BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 44
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:55:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Witnesses, who the police refuse to name, back up police accounts that....

get back to me when we see the witness statements

View Quote

Refuse to name?  
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I doubt his brains would have been blown out without the assault towel.

as I said, this happened because of a towel, and some scarey foot work.

It takes some fancy reasoning to turn that into a justified kill.

Walking agressively isnt a crime,
carrying a towel isnt a crime,
Failing to Drop the gun that you dont have isnt a crime

but you put those things together with some lax use of force law and some good PR and you got a dead guy with his brains blown out over a towel.

Shit happens...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he was walking agressively with a towel... And he was killed....  got his brains blown out, over a towel.. And I should feel bad about saying that PR will insure nothing happens?

to me atleast, this is just as fucked up as it was before the PR release.

a guy got his brains blown out over a towel.

You got it man, he was shot for carrying a towel.

What is fucked up is your total lack of any reasoning.

I doubt his brains would have been blown out without the assault towel.

as I said, this happened because of a towel, and some scarey foot work.

It takes some fancy reasoning to turn that into a justified kill.

Walking agressively isnt a crime,
carrying a towel isnt a crime,
Failing to Drop the gun that you dont have isnt a crime

but you put those things together with some lax use of force law and some good PR and you got a dead guy with his brains blown out over a towel.

Shit happens...

Have you ever had a nice long civil conversation with someone who committed a crime with the specific intent of causing you to show up, so that you would be forced to kill that person?  Who desperately desired that you be forced into a gunfight over the matter?

It's a hell of a thing.

Until you've been there, I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, this is sort of an isolated incident?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The story was a fast and dynamically evolving situation. I was fprced to act on the information I had at the time.

You were in the arena, dude.  You only had mere minutes, perhaps thirty, to consider the inaccurate conclusions to jump to.

It was in good faith
So, this is sort of an isolated incident?  

I guess you could say that.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Experiment time.

Take your hand, point your finger like you are going to go "bang" with your finger and cover it with a small cloth.

Now put your unloaded small hand gun (S&W Shield for example) in your hand and cover it and your hand with a small cloth.

From the side I don't think anyone more than 10' away could tell one from the other.

From the front, same thing.

Now pose like you are in an isosceles hold and point your covered hand at someone. Could someone more than a few feet away really tell the difference?

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Someone turn the tumbleweed into towels

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Experiment time.

Take your hand, point your finger like you are going to go "bang" with your finger and cover it with a small cloth.

Now put your unloaded small hand gun (S&W Shield for example) in your hand and cover it and your hand with a small cloth.

From the side I don't think anyone more than 10' away could tell one from the other.

Now pose like you are in an isosceles hold and point your covered hand at someone. Could someone more than a few feet away really tell the difference?

View Quote

I've got a better idea:

Take your fingers, stick them in your ears. Then close your eyes. Now walk around in circles going, "WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH" at the top of your lungs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've got a better idea:

Take your fingers, stick them in your ears. Then close your eyes. Now walk around in circles going, "WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH" at the top of your lungs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Experiment time.

I've got a better idea:

I don't get your point. Please explain.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Refuse to name?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Refuse to name?  

Why would the names of witnesses be released this early in the investigation? Or at all?

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Experiment time.

I've got a better idea:

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:47:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In related news... Walter William DeLeon is still in Critical Condition at an unnamed hospital.
View Quote

they REFUSE to name the hospital?
get back to me when they have a medical report.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Family Calling For Justice 1 Week After Unarmed Man Is Shot By Police In Los Feliz

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The family of an East Los Angeles man shot in the head by Los Angeles police is speaking out and calling for justice.

“I cannot put into words,” said Walter William DeLeon’s sister, Yovanna DeLeon. She could barely talk about her brother as she sat next to her sobbing mother in their apartment on Friday night.

DeLeon, a father of two, remains in critical condition after last Friday’s shooting in Los Feliz by LAPD officer Cairo Palacios, a nine-year law enforcement veteran with the LAPD since 2013.

