Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 1:56:40 PM EDT
The wedding is planned for June here locally after being together for 5 years and having a 4 yr old boy. I'm not all about wedding planning. So I suggest Hey, lets go to Vegas! I was shot down immediately.

Her mother just got diagnosed with cancer for the third time and so she is obviously stressed. She doesn't know if she can handle weeding planning stress and stress from her mothers cancer. So my idea is starting to sound better and better to her.    

Her mother loves Vegas. So she is on my side. A bunch of friends say they have been looking for a excuse to go/go back so it wont just be us.

Anyone have any pointers for a Vegas wedding/trip? Time of year to go, places to stay, places to see ( I want to see the Hoover Dam), wedding places to avoid and so on?

Yes I know you will need a picture to actually offer any help to me.

1620460_10152779140105987_5730305279206923797_n by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I renewed my vows in the little white wedding chapel with Elvis  I would recommend it the wife loved it
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
drive through chapel

I live here but really I don't know much about having a wedding here. If I get married here it will be somewhere outside.

Most of the nicer hotels have full service wedding chapels with photographers and everything I might contact some of the ones that are attractive to you and see if they have some sort of package deal for x rooms for your guests the wedding and a reception.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Move the date up to April. You don't want to be in Vegas in June. It's still fun, you're in Vegas, but April weather is damn near perfect. mid 80's and dry as can be.

ETA, it's been in the low hundreds there most of this June. Hit 113 last weekend. The all time record high is 117.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I was there a couple of years ago in June during the heat wave.  I think that's when the record was set.  The low humidity makes a big difference, up to a point.  It was well past that point.

It was 123 on my way back from Moab a bit Northeast from there.

You can go out and choot some machine guns.

Midget Elvis though, you have to get the ceremony performed by the midget Elvis.  Little E!

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The date is up in the air if we do go to Vegas. Her mother suggested Oct.

April is her and our son's birthday so she may be hesitant on that.

Feb 29th, 2016 sounds good. How is the weather that time of the year?

When she finally started coming around. I started off with Elvis. She said no Elvis, but if I get her drunk enough.  A midget Elvis at a Area 51 themed chapel could happen...

Saw this weddingl site for 299. My type of price.

Link
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, have you considered simply going to city hall to get married in your town and the simply taking the close family (whoever would go to Vegas with you) out to a nice restaurant after? How serious is your future MIL's cancer? Is there a chance that by waiting she might not be around for the wedding? If she's ill, will she really want to travel?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Careful there she has the famed "I'd Like to See the Manager" haircut.  Just sayin'  
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, have you considered simply going to city hall to get married in your town and the simply taking the close family (whoever would go to Vegas with you) out to a nice restaurant after? How serious is your future MIL's cancer? Is there a chance that by waiting she might not be around for the wedding? If she's ill, will she really want to travel?
View Quote

I want to take her with us. As I said before she loves Vegas.

But yes we have talked about simply going down to city hall and then when he mother beats caner again all going out to Vegas.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I got the approval from her today.
We are thinking about Oct or March. I think we will leave it up to her mother. Mother will be starting some cancer treatment pills instead of doing chemo from the sounds of it so she is optimistic and is actually the one that talked her into it finally.

So Vegas here we come!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I got married in Vegas at Little Chapel of the Flowers. Only cost like $600. Great deal!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I renewed my vows in the little white wedding chapel with Elvis  I would recommend it the wife loved it
View Quote

We renewed our vows there too at 15 years.
Didn't have Elvis though.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got married in Vegas at Little Chapel of the Flowers. Only cost like $600. Great deal!
View Quote

I got married there 20 years ago this past June.  $75. Limo to court house, to chapel, back to hotel. Even got a free VHS tape of the ceremony since I was .mil

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Depending on how much you are willing to spend, Vegas can be very classy without getting a second mortgage. You can get really nice rooms in the newer hotels for between 200-300 a night. All kinds of package deals for weddings as already mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
This. ELVIS WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it Op!
You wont be disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do it Op!
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=73859
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it Op!

I'm not even a Elvis fan I just think it would be one hell of a story/good time! Living life!

How does the cert. process go in Vegas? Heard it is a 24/7 operation. Will I sober up in the line waiting or is it pretty quick?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah... it was 111 last week.  I think I came close to dying one night, walking the strip.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#18]
It might be dicey weather wise, but do they do outdoor weddings out at red rocks?...its. a gorgeous area....(yeah I know there is a red rocks in Colorado too.)
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm not even a Elvis fan I just think it would be one hell of a story/good time! Living life!

How does the cert. process go in Vegas? Heard it is a 24/7 operation. Will I sober up in the line waiting or is it pretty quick?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it Op!

