BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A question that mankind has pondered for millennia.   I'm sure it will get solved in GD.
View Quote

Have we ever failed?  
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Consciousness does not end with bodily death.

There are realms beyond this. Perhaps an infinite number.

I'm not going to detail the decades long, extremely convoluted path that has led me to this conclusion. Suffice it to say that did not always hold this view and that I do not make such a statement flippantly.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no idea, but I think you just cease to be.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm hoping for 100 sluts.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Consciousness does not end with bodily death.

There are realms beyond this. Perhaps an infinite number.

I'm not going to detail the decades long, extremely convoluted path that has led me to this conclusion. Suffice it to say that did not always hold this view and that I do not make such a statement flippantly.
View Quote

I hope so, man. I really hope so.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And you guys called me crazy for starting a cannibalism thread  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...snip...

Those in hell stand before the Great White Throne then get thrown into the lake of fire to begin an absolute eternity of never ending TORTURE, unimaginable. Atheists will wish they had oblivion, or any relief from the pain

. That's hilarious, Xerox!

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Decomposition.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Reincarnation of some sort. Maybe even in the past.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Our loved ones mourn, the deceased turns to dirt.

The world keeps turning.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those in hell stand before the Great White Throne then get thrown into the lake of fire to begin an absolute eternity of never ending TORTURE, unimaginable. Atheists will wish they had oblivion, or any relief from the pain
View Quote

Try and contain your excitement a little. You don't have to pull your pud quite so vigorously while thinking about it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]
poll fail

no option of " turn into dirt"
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#12]
You turn to worm food and the light's are out foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Thats why it's called death, you are dead, you are not going anywhere foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Family starts fighting over who gets what.

View Quote

Invariably.

That and the old lady sells all your guns and ammo for a buck-05.
A buck-05!.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#14]
we wake up in a new dream.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
When you die your consciousness goes back into your original brain.  Your buddies on the mother ship take you out of hibernation and all goes back to normal.

Your buddies then take you to the ships bar for space beers.  They're all like, "How was it?  Did you bang lots of chicks on that planet?"  You're all like, "Fuck yeah brah's!"

After a couple days of catching up with your bro's and old girlfriends you do a year of space ship duty.  After a year of that you become eligible to take another adventure.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Is Botsworth still a member here. Im interested in his perspective.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not me, would'nt mine tring some long pork

as long as it's not male
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm hoping for 100 sluts.
View Quote

Hmm eternity with like 1500 STDs, seems fun
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Try and contain your excitement a little. You don't have to pull your pud quite so vigorously while thinking about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Psalm 58:10
The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#20]
You shit your pants.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you're a southerner.... you go to NYC.

View Quote

Only if you did really really bad things while you were alive.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
But none of the options are correct. When you die, you go to either paradise (abraham's bosom), or hell (torture in the earth's center) to await final judgment. People in hell think it's bad, but it gets worse.

Afterwards, the resurrection, those in paradise go on to the Bema Seat Judgment of Christ, where Christ will reward them for their works on earth. Note that salvation itself is not based on works, these people are already saved. Some rewards mentioned are specific crowns, which they will in turn throw at Christ's feet.

View Quote

Dante was wrong
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Dante was wrong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But none of the options are correct. When you die, you go to either paradise (abraham's bosom), or hell (torture in the earth's center) to await final judgment. People in hell think it's bad, but it gets worse.

Afterwards, the resurrection, those in paradise go on to the Bema Seat Judgment of Christ, where Christ will reward them for their works on earth. Note that salvation itself is not based on works, these people are already saved. Some rewards mentioned are specific crowns, which they will in turn throw at Christ's feet.

