to be anything but. However, if indeed the sport were serious about disassociating itself from such displays, it would stop with the niceties and ban the flag outright. Quite simply, a ban is a silver bullet, one that would delineate fans of racing from fans of racism. "

"The optics remain ever grim this weekend, as NASCAR returns to Daytona, Fla., where the confederate flags fly at full mast and incite feelings of fear and dread. "

It's time to push back, and push back hard.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
View Quote

Fail  [link]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Your link's busted.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Fixed...you guys are quick.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I never ever had an opinion on the Confederate flag.  Non whatsoever.  

And I still don't

They may as well be talking about banning eating frog legs because I have no opinion on that either.

I'm baffled  by the seeming significance of it.

I can only assume that if they feel they can get people rallied to get rid of a picture, they can rally them to get rid of practically anything.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And I still don't

They may as well be talking about banning eating frog legs because I have no opinion on that either.

I can only assume that if they feel they can get people rallied to get rid of a picture, they can rally them to get rid of practically anything.

View Quote

You just nailed it;  which is exactly why pushing back against this sort of politically correct censorship is so important.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
About everyone I know has decided to boycott NASCAR.  Let's see how long it takes them to change their tune when it costs them money.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck Nascar.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#8]
When are Libs going to start being "Tolerant"?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fuck Nascar.
View Quote

And Fuck Sports Illustrated as well.

"NASCAR should prove it's colorblind, ban confederate flag from racetracks"
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Its the symbolism that’s offensive to us, not the actual flag.

Most people never gave the flag a second thought until now.

You have to pick your battles wisely and they are choosing every single battle possible.

I would normally say its just a flag and not worth the time to worry about it but they have decided to push an issue that really has no relevance to anything other than simple whining, and they are winning.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey leftist, Go Fuck Yourselves

I'm sure Komrade Bohr will be here shortly to insist that we meekly acquiesce to any and all demands of outraged white bloggers, you know,  for the good of the Republican party and all
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You have to pick your battles wisely and they are choosing every single battle possible.
I would normally say its just a flag and not worth the time to worry about it but they have decided to push an issue that really has no relevance to anything other than simple whining, and they are winning.
View Quote

Yup; it's not about the flag.

It's really about..."we don't like something so after we make that known; it has to go".

The possibilities are limitless.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Make it stop already; this shit reads like something straight out of 1984.

http://www.si.com/racing/2015/07/03/nascar-confederate-flag-ban-daytona-international-speedway-south-carolina-shooting?xid=si_topstories

"NASCAR has been immensely tolerant of a group of fans that, by their decision to fly a standard of white supremacy, would appear to be anything but. However, if indeed the sport were serious about disassociating itself from such displays, it would stop with the niceties and ban the flag outright. Quite simply, a ban is a silver bullet, one that would delineate fans of racing from fans of racism. "

"The optics remain ever grim this weekend, as NASCAR returns to Daytona, Fla., where the confederate flags fly at full mast and incite feelings of fear and dread. "

It's time to push back, and push back hard.
View Quote

You don't have to go to the race. You don't have to enter the, or a, site of their business. Their business, their rules.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Nascar.

If Sports Illustrated, NASCAR, damn near every major corporation, significant figures in all political parties, historians, etc. all say something... then maybe, just maybe, it;s not because they're all 'leftists." Maybe, just maybe, they have a point.

Or, those damned Leftists are behind every tree. Heck they've even taken over arfcom.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL NASCAR

They need to stop getting involved in politics and start worrying about the product.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The simple fact is that flag cause racism.

Now if we could only figure out which flag causes white cops to shoot unarmed black kids.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Look, another Black idiot myopically closing his eyes to the thousands of shootings and murders done by Blacks TO Blacks but instead, harping about a piece of cloth that's been irrelevant for well over 100 years.

Sum bitch probably couldn't spell racism if you handed his ignorant ass a dictionary.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#19]
America as we know it is a block of granite and they are chipping away the pieces that don't fit their progressive worldview until we are reshaped into what they think we should be. It doesn't happen in one strike of the chisel.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If Sports Illustrated, NASCAR, damn near every major corporation, significant figures in all political parties, historians, etc. all say something... then maybe, just maybe, it;s not because they're all 'leftists." Maybe, just maybe, they have a point.

Or, those damned Leftists are behind every tree. Heck they've even taken over arfcom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Nascar.

Nah, those damned leftist pieces of shit haven't taken over ARFcom; while pushing their agenda too hard, they and their agent provocateurs have become too damned transparent, identifiable and predictable.

In fact; the usual suspects have made cartoons of themselves.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I think there will be more flags than ever this weekend.  The fans will tell NASCAR to go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, maybe the stands at the tracks will empty out and people won't tune in at home until they get the more diverse and tolerant audience they are looking for.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Nah, those damned leftist pieces of shit haven't taken over ARFcom; while pushing their agenda too hard, they and their agent provocateurs have become too damned transparent, identifiable and predictable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Nascar.

Well played.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
About everyone I know has decided to boycott NASCAR.  Let's see how long it takes them to change their tune when it costs them money.
View Quote

This right here!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm from the North, I'm not a racist, I always just considered the flag a symbol of the South & Southern pride.
As long as a person is a decent human being (and not a dirt bag piece of garbage) I don't care what color they are.
I miss the Dukes of Hazzard. . .
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Nascar.

