Quoted:

West Siders...not surprising.  
West side is the best side.
....at stealing and drug addiction.

LOL

East Side til I die

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Somehow I knew this would wind up here at some point today..  

lol, westside.

edit to add, head north, to West Chester, Mason and the land of white collar crime!

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL

East Side til I die

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

West Siders...not surprising.  
West side is the best side.
....at stealing and drug addiction.

LOL

East Side til I die

Have fun with all your delicious Indian restaurants, soccer moms, and hipsters.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
i make it a point not to live any where near a bus line.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Heck, I work at a Home Depot that is very close to a "diversified" neighborhood and the local PD is there almost daily to pick up shoplifters the LP guys caught.

Its kind of entertaining!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You Buckeyes *DO* know the Aurora, Indiana Walmart is only 20 minutes away, dontcha???
Guns, fishing equipment, clean, well lighted, no noxious smells, multiple cash registers open...
Its like a different planet...
View Quote

My brother in law was the store manager at aurora store not that long ago. Oddly enough, he left for a store in cincinatti.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can't think of anything to say that won't be racist...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Condolences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heh, I was at that walmart last night.

Condolences.

I bought a really nice trash can. It will go well with my aks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:49:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://cdn.hark.com/images/001/508/782/1508782/original.jpg

Gabby says the shoplifters are near.
View Quote

Well done sir
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:54:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:59:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Surprise! Poor people shop at Walmart, and Walmart likes to put their stores near their customers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
***"The researchers concluded: 'Our analyses revealed that counties with Walmart had, on average, higher violent and property crime rates compared to similarly situated counties without the retailer’s presence"***

Surprise! Poor people shop at Walmart, and Walmart likes to put their stores near their customers.

No. No, no, no.

Where do large retail chains locate stores? Near population centers. Cities.

Where do large retail chains NOT locate stores? In sparsely populated rural areas, where there are no people.  You even need "sparsely" as a disclaimer because they do put stores in smaller towns that would identify as rural.

Who has higher crime rates, urban or rural?

Surprise surfuckingprise.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:07:42 AM EDT
[#12]
http://archive.cincinnati.com/article/20130929/EDIT03/309290011/The-changing-face-Westwood

2000 - 2010: low crime rate population group fleeing, high crime rate population group moving in.  Predictably, predictable consequences followed.  (pun intended)

It's time for Wal-Mart to move out too.

Memo to Wal-Mart: you do not have unlimited resources, use your resources where they will yield the highest return and lowest risk.  Get it?

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:34:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://archive.cincinnati.com/article/20130929/EDIT03/309290011/The-changing-face-Westwood

2000 - 2010: low crime rate population group fleeing, high crime rate population group moving in.  Predictably, predictable consequences followed.  (pun intended)

It's time for Wal-Mart to move out too.

Memo to Wal-Mart: you do not have unlimited resources, use your resources where they will yield the highest return and lowest risk.  Get it?

View Quote

They need to wait until the next granola eat-buy local anti-Walmart protest and say "Ok, we're out." Don't see as many of those as we did a few years ago. Seems like the Walmart/Monsanto/Halliburton crowd kinda faded away.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah. I work for a loss prevention company who is hired by a decent sized retail store in a certain demographic wellfare area of Texas.

We arrest 200 people a year and 90% are...well you know.
View Quote

And if they are anything but white, You are racist
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:49:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
***"The researchers concluded: 'Our analyses revealed that counties with Walmart had, on average, higher violent and property crime rates compared to similarly situated counties without the retailer’s presence"***
View Quote

It's almost as if a company like Walmart might look for a place where their necessarily he real-estate footprint wasn't prohibitively expensive or something, and that there might be correlations between violent and property crime rates and property values.

Who'da thunk it?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:50:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When I go into the kingstowne VA Walmart. I feel like I'm at the UN
View Quote

Not sure what that has to do with this thread, but OK.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:57:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's almost as if a company like Walmart might look for a place where their necessarily he real-estate footprint wasn't prohibitively expensive or something, and that there might be correlations between violent and property crime rates and property values.

Who'da thunk it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who'da thunk it?

That would only come into play if they were analyzing at a neighborhood level. They're looking at statistics by county, which essentially guarantees that any place in the "No Walmart" column has more deer than people per square mile and the residents haven't locked their doors since ever.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:10:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:12:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That would only come into play if they were analyzing at a neighborhood level. They're looking at statistics by county, which essentially guarantees that any place in the "No Walmart" column has more deer than people per square mile and the residents haven't locked their doors since ever.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who'da thunk it?

Shit, good catch. I skimmed it and my brain simply saw that as "regions." If they are seriously looking at geographical counties, that's even more absurd.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:14:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:20:24 AM EDT
[#21]

When it starts being a real issue for them, they'll suddenly have "plumbing problems."

Until that time it's just part of the cost of doing business.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
...is less than 2 miles from my house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3147343/Ohio-Walmart-Cincinnati-s-Westwood-shoplifted-entire-chain.html

Who wants to guess the demographics of the neighborhood?

Hint: It's on a bus line.
View Quote

Being near a bus line is a major deal breaker for me when looking for somewhere to live.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I am from Columbus but listen to a Cincinnati radio station and it sounds like its turning into a real zoo down there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am from Columbus but listen to a Cincinnati radio station and it sounds like its turning into a real zoo down there.
View Quote

Cincinnati has been a zoo for years. Its rapidly on its way to another Detroit or Cleveland or...
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm questioning this claim.

Article says 235 reports of theft in 2 years.

Thats really not too crazy.
View Quote

I would have suspected 235 in a month.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You guys aren't working hard if you can't average 1 a day

You know that there are more than that shoplifting
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah. I work for a loss prevention company who is hired by a decent sized retail store in a certain demographic wellfare area of Texas.

You guys aren't working hard if you can't average 1 a day

You know that there are more than that shoplifting

Hell we have at least 2 a day in our local paper. I live 13 miles from the local Wal-Mart, out in the boonies so I have a buffer zone

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Sad to hear as my parents took me down to many Reds games as a kid, I try to do the same but stear clear of the potential bad areas.
Quoted:

Cincinnati has been a zoo for years. Its rapidly on its way to another Detroit or Cleveland or...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Had a big outlet mall open a mile or so from a rather large 'hood. There were woods and rough terrain that acted as buffer, so patrons who weren't familiar with the area really didn't know.. But in short order there was so much pillaging, that a route in the woods between the mall and the hood was referred to as the 'Ho Chi Minn Trail' On robbery, car burglary, shoplifting calls, etc, if the trail was checked, there'd be discarded clothing, shoes, along with packaging, retail tags, Nike boxes, etc that spread the mile route.

What exasperbated the problem was their corporate policy on shoplifting... 'Just do nothing' and combined that with a security contractor that  recruited octogenarians!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
700wlw?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
fucking hate shoplifting calls, waste of police resources
View Quote

Because stopping thieves and helping keep businesses from failing is a waste of police resources, got it. You could have been writing traffic citations on the real criminals right?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When I go into the kingstowne VA Walmart. I feel like I'm at the UN
View Quote

You should see the one on Columbus St in Philly.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Heh, I was at that walmart last night.
View Quote

you and the OP live by there??

I think we are beginning to see enough about the neighborhood to come to an educated guess on the locals.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Texans.  There's a surprise.  The other 10% are Okies???
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's a VERY different Westwood from the one I'm used to (UCLA)

View Quote

Bruins or Buckeyes, a pox on both their houses.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top