Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/27/2015 5:35:30 PM EDT
At this price why not grab one and throw those spare hand guards and generic butt  stock on it and have for when the zombies come? Or (not) to flip during the next panic?

http://www.weaponsworld.com/firearms-12/rifles/colt-le6920-oem1-platform-carbine-5-56-nato-fixed-front-sight-post.html
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
ill put it in my junk pile with the xd's
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that company legit?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that company legit?
View Quote

No idea. Others here have ordered one though. I guess we will find out!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered ammo from them. They are G2G IMO
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is that company legit?
View Quote

Colt?  No.  

For $670 you could get a nicer rifle, that wasn't built by the UAW.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ordered ammo from them. They are G2G IMO
View Quote

Well that's good to know!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Colt?  No.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that company legit?

Colt?  No.  

which would be?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is that company legit?
View Quote

Barely.  They were almost bankrupt last year, and the S&P just downgraded them to default status.  They are probably selling them without furniture because they owe the plastic molding company money.  

The company selling the rifles is probably legit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I have some Colt hand guards and a Rogers stock somewhere around here....trigger guard and I would be gtg.....must stay away  from credit card....
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Gotta' wonder why they bothered to put an A2 grip on it...  Just to keep the safety selector plunger in?  Says something about the value of the A2 grip.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Barely.  They were almost bankrupt last year, and the S&P just downgraded them to default status.  They are probably selling them without furniture because they owe the plastic molding company money.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

This. They make it seem like a bare ass rifle is a selling point rather than no one wants to sell them furniture.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This. They make it seem like a bare ass rifle is a selling point rather than no one wants to sell them furniture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

Skipping anyways.

Don't need another project right now.  Need more time for reloading.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#13]
It's really not that great.  You can usually find sales on a completed 6920 for $799.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's really not that great.  You can usually find sales on a completed 6920 for $799.
View Quote

I got two SOCOM uppers for less than 500 each... Might as well loot the corpse.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#16]
meh colt
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

He's talking about Weapons World.

And yes, I've spent several hundred dollars with them over the last few years.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

Colt has had (and to my knowledge, still has) several variations of their 6920 out in the past.  

This was targeted at people who wanted a Colt rifle, but didn't want to be spending money on stuff that would be thrown in a spare parts bin and forgotten about.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

Your average Colt fanboy and/or person who only recognizes the Colt name doesn't know that, and they will still pay Colt premium for a rifle at the right time.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Needs a rear sight, handguards, stock, and trigger guard.  When you factor all that in, it's probably not that great a deal.

But that said, the people in the EE trying to sell their complete colt lowers for like $600 or more are out of the damn minds at this point.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

They introduced two models at SHOT this year that were sans furniture.  This is one of the models.  The other comes with a low pro gas block, no delta ring, and no handguard cap.  While I don't doubt they are having financial troubles and those troubles may extend to their business relationships with vendors such as their polymer product suppliers, that isn't the case with these.  This is a normal production model.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Gotta' wonder why they bothered to put an A2 grip on it...  Just to keep the safety selector plunger in?  Says something about the value of the A2 grip.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's my guess.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Handguard, stock, trigger guard are worth $130?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Skipping anyways.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

Skipping anyways.

Ditto.  Too many reloading projects (not to mention NFA stuff) going on.  

Somebody answer this one... Why is it that now that I'm older and have the money, I don't have the time; but when I was young and had plenty of free time, I didn't have the money?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#26]
You should be able to source a standard hand guard, trigger guard and generic stock for $30 total.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like $30.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like $30.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They introduced two models at SHOT this year that were sans furniture.  This is one of the models.  The other comes with a low pro gas block, no delta ring, and no handguard cap.  While I don't doubt they are having financial troubles and those troubles may extend to their business relationships with vendors such as their polymer product suppliers, that isn't the case with these.  This is a normal production model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

I hope they don't default with Dremel, or they won't have low profile gas blocks anymore either.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll wait for Colts going out of business sale, shouldn't be too far off.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#31]
The real question being is how much are they worth after you camo them with some krylon?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm shocked at the level of derp in this thread.

