BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 5/27/2015 10:06:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh...2 dipshits collide. The kid was doing ok (sort of) until he went off the rails with the "I'm paying your salary" horseshit. Getting hysterical after that didn't help him any, either. That Sgt's just a dumbass all the way around.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
"You were making threatening gestures, acting suspicious and looking around."  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"You were making threatening gestures, acting suspicious and looking around."  
View Quote

Good thing he wasn't black....he'd be deaded.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Inb4 a bunch of people say he should of been tased or beaten.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

He should have been tased or beaten.

I didn't watch the video.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Fresno
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Umm outside of the cop saying the word illegally what exactly makes him in the wrong here? He seemed about as polite and respectful as one could expect. The kid will have his day in court and the cop will have to prove the charges. Calling them pigs and homos aint going to help his case.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Whats a threatening gesture?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BURN THIS BITCH DOWN!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:09:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Would have been a whole different story if he was videoing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#12]
The cop was polite and professional for sure, but a cock-slurper nonetheless.

Being arrested for 'resisting lawful detention' and nothing else should lead to criminal charges on the cop making the arrest. What kind of silly shit is that? Arrest him for something other than the jollies of arresting someone.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:19:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I lol'd
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Once the cop says you are being detained and are under arrest, does he have any legal obligation to tell you right then and there what you are being arrested for?  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Umm outside of the cop saying the word illegally what exactly makes him in the wrong here? He seemed about as polite and respectful as one could expect. The kid will have his day in court and the cop will have to prove the charges. Calling them pigs and homos aint going to help his case.
View Quote

They train you to deal with stuff like that in the academy.

Cop has no reason to bother the guy, even if he was being a dickhead with the camera.
A SGT should have known better.
The smart move would have been to tell him he was free to leave because he knew he had nothing on him.

I wonder how much this just cost the taxpayer.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Once the cop says you are being detained and are under arrest, does he have any legal obligation to tell you right then and there what you are being arrested for?  
View Quote

He did tell him - you're under arrest for resisting arrest from before I placed you under arrest.
He can make up the rest of the charges later.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't get the circular logic of resisting arrest by not wanting to be arrested for doing something innocuous.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
He did tell him - you're under arrest for resisting arrest from before I placed you under arrest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, but my question still stands. Serious question.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:41:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:42:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.
And he doesn't even have to read you your rights if he doesn't plan on questioning you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Thugs with badges. I simply see this too often to believe these are isolated incidents. Something is rotten in American law enforcement. Not all cops are bad, but enough are that this shit keeps showing up on YouTube and liveleak.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thugs with badges. I simply see this too often to believe these are isolated incidents. Something is rotten in American law enforcement. Not all cops are bad, but enough are that this shit keeps showing up on YouTube and liveleak.
View Quote

Just read some of the TBL responses here. They've defended everything from murder to child molestation, just because the perpetrators had a badge.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

That would have at least made this video interesting.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't get the circular logic of resisting arrest by not wanting to be arrested for doing something innocuous.
View Quote

i don't get it either, must be something taught in the academy
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just read some of the TBL responses here. They've defended everything from murder to child molestation, just because the perpetrators had a badge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Defended child molestation?  Don't think I've seen that one.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read up on the Duggar threads
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:01:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to look them up.  Did not realize there was an LEO angle on the Duggars.  I've never watched the show.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:05:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Recording the police.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:15:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not something thats going to change anytime soon, not as long as fat endomorphs get picked on in school and need for the world to respect their author-i-ty.

We made fun of a slug like Sgt. Dickhonker back in high school.  He tried out for football and during two-a-days ended up on his fat belly and literally couldn't do one push-up to get up on his feet.  Everyone laughed at him down there flapping his arms like a turtle thats high centered on a rock.  He quit and later became a thug cop and vowed to arrest us all.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:17:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems to me everything the Sgt did was derp.
I really can't blame the kid. I'd be pissed as hell. Of course we don't see what the guy did (threatening jester). Maybe he did do something, who knows but from just the video the Sgt is an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Recording the police.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Recording the police.

