BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/1/2015 6:48:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Russell, who reportedly has two black belts in a Korean martial art, said both she and de Caro have concealed weapons permits and had put two guns in the bedside table. Russell was able to slide one of them into her purse and handed the purse to de Caro.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]

They were staying at a Motel 6 in Alburquerque?

Wha.....?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wha.....?

View Quote

ya....something doesn't gybe.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do as we say at CNN, not as we do.
View Quote

Guns for me but not for thee crowd.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Good shoot
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm surprised that they listed the race of the attacker and this quote,

"I knew he wouldn’t mind shooting us,” Russell said.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Not everyone holds to their employer's political positions.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]
From the article:

"Russell said de Caro fired six rounds, and when he was finished the suspect was still firing."

“It was a shootout,” she said. “When Chuck exhausted the weapon, he was bleeding profusely.”

A revolver, maybe?

Anyway, I'm glad the bad guy was DRT and the good guy survived.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]
FCNN
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wha.....?

Doesn't add up.     What was in the Briefcase???  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wha.....?

Same thing that was in the briefcase in "Pulp Fiction" . . .duh. . .

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Should have let him have the briefcase, and then confront him in the parking lot while saying.  "hey homie, is that my briefcase."

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember her from the Gulf War era of CNN.
good for her and her husband.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Should have let him have the briefcase, and then confront him in the parking lot while saying.  "hey homie, is that my briefcase."

View Quote

well, there was apparently a headshot...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah didn't kick in till he made it to the parking lot though. He was still shooting when Decaro's gun ran dry. Must have been a 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Bet he has an app in at fox
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly and, if I recall correctly, russell hasn't been a cnn anchor for quite some time now. I think she used to work there way back in the 90's, though, and I also seem to recall that she was a part of the cnn headline news staff at one time.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#18]
The article is blacked out for me..

What's her name?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wha.....?

You have to wait for the sequel to find out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#20]
They should have called the cops and waited it out. That's the cops job. Never take the law in your own hands.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Apparently some of that Blue crystal is still around
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah didn't kick in till he made it to the parking lot though. He was still shooting when Decaro's gun ran dry. Must have been a 9mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

never shoot a brainless guy in the head.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

What's her name?
View Quote

lynn russell

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Article doesn't show for me.   What's it say?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They should have called the cops and waited it out. That's the cops job. Never take the law in your own hands.
View Quote

I don't think they were dishing out justice as much as protecting themselves. and the briefcase. What's in the briefcase?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like the guy was naked when he won that gunfight
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Nutshell Version

1) Husband & wife are both former cnn employees and ccw users who were staying at a new mexico motel 6 on their way to california.

2) Wife opened motel door to go back to their car to get something and she was held up at gunpoint by a black man who forced her back into the room. Husband was taking a shower while attempted robbery was taking place.

3) Their firearms were hidden away in a nightstand next to the bed and during the confusion the wife was able to slip one of them in her pocketbook and give the pocketbook to her husband.

4) After failing to talk the suspect down and appeasing him, the suspect began firing at the husband when he refused to let the suspect have their briefcase. Husband was hit 3 times but returned fire and the suspect ran out of the hotel room and died of multiple gsw's out in the parking lot. Husband is now residing in an albuquerque, new mexico hospital, as well.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Motel 6 in a rough part of town? Color me surprised.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#29]
When in Albuquerque, never, never ever, stay on the west side of town along I-40, or stay in the west or extreme east along Central ave. Never, never ever do that! Ever! Seriously don't do it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I am SURE this story will be aired on the Communist News Network...and I'm sure they will drag out Piers Morgan to claim how this was a good shoot. Sure.... I'm sure of it...Confidence is high...I repeat, confidence is high.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder how the "you only need six bullets (or seven in NY) crowd will look at this one. Sounds like the good guy was still taking incoming after emptying his gun.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#33]
That's what happens when you make a Right Turn at Albuquerque.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#34]

I always thought she was sexy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What's her name?
View Quote

You have to answer the question on how many times a day that you use a microwave.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When in Albuquerque, never, never ever, stay on the west side of town along I-40, or stay in the west or extreme east along Central ave. Never, never ever do that! Ever! Seriously don't do it.
View Quote

sounds like a man with some experience.

do tell...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nutshell Version

1) Husband & wife are both former cnn employees and ccw users who were staying at a new mexico motel 6 on their way to california.

2) Wife opened motel door to go back to their car to get something and she was held up at gunpoint by a black man who forced her back into the room. Husband was taking a shower while attempted robbery was taking place.

3) Their firearms were hidden away in a nightstand next to the bed and during the confusion the wife was able to slip one of them in her pocketbook and give the pocketbook to her husband.

4) After failing to talk the suspect down and appeasing him, the suspect began firing at the husband when he refused to let the suspect have their briefcase. Husband was hit 3 times but returned fire and the suspect ran out of the hotel room and died of multiple gsw's out in the parking lot. Husband is now residing in an albuquerque, new mexico hospital, as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nutshell Version

Fox News article said he pushed her onto the bed.  I wonder if he wanted rape, thought she was alone, and did not realize at first the husband was in the shower.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#38]
From wiki below. She isn't your typical lib, maybe not a lib at all.

In 1989, at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, she combined her connections to the military and to her colleagues by pinning the coveted Air Assault badge on CNN’s first Special Assignments Correspondent, friend, and now-husband, Chuck de Caro, upon his graduation from the US Army Air Assault School.[citation needed]

1996 to 2005: Deputy Sheriff in Fulton County, Georgia, Reserve Division.[citation needed] Besides Jail Officer, her duties included traffic, appropriations, communications and courthouse security during the trial of former Black Panther H. Rap Brown (Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin), now serving a life sentence for the murder of a Fulton County deputy.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

From wiki below. She isn't your typical lib, maybe not a lib at all.

In 1989, at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, she combined her connections to the military and to her colleagues by pinning the coveted Air Assault badge on CNN’s first Special Assignments Correspondent, friend, and now-husband, Chuck de Caro, upon his graduation from the US Army Air Assault School.[citation needed]

1996 to 2005: Deputy Sheriff in Fulton County, Georgia, Reserve Division.[citation needed] Besides Jail Officer, her duties included traffic, appropriations, communications and courthouse security during the trial of former Black Panther H. Rap Brown (Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin), now serving a life sentence for the murder of a Fulton County deputy.

View Quote

Well, now it all makes sense----no wonder she doesn't work at cnn any longer. A pro-military female journalist with an ex-military husband and she used to be a reserve cop in Atlanta, too? To paraphrase Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time fo dat" at cnn.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't think they were dishing out justice as much as protecting themselves. and the briefcase. What's in the briefcase?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sarcasm meter, brah.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#42]
The husband and wife are friends with an AFCOMMER, I believe they have purchases firearms from his business.  Not sure of the ARCOMMER, I think it might be HardRock ? (The snake guy from WV) not sure if I got his avatar name right.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Sounds like a good shoot after reading the article
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#45]
"The husband and wife are both licensed firearms owners and experienced shooters, and De Caro quickly armed himself with a pocket 9 mm handgun."
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Nothing good happens in a Motel parking lot after dark.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Nothing good happens in a Motel parking lot after dark.

View Quote

"You meet a better class of people in the dark sometimes."

- Dirty Harry.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#48]
I think the last time I watched CNN was when she was on
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

I have only been to Albuquerque once, and based on my impressions of the city I would agree.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top