User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is it because your energy weapons skill isn't high enough (is that still a skill in FO4?).  I know in FO3 when you have a skill near 100 the energy weapons because very useful.
View Quote
Skill trees almost maxed out.  a semiauto laser just has lower base damage than even most automatics.  doesnt matter how much you trick it out, a comparable slug thrower will do more damage.

plasma does better in the damage department but has its own downsides.

lasers in FO3 were pretty good. not so much in 4 imo.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Skill trees almost maxed out.  a semiauto laser just has lower base damage than even most automatics.  doesnt matter how much you trick it out, a comparable slug thrower will do more damage.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it because your energy weapons skill isn't high enough (is that still a skill in FO4?).  I know in FO3 when you have a skill near 100 the energy weapons because very useful.

I think that energy weapon damage is partially based on your Intelligence stat. The only energy weapons that I even bother with are the "Neverending" legendaries. Due to an outstanding glitch, the Neverending gatling laser has infinite ammo, so it doesn't really matter how much damage it does, because you'll just mow it down, eventually.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I never really got into energy weapons in FO4.  spray and pray or kiloton are really the only things i ever used.  Lasers just never seemed to do enough damage to me
View Quote
I've had good results with the fiery laser sniper rifle (that may not be the exact name, but it's pretty close IIRC).
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
my first, no game mods, play through I used Danse's laser rifle a bit mainly for sniping. Had it modded to do fire damage and accuracy/range mods. Also used it in short range against weaker enemies to build up my crit meter faster
I had so much ammo I'd often use it to save on other ammo like .308 and .50. My ballistic sniper rifles were better overall though. One did extra damage to humans and one did extra to super mutants.

This play through most of my sniping is being done with a Mosin, although it's probably a tad over powered
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23258/?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never really got into energy weapons in FO4.  spray and pray or kiloton are really the only things i ever used.  Lasers just never seemed to do enough damage to me
In all honesty, laser weapons do kind of suck if you aren't using the right weapon. Plasma is the shit, but it's too bad they gave plasma weapons separate (also more rare and expensive) ammunition than the laser weapons in fallout 4

that said, the kiloton radium rifle is digustingly powerful, and it uses .45, which you can find pretty much everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think that energy weapon damage is partially based on your Intelligence stat. The only energy weapons that I even bother with are the "Neverending" legendaries. Due to an outstanding glitch, the Neverending gatling laser has infinite ammo, so it doesn't really matter how much damage it does, because you'll just mow it down, eventually.
View Quote
Nah man, two shot legendaries are where it's at. My current primary is a two shot laser rifle, and it gets the job done well. I'll never forget the day I found the most sought after weapon in the entire game... the two shot gauss rifle something like 950 damage per shot... it's a god killer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nah man, two shot legendaries are where it's at. My current primary is a two shot laser rifle, and it gets the job done well. I'll never forget the day I found the most sought after weapon in the entire game... the two shot gauss rifle something like 950 damage per shot... it's a god killer.
View Quote
Have the two shot gauss, don't care for it.  It's only accurate at close range and the gauss rifle is not a close ranger weapon.  

I've found the most devastating weapon in the game is the explosive minigun.  I always carry that and 2K of 5mm on me.  It's like having an A-10 come in for CAS.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have the two shot gauss, don't care for it.  It's only accurate at close range and the gauss rifle is not a close ranger weapon.  

I've found the most devastating weapon in the game is the explosive minigun.  I always carry that and 2K of 5mm on me.  It's like having an A-10 come in for CAS.
View Quote
Except the minigun really does kinda suck too.  between its weight slowing you down and the spool up, the only benefit is its rate of fire. 
and even then its a waste because of video game logic making automatics do less damage than semiautos despite using the same ammo.  base damage is in the single digits. sure the explosive variant is a step up, you just cant let anything sneak/run up on you
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two shot is garbage. Stackable DOT weapons like plasma infused and wounding are where its at. Explosive is great until you use it up close.

The Instigating Gauss rifle practically one shots everything.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Except the minigun really does kinda suck too.  between its weight slowing you down and the spool up, the only benefit is its rate of fire. 
and even then its a waste because of video game logic making automatics do less damage than semiautos despite using the same ammo.  base damage is in the single digits. sure the explosive variant is a step up, you just cant let anything sneak/run up on you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With demolition perks, the base damage for the explosive minigun is about 4 to 5x the base damage of a regular minigun. It will tear through everything with a quickness, but I like wounding or plasma infused better because you can actually use them up close.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#11]
It's been a while since I've played, I'm in the process of updating NMM and all my mods; they're all out of date. What are the newest go to mods now?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Fallout 4: Getting High With Hancock (TV Takeover)
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody made a mod that allows vault elevator doors to be used in regular vault doorways?

I've been watching Gopher's vault build, and that whole thing where you can't put doors above doors has started bugging me. But the elevator doors go into the walls on either side and would seem to solve the problem.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked it up on the steam sale.  Started modding immediately.  Loving the Pilgrim ENB.  Very Horror/Post Apocalyptic look and ambiance.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I kept getting killed at Gunner's Plaza by a Legendary Gunner, I finally got him.

Turns out he had an Instigating Nuke Launcher!

