BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I assume you are asking if I earned my high risk status? Then yes. But that doesn't change the fact that the high risk places had nothing to do with that, they simply take high risk chances for high risk rewards.

But if you have been following this thread, I am in a FAR different place now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm assuming during that period of your life you skipped out of all your ethics classes then.

I assume you are asking if I earned my high risk status? Then yes. But that doesn't change the fact that the high risk places had nothing to do with that, they simply take high risk chances for high risk rewards.

No, I was inferring that your definition of ethics, that it is not unethical to take advantage of idiots, is a peculiar one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy here, I don't think.

Arfcom is big on personal responsibility, and those title loan/cash places are built for people with very little concept of personal responsibility.

99% of them would be better off if they sold the IPhone, cancelled the credit cards, tossed the smokes and lotto tickets, and lived life responsibly.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm guessing he's never seen the mafia's version of late fees?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These "complaints" are a joke.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/westernsky-com.html

Holy shit, what a bunch of whiners

Borrowed $2900 from WesternSky. Was told the payments would be a maximum of 4 years ($11k w/interest). My account has gone from WesternSky to CashCall to Delbert and now back to CashCall. In almost 4 years the principal owed is $2300. I am sick of being harassed and charged $29 late fees plus whatever my bank charges for overdrafts. I wish they would work like other places where the debt actually does goes down. Not stay in one place for a year. The whole bunch don't care about the consumer only their money. They are worse than the mafia.

I'm guessing he's never seen the mafia's version of late fees?

I lost it here,

I had applied for a loan, western sky issues me $800. I started paying them back to be notified that, not but 4 days later the account was sold to cash call. After making a few more payments I closed my account because I couldn't afford it anymore. Now I have been threatened by a lawsuit if I don't pay them. I have made arrangements with them but I am not happy that they would try to sue me after I told them that i am currently in a bad financial state.

Those rat bastards still think I should pay, I told them I was in s bad financial state and they didn't say, "Oh well, don't worry about it.".
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For all the people here getting in a twist about high interest places, I have yet to see anyone step up and offer these poor financial dimwits personal, unsecured loans at 2.5%.
View Quote

I don't see why this is relevant since neither OP nor anyone else has doubted that the borrower's credit is a poor risk.  Also, the discussion is not about rates per se, but about exploitation of the weak.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"Because just about everywhere"......there's the problem. Different spin on that, the car title loans: Bring in your car (not older than 7 years) and title, get a quick cash loan, up to a $1k...and sign power of attorney, hold harmless for repo, etc..a day late..the company either has its own repo staff or contracts out..and car is repo...so tow charge, gate fees, late fees, storage all added, letters go out and within
time set by state, you put lien on title, apply for a new title,  and sell..but staff and repo get first dibbs, only paying a few hundred bucks above the loan amount...illegal..yeah...but try explaining that to your local police. With your example, the same thing...explain that to the local police and expect them to get involved. (kind of like, your car breaking down and getting towed, whether you called, or the police called for the tow...find out the fees are a few hundred bucks, something that might be regulated by law or local ordinance, but on top of that...the tow company charges a $100 plus 'gate fee'

Many states local sheriffs had a nice thing going with a turn key fee...get arrested, go to jail, post a bond, charges dropped, judge issues a get out of jail order...didn't matter, you weren't going anywhere until that cash $50+ 'turn-key' fee was paid.

When checks were popular, you had 'Bad Checks'...criminal aspect spelled out by law, right, the prosecutors should know the law right...wrong! Look across the country, and if you get a chance to look behind the scene..prosecutors office gets to charge a fee off the top of any collection and gets to use that money for his office. So, the staff usually consists of interns, family members, hotties, who are given very little guidance...they follow a template...bad check comes in, an attorney doesnt look over it, its an assembly line,  clerk sends out a letter threatening arrest, and repayment, their fee is taken off the top..if letter ignored or restitution and the fee not made on time..that same clerk walks the generic affidavit and warrant over to her friend in the judges office...that, along with stacks of other such docs are presented before any available judge...that judge doesn't look over the facts of the case (maybe assumes that before the complaint was taken, a prosecutor reviewed it, but doesn't really care, he has immunity). The warrant is issued and the check writer arrested. Small time right...look across at least the southeast US and you'll see where this same process pays for salaries, office furnishings and vehicles...how many of those bad checks are actually criminal...probably less than half.

