Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh. Like others have said, I've seen PSA have better deals. And I'm talking about their Premium stuff. Although they had a PTAC 16" carbine I think going for like $400 not too long ago, and I'm still kicking myself for not foing. I guess it's a pretty good deal if you're looking for a real deal Colt. Hell I already have a hand guard, stock, and spare mags. I'm sure a ton of other people on here do too. Most people mod their ARs anyways. Who doesn't have enough spare parts laying around to build at least half a rifle, sheesh.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:14:30 AM EDT
[#2]
no trigger guard.  I'm out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Colt 6920 without funiture just doesn't do it for me.

Aloha, Mark
View Quote

the factory furniture on a Colt 6920 doesn't do it for me
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You'd have to be some kind of idiot to believe nobody would buy the Colt company and put out product.
Move production to a firearms business friendly state and use a modern production/marketing model. Win.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Barely.  They were almost bankrupt last year, and the S&P just downgraded them to default status.  They are probably selling them without furniture because they owe the plastic molding company money.  

The company selling the rifles is probably legit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

Barely.  They were almost bankrupt last year, and the S&P just downgraded them to default status.  They are probably selling them without furniture because they owe the plastic molding company money.  

The company selling the rifles is probably legit.

thread winner
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Although they had a PTAC 16" carbine I think going for like $400 not too long ago, and I'm still kicking myself for not foing.
View Quote

It's still there.  Not comparing it to the Colt, but for the money, you get a complete rifle with magazine, and have whore money left over.  

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/rifles/palmetto-state-armory/ptac-ar15-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-complete-rifle.html
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#7]
If only it was a mid-length.

I have no use for a carbine length AR, no matter what the rollmark says.

Now, if I could get one for less and put a say, Daniel Defense midlength barrel on it, then we'd be on to something.

At this point I'd rather just build one from premium parts and call it a day.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If only it was a mid-length.

I have no use for a carbine length AR, no matter what the rollmark says.

Now, if I could get one for less and put a say, Daniel Defense midlength barrel on it, then we'd be on to something.

At this point I'd rather just build one from premium parts and call it a day.

View Quote

My ONLY interest would be to have that name in the collection
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Never thought in a million years I would see a Colt that low.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Do you have a problem with capitalism?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully they blow out some 6940's

Not the first time "6940" and "blow" have been used in the same statement.  

Do you have a problem with capitalism?

No, but Colt can go fuck themselves.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Kind of regret not getting one now that they're OOS.  

I need another AR like I need a hole in the head, especially a 16" carbine gas.  But it's a damn Colt.

I hope you all that bought them enjoy yours.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You should be able to source a standard hand guard, trigger guard and generic stock for $30 total.
View Quote

Crap. man, I'm all but certain I have everything but the trigger guard lying around the house.

That can't be abnormal, around here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll wait for Colts going out of business sale, shouldn't be too far off.
View Quote

I know it could be true but still I like the 6920. Mine has been awesome.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

'Colt' will never go out of business.

Bankrupt and bought out by a bigger shark, sure. The brand/name itself is worth to much to simply die.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

UAW strikes again
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm told the screw is the big deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta' wonder why they bothered to put an A2 grip on it...  Just to keep the safety selector plunger in?  Says something about the value of the A2 grip.

But it's a Colt A2 grip.  Hold it up side by side with a PSA or other bargain LPK A2 grip and I bet you'll see some slight differences.

I'm told the screw is the big deal.

It's probably a slotted screw.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn, I think I may end up having to buy one!

Mulling over the OEM2 or 1 now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Arf is amazing, isn't it?

Just a few months ago Colt was the end all to be all

"Get a Colt!" was the mantra
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

True! I haven't been following lately.... Who is the end all be all currently?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was true before quality parts were available and plentiful from even bottom-tier manufacturers.

Now any bubba with half a brain can build an AR on par with colt with the flooded market of parts. You will have a small difference with extremely bottom-barrel parts that are cast poorly such as bolt catches, but besides that there is nothing a union worker at a colt plant can do with all of the parts to an Ar-15 sitting in front of him than anyone else can do themselves.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Jiminy Christmas, the anti-Colt derp on this site is off the charts here lately. Comparing PSA PTAC rifles to a 6920, ell oh flippin' ell. You may hate Colt for their union connection, poo-pooing the civilian market, lack of innovation, etc etc. But Colt makes a solid rifle and I'd take one any day of the week over some cobbled together PSA job.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever is $1500 and up
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What does a failed foray into the striker fired pistol market have to do with anything?

