BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, that's pretty much the  vapid nonsensical response I expected.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the article is anti-LE it's biased and full of lies, now suddenly news reporting is gospel.

So tell me, what do YOU think is actually happening then?  (this should be good)

Bottom line is that I don't really care either way.  But ArfLEOs call every news story that shines a sliver of bad light on cops biased and full of lies, now suddenly the media is purer than the blessed Mary.  It's comical to watch.  

B'more has been a shit hole forever, and will remain a shit hole whether there are cops or not.  Burning it to the ground was a good start, too bad they half assed it.

Used to many big words for ya sport?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI. Too bad, I like Baltimore.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
let that left wing utopia burn in its own shit pile
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the article is anti-LE it's biased and full of lies, now suddenly news reporting is gospel.

So tell me, what do YOU think is actually happening then?  (this should be good)

Bottom line is that I don't really care either way.  But ArfLEOs call every news story that shines a sliver of bad light on cops biased and full of lies, now suddenly the media is purer than the blessed Mary.  It's comical to watch.  

B'more has been a shit hole forever, and will remain a shit hole whether there are cops or not.  Burning it to the ground was a good start, too bad they half assed it.

Words are not the problem.  There is an amazing lack of critical thought in your post.   Maybe it's buried under the  unstable emotional baggage?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Given that "crime" is not a nebulous entity that floats around on high and inflicts itself on the populace (much as it is portrayed that way in Comstat meetings and by governments in general,) but something done by criminals, yes, LE does to an extent prevent some crimes, and can serve to reduce the number crimes in a given area in some cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do police really prevent crime? Or are they there just to arrest the wrongdoer's?

Given that "crime" is not a nebulous entity that floats around on high and inflicts itself on the populace (much as it is portrayed that way in Comstat meetings and by governments in general,) but something done by criminals, yes, LE does to an extent prevent some crimes, and can serve to reduce the number crimes in a given area in some cases.

Agreed. However, many citizens have determined measures aimed at preventing crime are "racial profiling" and "harassment".
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't you mean when the media reports on anything gun related (or anything political) GD believes the story is full of lies, when they post a negative story about police it's the gospel?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am a realist, and I am extremely clear eyed. Never in my life have I expected the cops to do anything but extort and threaten me and mine. It beggars belief that anyone, no matter how naive or demented, could expect otherwise.
View Quote

Dont be a criminal shithead and they generally leave you alone.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They wanted less police involvement in their lives, they got it.
View Quote

This!  Let them solve  their own problems. .. ... I'm sure there's nothing that could possibly go wrong. ..
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Don't you mean when the media reports on anything gun related (or anything political) GD believes the story is full of lies, when they post a negative story about police it's the gospel?
View Quote

It all depends on the POV doesn't it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

To quote The Wire, "Can't hide the bodies".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To quote The Wire, "Can't hide the bodies".

Not from Target Loss Prevention!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Words are not the problem.  There is an amazing lack of critical thought in your post.   Maybe it's buried under the  unstable emotional baggage?
View Quote

Perhaps you would be happier if I just sat here and fapped to the article like you and your buddies. In a completely non-vapid manner using a tub full of critical thought.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I feel sorry for any folks living there who weren't protesting, and did appreciate the role of the police. But those are the only people I feel sorry for.
View Quote

Probably a TINY minority. Even the more "level-headed" people the media interviews from these locations still think the cops are out to get them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I feel sorry for any folks living there who weren't protesting, and did appreciate the role of the police. But those are the only people I feel sorry for.
View Quote

I feel bad for all 3 of them too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Perhaps you would be happier if I just sat here and fapped to the article like you and your buddies. In a completely non-vapid manner using a tub full of critical thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't judge if you do, I can see why your sexual outlets would be limited.    Personally, I prefer women. Mostly  brunettes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#17]
HAHAHAH!

Fuuuuuucccccckkkkkkk allllll offfff yooooouuuuuuu!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Agreed. However, many citizens have determined measures aimed at preventing crime are "racial profiling" and "harassment".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do police really prevent crime? Or are they there just to arrest the wrongdoer's?

You don't think there could be a reason for that, do you?
Like maybe CRIME STATISTICS.

Gee, we shouldn't use those to help fight crime.
I know lets just stop Asian guys. They are known troublemakers.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Be carefull what you wish for.....you might just get it....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

first post wins again.

Actually why bother, protect the people who want it and let the rest slide into the ditch.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Completely un-foreseeable.
View Quote

Whoda ever thought such a thing!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I, for one, would welcome TheDoctors308's take on this.

Too bad the anti-cop Arock Crew drove him off.
View Quote

That's right, he was Baltimore PD wasn't he?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's pretty funny.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just how many demonstrations happened, how many demonstrators came out to protest in favor of the cops?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Cincinnati/Over-the-Rhine may have shown the blueprint for dealing with this.

