Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/3/2015 3:05:44 PM EDT
I placed an Amazon order last Friday.  Three separate items for about $50.  Nothing's shipped yet.  

Today I needed a telephone headset for work.  I read the Amazon reviews, then bought it from some random Ebay seller with high feedback.  I'll probably get it early next week.  

I used to go to the stores, look at stuff, and then buy it from Amazon.  

Nowadays, it seems like I go to Amazon, read the reviews, and buy it elsewhere.  

No, I'm not going to pay for Amazon Prime.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Edited advertising content - T
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Pay for prime, get all the shit you want/need in two days max, and keep from giving money to two of the most anti-2A companies in existence?

It's like $100/year and worth every penny.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
amazon prime is worth it if you buy from the a good amount. always have fast shipping and good customer service when ever i needed them.  have to remember its a holiday weekend so shipping is all slowed down right now
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
going against the tide here but I select the no rush shipping, and it still delivers in a day or two. win win because I get the little $1 credit, and it's no slower to ship. maybe its prime, maybe its being in FL idk.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#5]
No problem in central Fl, we have one or two new warehouses. Not one solitary late package on prime here.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered some stuff yesterday afternoon.  It is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow on Independence day.  That surprised me.

The best thing is the warehouse is just on the other side of the border in Kansas.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#7]
You need to go Prime. The olden days are old. Free shipping used to be a few days, now it s a week or more to "prepare for shipping".
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I swear IDK how so many have issues with amazon here.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need to go Prime. The olden days are old. Free shipping used to be a few days, now it s a week or more to "prepare for shipping".
View Quote

Prime ain't all that or at least for me, sure I save on the shipping and  get a "free" movie library.  But my latest order was placed on the 27th, just shipped yesterday and isn't expected to be here before the 7th for $20 worth of batteries.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Prime ain't all that or at least for me, sure I save on the shipping and  get a "free" movie library.  But my latest order was placed on the 27th, just shipped yesterday and isn't expected to be here before the 7th for $20 worth of batteries.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you post a link to what you bought? Has to be eligible and shipped by Amazon. Email customer support and get another month free. Do it every time you get stiffed.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered 5 items this past Sunday and received them yesterday and I live in BFE. I don't have prime either, free standard shipping.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I ordered 5 items this past Sunday and received them yesterday and I live in BFE. I don't have prime either, free standard shipping.
View Quote
I ordered a knife on Sunday night and it delivered Monday morning. I couldn't belive it. I was a bit worried when tracking said the carrier was AMZL_US and read some pretty bad feedback on them, but that order delivered wih fucking lightning speed.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I placed an Amazon order last Friday.  Three separate items for about $50.  Nothing's shipped yet.  
Today I needed a telephone headset for work.  I read the Amazon reviews, then bought it from some random Ebay seller with high feedback.  I'll probably get it early next week.  

View Quote

Some people choose to go through life doing things the hard way.  Others choose Prime.  

You pay or you wait.  its that easy.  My order and all the other Prime orders go first and that's why your orders take a long time.  Amazon has build in a lot of value into Prime and its a no brainier if you order frequently.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Never had a problem

Of course I specifically avoid products that are sold & fulfilled by some outfit like Lurch's Discount Seafood & Electronics
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Why should I pay $100 for Prime?  

Today's order was a good example.  I bought it on Ebay, saved $6 (Ebay was cheaper than Amazon price), and received faster shipping than Amazon.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No problem in central Fl, we have one or two new warehouses. Not one solitary late package on prime here.
View Quote

I've had several. Waiting on 1 now that I ordered on Monday.  It still hasn't shipped. Yes it was Prime and it still shows in stock.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#17]
My last order from Amazon (last week) I did free shipping (my wife has prime but I ordered through my account) and had it in 3 days...and it was delivered on a Sunday by the USPS.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Some people choose to go through life doing things the hard way.  Others choose Prime.  

You pay or you wait.  its that easy.  My order and all the other Prime orders go first and that's why your orders take a long time.  Amazon has build in a lot of value into Prime and its a no brainier if you order frequently.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You pay or you wait or you buy it somewhere else, where you don't need to pay or wait.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Today's order was a good example.  I bought it on Ebay, saved $6 (Ebay was cheaper than Amazon price), and received faster shipping than Amazon.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, you don't. You can wait if you want. If you buy enought shit like a lot of folks do, it might come  out to nickels or dimes for two day shipping. It looks like you found your alternative anyway.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples to oranges. You can't compare egay shipping to amazon prime shipping because you admit that you don't have amazon prime. You don't have all their streaming stuff either.

I buy enough stuff off of Amazon to offset the membership fee in free shipping...and I don't have to physically go 'shopping' to find what I'm after.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
going against the tide here but I select the no rush shipping, and it still delivers in a day or two. win win because I get the little $1 credit, and it's no slower to ship. maybe its prime, maybe its being in FL idk.
View Quote

Ditto, I fairly routinely go no-rush for stuff I don't 'need' right now.

On the other hand, when I wanted to try out a little $60 Weaver mini the other day, I clicked that 'Free Same-Day shipping' button, instead.

I don't have issues with stuff I buy from Amazon. Some of the other sellers are a bit iffy, though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

They probably buy from people in the marketplace. Some of them are slow.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Pay for prime, or get out. You are buying off eBay and expect 100% satisfaction? You're special.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

This.

