Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/29/2015 8:14:14 PM EDT

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
That' is the most racist thing I have ever seen!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That' is the most racist thing I have ever seen!
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]

WOW.. that is super impressive.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Cool stuff, I wish I spoke Swedish Chef.

That guy at 5min really did well with the bolt gun against the G3s
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
They take shooting seriously in Norway (televised big event).  You can shoot 3-4 matches in a day there in the peak of the season (so I've heard).
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Eye pro optional I guess.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]
One of those motherfuckers was pulling the trigger with his pinkie... Or am I seeing things?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One of those motherfuckers was pulling the trigger with his pinkie... Or am I seeing things?
View Quote

That is exactly what he is doing
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.  And he won with an old "antique" Norwegian 6.5x55 Krag.  
They are fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#11]
They appear to have quite the following

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#12]
How far away are the targets?  What size are the targets?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Sky-Stank-King

Stank-Sky-King

Sky-Kite-String

Burnt Barrel Much?

ETA:

Stangskyting is litteraly Stang shooting named after Colonel Georg Stang (1858-1907), is a practical rifle competition popular in Norway where the shooter has two periods of 25 seconds to get as many hits as possible on a target at an unknown distance, with an unlimited number of rounds.

The shooting position is prone with the rifle loaded, safety catch applied and the butt of the stock touching the ground. At the command "Ready!" the rifle is put to the shoulder and the safety catch disengaged. Five seconds later the "Fire!" command is given. The targets used is "Småen" placed somewhere between 125-175 meters, and a 1/4 target placed somewhere between 200-250 meters.

A Danish variant very similar to stangskyting called hurtigskydning (litterally Speed Shooting) is arranged by Danske Gymnastik- & Idrætsforeninger (DGI). 10-ring bullseye targets at 200 m must be engaged with as many rounds as possible during 25 seconds, only scoring hits in the black area.

Sauer 200 STR (Scandinavian Target Rifle) is the most commonly used rifle for stangskyting nowadays.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#14]
badass

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Sky-Stank-King

Stank-Sky-King

Sky-Kite-String

Burnt Barrel Much?
ETA:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sky-Stank-King

Stank-Sky-King

Sky-Kite-String

Burnt Barrel Much?
ETA:

Stangskyting is litteraly Stang shooting named after Colonel Georg Stang (1858-1907), is a practical rifle competition popular in Norway where the shooter has two periods of 25 seconds to get as many hits as possible on a target at an unknown distance, with an unlimited number of rounds.

The shooting position is prone with the rifle loaded, safety catch applied and the butt of the stock touching the ground. At the command "Ready!" the rifle is put to the shoulder and the safety catch disengaged. Five seconds later the "Fire!" command is given. The targets used is "Småen" placed somewhere between 125-175 meters, and a 1/4 target placed somewhere between 200-250 meters.

A Danish variant very similar to stangskyting called hurtigskydning (litterally Speed Shooting) is arranged by Danske Gymnastik- & Idrætsforeninger (DGI). 10-ring bullseye targets at 200 m must be engaged with as many rounds as possible during 25 seconds, only scoring hits in the black area.

Sauer 200 STR (Scandinavian Target Rifle) is the most commonly used rifle for stangskyting nowadays.

stang-sheeting is how it's pronounced.  

We had a guy in San Jose from Norway that shot that Sauer rifle.  He could swap barrels with a screwdriver, and it shot some nice groups.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
This makes me want a left handed T3 sported in 6.5x55 so I can exercise my inner Finn.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This makes me want a left handed T3 sported in 6.5x55 so I can exercise my inner Finn.
View Quote
I wonder how those old Swiss K33s would fare with the straight pull. It would seem at first glance that it would be faster with a few modifications...

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Awesome vids OP!

Surprising lack of eye-pro though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Nords have all the fun  

<------
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Cool stuff, I wish I spoke Swedish Chef.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sky-Stank-King

Stank-Sky-King

Sky-Kite-String

Burnt Barrel Much?

ETA:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sky-Stank-King

Stank-Sky-King

Sky-Kite-String

Burnt Barrel Much?

ETA:

Skank G String?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Norwegians are fit motherfuckers and love to shoot. If you want to see the most bad ass sport in the world, go see a biathlon live. It's fucking intense...

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#24]
So hold on here.

The one dude is shooting with a bolt rifle and winning?   Vs the guys with the H&K looking rifles that are semi auto?

Surely that must put him at a disadvantage right off.

The guy at 23:20 with the H&K looks like he is shooting faster, but is missing more shots from the center area.

Good video thanks for posting OP.  

We need this as a national spot in the US.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#25]
In the second video posted there's the wild boar video from a few years back.

Anyone have a link to the original?  I've looked on youtube and appear to be lacking in search skills.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#26]
No FDE or 30rd mags?  Their funeral...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Cool find OP!  Thanks for posting that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Guys shoot faster and more accurate with irons and a bolt gun than arfcom could with scoped semi autos.

arfcoms comment, "no eye pro?"