Point being...until someone calls them on their practices (that many here, or the business themselves seem to think are lawful, the sheriff, the DA) are not. Throw in money, politics, what law enforcement agency has the jurisdiction, the wherewithall (know-how)..and these practices flourish, to the point where instead of taking you into an alley and beating you with a baseball bat, they go to the police, the courts.

On the other side, trying to make a criminal case...many patrons are always one step ahead of the repo man, wont answer door, their phone, don't believe your the police to help them, but the police that want to put them in jail...or if they do cooperate, they're transient, wont show up for court, involved with other criminal activity, not dependable as witnesses...and on and on..and the businesses with their predatory practices are well aware of that, as are their attorneys, their associations, their lobbyists and so on..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Predatory lending certainly exists and in my practice I see a lot of it.

The classic example is the guy who has no credit but needs a car so he goes to one of those buy here / pay here places that "will finance anybody".  Since the guy is desperate, they sell him a $2,500 used car but for $5,000 and the terms of the loan require that he make weekly payments in cash and in person.  Somewhere in the fine print it says that if you are late (by even 1 day), that they can repo the car.  

Eventually something happens and the guy can't get to the car dealer on the due date to make the payment so he shows up the next day with the money but instead of taking the money, they take the car back.  

Then they sell the car to another one of their affiliated used car lots for $2,000 and the guy is still on the hook for the balance of the $5,000.

Meanwhile the affiliated car lot resells that same car to another sucker for $5,000 and the cycle repeats.

Sure, there are plenty of people who make bad financial decisions and I don't think the law's job is to protect them all.  However, I have a problem with companies where their business model is to take advantage of people.

Yes, they are a credit risk and should have an interest rate which reflects that risk and if the usury rate isn't high enough, then you shouldn't make that loan.

How in the blue fuck is that predatory  first, he shouldn't be buying the car. Of all the cars in private ownership, I would bet less then 25% are a need vs. a want. Second, the terms were spelled out up front, weekly cash payments in person. Third, who is ultimately responsible for reading and understanding the fine print and getting all the facts?

Because just about everywhere, if you reposses a vehicle and resell it, legally that must be applied to the balance of the original loan as well.  You can't simply resell and keep repossessing the same car while continuing to hold all the borrowers accountable for the full loan amount of the car.  They are then paying full price for a product you seized from them.  Meanwhile you sold the same car for full value to multiple people.That's illegal.

Also, in many cases the shady lending places create situations designed to cause late payments.  They require payment in person and then hang out to lunch signs for hours at a time, tell the borrower to come back the next day because their computers are down, then hit them with the late day, etc.  Lots of legal cases involving this stuff out there, straight up criminal behavior.

"Because just about everywhere"......there's the problem. Different spin on that, the car title loans: Bring in your car (not older than 7 years) and title, get a quick cash loan, up to a $1k...and sign power of attorney, hold harmless for repo, etc..a day late..the company either has its own repo staff or contracts out..and car is repo...so tow charge, gate fees, late fees, storage all added, letters go out and within
time set by state, you put lien on title, apply for a new title,  and sell..but staff and repo get first dibbs, only paying a few hundred bucks above the loan amount...illegal..yeah...but try explaining that to your local police. With your example, the same thing...explain that to the local police and expect them to get involved. (kind of like, your car breaking down and getting towed, whether you called, or the police called for the tow...find out the fees are a few hundred bucks, something that might be regulated by law or local ordinance, but on top of that...the tow company charges a $100 plus 'gate fee'

Many states local sheriffs had a nice thing going with a turn key fee...get arrested, go to jail, post a bond, charges dropped, judge issues a get out of jail order...didn't matter, you weren't going anywhere until that cash $50+ 'turn-key' fee was paid.

When checks were popular, you had 'Bad Checks'...criminal aspect spelled out by law, right, the prosecutors should know the law right...wrong! Look across the country, and if you get a chance to look behind the scene..prosecutors office gets to charge a fee off the top of any collection and gets to use that money for his office. So, the staff usually consists of interns, family members, hotties, who are given very little guidance...they follow a template...bad check comes in, an attorney doesnt look over it, its an assembly line,  clerk sends out a letter threatening arrest, and repayment, their fee is taken off the top..if letter ignored or restitution and the fee not made on time..that same clerk walks the generic affidavit and warrant over to her friend in the judges office...that, along with stacks of other such docs are presented before any available judge...that judge doesn't look over the facts of the case (maybe assumes that before the complaint was taken, a prosecutor reviewed it, but doesn't really care, he has immunity). The warrant is issued and the check writer arrested. Small time right...look across at least the southeast US and you'll see where this same process pays for salaries, office furnishings and vehicles...how many of those bad checks are actually criminal...probably less than half.