Dante was wrong

Yes Dante was wrong. There is no "levels of hell" or any fairy tales or magical spooky forests of suicide trees. Everyone in hell is thrown into the lake which burneth with fire and sulfur, and this is the second death. The smoke of their torment will ascend forever and ever and glorify God and the people in heaven will rejoice at the fate of God's enemies.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
worm dirt

No more, no less.
View Quote

You are not going to be a happy camper if you die with that belief.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Dante was wrong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dante was wrong

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Heaven/Hell.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Yes Dante was wrong. There is no "levels of hell" or any fairy tales or magical spooky forests of suicide trees. Everyone in hell is thrown into the lake which burneth with fire and sulfur, and this is the second death. The smoke of their torment will ascend forever and ever and glorify God and the people in heaven will rejoice at the fate of God's enemies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dante was wrong

Sounds sucky.  

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#29]
no "nothing" option? Poll sucks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Dead people know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poll fail for lack of "I don't know and neither does anyone else." option.

Dead people know.

They might. But you (and I) don't know that dead people know.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
hammermill thread
View Quote

Oh hell no. That better not happen, what a nightmare of an afterlife.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dante was wrong

Yeah, I like your fairy tale better.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Family   Arfcom starts fighting over who gets what.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dante was wrong

When you get a chance, ask Christopher Hitchens if his pain is a fairy tale. He would warn you if he could just like the Rich Man in the story told by Jesus.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well fuck yeah, I'm horny.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#37]
This,almost verbatim is why I moved away from religion. Southern Baptists are mentally ill. Force fed this shit from 8 to 18,and they fanatically believe it.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dante was wrong

I imagine that people who seriously claim this and like to go on and on about it get all majorly chubbed up while doing so.

Beaten (hehehe, beaten) by subnet who notices this also.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I strongly suspect oblivion, but I hope for something better.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you joke about it if you were facing 5 years in prison for an unregistered SBR or MG or an SKS with 11 parts made in China? Why would you joke about facing 10 trillion years and more in hell? It's really not funny at all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Maggots and Worms get your Body or Ashes after the Mortician  Rapes  You

Sole is reclaimed Aliens
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Would you joke about it if you were facing 5 years in prison for an unregistered SBR or MG or an SKS with 11 parts made in China? Why would you joke about facing 10 trillion years and more in hell? It's really not funny at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn Sub, I know you could do the first trill standing on your head, but 10 trillion?

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because we have evidence that violating federal firearm laws will land you in prison. There is no evidence that Hell exists, or that anyone would go to such a place for any reason.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Because we have evidence that violating federal firearm laws will land you in prison. There is no evidence that Hell exists, or that anyone would go to such a place for any reason.
View Quote

The word of God should be evidence enough, but eyewitness testimony is not enough evidence? http://www.amightywind.com/hell/testimonies.htm

Abraham was absolutely 100% correct when he told the man in hell that the living wouldn't believe...

Luke 16:
27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ 30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ 31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ “
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

When you get a chance, ask Christopher Hitchens if his pain is a fairy tale. He would warn you if he could just like the Rich Man in the story told by Jesus.
View Quote

I stronkly suspect a troll job by you here, but if Christopher Hitchens would have anything to say to us is that you are presuming too much when you take for granted there is some kind of coherent stable pattern of consciousness or eternal soul, being dragged around by a meat body like some surly kid pulling around his birthday balloon. Then he would have another fucking drink.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:02:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can do the 10 trillion, but if your holy book says I'm in for 11...I might need to reconsider.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#48]
What happens when we die?
View Quote

People stop making up illusions that allow them to deny death (and reality).
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dante was wrong

There are definitely some smug fucks here that would. Lol religion.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The word of God should be evidence enough, but eyewitness testimony is not enough evidence? http://www.amightywind.com/hell/testimonies.htm

Abraham was absolutely 100% correct when he told the man in hell that the living wouldn't believe...

Luke 16:
27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ 30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ 31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ “
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Luke 16:

No, your religious texts do not count as evidence to me. Want me to quote some of the Quran to you and ask why you are such a kafir?

And near death experiences are simply dream-like episodes that are the result of trauma or abnormal brain activity. There is nothing supernatural about it.

ETA: Not to call Abraham a liar, but I'd love to see someone rise from the dead. If there was irrefutable proof of the supernatural it would be life changing for me.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top