Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/1/2015 4:12:43 PM EDT
Snagged a LaRue Stealth 16 in in their Seabiscuit v War Admiral sale. Holy hell this is sexy. I wasn't expecting a predatobr style barrel. I can't decide what kinda build to make!!!!! Was going to source LaRue parts but my car decided to drop its gearbox . Guess that build will just have to percolate for a while. Can't believe I got this for $200.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#1]
They are nice!  I really like the dimple work.  

Mine did have a slight brass mark that I believe was from the jig for the dimpling work.  I think it will come off if I scrub but I haven't tried yet.  I went with a 20" Stealth profile.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
How long until you build it out?  Full planned build specs?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I If you don't mind me asking, is this a mid length or rifle length gas setup on the 20" stealth?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
In for gas block compatibility.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I If you don't mind me asking, is this a mid length or rifle length gas setup on the 20" stealth?

Thanks
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
Rifle on the 20".
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Rifle on the 20".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks
Rifle on the 20".

Yep, 20's are rifle gas.  Larue ues Mid on the 18, 16 and 14.5.  The 12" barrels are carbine gas.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Front and rear dimples appear to match most low profile gas blocks.  Very few have the center screw though.  I ended up using a clamp on gas block as that was what I already had.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I want mine
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I want mine
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I will say that I wish I had ordered a 16'' instead of the 18''. Oh well, no chance to change it now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I will say that I wish I had ordered a 16'' instead of the 18''. Oh well, no chance to change it now.
View Quote

You can always have it cut shorter.  I would always be worried that it's accuracy potential would be damaged by poor work though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You can always have it cut shorter.  I would always be worried that it's accuracy potential would be damaged by poor work though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends. Wonder if they would do the work or not... LaRue is right down the street from me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure you could get a trade on the EE.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Snagged a LaRue Stealth 16 in in their Seabiscuit v War Admiral sale. Holy hell this is sexy...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Did it come with the other goodies that normally comes with a LaRue order?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Front and rear dimples appear to match most low profile gas blocks.  Very few have the center screw though.  I ended up using a clamp on gas block as that was what I already had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sprung for the LaRue gas block when I got my Stealth.  I figured... may as well make it a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#18]
sry, double tap
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Did it come with the other goodies that normally comes with a LaRue order?
View Quote
Mine came with dillo dust and a dillo.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Apparently post and you shall receive! Got a tracking number today, should be here tomorrow

Actually tomorrow should be a VERY good day. Entire rifle + scope and scope mount showing up in about 6 different shipments (if USPS doesn't fuck up)
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Which scope and mount did you end up going with?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Which scope and mount did you end up going with?
View Quote

From my thread... went with both!

Picked up a Viper PST 2-10 for this Stealth barreled rifle and a SWFA SS 12x from the EE that will be on the 308. Figured the 5.56 should have the more versatile scope.

For the mount, I'm sticking with the PEPR for the time being. I think I've gotta save my pennies for the Nightforce mount. The barrel sale made that hard
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#23]
After seeing the dimples, I am glad I got a Larue lowpro gas block.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You're killin' me Smalls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well since my 14.5 is still sitting there can you cut it  5/8 / 24 and add mine or your MB762SSal/re.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, I was expecting 4-8 weeks.

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Let me dig through several reams of paper, I'll be right back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well since my 14.5 is still sitting there can you cut it  5/8 / 24 and add mine or your MB762SSal/re.

Let me dig through several reams of paper, I'll be right back.

Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'll be back
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Can't wait for my 12". It's first going to be a pistol, until my form 1 goes through. It's going to be a host for my specwar.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't have a build plan yet, but Im thinking its worth pimping out my Noveske Gen III chainsaw and 15 inch NSR to get a LaRue lower and maybe upper to build on. What do you guys suggest? Its a beefy bastard, and I want to do it justice.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nice
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be back

Nice

Mark, that picture gave me chills. I remember, vividly, the first time I ever heard of LaRue. I was at Bracken Range, here in San Antonio, and I had my new Colt 6940 (my first AR). Saw a guy down the way shooting nice MOA groups, asked him how he got his AR so accurate. He started talking about triggers etc, and I mentioned I'd love to make a tack-driver AR. This guy said, "Oh, then you want a LaRue OBR." And I was like, "Whats that?!". Google and 5 minutes later and I have you to thank for draining my bank accounts!
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Seeing that is making my wait so much harder!