This is an incredible deal. If I had the money, I would buy 3 of them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is that company legit?
View Quote

No idea but I hope so.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

To a Colt fanboy, sure.

To those of us who see it as what it is, just another AR, it's priced right about where it should be.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would have more confidence in a PTAC than a current production Colt, the companies on the verge of bankrupcy, they just want to get product out the door.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Neckbeard them all.  Total loss when Hitlery gets her new AWB without grandfathering.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Fantastical !

Just needs plastical , quite practical considering many of us have quite a few of the missing parts , collecting dust in a box.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I would have more confidence in a PTAC than a current production Colt, the companies on the verge of bankrupcy, they just want to get product out the door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This could / should serve as a warning...

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuuuuuuuuuuck, an $800.00 engine repair and this shit comes up. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck my life!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

To a Colt fanboy, sure.

To those of us who see it as what it is, just another AR, it's priced right about where it should be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To a Colt fanboy, sure.

I don't/have never owned a single Colt product.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://clydearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/l/clyde_armory_colt_2000_all_american_1.jpg

What does a failed foray into the striker fired pistol market have to do with anything?
Does the Double Eagle mean their 1911's are shit?

I don't understand why Colt is so polarizing.  I admit some people greatly overestimate, conserving them to be the best AR's or 1911's out there, but they aren't garbage either.  If you take them for what they are, which is a solid middle of the road company in quality (I believe them to be equal to Springfield in 1911's, and equal to DD/BCM in AR's, unless you take in to account that if you go Colt are pretty much stuck with a Carbine) then I don't see how this is some horrible deal.

Now I will admit that most of the time your Colt 1911's will be more expensive than their Springfield counterparts, and like I said with a Colt AR, your only real options are what profile barrel do you want, but I don't see how they can be considered junk.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

More like $30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like $30.

If you can find me a stock, trigger guard, rear sight and hanguard for under $130 then let me know where. Last I checked, ~$40 for Magpul MOE stock, ~$40 for Magpul handguard, ~$60 for rear sight, ~$10 for a non-A2 trigger guard. Factory in shipping from one or more places. The standard A2 parts seem to run the same price as the Magpul stuff if bought separately.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Colt?  No.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that company legit?

Colt?  No.  

Yep.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#47]
They were talking about these at shot. I know the company is fucked on the business side but I've bought a couple new colt 1991 for 700 each and they've been great.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

More like $30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like $30.

$30 for a quality stock (not sure how much for the factory colt, but probably closer to $40), $20 for the handguard (colt name probably more), $60 for the rear Magpul MBUS, $10 for a trigger guard, and a 30 round pmag for $15.  My math shows $135.

But hey, good luck on your $30.  It's doable in the used EE.  But then again, you might as well piece together a better rifle and not even bother with the Colt at all.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What does a failed foray into the striker fired pistol market have to do with anything?

I don't understand why Colt is so polarizing.  I admit some people greatly overestimate, conserving them to be the best AR's or 1911's out there, but they aren't garbage either.  If you take them for what they are, which is a solid middle of the road company in quality (I believe them to be equal to Springfield in 1911's, and equal to DD/BCM in AR's, unless you take in to account that if you go Colt are pretty much stuck with a Carbine) then I don't see how this is some horrible deal.

Now I will admit that most of the time your Colt 1911's will be more expensive than their Springfield counterparts, and like I said with a Colt AR, your only real options are what profile barrel do you want, but I don't see how they can be considered junk.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://clydearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/l/clyde_armory_colt_2000_all_american_1.jpg

It is just Colt reaping what they've sewn. I'm a Colt fanboy but they're still dealing with the damage they did to their consumer base in the 80s and 90s. I know the new management is better but with all that debt over their head they would be better off to file bankruptcy and start over.

Their 1911s they've been making the last few years are some of the best they've ever produced. You can get a Colt government from grabagun for less than $700.and they aren't made in Brazil like Springfield's...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top