DeLeon’s family says he was out on a walk.
View Quote

Family members, perplexed over the police account that DeLeon had somehow provoked his own death, say that on the day he was shot, DeLeon had gone out for a walk in Griffith Park, where he liked to exercise, often carrying a towel to wipe away perspiration.
View Quote

No charges have been filed in the case, but investigations are underway.
View Quote

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/06/26/family-calling-for-justice-after-unarmed-man-is-shot-by-police-in-los-feliz/
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#16]
LAPD identifies officer who shot unarmed man in Los Feliz

The LAPD identified Cairo Palacios as the officer who shot Walter William DeLeon, 48, along Los Feliz Boulevard.
View Quote

An attorney representing Palacios said his client thought DeLeon had a gun and was going to shoot the officers, saying there were no indications DeLeon was trying to get their help. Attorney Gary Fullerton acknowledged it can be difficult for the public to grapple with police shootings of unarmed people, but said officers have the right to protect their own lives.
View Quote

"The officer, when he went up to handcuff the man, was shocked to find just the cloth there and nothing under the cloth," Fullerton said. "It's unfortunate, but you can't expect officers to be clairvoyant and wait until they get shot at to actually know what this person is doing or thinking."
View Quote

So shoot them first.

But, he added, the officers "were obviously traumatized by what happened because nobody likes shooting what ends up being an unarmed man."
View Quote

So, should we hold a fundraiser or do a 5k for traumatized officers?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-officer-los-feliz-20150626-story.html

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So shoot them first.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-officer-los-feliz-20150626-story.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The LAPD identified Cairo Palacios as the officer who shot Walter William DeLeon, 48, along Los Feliz Boulevard.

An attorney representing Palacios said his client thought DeLeon had a gun and was going to shoot the officers, saying there were no indications DeLeon was trying to get their help. Attorney Gary Fullerton acknowledged it can be difficult for the public to grapple with police shootings of unarmed people, but said officers have the right to protect their own lives.

"The officer, when he went up to handcuff the man, was shocked to find just the cloth there and nothing under the cloth," Fullerton said. "It's unfortunate, but you can't expect officers to be clairvoyant and wait until they get shot at to actually know what this person is doing or thinking."

So shoot them first.

But, he added, the officers "were obviously traumatized by what happened because nobody likes shooting what ends up being an unarmed man."

Wow. That's really pretty incredible. What a load of crap.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So shoot them first.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So shoot them first.

Its the least you could do
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Its the least you could do
View Quote

How about I buy you a beer instead?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Family Calling For Justice 1 Week After Unarmed Man Is Shot By Police In Los Feliz

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/06/26/family-calling-for-justice-after-unarmed-man-is-shot-by-police-in-los-feliz/
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The family of an East Los Angeles man shot in the head by Los Angeles police is speaking out and calling for justice.

“I cannot put into words,” said Walter William DeLeon’s sister, Yovanna DeLeon. She could barely talk about her brother as she sat next to her sobbing mother in their apartment on Friday night.

DeLeon, a father of two, remains in critical condition after last Friday’s shooting in Los Feliz by LAPD officer Cairo Palacios, a nine-year law enforcement veteran with the LAPD since 2013.

DeLeon’s family says he was out on a walk.

Family members, perplexed over the police account that DeLeon had somehow provoked his own death, say that on the day he was shot, DeLeon had gone out for a walk in Griffith Park, where he liked to exercise, often carrying a towel to wipe away perspiration.

No charges have been filed in the case, but investigations are underway.

So the family says he didndo nuffin. Surprise.

Notice the narrative. Shot Because of a towel.

Sounds an awful lot like shot because of skittles and tea. We've seen it before. Don't buy it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Every one of those posters ought to be ashamed of themselves and come back and apologize.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In other words, a knee-jerk reaction. There wasn't enough information for any self-respecting person to make a judgement call.

Thought I'd go back and do a recap but got tired after page 10. These comments were some of the more colorful ones.

Antero- He's right. You simply never know with a police interaction if you, your spouse, your kid or your dog is going to end up dead.

Every one of those posters ought to be ashamed of themselves and come back and apologize.

I apologize for nothing. My comment wasn't about this specific incident, please refer back to the comment I was replying to, about inviting the man into one's life. There have been ample cases of innocent people and pets being shot by jumpy or trigger happy cops. It's rare, but it does happen. I'm not losing sleep over it, but I'm not going looking for police interaction either.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Before you yell, "DropTheGun!"  You better know what the fuck you're talking about.

On the cop's side-  My partner just introduced a gun into the equation. I have 1.5 seconds (make up a number, you hardasses.) To shoot or not shoot.

On the citizens side (yeah, I said citizen) He has 1.3 seconds to realize that he is talkin' about his T-shirt, not the gun he doesn't have.  POW!  POW!  POW!

Fault?  I can't assign any.    Wait, yes I can.  "Drop the gun!" when there was no gun puts the dept. and that officer specifically, in the wrong.   Pay the vegetable and his family and stay the fuck away from me on any subsequent calls.  A good man can make a bad call.  Doesn't make it any less of a bad call.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Why would the names of witnesses be released this early in the investigation? Or at all?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Refuse to name?  