I rarely use it because of the weight, but if you sneak and use a critical to guarantee a hit, nothing survives!
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

Kids stalking the wasteland together.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#17]
How is everybody liking the DLC like Far Harbor and Nuka World?
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How is everybody liking the DLC like Far Harbor and Nuka World?
View Quote
I thought they were pretty good.  Nuka World is a hilariously fucked up version of Disney World.  Plus if you complete certain quests you get an awesome fat man upgrade.   That I promptly modded into a two shot Nuka Nuke to vaporize everything. 
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure if I read all 310 pages I'd know, but has anyone used the Modern Firearms mod? Maybe modern weapons, don't remember. Either way, it is incredibly satisfying to sink 15-20 rounds into a behemoth with an Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf or a 3-4 mags from a decked out MP5. Theres also a man portable 20mm flak cannon for those who don't like a challenge. It replaces most stock weapons with, you name it. It also can kick your ass because the various hostile NPC's carry the same weapons.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm sure if I read all 310 pages I'd know, but has anyone used the Modern Firearms mod? Maybe modern weapons, don't remember. Either way, it is incredibly satisfying to sink 15-20 rounds into a behemoth with an Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf or a 3-4 mags from a decked out MP5. Theres also a man portable 20mm flak cannon for those who don't like a challenge. It replaces most stock weapons with, you name it. It also can kick your ass because the various hostile NPC's carry the same weapons.
View Quote
Liked it, but it destroyed performance on my xbox. 
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:01:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Apparently, there's a thing with dropped weapons where they're persistent. Like the FO4 version of nirnroot. Some guy came up with a mod that highlights or picks them up. I'd advise giving it a shot.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16199/?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#23]

skip to about 1:45, when preston shows up
Fallout 4 - Sarcastic Jerk (Female SS) Part 2
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Weirdest thing happened.  I'm down by Milton General Hospital heading south when I run into some pretty high level high level Rust Devils with a handful of Assaultron type bots battling it out with some regular looking wastelanders.  When I got closer I noticed they were all carrying nice weapons, not the usual pipe pistols, and some were well armored.  Turned out they were my settlers from Hangman's Alley.  Somehow all of them ended up down there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Good thing you didn't shoot at them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Nexus Mod Manager shit itself last night and cant find all the mods that it downloaded. Even though they are right there in the same directory NMM downloaded them to. Now its making me uninstall them all one by one then hope to see whats happening once I can actually open nmm again.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 2:54:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 4:20:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Anywhere to pick this up cheap for PC now?

Amazons got the core game down to $28 bucks, but DLC/season pass is still full price
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anywhere to pick this up cheap for PC now?

Amazons got the core game down to $28 bucks, but DLC/season pass is still full price
View Quote
It was on sale for pretty cheap over Memorial day weekend.  I would wait until the Steam summer sale in a couple weeks.

ETA: you could also get it on Kinguin.net for under $20.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Most bad ass figure ever. Now I just need to get a Fallout 4 minigun 3D printed.

The thing sticking up above the back of the monitor is actually the awesome box it came in. I put it back in the plastic wrap.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought this was freaking hilarious.

Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Looking at the size of that assault rifle on the power armor figure, it finally hit me... In the fallout universe, Tapco (who partnered with Hipoint in the late '40's) is a major armaments manufacturer for the US Army.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Most bad ass figure ever. Now I just need to get a Fallout 4 minigun 3D printed.

http://i.imgur.com/nKv5gxb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kCXw4Wb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vDxsqRk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HP0rF5Y.jpg

The thing sticking up above the back of the monitor is actually the awesome box it came in. I put it back in the plastic wrap.
View Quote
I bought one of these when they first came out. It's by far my favorite action figure.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't know why I didn't do this before, but I finally got supply lines set up between all of my settlements.
I'm also in the process of building a recruitment beacon at each settlement as well.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#37]
If you are going to spend more time with settlements I have a few tips I picked up.  You can give each person in your settlement a Stimpak which they will use if they get attacked and they are wounded which will allow them to continue to fight instead of taking a knee.  However, once they use the Stimpak it is gone so I have been trying to equip my settlers with 5 Stimpaks each and every so often check to see how many they have.  

Now when my settlements get attacked I sit back and watch the fight.  Oh, I also gave them better weapons so they do a better job fighting off attackers.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I've been hoarding 10mm pistols, combat shot guns, sub machine guns and such for a while now. Good idea with the stimpacks, I'll look into doing that. Do you equip your settlers with armor or just leave them be? I have more raider and combat armor than I know what to do with.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've been hoarding 10mm pistols, combat shot guns, sub machine guns and such for a while now. Good idea with the stimpacks, I'll look into doing that. Do you equip your settlers with armor or just leave them be? I have more raider and combat armor than I know what to do with.
View Quote
I upgrade their armor when I assign tasks in the settlement.  Makes it easier to identify new settlers that haven't been assigned.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you are going to spend more time with settlements I have a few tips I picked up.  You can give each person in your settlement a Stimpak which they will use if they get attacked and they are wounded which will allow them to continue to fight instead of taking a knee.  However, once they use the Stimpak it is gone so I have been trying to equip my settlers with 5 Stimpaks each and every so often check to see how many they have.  

Now when my settlements get attacked I sit back and watch the fight.  Oh, I also gave them better weapons so they do a better job fighting off attackers.
View Quote
I like to build a container and then put various weapons with corresponding ammo in it.  When the settlement gets attacked the settlers will go up to the container and take out a weapon on their own.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Pretty much every time the stores in Vault 88 reset, the chests with vault suits and pipboys respawn. Potentially limitless supply. What's more, any of your settlers, whether in the vault or not, will automatically equip the pipboys.

I'm in the process of giving every settler in every settlement a pipboy, so if I encounter them in the wild, I know they're mine. Or if the game forgets them and resets them to default.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#42]
I would've made another thread, but this belongs here.
Page / 310
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top