We stood in line at the license office for about an hour or so, maybe a little less.They have all the info you will need online.  Plenty of street barkers right there who will gladly point you to a chapel within walking distance and no wait if you want.
It was a blast!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#20]
The day after our wedding (which my wife spent 6 months planning), I joked about Vegas and my wife agreed that she should've considered it more seriously, and that was without worrying about stress or family issues to plan around.
Two plane tickets and a hotel in Vegas is much, much cheaper than anything else you could do.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#21]
holy crap, you have been with the same woman for 5 years and have a 4 yr. old together.  Do you think that having a Vegas wedding will make a difference?

Do you and her a favor - get married next week at the courthouse. Seriously, since you have a 4 year old together the bloom is more or less off the flower. Then plan a honey moon/family trip to Las Vegas for the fall.  

Trust me, If you plan on keeping her, your new wife would much rather remember your simple and sincere wedding ceremony at the courthouse instead of some gaudy Lost Wages smarmy wedding chapel.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#22]
We joked about a Vegas wedding (I was serious she wasn't). She has said several times she wished we had done it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
holy crap, you have been with the same woman for 5 years and have a 4 yr. old together.  Do you think that having a Vegas wedding will make a difference?

Do you and her a favor - get married next week at the courthouse. Seriously, since you have a 4 year old together the bloom is more or less off the flower. Then plan a honey moon/family trip to Las Vegas for the fall.  

Trust me, If you plan on keeping her, your new wife would much rather remember your simple and sincere wedding ceremony at the courthouse instead of some gaudy Lost Wages smarmy wedding chapel.
View Quote

Yeah the inmates sitting on the bench waiting for their court appearances are always a romantic touch at any court house wedding.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#24]
We did it in April some years ago, my wife wanted to get married by Elvis. Weather was nice. We booked at the Mirage, and set up a wedding package I think it was the Little White Chapel. A limo picked us up at the Mirage took us to the wedding, we had an Elvis impersonator, 2 hula girls, they did a video for us, gave us a small cake and a bottle of champaign, then the limo ride back to the Mirage for $600. We enjoyed the heck out of it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#25]
We got married at the MGM Grand, family, friends, small reception at the New York, New York, was a great time and experience, we stayed in Vegas as a honeymoon. Highly recommend and it cost us much less than doing something locally.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#26]
holy crap, you have been with the same woman for 5 years and have a 4 yr. old together. Do you think that having a Vegas wedding will make a difference?
View Quote

Guess op's tired pussy and bj's  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#27]
We got married at mt charleston just outside of Vegas.  Stayed in vegas for a few days after.  I'm so glad we didn't do a big wedding.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#28]
We got married in Vegas 3 1/2 years ago. The plane landed at 10:30 PM. Took a cab from the airport to the courthouse. Got our license and were at the hotel by 11:30. The limo picked us up the next day, took us to the chapel, and bam, married. We got married HERE we got a traditional package, my wife wanted no part of an Elvis wedding. If you go there, hire the photographer for a strip shoot. The guy was great and our pics were fantastic. There are 4 pictures from our shoot here. They're the ones with the beautiful woman and the fugly Arfcommer
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Did she ask to speak to the manager?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#30]
We got married in vegas in the wedding garden chapel at the flamingo.  Very nice place, had a blast in vegas and saved a ton of money.   Traditional weddings are god awful expensive.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Do it Op!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do it Op!

Good looking lady you got there.... But one of her femur's is freakishly short.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it Op!

Holy shit.  That's the first thing I thought!  I was like WTF happened there???
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it Op!

Shes just standing weird.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:07:15 AM EDT
[#34]
GD crosses it's wires again.  I thought marriages were a religious sacrament done in a church, and as such only suitable for a god fearing man and his God Fearing bride.

Are you telling us, that some here weren't married in a full up church wedding?

of the 4 siblings in Ma Danby's family, 2 church weddings, two Vegas "elopements"    We're at 37 years and counting, her sister at about 25 years (Vegas), brother (Vegas) around 20 years, youngest brother at about 15years, church wedding.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
GD crosses it's wires again.  I thought marriages were a religious sacrament done in a church, and as such only suitable for a god fearing man and his God Fearing bride.

Are you telling us, that some here weren't married in a full up church wedding?

of the 4 siblings in Ma Danby's family, 2 church weddings, two Vegas "elopements"    We're at 37 years and counting, her sister at about 25 years (Vegas), brother (Vegas) around 20 years, youngest brother at about 15years, church wedding.

View Quote

Elvis is a lot more fun than the dreary old lady at the courthouse.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Buddy of mine got married in vegas. If they had done it at home, this would have been at least a 250 person event. Both had big families and its a small town so tons of friends. I think there were 36 people in the room in vegas. They got married at the MGM Grand and the hotel took care of pretty much everything. Way easier than planning a huge wedding. In and done in half an hour and then to a hall where the food was. Now you can stream in on the internet so people who can't make the trip can still watch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top