Exactly.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Before you yell, "DropTheGun!"  You better know what the fuck you're talking about.

On the cop's side-  My partner just introduced a gun into the equation. I have 1.5 seconds (make up a number, you hardasses.) To shoot or not shoot.

On the citizens side (yeah, I said citizen) He has 1.3 seconds to realize that he is talkin' about his T-shirt, not the gun he doesn't have.  POW!  POW!  POW!

Fault?  I can't assign any.    Wait, yes I can.  "Drop the gun!" when there was no gun puts the dept. and that officer specifically, in the wrong.   Pay the vegetable and his family and stay the fuck away from me on any subsequent calls.  A good man can make a bad call.  Doesn't make it any less of a bad call.

View Quote

So don't tell them to drop the gun if you think they have one?

Fine by me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fine by me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fine by me.

"Hands up!"  "STOP!"

You don't see the difference?  Really?

I'd still drink multiple beverages with you but I value your opinion.    For me. if my partner yelled "Gun" & I drilled an unarmed man I'd be beyond pissed.  By the same token, if he didn't say anything & the dude shot me...  We all see the shit-sandwich.  Well, those without blinders on.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Balista bails on his own thread when things don't  go his way, comes back a week later after finding an article with statements from the families lawyer.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

"Hands up!"  "STOP!"

I'd still drink multiple beverages with you but I value your opinion.    For me. if my partner yelled "Gun" & I drilled an unarmed man I'd be beyond pissed.  By the same token, if he didn't say anything & the dude shot me...  We all see the shit-sandwich.  Well, those without blinders on.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fine by me.

"Hands up!"  "STOP!"

For sure bro, we're good. I can post up several videos though, of guys getting killed holding something that isn't a gun, and you'd probably say "good shoot".

The only difference here is that we don't have video.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

For sure bro, we're good. I can post up several videos though, of guys getting killed holding something that isn't a gun, and you'd probably say "good shoot".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fine by me.

"Hands up!"  "STOP!"

Agreed.  My point is that "Hands Up!" alleviates a shitload of confusion. I'll shoot the shit out of something from an Isoscoles stance or hip-retention but hands-up?  I don't practice that. Words mean things and when those words mean life & death we better be on the same page.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Thin blue line wins again.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Agreed.  My point is that "Hands Up!" alleviates a shitload of confusion. I'll shoot the shit out of something from an Isoscoles stance or hip-retention but hands-up?  I don't practice that. Words mean things and when those words mean life & death we better be on the same page.
View Quote

Oh! I get you now. My fault.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Damn I missed a good thread......sounds like suicide by cop.  

Did Dustrod ever respond to getting called out by Blacktide?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Balista bails on his own thread when things don't  go his way, comes back a week later after finding an article with statements from the families lawyer.  
View Quote

AND THE COPS LAWYER, guess you missed that part.

On vacation, bro.

Police are now apologizing for their 'mistake' in shooting the man.

Their is no defense for the shooting, even the cop's lawyer admits it was a screw up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Cops a little jumpy lately? Protect and Serve or I kill you for imaginary guns.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Friends, family show support for unarmed man shot by police in Los Feliz

Dozens of people gathered in Los Feliz on Saturday evening for a walk to show support for an unarmed man who was shot and critically wounded by Los Angeles police a week ago.

About 60 of Walter DeLeon's relatives, friends and co-workers slowly walked along Los Feliz Boulevard to the grassy patch where he was shot, carrying gray towels to represent what he was holding when an officer opened fire.
View Quote

A photograph of Walter DeLeon is displayed at a gathering of friends and family in Los Feliz. DeLeon, 48, remains in critical condition

An attorney representing DeLeon's mother and sister said they had found dozens of witnesses who also contradicted the LAPD's account, but declined to detail what they said.
View Quote

http://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-deleon-walk-20150628-story.html
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#35]
They're doing it again - putting out the lie and inventing a false symbol.

Towel = skittles and tea.  Don't fall for the bullshit again.  They do this same shit every time in a well planned and timed manner to falsely form first impressions and thoughts in peoples minds.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Towel = skittles and tea.  Don't fall for the bullshit again.  They do this same shit every time in a well planned and timed manner to falsely form first impressions and thoughts in peoples minds.
View Quote

Just to be clear, which "they" shouldn't we believe?  The LAPD that was the source in the original article, the shot guy's family that hasn't really said much, or the the officers' attorneys?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Just to be clear, which "they" shouldn't we believe?  The LAPD that was the source in the original article, the shot guy's family that hasn't really said much, or the the officers' attorneys?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "victims" family and their attorney.  It's the same scripted playbook over and over again that's why you know it's false.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Now everyone demanding apologies has to apologize!!!
View Quote

Shhhhhhhh......the gloating will turn into butthurt.