Pay for prime, or get out.  You are buying off eBay and expect 100% satisfaction? You're special.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Pay for prime, or get out.  You are buying off eBay and expect 100% satisfaction? You're special.

In case you missed my OP, I'm looking to get out.  That's what the word "alternative" means.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Prime almost always gets me what I need within two days.  Had an order get screwed up this week and didn't ship on time.  They upgraded it to overnight shipping at no charge.
View Quote
Amazon will also take returns no questions asked.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well then it seems like you've already answered the question you originally posed.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Prime still gets here quick.

I don't order from Amazon if not Prime eligible.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Faster than Amazon?  Where I am, I get free same day delivery with a lot of things (through Prime).
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL, i have 2 packages showing up today one purchased this morning and one  yesterday,
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I got a Prime order delivered last Sunday, try that with eBay
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe they live out in the sticks? Only thing I can think of.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You pay or you wait or you buy it somewhere else, where you don't need to pay or wait.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you like your ebay you can keep your ebay.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

My last order from Amazon (last week) I did free shipping (my wife has prime but I ordered through my account) and had it in 3 days...and it was delivered on a Sunday by the USPS.
View Quote
Have your wife invite you to her prime account for free.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I always choose free shipping. While it always takes longer than paid shipping, it almost always comes before the estimated delivery.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Amazon Prime is the way to go.
I'll admit, dinosaurs never saw the need to pay $100 for Prime either.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I got a Prime order delivered last Sunday, try that with eBay
View Quote

This, prime is worth the Sunday delivery by itself, but I've upgraded several two day orders to overnight for $3-$4 extra.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Amazon prime has almost bankrupt me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#40]
eBay has a new feedback thing, 'Did it arrive before the estimated delivery?'

Just hit that one today on an awesome book I got in brand new condition from eBay $23, over $100 on Amazon.

You have to shop around for the odd ball stuff.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the deal, OP. This guys says it's a no-brainer, and here's why:
You stream movies at all? Ever? Prime is a streaming service. Even if Prime was $120 a year, or $10 a month, that's easily comparable to Netfliz, Hulu, etc.
You stream music at all? Ever? Prime does that too... with no commercials.

Keep in mind, we haven't even touched on shipping yet. Hey, OP... what would you pay for a decently sized rush order? $20? $40? $60? We'll say it's gonna be $20-$30 just to be on the low side, and only ONCE per year. That's it.

That means, after all is said and done, you're paying about $7 a month for a TV/movie streaming service, $1 a month for free music, and $2 a month in shipping... for almost everything you could possibly want, delivered in 2 days. $2 a month? I spend more than that on gas just driving to the Harbor Freight, or the Lowe's, etc.
If you do almost ANY amount of online shopping, I don't see how you could possibly NOT afford Prime.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#42]
BTW I true not to order from Amazon, but unfortunately I don't know how tell Google to reject Amazon-affiliated web sites.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I have an Amazon store. I'm one of the many non-Amazon sellers out there that GD likes to warn you about.

Most of my orders received before 3pm Pacific time (not placed - Amazon has to confirm payment, etc. before I get a confirmed order) ship that same day via UPS Ground. I sell mostly big/heavy items and do not offer any expedited shipping services. None of my listings are Prime eligible.

Orders received after 3pm PST are shipped the next business day. Everything ships from the west coast, so if you're in MA or FL it might take a few days to get there.

Most 3rd party sellers are reliable & consistent with their shipments.

Amazon rarely delays shipping beyond the next business day for anything.

Some 3rd party sellers are less reliable/consistent with shipping. Anything longer than 2 business days lowers your performance metrics with Amazon and can even result in having your selling privileges revoked if it gets bad enough. Amazon doesn't want to take the heat for slow shipping from 3rd party sellers. [see this thread for a perfect example]

OP, if you bought from a 3rd party seller and they haven't shipped your order in a week it is time to start complaining. Contact the seller. If you don't get a satisfactory answer in a few hours, contact Amazon directly. They will light a fire under the sellers ass right away.

If you bought from Amazon, contact them directly and they will straighten it out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Actually prime is all fucked up lately.  Order something for 2 day shipping, they move it around from warehouses for 3 days and THEN ship it 2 day.

I've had it with them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Prime is the cat's ass in AK.  Might take 3-5 days instead of 2, but my shipping costs are 100's of bucks a year less
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Actually prime is all fucked up lately.  Order something for 2 day shipping, they move it around from warehouses for 3 days and THEN ship it 2 day.

I've had it with them.
View Quote

I have not experienced this even once and I place Amazon Prime orders almost daily.

Order late yesterday and not have it ship until Monday due to holiday? Maybe.

I placed two Prime orders today and both will arrive on Tuesday 7/7.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I still haven't had any problems with amazon prime. Wait roughly 24 hours for shipping, then 2 day shipping. I can wait 3 days. There's also 3 of us splitting the cost of prime (you can share your prime membership with family member's accounts for free) so I pay a whopping $35 a year for prime.

It's worth it for me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL Guys!  You already explained the value of a round wheel, if OP wants to stick with the square one, it's HIS choice!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
LOL Guys!  You already explained the value of a round wheel, if OP wants to stick with the square one, it's HIS choice!
View Quote

Yep, the 'victim' mentality is alive and well in USA these days.

An industry actually.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've had it with them.
View Quote

Have you contacted them?

At the very least, they'll extend you a month.

I've only experienced that on stuff that is backordered. But I have multiple warehouses in town.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top