Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Page2
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did I make it in before the LEOs tell us how this is an acceptable practice?
View Quote
There in their secret forum getting their story right.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

maybe it's the never ending reports of isolated incidents of protecting and serving
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fucking police nowadays make it very hard not to hate them.  

Picture of the dog charging the pussy cop:

http://denvilledogpark.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/lewis-morris-dog-park-on-sunday-afternoon-438.jpg

Guy was an idiot, but that makes you hate police as a whole?  

Hm.

maybe it's the never ending reports of isolated incidents of protecting and serving

Go add up the reports and get back to me with stats.  The numbers are proportionately tiny....it just happens to be all that you see.  There are about a million officers who don't make the news everyday.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's an isolated incident.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this a dupe or does this happen that often?

Pick up that can citizen...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's it for him.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Doubt it. It's all well and good for cops to shoot kids in the head while trying to shoot snakes out of a tree.

Winging  a kid while shooting at a vicious wolf? Party foul at worse.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did I make it in before the LEOs tell us how this is an acceptable practice?

We already discussed it and determined he shouldn't have skipped canine marksmanship class so often.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yessir!  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's it for him.

View Quote

Sadly, he will become the next Chief of Police.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Obviously only police should have guns. Regular citizens just don't have the proper training.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#10]
What a pussy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Only one dog has ever been shot by LE; it was a pitbull/rottweiler mix and it happened back in 2009 but the doper cop haters in GD have been reposting it ever since
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only one dog has ever been shot by LE; it was a pitbull/rottweiler mix and it happened back in 2009 but the doper cop haters in GD have been reposting it ever since

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What a pussy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://denvilledogpark.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/lewis-morris-dog-park-on-sunday-afternoon-438.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Dogs can be vicious to police and other strangers and be a big teddy bear with the family and children.  

My neighbor's dog was like that, and I almost shot the dog for it.  Thing would full on charge me on my own property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had a local sheriffs deputy shoot him self while attempting to shoot a "vicious" dog. The vicious dog was shown in the news report to be playing with children after the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHsIwQkAJxw

Dogs can be vicious to police and other strangers and be a big teddy bear with the family and children.  

My neighbor's dog was like that, and I almost shot the dog for it.  Thing would full on charge me on my own property.

Oh I know, but to have the news crew out there doing the story record the dog playing made the ribbing he got from his collages that much harsher. Dude was an idiot and didn't think smarter rather than harder and ate his own bullet because of it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Maybe Europe has it right

Maybe our cops should be unarmed
View Quote
Not a bad idea, or maybe pull a Barney Fife and issue one "bullet".  Crack open the ammo vault when there's prevalent need.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
Small moving target is difficult to hit

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a pussy.

Not funny to be so incompetent or hyped up that you not only miss the deadly threat but to hit a 4 year old girl.

But he is a pussy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Go add up the reports and get back to me with stats.  The numbers are proportionately tiny....it just happens to be all that you see.  There are about a million officers who don't make the news everyday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guy was an idiot, but that makes you hate police as a whole?  

Hm.

There's more than  three hundred million people in this country only a tiny fraction are murderers and of that tiny fraction a smaller number are willing to kill cops. But when it happens it makes the news but it's a proportionately small number so nothing to worry about right? 300+ million who don't make the news
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not funny to be so incompetent or hyped up that you not only miss the deadly threat but to hit a 4 year old girl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a pussy.

Are you kidding? If that happened at work we would have gotten years of laughs out of it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

But he is a pussy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a pussy.

But he is a pussy.

Hell, maybe he is incompetent.  Sounds like he fucked up.

I just want to see your medals for valor and bravery first before I agree with you...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#22]

I'm missing the humor of the story.  Shooting four year olds must be an inside joke.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you kidding? If that happened at work we would have gotten years of laughs out of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a pussy.

There would be a picture of a dog put on my desk for years.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#24]
OP's username and thread title made me LOL.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a pussy.

Our chief shot at a dog and hit a lady in the ass  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm missing the humor of the story.  Shooting four year olds must be an inside joke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a pussy.

Yeah, but we all know NYPD is almost exclusively staffed by psychopaths.

