Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/27/2015 10:04:53 AM EDT
Holy crap.... I've been hit by a car, hit by a ricochet in the face, tasered, maced, burnt, sliced, hit in the head with a fast ball, and even stabbed.

NOTHING... AND I MOTHER FUCKING MEAN NOTHING! Compares to what I experienced last night. 2am, everything is fine with Mrs. Miami_JBT and next thing I know it feels like I have a red hot poker being jabbed into my left side all while someone is hitting the end of it with a sledgehammer to drive it deeper into me. I doubled over in pain and suffering, saw stars, and prayed for the sweet release of death. I'd even accept a 9mm or a .45 ACP Grip Zoned XD at that moment if it ended the pain.

Mrs. Miami_JBT rushed me to the ER and the nurses gave me wonderful drugs and made me feel all better. A CT scan later confirmed it was a Kidney Stone... 5mm in size traveling from my left kidney and attempting to kill me.

Discharged and right now going to crash.

But before I do.... a letter to Kidney Stones.

Dear Kidney Stones,

FUCK YOU YOU GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING COCK SUCKING ASS FUCKS! YOU LITTLE SHITS ARE PURE FUCKING EVIL AND HATRED. YOU ARE THE SCUM, THE PESTILENCE, AND BLITHE OF ALL THE EMBODIMENT OF FUCKING HIPSTER DOUCHEBAG NECKBEARDED MEATSACK FAILURE ALL ROLLED INTO A TINY PURE FORM OF FUCK! I WOULD ONLY WISH YOU UPON MY MOST HATED OF ENEMIES! FIDEL CASTRO, ROBERT MUGABE, KIM JONG UN, COMMUNISM, AND THE MOTHER FUCKING ASS EATER THAT INVENTED COUNTRY RAP! SWEET MERCIFUL SATAN, ALLAH, JESUS, BUDDHA, GANESH, SHIVA, GASTON GLOCK, AND JOHN M. BROWNING.... NEVER HAVE ME SUFFER SUCH A CRUEL FATE AGAIN AND ONLY VISIT IT UPON THOSE THAT ARE ALREADY ASSHATS LIKE CASTRO!

PS - FUCK YOU YOU LITTLE FUCKS! I FUCKING HATE YOU!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#1]
This should make you feel better.

2.5lb kidney stone
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear ya.  Been there a couple of times myself and now the wife is complaining about pains that sound like the onset of a kidney stone episode.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one, it was a basssssssssssssstard! since then 90% of my liquid diet is water. never again f i can help it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had one, it was a basssssssssssssstard! since then 90% of my liquid diet is water. never again f i can help it.
View Quote
That's the thing. I drink plenty of water, no coffee, no soda, no teas, no sweets, not even milk. Nine out of ten times I'm either drinking water or wine.

But fuck me... it hit me hard. First time ever in my life.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#5]
AGREED! Worse pain I have ever had in my life.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#6]
As bad as kidney stones are that pain is nothing compared to cluster headaches.

Still enjoy the drugs and get well soon.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I had one about six weeks ago. It hurt.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's the thing. I drink plenty of water, no coffee, no soda, no teas, no sweets, not even milk. Nine out of ten times I'm either drinking water or wine.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was the same way. Just waiting on the stone survey to tell me what kind of stone it was to see if I need to adjust my diet.  I also just got my CT scan report and says I have multiple small stones on both kidney's. FML. If the nurse said I needed to kick puppies to get morphine I would have done it!! Doc told me to drink lemonade and tart cherry juice, we will see if it works.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I feel you OP. Had a 4mm stone two years ago. My dad had a 8mm stone that had to be broken up a few years back.

When morphine finally hit my system.... what a glorious moment!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't wait...

My father has a history of them.  Not sure who to believe about whether passing a 2 cm stone or giving birth is more painful.  I'm sure I'll find out.

On top on that, I've got persistent hypercalcemia that my endocrinologist is sending me to a hematologist to figure out.

Bone scan next week.  Kidney stones highly probable down the road.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#11]

I had some once.

They sucked.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#12]
i've passed several and can attest to no other pain being worse
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Tell me about it.
For me plenty of clear fluids plus lemon juice has stopped the formation of new stones.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

As bad as kidney stones are that pain is nothing compared to cluster headaches.

Still enjoy the drugs and get well soon.
View Quote

I don't have them, but my freshman roommate did.  I've never seen a human in such pain.  I've seen people in bad accidents, with broken bones, and yeah, they were hurting.  But shock works wonders to dull pain.  Doesn't work for cluster headaches.

I truly pity anyone who has to endure those.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#15]
A couple of months ago I passed 23 of them in 2 weeks. 1 of them was 4.76 mm. I've had around 80 of them so I feel your pain and hope everything comes out ok
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right here. I love me some Demerol.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#19]
The first is the worst.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a running scrip for Demerol. When the scrip either runs out or the date runs out, My Urologist gives me another one. Right now I have about 40 of them and promethazine for nausea. It keeps the trips to the E R at a minimum.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Drink more beer
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#22]

my gallbladder laughs at your kidney stones.i've had stones, gallbladder attacks and an impacted bowl for 2 weeks. i'll take the stones.. sorry

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#23]
the admissions person took one look at me and said "sir well have someone get you immediately".  All i can say is thank god for morphine.

