Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/4/2015 6:31:35 AM EDT
china-bans-islam-676x441

When China banned Ramadan on its Turkic Muslim population, Muslims globally, including much of the western media, began to expose the issue with the typical game play of victimhood. In reality, in China, Muslims are allowed to pray, fast, and go to the mosques, however, with the restriction that they do not preach towards non-Islamic villages with the aim of spreading an Islamic revolution throughout China.

There is, therefore, some flexibility in terms of following the Islamic way of life despite the limited resources in terms of scholars and Islamic books that may be understood by locals. There are also Chinese imams who lead congregational prayers, and there is room for Muslims to gather, break their fast together, and pray. Yet, in recent years, there has been a rise in prohibitions with regards to fasting in some Muslim provinces where there is political unrest. In other words, in China, once Islam begins to start trouble, a ban on Islam is issued in the troubled zone. China is telling Muslims that if you want to fast Ramadan, it is fine, but if you want to push your revolution, then a Ramadan-ban is added as a bonus punishment.

In these troubled regions, China has added several bonus-punishments and banned all Muslim civil servants, Muslim students and Muslim teachers, especially in the Xinjiang province with a large Muslim population in the northwest, from fasting during Ramadan. In addition to the ban on fasting, China has ordered restaurants to stay open all day during Ramadan. “Food service workplaces will operate normal hours during Ramadan,” a notice posted on the website of the state Food and Drug Administration said. Even wearing the hijab in public, including on public transportation and when getting married in a religious ceremony, was banned in 2014, with fines of about $353 for wearing a hijab in public. In China’s Muslim trouble-making areas, prohibiting alcohol and smoking and eating halal food is considered radical behavior and is also banned. Wherever there is a Muslim revolution, there is a ban on Islam.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/07/02/china-bans-islam-they-dont-care-about-all-the-cry-babies-who-complain/
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#1]
China bans many things and doesn't care about the complaints.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm OK with this.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Good perhaps Isis will take there fight there.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:01:40 AM EDT
[#5]

China has never really been shy about the whole "banning religion" thing.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now thats a ban I support.

A ban on bans of awesome things.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
prohibiting alcohol and smoking and eating halal food is considered radical behavior and is also banned.

Now thats a ban I support.

A ban on bans of awesome things.

Sometimes, a strong, centralized government is your friend.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Not much of ban....

"Food safety officials in Jinghe county near the Kazakh border "guide and encourage" halal restaurants to have normal opening hours during Ramadan, as said on the government's official site. Restaurants that stay open will be rewarded with fewer food inspection checks."
" Party officials (ie. civil servants) in Maralbexi county were reportedly required to give written and verbal promises "guaranteeing they have no faith, will not attend religious activities and will lead the way in not fasting over Ramadan."'
http://shanghaiist.com/2015/06/17/china_bans_fasting_for_muslims_in_x.php

But as said above, China bans all kinds of things with no fucks given
Ban of Rooftop crosses
barbecues
Cheese
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Despots being despots. If you aren't a member of the Maoist branch of Atheism they slap all sorts of rules on you. Not exactly something to aspire to even if I am not a fan of the religion of submission to their take on the will of Allah.

Also if I recall correctly the area in question is populated by people who are neither ethnically or culturally Chinese. This isn't much different than the crap china pulls in Tibet. Fuck the PDRC.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Sometimes I wish that "We the People" in our own country would be governed more like the people are governed in China.........................not really.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#11]
China better pepper their angus. The religion of peace is coming
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think Muslims should do the peppering.  Without crippling ROEs, ISIS/AQI/Al Shabab would have been literally exterminated by the West 15 years ago.  China is not so big on restrictive ROEs, and they are also pretty tolerant on the whole 'genocide' thing when they're the ones doing it.  There is a reason that, despite 70 years of Communist repression, the Muslim majority areas of China are still relatively quiet.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#14]
there's some irony in China banning people from fasting. When  they have had no qualms about starving people in the past

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Their country, their rules
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Have you been watching what they are doing with the Christian church there?

It's odd for me to see guy's on this site cheering a Communist, authoritarian government.

...snip...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes, a strong, centralized government is your friend.

Have you been watching what they are doing with the Christian church there?

It's odd for me to see guy's on this site cheering a Communist, authoritarian government.

...snip...

<sigh>

It's just a matter of fact bro.

Islam is a definite threat--Christianity, probably not.  In dealing with such a threat it's a benefit to the national security apparatus for the government to be free to ignore the hand-wringers.  

Pretty much in any other circumstance a strong, centralized is a very bad thing.

With the decline of religious homogeneity in the US--homogeneity being prerequisite if/when religion is to have political/security value--Islam is a dire threat.  What's neat about religion when it's homogeneous is that it's a self-running and self-maintaining security apparatus; the government needn't be involved in it.  If/when/as is loses it's homogeneous state...I digress...