1. Not everyone who has or waves the CBF is a racist.

2. If you support businesses or the .gov banning a flag, then I don't ever want to see you bitch about businesses or the .gov banning guns or anything else
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

2. If you support businesses or the .gov banning a flag, then I don't ever want to see you bitch about businesses or the .gov banning guns or anything else
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Nascar.

I support people being honest about history.

I realize now that is too much to ask for those emotionally steeped in revisionism, who see every attempt to point out the facts as a Leftist conspiracy, all while claiming it's everyone but them trying to erase history.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I am bewildered by the things upon which liberals choose to direct their ire and those things which they choose to ignore.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Fly whatever flag you god damn well want.

Fuck this hyper-PC popularism.

America should be about (and was founded on) choice, liberty and freedom....popular or otherwise.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This right here!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here!

The fans arent where NASCAR gets the vast majority of their money.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

America should be about (and was founded on) choice, liberty and freedom....popular or otherwise.
View Quote

A business deciding not to fly a flag co-opted by the KKK is freedom.

A business asking the public to voluntarily not bring that flag to its events is freedom.

If they go the next step and remove people flying that flag from their events, that is also freedom.

Freedom means you can be an idiot, but it also means I don't have to cater to your idiocy.   If someone walks into my office wearing nazi memorabilia, I will ask them to leave.   If they refuse to leave, I'll call the police and charge them with trespassing.  

A business has a right to refuse service for anything not related to a protected class.   "People flying the flag of a defeated rebellion" isn't a protected class.

Freedom cuts both ways and business owners have their freedom as well.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey leftist, Go Fuck Yourselveshttp://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q285/ragin_cajun_photos/rebelsmilie.gif

I'm sure Komrade Bohr will be here shortly to insist that we meekly acquiesce to any and all demands of outraged white bloggers, you know,  for the good of the Republican party and all
View Quote

This!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A business asking the public to voluntarily not bring that flag to its events is freedom.

If they go the next step and remove people flying that flag from their events, that is also freedom.

Freedom means you can be an idiot, but it also means I don't have to cater to your idiocy.   If someone walks into my office wearing nazi memorabilia, I will ask them to leave.   If they refuse to leave, I'll call the police and charge them with trespassing.  

A business has a right to refuse service for anything not related to a protected class.   "People flying the flag of a defeated rebellion" isn't a protected class.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Insert LGBT in there and that freedom goes out the window.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Let me spell this out...on the 4th of July...as to how absolutely fucked this country really is:

Symbol of racism, hate, slavery, oppression...should be taken down immeidately.

Treason Freedom of Speech...how dare you try to stop us from our freedom of expression?  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I realize now that is too much to ask for those emotionally steeped in revisionism, who see every attempt to point out the facts as a Leftist conspiracy, all while claiming it's everyone but them trying to erase history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Nascar.

Niels,

At this point I have stopped caring about the meaning of that flag.   I have moved on to SHALL NOT COMPLY.  And watching the reaction to me not complying.  If I had one, I would fly it today.  Why, because some people don't want me too.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Wendell Scott

Some people need to read up about him...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#38]
So , comply with the media  driven censorship or you are a racist?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Nascar.

Oh, look .The Communist statist is here to help us with our indoctrination lessons.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I want to know is when did this happen?

When did defense of symbols of the Confederacy become the litmus test for "Conservatives," and concern with symbol of the Confederacy become the calling card of "Leftist" in the minds of the former?

Has it always been this way? It doesn't seem to have been in Democrat Marvin Griffin's Georgia when Democrat John Sammons Bell designed their 1956 flag. So, when did this happen?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would REALLY like to see it happen. something on the scale of the Chick-Fil-A issue.

I kind of doubt it, but I have hope. Chick-fil-a did a lot for my morale. it was the first glimmer of light in a decade of lost battles.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

who is "us" ?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Niels,

At this point I have stopped caring about the meaning of that flag.   I have moved on to SHALL NOT COMPLY.  And watching the reaction to me not complying.  If I had one, I would fly it today.  Why, because some people don't want me too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Niels,

People don't want you flying Nazi flags or wearing Che Gueverra T-shirts also. How far do you take that 8th grade logic? Some people don't want you burning American flags, or raping random women. Ultimate, grown men have to decide what's right and wrong for themselves.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#44]
When does being a obnoxious retard become trolling per the CoC?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I would REALLY like to see it happen. something on the scale of the Chick-Fil-A issue.

I kind of doubt it, but I have hope. Chick-fil-a did a lot for my morale. it was the first glimmer of light in a decade of lost battles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chick-fil-a had the unassailable moral high ground.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here!

NASCAR gets the majority of it's loot from the sponsors.  The sponsors show up because there are fans to advertise to.  NASCAR has been bleeding fans for a while prior to this anyway.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Sports Illustrated is an American sports media franchise owned by Time Inc.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

And I still don't

View Quote
What part of our history you gonna give up next?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And a heck of a good sandwich,
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#50]

I am flying the Stars and Bars today, Fuck SI and all the Statist Fags

And NASCAR can go suck some Homo Dick..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top