That was the first time i ever puked from pain, didnt know that was a thing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I had one almost a year ago.  Hit pretty hard, intense pain on right side, nausea, etc. took about 3 days to pass.  Just a 2 mm stone though. For me the worst part is when it got caught going either in or out of my bladder and the testicular pain started.  Felt like someone kept pounding my nuts for about a day and a half. Can't recommend the experience.

However, later, when they x-rayed me, there was a 4-5 mm stone just parked in my right kidney.  It could have been there for years, and may stay there the rest of my life, but it's "passable".

Don't know if or when that bad boy is going to drop.

It's like having the Sword of Damocles over my head.

I always keep vicodin on me, just in case.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I've never had one thankfully, but...

You know how most pain discussions turn into some kind of dick measuring contest?  You know, "I had my leg broken and it hurt like fuck" and someone will come back with "well yeah, I had my fuckin' head blown off and had to have it superglued back on, hurt like a thousand motherfuckers, man!"

Kidney stones are one of the few pain topics I've never heard anyone debate about being the most painful... and that says a lot to me.  Drink your water, kids.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#27]
, MURKA...Seriously, I wish you a speedy recovery and no repeats.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#28]
9/10

Needs moar FBHO.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#29]
5mm, you light weight...

I've been there..and it took a few years to earn my ESWAAL merit badge.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Drink more beer
View Quote

This is exactly what my doctors PA told me to do. I believe her exact words were have a couple of beers every day.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Once you get one - you have a VERY high probability of more.

There are ranges of attacks.  When you have one - you assume thats as bad as it can get.  Not really.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Are you waiting for the stone to pass?

Tasered, maced, stabbed? Are you a cop? If not, a little creepy?

Good luck with the stone.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Water.  Even on long drives. Actually, especially on long drives.
Feel,better soon.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
5mm should pass

Water and more water
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn I feel sorry for some of you guys.

I had one last year, took a few days to pass. I passed it at work, took a seat for a minute then went on with my day.

#toughenup
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Am I a cop? Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'm not into the freaky stuff.

Yeah, I'm waiting for it to pass.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Welcome to the club.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Hopefully it will be a fast mover.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:49:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Mother Fucker is back... or its one of his twins. Little rat bastards!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:13:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Mother Fucker is back... or its one of his twins. Little rat bastards!
View Quote

My first one took over a week to pass...I shit you not...the very next day after passing it, I had another drop down from the opposite kidney.

I've had roughly 10 or 12 in three years and none of them really compared to the first one (knock on wood)...but I'm not letting my guard down as a CT revealed that I had a whole cluster of them hanging out in each kidney.

And the best that I've heard it described (even seen it on here):
"At first you're afraid that you are going to die...then you're afraid that you're not."

And that's the damn truth...I've broke my C4 and C5 in my neck and that was a cake walk compared to that first stone.

Hang in there and drink plenty of beer.  Also, another remedy that seemed to help me out was mixing olive oil and lemon juice...about two cups of each.  It might taste horrible (I actually like the sourness) but it's helped me pass my most recent stones in a few days compared to the first few that lasted weeks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#41]
My wife says that I passed out from the pain on the way to the hospital.  I don't remember anything about that morning except the pain.  Horrible shit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Welcome to my world, OP. Had my first stone in 1974 and 6 since. They used to come one at a time, but now they come in pairs. Good luck. Dilaudid is your friend.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#43]

10/10
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:47:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I feel you OP. Had a 4mm stone two years ago. My dad had a 8mm stone that had to be broken up a few years back.

When morphine finally hit my system.... what a glorious moment!!

View Quote

Yep... Doc said it was time to kick me loose when I started flirting with the cute nurses.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#45]
From a guy that has also been hit by a car, stabbed, tasered maced, several broken bones, and 2 acl reconstructions, Stones are Worst thing ever.   Drink lemon juice w water and lemonade to help prevent new ones.  Itl also help break down ones you have.  

Also watch your sodium.  Berrys give them to me especially raspberrys which I love.   Make sure you get the stone analyzed by your urologist after you pass it. They be able to tell you what to avoid.  Red meat can cause them in some people.  Beer is supposed to help.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Did they give you a strainer to piss in so you can see if it passed?  I've had 2 stones. One was a 9mm. Had me in the fetal position on the ER floor.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Had them twice now.  Last time I was driven to the emergency room moaning and asking for something for the pain my wife said, "That's drug seeking behavior, they won't give you anything."  I said, "I am seeking drugs , it hurts like a MFer."  She was right,despite begging loudly for something for the pain the bastards left me lying there for over an hour before they gave me anything.  Won't happen again.  I saved my meds from shoulder surgery and if I get them again I'll self dose myself to just short of death before I go to the ER.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#48]
yep they def hurt
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Find out what type of kindey stone it is. Is it calcium or oxalate stones?
I was getting the oxalate based stones about once every 10 months.
A old timer told me he had same problem and gave up peanuts and chocolate.
He has been kindey stone free for 20 years, so I did the same it has been 18 months since last one.
Plus drinks lots of water especially in the summertime even if your not thirsty.
My doc told me I could drink moutain dew because it contain high level of citric acid which helps brake down the stones.

Good luck I would not wish them on anyone.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#50]
8/10

It's funnier when you include spanish profanities in your tirades.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top