Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/27/2015 11:45:51 PM EDT
I and others here old enough to know have complained that the McDs of today is not the McDs of yore.   It appears they might be listening after 25 years.

McDonald’s is tinkering with how it cooks its burgers, with the aim of winning back customers. McDonald’s said it would toast its hamburger buns longer so sandwiches would be warmer, and change the way it sears and grills its beef so that the patties are juicier. “It’s these little things that add up to big differences for our customers,” the chief executive, Steve Easterbrook, said at the Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference in New York. Mr. Easterbrook, who stepped into his role March 1, said the changes were part of the company’s recommitment to “tastier food across the menu.” He also said the company would, as many of its rivals have, stop reporting monthly sales.
View Quote
NYTimes

I am cautiously optimistic.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm still not eating there.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
poop thread
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Ever since Taco Bell came out with breakfast, I have zero reason to ever go to another McDonalds.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ever since Taco Bell came out with breakfast, I have zero reason to ever go to another McDonalds.
View Quote

Taco Bell breakfast sounds painful on the ass.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
It's actually very good. Not a fan of their coffee though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
No matter how they change the process of cooking the burger... having the price double for the $15.00 an hour wage will turn me away.

I do love their coffee... but if it sell for the price expected at Starbucks... I'll stay home for coffee.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
After I found a bit of plastic inside my Egg McMuffin, I don't give a shit what they do, they're not getting my business again.

I'm not mad anymore, but my stomach turns every time I see the arches.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I and others here old enough to know have complained that the McDs of today is not the McDs of yore.   It appears they might be listening after 25 years.

McDonald’s is tinkering with how it cooks its burgers, with the aim of winning back customers. McDonald’s said it would toast its hamburger buns longer so sandwiches would be warmer, and change the way it sears and grills its beef so that the patties are juicier. “It’s these little things that add up to big differences for our customers,” the chief executive, Steve Easterbrook, said at the Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference in New York. Mr. Easterbrook, who stepped into his role March 1, said the changes were part of the company’s recommitment to “tastier food across the menu.” He also said the company would, as many of its rivals have, stop reporting monthly sales.
View Quote
NYTimes

View Quote

Does "cautiously optimistic" mean you give a fuck?

McDonalds may as well announce they are toasting used tampons to hold in the juices.  I will never eat in that shithole if I can help it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still drunk in the morning?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll stick with this instead.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#12]
If they want to get my business, they need to start frying the pies again.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the grease needs to bleed through the wrapper
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Ban microwaves
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

You must like shitting liquid.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

poop thread
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

McDonald’s is tinkering with how it cooks its burgers, with the aim of winning back customers. McDonald’s said it would toast its hamburger buns longer so sandwiches would be warmer, and change the way it sears and grills its beef so that the patties are juicier. “It’s these little things that add up to big differences for our customers,” the chief executive, Steve Easterbrook, said at the Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference  in New York. Mr. Easterbrook, who stepped into his role March 1, said the changes were part of the company’s recommitment to “tastier food across the menu.” He also said the company would, as many of its rivals have, stop reporting monthly sales.
View Quote
NYTimes

View Quote

Maybe their burgers are better in the new Berenstain universe.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Until they go back to using the original French fry grease, they will never be he McDonald's of yore!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#19]
The last burger I ate there was fully cooked but, it made me violently ill anyway. Not winning this ex customer back.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#20]
i heard a bunch are replacing their workers with kiosks to take orders as well. no more shitty attitudes or shitty people to deal with. how will we wash away all the scum left on the streets?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:09:57 AM EDT
[#21]
I get sticker shock (and butthole shock, later) everytime I go to McDonald's.  I may as well go to 5 guys for what they're charging to eat there now .

I could justify $4-$6 for a burger, fries, and drink.  But holy shit, you can EASILY drop $18 on two people getting numbered meal items.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:10:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Dont their patties go from raw to cooked in about 5 seconds?

Mcdonalds use to give me the walking farts. But ever since I got sick as shit from eating iraqi food, that's a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

McDonald's has good coffee.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:14:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

View Quote

I smiled a little.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What is that shit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

McDouble
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I used to love their quarter pounder and fries. But the last few years, maybe the last 8-9, it was hit or miss. Burgers would be hard and dried out, fries were like wood and tasted bitter. I finally stopped going entirely. I can get an excellent burger at In-N-Out 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:18:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What is that shit?
View All Quotes

The value menu.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Leno made a habit of joking about their greasy food.  