I just happened to stumble upon the barrel sale. I went to the LaRue site to see if they were the manufacturer on an RDS mount I had seen, no intention to buy anything. Turns out they weren't. While I was there, I decided to browse around a bit. Next thing I know I'm checking out with a 16" and an 18" stealth!  A couple of days later, I came back to check on my order status and left with a 13.2 rail that was on sale!

These deals were just too good to pass up!
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I want mine
View Quote

Yep. Ordered mine a bit over 2 weeks ago, I keep hoping I forget about it so I get a nice surprise when it does finally arrive.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Was there a sale I missed out on?  

ETA  Just found the industry forum thread from a month ago.  I missed the boat.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Waiting....

Everything in the photo is off of prize tables at 3 gun matches
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Waiting....

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Brian_in_Pullman/media/Guns/20150710_205846_zpstnepbbhc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/Brian_in_Pullman/Guns/20150710_205846_zpstnepbbhc.jpg</a>
View Quote

We seem to have the same problem with our builds...can't quite put my finger on what's missing
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#40]
What are the specs on these barrels?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:49:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What are the specs on these barrels?
View Quote

Awesome I hope.  I'm still waiting on my 18" stealth to ship.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 3:27:08 AM EDT
[#42]
So I caved and ordered a Stealth billet upper. And a LaRue hand guard. THEY WERE ON SALE!!!!!! gonna put a Syrac adjustable gas block on it and run it on my PredatAR lower.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:13:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We seem to have the same problem with our builds...can't quite put my finger on what's missing
<a href="http://s766.photobucket.com/user/dragon6097/media/image.jpg1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/dragon6097/image.jpg1.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waiting....

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Brian_in_Pullman/media/Guns/20150710_205846_zpstnepbbhc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/Brian_in_Pullman/Guns/20150710_205846_zpstnepbbhc.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s766.photobucket.com/user/dragon6097/media/image.jpg1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/dragon6097/image.jpg1.jpg</a>

Got my shipping notification today!  
Really like the Seekins SP3R rail.  I have one (also from a match ) on the 3 gun rifle I put together this year.  I really like the wide flat bottom for shooting off of barricades etc.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Hmmm I wonder if my barrel is sitting in there trying to grow legs and run to me

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#45]
One of these days you need to have a half off on the 308 barrels Mark, *hint hint

Good on the barrel sale Mark, thanks for all you do for this community!!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Waiting to see if John Q. Public knows what to do with a fine barrel.

So many wanting M-4 feedramps worries me.

I had a dream, I'm taking a beautiful Irish Setter puppy to it's new owner, but the address turns out to be the service entrance to an Asian restaurant of ill repute.

http://images.popmatters.com/news_art/r/raisingarizona_doubletake_splash650.jpg

I kid, I kid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of these days you need to have a half off on the 308 barrels Mark, *hint hint

Good on the barrel sale Mark, thanks for all you do for this community!!!

Waiting to see if John Q. Public knows what to do with a fine barrel.

So many wanting M-4 feedramps worries me.

I had a dream, I'm taking a beautiful Irish Setter puppy to it's new owner, but the address turns out to be the service entrance to an Asian restaurant of ill repute.

http://images.popmatters.com/news_art/r/raisingarizona_doubletake_splash650.jpg

I kid, I kid.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Great barrel shot!! The most I have ever spent on a barrel is about 150$ so I can wait for the Larue.  Sittin at about 4 weeks so should be any day now.  Its like waiting for a tax stamp on xmas morning.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#49]
i need to benchmark out my DMR with the colt gvt 20,
swap out the barrel with my inbound LaRue and re benchmark
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#50]
I've got one on its way
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top