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Combined with homemade gear, no way this is tacticool enough for arf. Kind of nice to see a sport not so product driven. More about shooting than gear whoring.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Combined with homemade gear, no way this is tacticool enough for arf. Kind of nice to see a sport not so product driven. More about shooting than gear whoring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I bet the parts in those guns would easily cost more than a BAD lever etc.

Gear snobs exist outside tacticool circles.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Guys shoot faster and more accurate with irons and a bolt gun than arfcom could with scoped semi autos.

View Quote

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I'm seeing online, those bolt action rifles are $5,000 or more.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's pretty cool. I couldn't watch the whole thing now but they work the bolt with their trigger finger and pull the trigger with their middle etc finger
View Quote

Brits trained rifleman with this technique on the SMLE.
The record holder of the mad minute is super human with the speed he could shoot using the middle finger technique.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may be painting with a broad brush here. Im not nescessarily talking about the rifles. Everytime Im at the range every one is Chris Costa. Got to have the Costa sunglasses , the shoes,. This is the only kind of range bag to have, you dont have it you aint doing it right. My mags have to match my rifle cause Larry vickers said so. They are more focused on the gear accesories than they are shooting. Some times the gear adds up to more than the rifle. And as a poster said above me its not just the tacticool crowd either.
Just wanted to clarify.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Makes me want a CG-63 even more than I already did.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Loved the happy switched G3....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They are more focused on the gear accesories than they are shooting.
View Quote

Yeah but I can order gear from the internet, I can't order skill.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for posting this. It's enough to make you want to cry:

-a shooting event with a crowd of enthusiastic spectators.
-master level shooters who are respected.
-first class facilities devoted to shooting sports.

The closest we come to this in this country now is High Power, rapid fire at 200 (sitting) and 300(prone). much, much slower. Rarely shot anymore with bolt guns.

I'll be at a highpower match this Saturday. There will be few competitiors. There will be NO spectators.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Here is Norways laws on firearm ownership for this competition.

For competitive shooters in Det Frivillige Skyttervesen (DFS) you will need an active membership for 6 months, and limitations for membership is Norwegian Nationals only. There is training course for youth from age 8 and up to 18, for adults an introduction to safety and behavior on the range is given, no written exams are required. Active members can apply for rifles approved by DFS competitions such as Sauer 200 STR in caliber 6.5×55 Scan, 308 Win, and 22lr only, Other approved rifles is Krag-Jørgensen, Mauser M98, and other competition bolt action rifles in 22lr with trigger pull of 1.5kg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I may be painting with a broad brush here. Im not nescessarily talking about the rifles. Everytime Im at the range every one is Chris Costa. Got to have the Costa sunglasses , the shoes,. This is the only kind of range bag to have, you dont have it you aint doing it right. My mags have to match my rifle cause Larry vickers said so. They are more focused on the gear accesories than they are shooting. Some times the gear adds up to more than the rifle. And as a poster said above me its not just the tacticool crowd either.
Just wanted to clarify.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wanted to clarify.

Well you do live in Texas.

And T stands for try hard.  So there's that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just wanted to clarify.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wanted to clarify.

It is now a lifestyle and all that that entails. (like Harleys)
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Skank-skeeting?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Just wanted to clarify.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wanted to clarify.

You forgot about the tactical vocab too.....lol

Shit is so stupid.  

They are just like the loud mouth guy in bar in an affliction shirt.  You know it's an act.

"Being powerful is a lot like being a lady.  If you have to remind someone you are, you aren't."  Margret Thatcher

Wankers.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Thæm Nórwêègians sure cån shôøt by gôlly
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#46]
They have some skills
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Skank-skeeting?
View Quote

not the same kind of contest but that's fun too
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#48]
The Dismal Seepage Ruritan club has a Nordic Fast Fire
tournament each October in connection with Octoberfest.

Last year, my sister's husband's son's wife's brother, Magnus Magnussun,

won overall master class.

He shot a Carl Gustav match rifle chambered in .223 Lapua.

As I recall, he won a Franklin Mint Model '94 Hank Williams, Jr. carbine, a Dale Earnhart, Jr. autographed die cast car,

a thirty pound bag of Euchanuba dog food, and a box of .22 shorts.

Word got out about the treasure trove of prizes; and this year they already have closed

competitor registration. They expect shooters from, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark,

Lapland, Iceland, Greenland, Faroe Islands, Russia, and of course Dismal Seepage (which

has a strong contender with Siguorn Magnussun who lives just outside of town in Frog Level).

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Marcus Blanchard who took 6th overall at 2015 SH Cup

Moving Target Stage at 540 yards - 10" plate moving side to side behind hay bails at Aprox 3mph ..... 25 hits in less than 2 minutes

6.5 creedmoor built by Kelbly's on a Kelbly Kodiak action shooting the 139 scenar

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=541&f=5522&t=13872399&p=1

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In the second video posted there's the wild boar video from a few years back.

Anyone have a link to the original?  I've looked on youtube and appear to be lacking in search skills.
View Quote

Which one ??

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top