Point being...until someone calls them on their practices (that many here, or the business themselves seem to think are lawful, the sheriff, the DA) are not. Throw in money, politics, what law enforcement agency has the jurisdiction, the wherewithall (know-how)..and these practices flourish, to the point where instead of taking you into an alley and beating you with a baseball bat, they go to the police, the courts.

On the other side, trying to make a criminal case...many patrons are always one step ahead of the repo man, wont answer door, their phone, don't believe your the police to help them, but the police that want to put them in jail...or if they do cooperate, they're transient, wont show up for court, involved with other criminal activity, not dependable as witnesses...and on and on..and the businesses with their predatory practices are well aware of that, as are their attorneys, their associations, their lobbyists and so on..

I completely agree, and that is all why these places exist.  My argument was, in the cases we described, these are truly predatory lenders, breaking the law.  They are no different than organizaed crime, that they make their schemes intricate and yet fairly small to discourage much action against them.  They are preying on the weak, and doing so illegally.  

Predatory lending does exist.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Baring said idiot being a window licking retard, the fuck it is. Most (not all) people are just lazy and hedonistic, not retarded or slow, and don't care about the high rate as long as they get their beer and smokes.  I was one of those idiots for a better chunk of my life (not smokes and beer, but fun over responsibility) and I have no one to blame but myself...certainly not the high interest places.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Predatory lenders"

Nobody's forcing your crew to borrow money at exorbitant interest rates.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Agreed, the lender is still a dick though...

The lender charged a very high interest rate to account for his risk of the borrower not repaying the note.

Apparently, he was right.

I still agree.

The lender I'm sure is completely within the law.

FYI you can be completely within the law and still be a dick that takes advantage of morons though. I fully concur that people that borrow money from these places are complete idiots. IMO though LEGAL, it's still unethical to knowingly take advantage of an idiot. YMMV.

Baring said idiot being a window licking retard, the fuck it is. Most (not all) people are just lazy and hedonistic, not retarded or slow, and don't care about the high rate as long as they get their beer and smokes.  I was one of those idiots for a better chunk of my life (not smokes and beer, but fun over responsibility) and I have no one to blame but myself...certainly not the high interest places.

Well there ya' go.  This says it all.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't see why this is relevant since neither OP nor anyone else has doubted that the borrower's credit is a poor risk.  Also, the discussion is not about rates per se, but about exploitation of the weak proletariat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For all the people here getting in a twist about high interest places, I have yet to see anyone step up and offer these poor financial dimwits personal, unsecured loans at 2.5%.

I don't see why this is relevant since neither OP nor anyone else has doubted that the borrower's credit is a poor risk.  Also, the discussion is not about rates per se, but about exploitation of the weak proletariat.

FIFY.  Everyone else calls them willing and eager customers.  Fellow travelers call them 'exploited'.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Maybe he's a realist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I pretty much don't care what happens to stupid people.  Most of them will vote Democrapic anyways

So I see that you are not a Christian, nor are you one of those humanistic atheists able to cogitate on higher planes.  So what are you, sociopath?

Maybe he's a realist.

Nope, read his posts.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In this case, the lenders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And your logic is the same that thinks offering booze to a recovering alcoholic is OK.

Booze is offered to recovering alcoholics in the exact same manner that these loans are offered to people who can't handle personal finances.

What exactly was your point with that analogy?  That Budweiser is predatory scum for putting beer commercials on TV?

My point was, though lost on you, that there are some things that people just shouldn't do.

Your point being what it is, who should make these decisions for these people then?

In this case, the lenders.

Ok, I just figured you out you are the 99%, an OWS, I should get $15 bucks an hour to flip burgers, personal responsibility is for suckers, type.

Good to know. I can just ignore any opinions you have from here on out. Thanks for outing yourself.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm assuming during that period of your life you skipped out of all your ethics classes then.

I don't think that is to which he referred.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Predatory lenders"

Nobody's forcing your crew to borrow money at exorbitant interest rates.

They're lending to people banks will not go anywhere near.  How much do you think they spend on collecting default payment? How many of those do they write off as a loss?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I see it sort of like odds at the horse races.

One horse is at 2-1 odds.  Because there's a good chance he will win.