Does the Double Eagle mean their 1911's are shit?

I don't understand why Colt is so polarizing.  I admit some people greatly overestimate, conserving them to be the best AR's or 1911's out there, but they aren't garbage either.  If you take them for what they are, which is a solid middle of the road company in quality (I believe them to be equal to Springfield in 1911's, and equal to DD/BCM in AR's, unless you take in to account that if you go Colt are pretty much stuck with a Carbine) then I don't see how this is some horrible deal.

Now I will admit that most of the time your Colt 1911's will be more expensive than their Springfield counterparts, and like I said with a Colt AR, your only real options are what profile barrel do you want, but I don't see how they can be considered junk.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm shocked at the level of derp in this thread.

This is an incredible deal. If I had the money, I would buy 3 of them.

I would have more confidence in a PTAC than a current production Colt, the companies on the verge of bankrupcy, they just want to get product out the door.

This could / should serve as a warning...

http://clydearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/l/clyde_armory_colt_2000_all_american_1.jpg

What does a failed foray into the striker fired pistol market have to do with anything?

Does the Double Eagle mean their 1911's are shit?

I don't understand why Colt is so polarizing.  I admit some people greatly overestimate, conserving them to be the best AR's or 1911's out there, but they aren't garbage either.  If you take them for what they are, which is a solid middle of the road company in quality (I believe them to be equal to Springfield in 1911's, and equal to DD/BCM in AR's, unless you take in to account that if you go Colt are pretty much stuck with a Carbine) then I don't see how this is some horrible deal.

Now I will admit that most of the time your Colt 1911's will be more expensive than their Springfield counterparts, and like I said with a Colt AR, your only real options are what profile barrel do you want, but I don't see how they can be considered junk.  

Pepper your angus.

Also, I disagree with you.  In my experience (with a 6920 and with a Colt 70 series), Colt makes a pretty sloppy product.  Too bad, it's a great American brand.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I am not a Colt guy by any means, and actually laughed at the stigma that Colt had around here until recently. But comparing a 6920 to a piece of junk PTAC from PSA is borderline insane.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's still there.  Not comparing it to the Colt, but for the money, you get a complete rifle with magazine, and have whore money left over.  

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/rifles/palmetto-state-armory/ptac-ar15-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-complete-rifle.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Although they had a PTAC 16" carbine I think going for like $400 not too long ago, and I'm still kicking myself for not foing.

What's the story on this thing? Crappy fit and finish like the other PTAC stuff? Rusted internals? Will it shoot a decent group and hold it?

Serious questions. Might as well have one for a rainy day.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is funny.

A few months ago, the market was flooded with Magpul and another brand of furniture which was "from Colt deals which fell through".

I guess now we're seeing the guns that furniture was intended for.  
View Quote

Magpul probably told Colt to pay up front.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You have much to learn about the fickle ARFCOM ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have much to learn about the fickle ARFCOM ways.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You'd have to be some kind of idiot to believe nobody would buy the Colt company and put out product.
Move production to a firearms business friendly state and use a modern production/marketing model. Win.
View Quote

Win that Powerball this weekend and I'm buying it and moving that equipment to Tennessee.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Jiminy Christmas, the anti-Colt derp on this site is off the charts here lately. Comparing PSA PTAC rifles to a 6920, ell oh flippin' ell. You may hate Colt for their union connection, poo-pooing the civilian market, lack of innovation, etc etc. But Colt makes a solid rifle and I'd take one any day of the week over some cobbled together PSA job.
View Quote

You can hear the cult like chant "Parts are parts, parts are parts, parts are parts".
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Damn, I think I may end up having to buy one!

Mulling over the OEM2 or 1 now.
View Quote

where is the OEM2? OEM1 is now OOS
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You can hear the cult like chant "Parts are parts, parts are parts, parts are parts".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As Eazy_E (RIP) once said, "Thats when you know the Kool-Aid has hit critical mass."
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Crap. man, I'm all but certain I have everything but the trigger guard lying around the house.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should be able to source a standard hand guard, trigger guard and generic stock for $30 total.

I have a plastic triggerguard from a Bushmaster somewhere, might take a while to find it but if one of our members bought one of these Colts first PM with address gets it.

ETA-I was browsing classicfirearms.com the other day and they had a Colt in that goofy "muddy girl" camo listed, IIRC it was under $800.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top