User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2015 11:59:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:01:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Their land, their rules.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Boo-hoo. I'm sure there are other trailer parks that these people can move to.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:03:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Your house has wheels move.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure they can find a vacant lot in East Palo Alto,  hell it's just on the other side of the freeway,  how bad could it be.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep.  Tough shit, should have planned better rather than staying in a situation they knew would never last.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm sure they can find a vacant lot in East Palo Alto,  hell it's just on the other side of the freeway,  how bad could it be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snort!

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yep.  Tough shit, should have planned better rather than staying in a situation they knew would never last.
View Quote

People of their "caliber" don't plan their lives out well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
In my little town they have closed 2 mobile home parks to build homes.
When the building industry went bust here in 2008 the property was not developed.
There are five more mobile home parks, two of them the owners want to sell to developers.  

Most of the people that got booted from the two closed mobile home parks found some sort of .gov assisted housing.

The owner of the local "section 8" housing recently closed the property and renovated it and no longer accepts section 8 type people.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Their land, their rules.
View Quote

Unless there are gays living in the trailer park. Then it is illegal discrimination to make them move.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Saw a local news broadcast on this earlier so it's getting a shit ton of boo hoo coverage.  In before the injunction against the land owners.  Even without any further complications the report I saw stated that there would be 6 month eviction process.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Fucking A, they're being paid? He has to pay them, even when their agreement is up and he owns the land. Fuck me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In my little town they have closed 2 mobile home parks to build homes.
When the building industry went bust here in 2008 the property was not developed.
There are five more mobile home parks, two of them the owners want to sell to developers.  

Most of the people that got booted from the two closed mobile home parks found some sort of .gov assisted housing.

The owner of the local "section 8" housing recently closed the property and renovated it and no longer accepts section 8 type people.

View Quote

And that's why Section 8 needs to be completely eliminated.
If you can afford one trailer park then you can afford another one.
Not the taxpayers fault that you aren't getting the area or school district that you want.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:23:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Some money to the city changed hands there. Try evicting someone who isn't behind in 30 days and report back how that goes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fucking A, they're being paid? He has to pay them, even when their agreement is up and he owns the land. Fuck me.
View Quote

It just goes to show you how the legal system has been perverted by the left - now you have to bribe people to get the fuck off your property when their lease is up.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:29:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Some money to the city changed hands there. Try evicting someone who isn't behind in 30 days and report back how that goes.
View Quote

Yep. Wouldn't even surprise me if trailer park owner was on or related to someone on the council.

Anywho, time to air up the tires on the house and move along.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not what happened. It's been going on for years,  I read this story one year ago where the people were bitching. The owner wanted the people to move out as the leases were up. The park was in a school district where everyone else pays shit tons of property taxes for the best schools, they're upset that their kids won't get to go to a good school without having to pay shit for taxes. Shit like, "I've been living here for 5 years, I don't care if my lease is up, I have the right to live where I want".
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's not what happened. It's been going on for years,  I read this story one year ago where the people were bitching. The owner wanted the people to move out as the leases were up. The park was in a school district where everyone else pays shit tons of property taxes for the best schools, they're upset that their kids won't get to go to a good school without having to pay shit for taxes. Shit like, "I've been living here for 5 years, I don't care if my lease is up, I have the right to live where I want".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know enough about city operations in our neck of woods to know that dicks were sucked for this one. No two ways about it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:16:06 AM EDT
[#18]
We have a similar situation happening in Kodiak right now. Waterfront mobile home park,tenants given one year to vacate. Much heartburn.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Real estate in Palo Alto is pricey.

eta lol

I'll give an example.  My ex in laws live in Palo Alto.  Way back in the day they bought a house in a nice neighborhood.  It was pricey for the time at about $200k.  3 bed/2.5 bath/ 2,300 sq ft./ 6,500 sq ft lot.  About 5 years ago they sold their house to move to a retirement community also in Palo Alto. The house sold in three weeks for $1.5 million.  

Zillow now lists their old house at $3 million with a rent estimate of $7,200.00/ month.  Fuck.  There is a housing shortage in and around Silicon Valley, people are having bidding wars.  It's insane.

That shitty mobile home park is big money...if the public isn't swayed by biased news reports, lawyers, activist judges and politicians don't get involved.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:27:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Meanwhile everyone in the Palo Alto startup community is concerned about "diversity".  I guess they want diversity, just not too much diversity.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:39:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I know enough about city operations in our neck of woods to know that dicks were sucked for this one. No two ways about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol at Vlad arguing with Vlad
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Meanwhile everyone in the Palo Alto startup community is concerned about "diversity".  I guess they want diversity, just not too much diversity.  

View Quote

Pretty much.  This is how California gets rid of "undesirables", while still pretending to want diversity.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:55:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pretty much.  This is how California gets rid of "undesirables", while still pretending to want diversity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Undesirables" shouldn't be forced on any community by any government entity...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Right across highway 101 is the fine community of East Palo Alto.  At one time it had the distinction of the highest per capita murder rate in the U.S.  Lots of drugs, poverty, etc.  They've cleaned it up a bit, probably because it's the only way to get to 101 from the bridge

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:58:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Sucks to be them. I wonder if all 400 went in and bought the land what their monthly payment would be?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:01:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Shoulda just kept raising lot rent until they left on their own.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:02:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sucks to be them. I wonder if all 400 went in and bought the land what their monthly payment would be?
View Quote

If the owners want to sell it's their land. If the city forced them to sell, that's another story comrade.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:04:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Shoulda just kept raising lot rent until they left on their own.
View Quote

Politicians stick their noses into that too...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:06:39 AM EDT
[#29]
wonder what the lot rent was there?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Occupy........ "Trailer Town."  Down with the 1%ers.

Aloha, Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top