Another horse is at 99-1 odds.  Because he will not win.

Some people can borrow money at 3% because they will pay it back.

Other people can borrow money at 80% because they probably won't pay it back.  The lender will have to sue and go after wage garnishment if the person is still employed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No, I was inferring that your definition of ethics, that it is not unethical to take advantage of idiots, is a peculiar one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not, I was the idiot and I don't think anybody did anything unethical, I screwed myself. I am a big boy, I didn't have to sign the dotted line, I did that of my own free will, all while know I was shooting myself in the foot. It was a money now, worry about it later, rob Peter to pay Paul, thing. All I had to do was live a simple life and pay my bills and I wouldn't have needed those places,  but I didn't, and they were there.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Its not, I was the idiot and I don't think anybody did anything unethical, I screwed myself. I am a big boy, I didn't have to sign the dotted line, I did that of my own free will, all while know I was shooting myself in the foot. It was a money now, worry about it later, rob Peter to pay Paul, thing. All I had to do was live a simple life and pay my bills and I wouldn't have needed those places,  but I didn't, and they were there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You couldn't quit buying chrome and lights for your truck/trailer could you
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Arfcom is big on personal responsibility, and those title loan/cash places are built for people with very little concept of personal responsibility.

99% of them would be better off if they sold the IPhone, cancelled the credit cards, tossed the smokes and lotto tickets, and lived life responsibly.

View Quote

This, a 1000 times this. All they care about is having fun and getting the latest and greatest, why have a flip phone when you can have an iPhone 6S?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't see why this is relevant since neither OP nor anyone else has doubted that the borrower's credit is a poor risk.  Also, the discussion is not about rates per se, but about exploitation of the weak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody's being exploited, it's just your OWS perception of things.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lender charged a very high interest rate to account for his risk of the borrower not repaying the note.

Apparently, he was right.

I still agree.

The lender I'm sure is completely within the law.

FYI you can be completely within the law and still be a dick that takes advantage of morons though. I fully concur that people that borrow money from these places are complete idiots. IMO though LEGAL, it's still unethical to knowingly take advantage of an idiot. YMMV.

Says what, that I took control of my finances, accept personal responsibility for the hole I dug myself into and don't blame the lender for MY stupidity.

Keep it up, you really are letting your FSA show.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So then your solution is to say, "Fuck you, you have proven worthless and can live on the street for all I care."? Or maybe you would prefer the business model set itself up go under because it loses money offering a "fair" interest rate.

Seriously, what is your solution, I'm genuinely curious? It has to be one of 2 ways, high interest or "No soup for you.".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All you smart guys with no fucks to give need to understand that you could not have your superior IQ without someone else having an inferior one.  There are genuinely feeble minded people who cannot think their way out of a paper sack - OK, maybe they can, but nevertheless, there are people out there of low intellect who are susceptible to the manipulations of shysters.  Christians should care.  Atheists, if their claims are true, should care too.

So why don't YOU go and lend these people your money, either interest-free or at a rate you two agree on? Oh, you're afraid you won't see your money again?

The rates and fees are what they are because there's a high probability that the lender ISN'T going to see his money again.

^^^^ Nailed it.

Nailed nothing.  Sheesh, low-level thinkers sure get to be tiresome when I try to dig their mental functioning out of the manure lagoon that it is.  I won't make the loan because, just like the lender in question, I know that they will likely default.  Unlike those lenders, I will not create a business model that thrives on the misfortunes of others.  A transaction should benefit both parties as evident by implied warranties, and should not be designed for the failure of one to benefit the other.

So then your solution is to say, "Fuck you, you have proven worthless and can live on the street for all I care."? Or maybe you would prefer the business model set itself up go under because it loses money offering a "fair" interest rate.

Seriously, what is your solution, I'm genuinely curious? It has to be one of 2 ways, high interest or "No soup for you.".

(putting on boots to wade into the lagoon again)  There is no easy solution just as "the poor will always be with us".  However, it is clear that there is no moral standing for a system that destroys another person.  The claim that deception of the susceptible somehow serves as a service to them is invalid.  There is a loan industry that operates on what we consider the norm and it includes short term and/or high interest loans.  This is what I am accustomed to and the one in which I participate.  On the other hand, I find it hard to believe that should I go to one of these morally compromised lenders, that they would even want me as a customer as I would not fit their targeted customers (my FICO is > 800 BTW).  My solution, and one that I encourage you to enjoin, is for people to do what is right, and to look out for your fellow man.  Matthew 25:40
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And again, back to my original comment, if you think it is ethical to deliberately take advantage of idiots, you must have been absent when ethics were taught.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nope, read his posts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I pretty much don't care what happens to stupid people.  Most of them will vote Democrapic anyways

So I see that you are not a Christian, nor are you one of those humanistic atheists able to cogitate on higher planes.  So what are you, sociopath?

