Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/29/2015 11:44:30 AM EDT
Not that I've paid a ton of attention to the pricing on that model, but I've usually seen them for $750+ so when I got their email, it stuck out to me.

Gunsite Scout CHEAP

Stainless Synthetic version

I've been toying around with the idea of getting one--perfect for the deer blind (down here, anyways) and handy enough with my specwar 762.

ETA the Mini-14 deal was in same email.
Mini-14 for guys behind enemy lines
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#1]
If I had an NRA ballcap, huge aviators with yellow lenses, a photography vest, a Buick century, and some newbalance sneakers (the all white kind) I would be all over that deal.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
dam, that's cheap. great heads up op.

i just started two "dangerous game" mauser builds so i am BROKE FOR AWHILE
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
When did they start shipping with a crappy brake vs the flash hider? I'm probably the only one that likes the look of the Ruger flash hider though. Probably doesnt matter anyway though, most of the pics I've seen its changed out anyway...mine has a Surefire brake on it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Cheap due to composite stock. I have the   laminate SS 18" DMR..version and PD $899

My fave rifle next to my FAL
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I had an NRA ballcap, huge aviators with yellow lenses, a photography vest, a Buick century, and some newbalance sneakers (the all white kind) I would be all over that deal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
my buddy just told me yesterday his friend is looking for one of these rifles.... in .223...... because, his wife thinks ar-15 rifles are ugly..... so he cant buy one. but she likes the looks of this ruger and thinks its pretty, so he can have the money to buy the ruger..... but not a ar...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
my buddy just told me yesterday his friend is looking for one of these rifles.... in .223...... because, his wife thinks ar-15 rifles are ugly..... so he cant buy one. but she likes the looks of this ruger and thinks its pretty, so he can have the money to buy the ruger..... but not a ar...
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

mini 14
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask him if she'll let him buy some balls.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]

No stripper clip guide kills it for me.

I have a .308 Ishapore that I am going to mount a scout scope on.  It is already been sporterized by someone and the 12 round magazine and smooth/fast action is pretty nice on the Enfields.  The accuracy will only be so so, but that doesn't phase me as I am not that great of a shot anyway.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If she won't let him have any balls at least point him towards an MVP in 5.56.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Are the barrels threaded? I've liked those rifles for a long time... but the price was in the "Daaaaaaaamn!" range.

Probably won't buy one anytime soon, tho. Selling my first house and buying my second has cost me a bit. Gotta recover from that stuff first!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Scout scopes... give me a good low power variable standard scope instead.

You can mount in the standard position with these though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Don't forget the luxurious Corinthian leather

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish they would take Ar10 mags, i'd be all over it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i mentioned that rifle to him as well. and it used ar mags.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be my choice if I was going to get a bolt action .223/5.56.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  In addition to being a funky magazine, you pay $55 to $75 each.  Your cheap gun gets a lot less cheap when you need to buy expensive magazines.

There are Mossberg MVP's in 308 that take AR10 mags which are in the $20 range.  Street price on those guns is probably under $700 too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, you kinda sorta like it maybe?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I love it on paper but then I handled one.  Thought the bolt action was sloppy and it rattled around when working the bolt open/closed.  Anyone else get this impression?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#22]
That is very tempting.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This.  In addition to being a funky magazine, you pay $55 to $75 each.  Your cheap gun gets a lot less cheap when you need to buy expensive magazines.

There are Mossberg MVP's in 308 that take AR10 mags which are in the $20 range.  Street price on those guns is probably under $700 too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Buying AI mags is a small price to pay to avoid being stuck with a Mossberg.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

That damn first post...every time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I went with the Mossberg MVP in both .223 and .308 when the SAFE Act kicked in. May as well use the mags and ammo I've got.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are clunky turds compared to the Ruger tho.

I know, I waited 6 months for one to get in to handle it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Plus, you don't have to buy the AI magazines, the Ruger mags work fine and are about $30.

Magpul has their new AICS magazine coming out soon, they should work fine in a GSR. (I hope...)

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

As possibly the most happily married man on arfcom I say EJECT!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

THAT'S RACIST....

LOL, you nailed it.  I think these guns are cool in their own right, but you made me laugh cold coffee out my nose.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

They've got Mini-14s for $669

Mini-14 for whipped guys/behind enemy lines
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like Burt Gummer

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Plus, you don't have to buy the AI magazines, the Ruger mags work fine and are about $30.

Magpul has their new AICS magazine coming out soon, they should work fine in a GSR. (I hope...)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AR10 mags and chambering some in 260 or 6.5 Creedmoor , along with 7-08 and 243 , and they might have problems keeping up with demand .

I love the idea , but frown on Ruger's rifles (biased by the three bolt gun flops Ive owned over the years )

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#34]
$650 is a good deal?  Looks like my PA-10 was a better deal.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Is there a time limit on this deal?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#36]
In order for it to be a deal, you have to want either one of those guns.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In order for it to be a deal, you have to want either one of those guns.

View Quote

I have always liked the Ruger GSR's. Why the hate?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jesus.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your buddy should not have any guns, seriously - who the fuck takes gun buying advice from their wife? That would be like me telling my wife what kind of tampons to buy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Mini-30 Tactical at $700 is a pretty decent deal. I think I may have to grab one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey wait a minute

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

She thinks balls are ugly too.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe you could rent him some space in one of your gun safe's so he can keep his balls there. It would be easier for him to get them back from time to time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Michael Bane, is that you?

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Your buddy should not have any guns, seriously - who the fuck takes gun buying advice from their wife? That would be like me telling my wife what kind of tampons to buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats what i told him... tell his buddy to start telling his wife what shoes / clothes she can buy, based on what he finds pretty.    

id seriously divorce a woman who tried to tell me what man stuff, / tools, / gear, i was allowed to buy, based on how she thinks it looks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good one!

TC
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#50]
That's pretty damn cheap.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top