ETA: Apparently a number of agencies are staffed my psychopaths.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There'd be dog toys, target's with kids on them, etc. glued to the cop's locker within a day.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah, but we all know NYPD is almost exclusively staffed by psychopaths though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We mercilessly mocked the cop at work who shot at a guy and instead killed a grandmother sitting on her porch. Even more so after we found out he wanted to put in for a medal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I know that cop wasn't aiming for that child, and I'm sure he feels terrible about it. I also know he will be doing everything possible to escape any consequences, and if history has taught us anything, it's that consequences are unlikely. But none of this would have happened had he not dangerously discharged a firearm out of an irrational fear of a family dog and a shoot first/ask questions later attitude towards those family pets.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#32]
That ought to be a career-ending screw-up, to include restitution for the little girl and her family - I guess we'll see what happens to him, if anything.  

If it had been a CCW neighbor that had gotten called over to help and ended up shooting past the family dog and hitting a 4yr old, people would be calling for his head on a platter and Bloomberg would cite it as proof positive that "civilians" can't be trusted to carry guns.  The fact that this particular guy was a police officer shouldn't change anything.  Knowing his target and what is beyond it isn't optional, even if he was legitimately under attack by the dog.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I know that cop wasn't aiming for that child, and I'm sure he feels terrible about it. I also know he will be doing everything possible to escape any consequence
View Quote

Judging by responses in this thread, I doubt he cares. Except about the hazing
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I just want to see your medals for valor and bravery first before I agree with you...
View Quote

I don't really care if you agree with me.  In fact I prefer that you personally disagree with me on everything. If we were to agree, I'd have to have my head checked.

Clear?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We mercilessly mocked the cop at work who shot at a guy and instead killed a grandmother sitting on her porch. Even more so after we found out he wanted to put in for a medal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO, that kind of negligence shouldn't be mocked or laughed at - it should be punished and held up as an example to others, that you own the consequences of every bullet you fire, from the moment it leaves your barrel until it comes to rest.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't really care if you agree with me.  In fact I prefer that you personally disagree with me on everything. If we were to agree, I'd have to have my head checked.

Clear?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clear?

Roger that, Captain Bravery.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder if the girl was moving or stationary?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay classy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We had a local sheriffs deputy shoot him self while attempting to shoot a "vicious" dog. The vicious dog was shown in the news report to be playing with children after the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHsIwQkAJxw

I've been self employed for 18 years going to people's homes, home offices and small businesses.  I meet new dogs every week, sometimes more than one in a day, and I've never been bit or ever felt the slightest need to shoot a dog.  I've ran into dogs that don't like me but if I stand back and give the owner a minute or two to get them under control there's never been a problem.

I guess I can understand that the cops will run into the type of dogs that I don't have contact with considering I go mostly to middle and upper class homes, but it also seems like a lot of the dogs they shoot are the same kind I run into and really aren't a serious threat.

I get it that some cops hate dogs or that some dogs hate strange people, but it's still hard to excuse them shooting dogs that show bluster or other non harmful behavior.  Or for shooting and hitting something other than the dog.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Clear?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Clear?
You mean since the lobotomy?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Nevabindoneb4.img
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a pussy.

But he is a pussy.

The cop is a fucking pussy
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So you judge what that officers feels and thinks based off of some comments made by random strangers on the internet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know that cop wasn't aiming for that child, and I'm sure he feels terrible about it. I also know he will be doing everything possible to escape any consequence

Judging by responses in this thread, I doubt he cares. Except about the hazing

So you judge what that officers feels and thinks based off of some comments made by random strangers on the internet?

General attitude and the results of these stories. Nothing is going to happen except some cut and paste statement, someone else's money tossed their way and it happening again. It's a pattern of apathy.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a huge problem with this.  The officer should be fired and prosecuted.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#47]
The arena dogs have assembled!

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a pussy.

Did 40x pass the torch to you?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
  The cop is a fucking pussy
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

IMO, that kind of negligence shouldn't be mocked or laughed at - it should be punished and held up as an example to others, that you own the consequences of every bullet you fire, from the moment it leaves your barrel until it comes to rest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I'm not the PC or the DA.
Those decisions were wayyyy above my paygrade.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top