Maybe he's a realist.

Nope, read his posts.

I did, don't you have a $15 an hour rally to attend somewhere?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Arfcom should be just as adamant regarding the responsibility of these lenders too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

FIFY.  Everyone else calls them willing and eager customers.  Fellow travelers call them 'exploited'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cute.  Cute but stupid.  Try again.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#24]
The rates are probably high to cover the large fraction of deadbeats.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

(putting on boots to wade into the lagoon again)  There is no easy solution just as "the poor will always be with us".  However, it is clear that there is no moral standing for a system that destroys another person.  The claim that deception of the susceptible somehow serves as a service to them is invalid.  There is a loan industry that operates on what we consider the norm and it includes short term and/or high interest loans.  This is what I am accustomed to and the one in which I participate.  On the other hand, I find it hard to believe that should I go to one of these morally compromised lenders, that they would even want me as a customer as I would not fit their targeted customers (my FICO is > 800 BTW).  My solution, and one that I encourage you to enjoin, is for people to do what is right, and to look out for your fellow man.  Matthew 25:40
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So why don't YOU go and lend these people your money, either interest-free or at a rate you two agree on? Oh, you're afraid you won't see your money again?

The rates and fees are what they are because there's a high probability that the lender ISN'T going to see his money again.

^^^^ Nailed it.

Nailed nothing.  Sheesh, low-level thinkers sure get to be tiresome when I try to dig their mental functioning out of the manure lagoon that it is.  I won't make the loan because, just like the lender in question, I know that they will likely default.  Unlike those lenders, I will not create a business model that thrives on the misfortunes of others.  A transaction should benefit both parties as evident by implied warranties, and should not be designed for the failure of one to benefit the other.

First off, the bible means nothing to me, second, when I asked your opinion, it was before I realized you have a 99%, OWS attitude. I really don't give a shit about your opinions at this point. You are FSA.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I generally think that lenders like this are low-lifes, but it's the stupidity of the people in the marketplace that are the reason they exist in the first place. Virginia changed it's laws several years back regarding these types of loan businesses and payday loan/title loan places started showing up all over the place. It's the people that are morans with money that are keeping the doors open.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Ok, I just figured you out you are the 99%, an OWS, I should get $15 bucks an hour to flip burgers, personal responsibility is for suckers, type.

Good to know. I can just ignore any opinions you have from here on out. Thanks for outing yourself.
View Quote

Really?  Is that all you can come up with?  You now choose to ignore that which was made obvious yet you think I am the liberal.  Chalk up another win for me and see ya' later loser.   As I have said before, you need to stay out of payday loan offices.  I'd hate to see what they would do to you again.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Booze, cell phones, sneakers smokes, crack and shit seems to be the Arfcom consensus.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And again, back to my original comment, if you think it is ethical to deliberately take advantage of idiots, you must have been absent when ethics were taught.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And again, NOBODY took advantage of me. They offered a service I could have not utilized, the same as EVERYBODY else is free to not utilize it. The ONLY responsible party is the one that walks through the door and ASKS for a high interest loan because they are such fuck ups NO mainstream lender can stop laughing long enough to say no.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Doing business with idiots is like winning the lottery, it's not my job to hold their hand through life.

Old people, the mentally handicapped, and children are completely different stories. They are incapable of looking after themselves, so others have to do it for them. Taking advantage of those people would be unethical.

Taking advantage of people who can't be bothered to read the fine print, or educate themselves on basic loan calculation, or understand how a loan works before taking out a loan are not incapable of taking care of themselves. They are simply too lazy to do so.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Really?  Is that all you can come up with?  You now choose to ignore that which was made obvious yet you think I am the liberal.  Chalk up another win for me and see ya' later loser.   As I have said before, you need to stay out of payday loan offices.  I'd hate to see what they would do to you again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No win for you, run and hide kiddo.
I took responsibility for my finances so no, I won't be needing them again. And what else should I come up with? You think its the lenders responsibility to protect the dipshits and not the dipshits place to have some personal responsibility. That screams AWS, FSA entitlement mentality.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Doing business with idiots is like winning the lottery, it's not my job to hold their hand through life.