He did it long enough that McDonalds upper management decided to come out with a "healthier menu" and switch to low fat burgers.

The dry (low fat) burgers tasted like crap, and people lost interest in eating at McDonalds.

Took their upper management long enough to realize that their "healthy" burgers taste like crap.  If they expected Leno to be their main customer, then responding to his jokes may have been the right idea.  Since Leno probably doesn't eat at McDonalds, their response to his jokes was stupid and cost them customers.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

McDonald's has good coffeeflesh melting plasma in a cup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

McDonald's has good coffeeflesh melting plasma in a cup.

FIFY.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#32]
I'll join in the cautious optimism.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#33]
damn this place has been obsessed with mcdonalds lately...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
damn this place has been obsessed with mcdonalds lately...
View Quote

You know that girl behind the counter?

Ya. Not a girl.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#35]

"DON'T MAKE ME ASSUME MY ULTIMATE FORM!!!....RAWR!!!..."
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:06:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What is that shit?
View All Quotes

They figured out how to use beef trimmings they used to not be able to because of contamination by using ammonia to disinfect it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:11:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I get sticker shock (and butthole shock, later) everytime I go to McDonald's.  I may as well go to 5 guys for what they're charging to eat there now .

I could justify $4-$6 for a burger, fries, and drink.  But holy shit, you can EASILY drop $18 on two people getting numbered meal items.
View Quote

When I can get this for $11.99 at a "diner" an $8 or $9 shit "meal" at a drive through like McDonalds/ Carls Jr is ridiculous.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:19:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

here fucking here!

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:21:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Grilled shit is better than microwaved shit...amirite?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:29:16 AM EDT
[#41]
McDonalds "bread" is actually classified *cake* by the USDA and FDA.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#42]
The ONLY thing McDonalds has going for it, is the Egg McMuffing.

That's it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Are they going to add onion rings to the menu?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:39:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Crap.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:57:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Lets see, these are some of the fast food sandwich places within 10 mins of my house.  If I go for a fast food burger I dont even consider Mcdonalds or BK anymore -

InnOut
Apollo Burger
Culvers
Smashburger
The Habit
Five Guys
Chick fil A
Firehouse
Wendys
Sonic
Larsens Drive In
Iceburg
Freddys Steakburgers
Carls Jr
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:03:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.

There's nothing extraordinary about they way they're cooked.

The patties - frozen rock-hard - are placed on a flat steel grill.

A burger timer is started.

Temperature of the grill is closely monitored.

The patties sear on the grill until the timer tells the "chef" to flip 'em.

Then they cook on the grill some more until the timer tells the "chef" to remove them.

IIRC, it takes several minutes to turn a hockey puck of frozen hamburger into a fully-cooked patty.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:08:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

If I am spending $20 for two people, I am going to In-N-Out or a number of the "not as fast" fast food places.

Bring back the $.99 Big Mac and my arteries will harden with delight and my gut will expand with joy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:15:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Freddie's Steak Burger for the win!!

Jay Leno is a mega Douche! He would sit around and cap on fat people, and fast food all day!!

When he himself is a fatass that eats the same fast food he capped on!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:16:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nope.

Then they cook on the grill some more until the timer tells the "chef" to remove them.

IIRC, it takes several minutes to turn a hockey puck of frozen hamburger into a fully-cooked patty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

They don't need to flip them, a grill plate on top lowers and cooks the patties for something like 1 min-3, depending on the size (selected on the grill) and the employee removes them.
Grill
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:17:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If I am spending $20 for two people, I am going to In-N-Out or a number of the "not as fast" fast food places.

Bring back the $.99 Big Mac and my arteries will harden with delight and my gut will expand with joy.
View Quote

The McDouble is around $1.50, and is a very respectable burger for the money - Reminiscent of the original 19 cent burger, albeit with 2 patties and cheese.

All sizes of french fries currently sell for a buck (or at least they do around here).

Ditto for all sizes of soft drinks.

Basically, 4 bucks gets you a decent burger, a large Coke and more fries than God ever intended a human to consume in one sitting.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top