Christianity used to be virtually our sole religious element, and as it departs most of those left in its wake are hand-wringing pukes. China doesn't have to cope with that; we do.  Don't panic: I'll take the US over the Chinese any day of the week, on Sundays and Holy-days too.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Ironically leftists love the chinese model.

no messy democracy to ruin freedom.

the worst thing in the world is democracy.  It can lead to all kinds of bad anti-freedom bad stuff.

we are getting rid of democracy here, too, for freedom.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#19]
That's racist.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?

I think he's trying to say they're going to take their fight there.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

ROP doesn't have the stomach for a REAL battle.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure they have the stomach for it.  But better in this regard they have the intelligence to fight where they can win and the patients to wait for China to be softened by its growing Materialism.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Hmmm, China does what it thinks is best for itself and gives not 1 fuck what anybody else thinks about it.

Imagine that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm OK with this.
View Quote

Since Islam is the enemy around the planet I'm ok with this. There is no radical Islam, just Islam.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#25]
most People are unworthy of individual liberty and need to be governed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Amazing what you can get done when you don't fetishize minority victimhood.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#27]
How many are OK with them arresting Christians because they too are seen as a security threat?  This isn't a theoretical as raids on home churches happen all the time.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll have a Coke.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think Muslims should do the peppering.  Without crippling ROEs, ISIS/AQI/Al Shabab would have been literally exterminated by the West 15 years ago.  China is not so big on restrictive ROEs, and they are also pretty tolerant on the whole 'genocide' thing when they're the ones doing it.  There is a reason that, despite 70 years of Communist repression, the Muslim majority areas of China are still relatively quiet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can bet the US government would love to arm and use extremist muslims against china in the western part of the country like the Taliban in the 1970 and 80s against the russians.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Sometimes I wish that "We the People" in our own country would be governed more like the people are governed in China.........................not really.
View Quote

There is no "We" if you're a kulak, comrade.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Ironically leftists love the chinese model.

no messy democracy to ruin freedom.

the worst thing in the world is democracy.  It can lead to all kinds of bad anti-freedom bad stuff.

we are getting rid of democracy here, too, for freedom.
View Quote

Actually, to put a finer point, it isn't "freedom" they worship, but "equality".

Freedom can be sacrificed, because isn't equality really better than freedom?

(Unless you're an elite philosopher king holding the reigns of the party)
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
China The US, Europe, Australia, Canada and remainder of the western world  better pepper their angus. The religion of peace is coming
View Quote

FIFY

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

China vs Islam.

I'd pay to watch that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

(Unless you're an elite philosopher king holding the reigns of the party)
View Quote

Ever met a libertarian or liberal who didn't think they were uniquely qualified for this role?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sure they have the stomach for it.  But better in this regard they have the intelligence to fight where they can win and the patients to wait for China to be softened by its growing Materialism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Oh there might be a virgin seeker or two. But WHEN the Chinese crack down? No. You give the ROP no room to maneuver and the world wins. Patiences. There will be no real battle in China. And if there is, please pass the popcorn.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
fake clickbait site
View Quote

No need to click on funky sites to comment in GD.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I wonder how China would deal with terrorist attacks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wonder how China would deal with terrorist attacks.
View Quote

Haven't they had what could be deemed terrorist attacks where groups of guys have showed up with knives and killed a bunch of folks?
Didn't like 130 something people get slashed to death about a year ago?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#40]
There is not a lot of love in China for Islam.
Christians aren't running around attacking Police stations or killing people at train stations. ( Kumming)
Muslims are.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm OK with this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#46]
See, aimless.  that is freedom.  true freedom.

imagine all those rational atheists seeing those buildings of ignorance and oppression every day.  subjecting them to jesus and shit.  all those flat earth christian taliban trying to put good communist atheist in the shackles of fear and fairy tales.

now the chinese are free from superstition.  free from moral judgements.  free from people knocking on their door trying to make them happy, (like such a thing could exist when chained to superstitions about heaven and hell and what not)

that is face of libertarian freedom.  Only instead of a Mao jacket.  they wear a black robe.  the black robe of our earthly gods.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Well that settles it. Muslim nations will now call China the Great Satan and the US will be off the hook.

I always find it funny how Muslim people bitch about the US (Great Satan) and Israel (Little Satan) while somebody like old Pol Pot killed more Muslims than both put together.

The selective outrage is strong but I reckon the know the left wing  liberals are seen as useful idiots, the Chinese/Russian etc. not so much.

"The Muslim Cham minority, a community that has lived in Cambodia for a thousand years, was especially targeted for extermination. Whole villages of Chams were exterminated and only half of the Cham survived."
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I heard Japan banned it also. So it's probably not the first or last time a country bans Islam.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm OK with this.
View Quote

You're from NJ. You're used to not have having any rights or freedoms.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top