After the 2001 riots with similar circumstances (unarmed young black male running from cops was shot & killed), police had a work slowdown and crime started going up, peaking around 2005-06 when the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood was named the most dangerous neighborhood in the United States.

Property values dropped to levels where developers started buying things up and the police started getting serious about cleaning the area up.  

A few years later and it became hipster-land.

Loretta Lynch was just here praising the Cincinnati PD for how they handled things.  Baltimore might just be following that playbook.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yep it hurts you real deep that people want police out there.
View Quote

Not surprising really... FSA gonna ask for more FS.

Free house, free phone, free food, free money... of course they're gonna want free protection.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Free house, free phone, free food, free money... of course they're gonna want free protection.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep it hurts you real deep that people want police out there.

Hell, doesn't everyone of property need protection?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"We also gave those, who wished to destroy, space to do that as well"
-- Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake
View Quote

Her and SA Marilyn Mosby. A couple of shining stars in promoting the BGI agenda. Burn this MFer down.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd be scared to if I lived in a city where I couldnt carry a gun to defend myself legally.

I think it is funny how the state or city makes it illegal to defend yourself, then shuts off security when they get their panties in a knot.

Just goes to show what unions and progressive democrats can do in a few generations.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am a realist, and I am extremely clear eyed. Never in my life have I expected the cops to do anything but extort and threaten me and mine. It beggars belief that anyone, no matter how naive or demented, could expect otherwise.

That's been my experience as well, I'm 42 and have never had a bad interaction with a cop in an official capacity. Now sure, I've had a couple my wallet didn't like, but those were speeding tickets and the blame for both was totally on me and not the officer writing them.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

A lot of the "they" who were on TV rioting were people paid to be there who don't live there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of the "they" who were on TV rioting were people paid to be there who don't live there.

OWS Baltimore People's Assembly networking.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you come to New Orleans, I'll show you around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your first and second sentences are completely incongruous.  

If you come to New Orleans, I'll show you around.

Hmmm... the cops in "chocolate city" are corrupt? ?? Nevermind,  I like my account. ..
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You know what? 100% of them will continue to vote for Democrat. In the real world your actions have consequences. Fuck off, liberals.
View Quote

We are neck deep in the Lala now a days. Doubt an extinction level event could set all the stupid right at this point.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Just how many demonstrations happened, how many demonstrators came out to protest in favor of the cops?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you live in a city that makes self defense a crime, and politcians are bought with drug money off the streets, siding against organized crime is a sure to become a missing person real quick.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Well considering I am not a black male age 18-35, I will go back to not being shot.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#41]
This will be whiteys and the republicans fault. It's NEVER the fault of liberals. Never.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Perrine's brother is one of 36 people killed in Baltimore so far this month, already the highest homicide count for May since 1999. But while homicides are spiking, arrests have plunged more than 50 percent compared to last year.

The drop in arrests followed the death of Freddie Gray from injuries he suffered in police custody. Gray's death sparked protests against the police and some rioting, and led to the indictment of six officers.

Now West Baltimore residents worry they've been abandoned by the officers they once accused of harassing them. In recent weeks, some neighborhoods have become like the Wild West without a lawman around, residents said.

"Before it was over-policing. Now there's no police," said Donnail "Dreads" Lee, 34, who lives in the Gilmor Homes, the public housing complex where Gray, 25, was arrested. "I haven't seen the police since the riots," Lee said. "People feel as though they can do things and get away with it. I see people walking with guns almost every single day, because they know the police aren't pulling them up like they used to."

Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said last week his officers "are not holding back" from policing tough neighborhoods, but they are encountering dangerous hostility in the Western District. "Our officers tell me that when officers pull up, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them at any time," Batts said.

At a City Council meeting Wednesday, Batts said officers have expressed concern they could be arrested for making mistakes. "What is happening, there is a lot of levels of confusion in the police organization. There are people who have pain, there are people who are hurt, there are people who are frustrated, there are people who are angry," Batts said. "There are people, and they've said this to me, 'If I get out of my car and make a stop for a reasonable suspicion that leads to probable cause but I make a mistake on it, will I be arrested?' They pull up to a scene and another officer has done something that they don't know, it may be illegal, will they be arrested for it?
View Quote

http://www.mail.com/news/us/3580888-baltimore-residents-fearful-amid-rash-homicides.html#.23140-stage-hero1-2

View Quote
Wanted no racist police... Got what they wanted I guess. Deal with bitches
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Too bad the anti-cop Arock Crew drove him off.
View Quote

Could you imagine the amount of panty twisting and butt-hurt that would occur if he showed back up?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

It's pretty funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's pretty funny.

I'm betting he's no longer the PC, idealistic, college boy I remember from before he became a Baltimore cop.  Amazing how perspective can change a man.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm betting he's no longer the PC, idealistic, college boy I remember from before he became a Baltimore cop.  Amazing how perspective can change a man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty funny.

that an enlightened self interest
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top