Old people, the mentally handicapped, and children are completely different stories. They are incapable of looking after themselves, so others have to do it for them. Taking advantage of those people would be unethical.

Taking advantage of people who can't be bothered to read the fine print, or educate themselves on basic loan calculation, or understand how a loan works before taking out a loan are not incapable of taking care of themselves. They are simply too lazy to do so.
View Quote

PERFECTLY stated
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#33]
You have to sign up to be the "predator's" game. I wonder if the people taking these loans out look at anything in the loan office, including the big fricking posters on the wall, let alone the terms. 180%... 119.88%...

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You have to sign up to be the "predator's" game. I wonder if the people taking these loans out look at anything in the loan office, including the big fricking posters on the wall, let alone the terms. 180%... 119.88%...

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z50/newphotobucketuser/loan_zpsn3xpkaap.jpg
View Quote

No wonder no one knows what the terms are! It's in 2 different languages!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I took responsibility for my finances so no, I won't be needing them again. And what else should I come up with? You think its the lenders responsibility to protect the dipshits and not the dipshits place to have some personal responsibility. That screams AWS, FSA entitlement mentality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you did me the favor of ignoring me.  Remember?  It was right when you lost this debate, your credibility, and Arfcom's opinion of your character.  Please, redouble your efforts in ignoring me and resist the urge to further derp.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love the "THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS" part.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fair point, I guess I'm more thinking about the young Marines that don't know better (since they are often MY young Marines and end up in trouble over it)
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Booze, cell phones, sneakers smokes, crack and shit seems to be the Arfcom consensus.
View Quote
For the most part its true .

Go hang out at a few different pawn shops or check places for awile

Its sterling free entertainment

I also love people that pull race into it , at least iny neck of the woods these places would go under if not for juggalos and other assorted white trash
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the difference- in your case you KNEW what you were doing, you just didn't care. There's lots of people that literally don't understand what they are getting themselves in to. Am I going to lose sleep over it? Nope. I still think lenders that take advantage of those types of people are dicks though, even if what they're doing is legal.

For the other group of people that know exactly what they're doing and just DGAF, well IDGAF either.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Smiling faces, wad of cash, looks good to me HURR DURR.

That's what you'd hear if you could read the minds of the people waiting in line at the cash stores.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I thought you did me the favor of ignoring me.  Remember?  It was right when you lost this debate, your credibility, and Arfcom's opinion of your character.  Please, redouble your efforts in ignoring me and resist the urge to further derp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't put anybody on ignore, it's a sign if weakness, I said I was going to ignore you useless opinions. And I hare to rustle you jimmies, but I didn't lose any debate, my credibility or  harm my character. But you keep posting your FSA butthurt if you think it makes you look better. I've been here long enough that you're not the first petulant child to think.you've gotten over on my, keep it up cupcake.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's what you'd hear if you could read the minds of the people waiting in line at the cash stores.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Fair point, I guess I'm more thinking about the young Marines that don't know better (since they are often MY young Marines and end up in trouble over it)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see where you're coming from, and it's a perfectly valid place. And admittedly you felt protective of them, I feel bad that the get buried as well, though I do have a slightly different take.

We say they are smart and wordly enough to sign the dotted line to offer up their lives, but not old enough to drink or buy a handgun or smart enough to sign for a bad loan. I feel that if they are old and smart enough to enlist at 18 then they are old enough to drink buy guns and get stupid loans, if they are not old/smart enough to drink, buy guns and sing bad loans until 21, then they should not be able to volunteer to die until then.

I'm really torn on this part of the issue.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
These places rip off the no so bright in the world and get away with it. Total scum!
View Quote

Yeah even if it's legal that doesn't excuse what they're doing.

For all the social conservatives on this site there don't seem to be many familiar with the concept of usury.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

For all the social conservatives on this site there don't seem to be many familiar with the concept of usury.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These places rip off the no so bright in the world and get away with it. Total scum!

Go back to the OWS rally!  