Murdoc's little post hunt was for naught.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The "victims" family and their attorney.  It's the same scripted playbook over and over again that's why you know it's false.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the "Towel" isn't actually true?

"This person extended an arm wrapped in a towel. The officer exited the vehicle and said, 'Drop the gun, drop the gun'"
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"This person extended an arm wrapped in a towel. The officer exited the vehicle and said, 'Drop the gun, drop the gun'"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All part of the playbook
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Now everyone demanding apologies has to apologize!!!
View Quote

What are we-Canadians A?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In other words, a knee-jerk reaction. There wasn't enough information for any self-respecting person to make a judgement call.

Thought I'd go back and do a recap but got tired after page 10. These comments were some of the more colorful ones.

steveba4- Well, now the prosecution needs to do what they have to do...make sure those assholes spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Kennyo1- In a situation like this the cops need to be jailed as criminals.

Antero- He's right. You simply never know with a police interaction if you, your spouse, your kid or your dog is going to end up dead.

FlyingIllini- The fucks need to prosecuted. We all know they won't be, however.

ffcol- Too bad they did not follow the department protocol of not shooting an unarmed guy in the head.

FiremanFrank- Holy shit. What a mess. LAPD sure has some high standards in their officers.

Tohbii- dude was fucking murdered

POLYTHENEPAM- American law enforcement: Building community support, one isolated incident at a time.

Z_0- The cops were probably bullied on high school. The towel brought back old, disturbing memories of being snapped in the butt by towels in gym class. Who can blame them?

verticalgain- Protecting innocents is lame, killing "bad guys" is awesome.

mean_sartin- They fight a different war. Only men in the arena can ever understand it.

Headless_T_Gunner- Edited...VA-gunnut

sdboy- You could start by condemning them. I see plenty of leos here throwing out the wait for facts bullshit and then rolling into outright defending the bad ones but if the facts don't show in the officers favor then crickets. <--- This one I thought was funny.

NWhiker- I wonder what would happen if I went around town with my ccw shooting people who I "thought" had a gun

gotigers- One more thing.....this cop should do time. This was attempted murder.

gotigers- If you think what these cops did is right, then you are what is wrong with cops.

gotigers- The dead innocent civilian might try to stay alive. Yep. Cuff him he isnt a cop. He might hurt us.

Dustrod- Man waves down cop for help Cop kills man Arfcops rejoice

Dustrod- Used to have standards. Now i guess just throw on a polo, some oakleys and find the closest moving towel

Then why shouldn't you? You don't know what happened exactly either.

ETA - I thought witness statements were worthless bs? Who took the witness statements, and wouldn't the PD have a vested interest in taking statements that back their officers?  I guess they are OK when they work in your favor  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#45]
If I was in law enforcement, I'd seriously think about a career change. This shit isn't going to last, sooner or later the average Joe is going to want to stomp the JBT, and when that day happens it will be like the French Revolution.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

If I was in law enforcement, I'd seriously think about a career change. This shit isn't going to last, sooner or later the average Joe is going to want to stomp the JBT, and when that day happens it will be like the French Revolution.
View Quote

Wishful thinking.  

The Average Joe has too much to lose.  

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Wishful thinking.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wishful thinking.  

Like having FedDC bulldoze your house and family.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

All part of the playbook
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All part of the playbook

Actually it is. Make you focus on an inanimate object instead of what the perp was actually doing. Advancing aggressively on police who have drawn Their weapons, with your clasped outstretched hands that are covered will get you shot.

But no.  The playbook is to repeat the lie that he was shot because he had a towel.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Actually it is. Make you focus on an inanimate object instead of what the perp was actually doing. Advancing aggressively on police who have drawn Their weapons, with your clasped outstretched hands that are covered will get you shot.

But no.  The playbook is to repeat the lie that he was shot because he had a towel.
View Quote

You better go correct the LAPD PAO and tell him to stop advancing the anti-police narrative.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You better go correct the LAPD PAO and tell him to stop advancing the anti-police narrative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also know not to believe any of the initial information no matter where it comes from. Because now that statement is their skittles and tea.

Whenever somebody says no justice no peace I know they are full of shit. It's a good way to sniff it out.  Or we just want justice. Anytime you hear that bullshit alarms should be going off.
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top