Same logic as 'arrested for resisting arrest' when no other charges are filed.

AKA contempt of cop.

I imagine most cops don't give a shit.  But the ones that do give the whole "thugs with badges" routine a workout.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:19:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I really can't blame the kid. I'd be pissed as hell. Of course we don't see what the guy did (threatening jester). Maybe he did do something, who knows but from just the video the Sgt is an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Oh look, another "I hate the police" post by GD's ex-cons! Didn't see this coming!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:20:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cite of an arfcop defending a child molesting cop?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:28:51 AM EDT
[#36]
"Oh yeah, touch my dick. Are you a homo?"

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:31:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
Lets go back to the 1700's.

Outside of the crown telling you that you cannot assemble here what exactly makes him wrong here? His Majesty's Sergeant  seemed about as polite and respectful as one could expect.The kid will have his day in The King's Court and The King's man will have to prove his charges. Calling them Tories aint going to help his case.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Politely and respectfully violating one's rights is still violating one's rights.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Oh look, another "I hate the police" post by GD's ex-cons! Didn't see this coming!
View Quote

So if someone sees something wrong with charging someone with resisting arrest (their being arrested being for some barely articulable reason like "causing a public disturbance by going between there and that building" in a public park) for some bullshit reason, that means they're an ex-con? Does that mean the other side of the argument is strictly supporting dirty cops?

Note that I am not saying that either argument is valid, but if you're going to make a reductio ad absurdum argument, you might as well go all in.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:42:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

seriously though I don't have anything to say that wouldn't violate the code of conduct.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:45:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well... blinking is one that I've heard.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:53:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Dumbass kid didn't obey a lawful order and resisted lawful detention. The genius took a situation that (if his story is true) would have been a stern talking to and an order to go the Fuck home and stop being an ass along traffic and turned it into an arrest and in the process made a complete fool of himself in his own video.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, the people never have authority to demand answers of the police.  That said, if I'm arrested and the cop wants to know "Why are you here, where are you going, why do you have a gun?" he's gonna provide the answer as to why I've been stopped before I give any answers.

I'll happily clear my name, but only if I know what suspicion of criminal activity I'm clearing it of.  I'm not aiding his post hoc fishing trip for justification.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:00:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Dumbass kid didn't obey a lawful order and resisted lawful detention. The genius took a situation that (if his story is true) would have been a stern talking to and an order to go the Fuck home and stop being an ass along traffic and turned it into an arrest and in the process made a complete fool of himself in his own video.
View Quote

What's lawful about it?  It it lawful simply because the officer says it is?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:03:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't see a lawful order.
I saw a cop tell someone to put down a camera because he didn't want to be filmed.

There are plenty of other videos of cops conducting their business on camera without making up laws.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:07:54 AM EDT
[#46]
He was unlawfully in the vicinity of cops?  ARREST HIM!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:07:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was under suspicion of causing a disturbance. Officer wanted to detain him. Depending on what that was he probably wanted to cuff the cumbass for officer safety. Shit happens all the time, he never told him to stop recording, just to put the camera down.

Only mistake the officer made was repeating himself too many times. At the second "you're under arrest" he should have followed it up with a this is your final warning, and then just taxed the dumbass. Esp when he decided he should just walk away.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:16:54 AM EDT
[#48]

GD makes me want to pick this shirt up.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:19:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Fresno is a shit hole.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:20:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The cop was polite and professional for sure, but a cock-slurper nonetheless.

Being arrested for 'resisting lawful detention' and nothing else should lead to criminal charges on the cop making the arrest. What kind of silly shit is that? Arrest him for something other than the jollies of arresting someone.
View Quote

I hadn't watched the video till I read that.

He was more of a tease than anything else.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top