Seriously though, some people openly embracing some pretty shameful financial behavior in the name of capitalism and its no wonder a significant portion of the world and the US can be duped into believing in socialism and communism even after all the strife they've caused. You have to have a pretty detestable argument to make the hammer and sickle look like a nice alternative. Bravo gentlemen, you are your own worst enemy.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Seriously though, some people openly embracing some pretty shameful financial behavior in the name of capitalism and its no wonder a significant portion of the world and the US can be duped into believing in socialism and communism even after all the strife they've caused. You have to have a pretty detestable argument to make the hammer and sickle look like a nice alternative. Bravo gentlemen, you are your own worst enemy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clever, but either you missed the point or you are being intentionally dishonest

He said it was the lenders responsibility to protect the borrower indicating the borrower has zero personal responsibility. If that's not straight up OWS, tell me what is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't put anybody on ignore, it's a sign if weakness, I said I was going to ignore you useless opinions. And I hare to rustle you jimmies, but I didn't lose any debate, my credibility or  harm my character. But you keep posting your FSA butthurt if you think it makes you look better. I've been here long enough that you're not the first petulant child to think.you've gotten over on my, keep it up cupcake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are other signs of weakness that should also be your concern.  Also, no jimmie rustling here as you did lose the debate when you resorted to name calling and other ad hominems just before you said you would ignore my opinions.  I won't need to post anything to "look better" because juxtaposed with you, I do.  I'm not surprised that given your time here (you are the sort that give '06ers a bad name ((try to ignore that opinion))) that I am not the first to have "gotten over on my".  Lastly, name calling further illustrates the weakness of your position and character; so depending on my mood at the particular time, I might or might not "keep it up".  Nevertheless, you still lost, loser.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Clever, but either you missed the point or you are being intentionally dishonest

He said it was the lenders responsibility to protect the borrower indicating the borrower has zero personal responsibility. If that's not straight up OWS, tell me what is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When everyone who disagrees with shitty business practices becomes OWS, then you're going to alone or nearly so pretty quickly, wondering WTF happened to America, and wondering why progressive socialists won another major election. Human civilizations have had written laws and moral repugnance against predatorial lending practices since the beginning of human history. Just because its legal at the moment doesn't mean its the type of behavior you should promote simply because its part of capitalism and common sense/intelligence. Thinking that way can lead to very bad things. Like right now, where socialist and commie politicians are able to grab adherents left and right because people like you are effectively doing the work for them by championing capitalistic predators and whether a system that allows that should be continued. If people start believing the system is rigged to make them prey, stupid or not, lazy or not, they will find a champion to stop it. Best pick your battles or else you will lose the coming war.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There are other signs of weakness that should also be your concern.  Also, no jimmie rustling here as you did lose the debate when you resorted to name calling and other ad hominems just before you said you would ignore my opinions.  I won't need to post anything to "look better" because juxtaposed with you, I do.  I'm not surprised that given your time here (you are the sort that give '06ers a bad name ((try to ignore that opinion))) that I am not the first to have "gotten over on my".  Lastly, name calling further illustrates the weakness of your position and character; so depending on my mood at the particular time, I might or might not "keep it up".  Nevertheless, you still lost, loser.
View Quote

Oh, so sorry *me, I know it was hard to understand what I meant with the typo and all.

Name calling hell, you indicated it was the lenders responsibility and not the borrowers to be responsible for the borrower, thats the definition of an entitlement, OWS attitude.

What exactly do you have against someone taking personal responsibility for the bad things they bring into their lives? Why do you think it's society's place to take care of those who are to lazy, uncaring or irresponsible to do it themselves (and we're not talking the old, infirm or mentally challenged)?
If a retarded guy (sorry for the lack of pc) walks in, I won't give him a loan, but if a guy with a "hatchetman" neck tattoo and a "Juggalo for life" tattoo on his arm, he doesn't care about his decision making, tell me why I should?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Oh, so sorry *me, I know it was hard to understand what I meant with the typo and all.

Name calling hell, you indicated it was the lenders responsibility and not the borrowers to be responsible for the borrower, thats the definition of an entitlement, OWS attitude.

What exactly do you have against someone taking personal responsibility for the bad things they bring into their lives? Why do you think it's society's place to take care of those who are to lazy, uncaring or irresponsible to do it themselves (and we're not talking the old, infirm or mentally challenged)?
If a retarded guy (sorry for the lack of pc) walks in, I won't give him a loan, but if a guy with a "hatchetman" neck tattoo and a "Juggalo for life" tattoo on his arm, he doesn't care about his decision making, tell me why I should?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because any person that performs that job is a detestable piece of human filth, according to the basic morality code handed down from pretty much every society in the history of humanity.

Usury
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top